Heart Strings

De Moonpvssy

Henry was never the type of guy that was like by many people at school. Like most nerds, he didn't really car... Mai multe

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter twenty-seven
Discussion
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four

Chapter Twenty-Eight

13 2 0
De Moonpvssy

Henry's POV

It's now been two days. I've been keeping count of the hours. Still no call, I had cleaned everything that needed cleaning. I thought about Sabrina and her environment. What were they even doing? I just couldn't get the thought out of my head that she could be alone. What if she was locked in a bathroom or worse? Chad had done it before and this time I wouldn't be able to help her.

Sabrina was all I knew, she could only trust me. Mom wasn't capable of being responsible. Chad was a weird man with devilish temptations. He wasn't to trusted, I refused to trust that man. I blew out a breath and grabbed my phone. Who would I even call? I didn't even know what beach they went to. Should I call every beach? Every beach that had hotels?

A loud ringing interrupted my train of thought. A number I didn't recognize popped up. Was it Sabrina? My stomach was twisting inside.

"Sabrina?" I asked when I answered the phone barely containing my excitement. Just the thought of being able to hear her voice was making me emotional.

"You forgot my number...and my name?" Serenity asked confused. I bit my tongue to hold the regretful sigh.

"Uh. I didn't know we had each other's number. I thought this was someone else." I muttered. I got my hopes up for no reason. I didn't even know I gave her my number.

"Yeah, I asked Maddison for it. The whole project thing." Serenity explained. Huh, that would make sense.

"So, you called for that project?" I asked confused. I thought we would meet on the weekends. It's Tuesday and I didn't have plans to do anything educational except watch documentaries. I was tempted to hang up.

"Um, no I called because I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" She asked with hopefulness laced in her tone. God, she's like another Maddison, clingy and obsessed with public outings.

"No. I'm sick." I replied quickly.

"You don't sound sick. Do you need me to come over? My mom makes amazing-"

There's two ways I could go about this. I could tell her no and hang up. Possibly block her number in the process but that would be awkward because we got to the same school. I don't need the extra drama. Two, I could just tell her yes to end the phone call. Besides I have my own car I could always leave when I didn't want to stay. I smiled to myself, perks of having a car and a drivers license.

"Henry?" Serenity's voice was in my ear again.

"What did you want to do?" I asked. Maybe this would be good for me. I wouldn't have to sit at home and wait for a call. I wouldn't have to sit and think about all these worst possible scenarios. God knew I was great at that.

"Great, we could grab something to eat and maybe go to the mall? You could meet me at Stevie's Diner." She said happily, I could hear shuffling on her end.

"Uh, sure. I guess I'll see you soon." I said with a nod. I hung up and regretted agreeing. I agreed with Olivia and look where that went. I agreed with Maddison and that was drama. Drama followed girls, what if Serenity was the worst of it? I didn't need that. Yet, part of me was...almost excited to see her. I didn't know why, did I have a lust for punishment?

I looked around the empty living room. It's not like I could use Sabrina for an excuse. She was gone. This was just a distraction, nothing more and nothing less.

——-

"I'm so glad you decided to come out with me." Serenity said walking us to a booth. The diner was packed with people. The place smelt of grease and bacon. The floor was pink and white tiles. Serenity's wedges clicked against the tiles. The booths were a shade of light pink. It was like a little girl's dream house. Once we were seated, I sighed and leaned my head on my hand. I stared out the big window.

"Here are y'all's menus. I'll be back when you two are ready to order. What can I get y'all to drink?"

I looked over and saw an old lady with grey hair. Her nails were painted orange. She had a pen and notepad. The uniform was all white, I was surprised pink wasn't anywhere. Since Pink had been a running theme so far.

"Mango Soda." Serenity said with a smile looking toward the waitress.

"Water." I responded as I checked my phone. Nothing. God, this was agonizing.

"Are you sure you wanted to come out?" Serenity asked suddenly. I looked up at her and then back down at my phone. Yeah, I forgot. I wanted to come out so I wouldn't be on my phone. Just breathe in and out.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." I said softly as I placed my phone face down on the table. I needed to think of something to-

"So, do you have pets, siblings, or both?" Serenity asked.

"Yeah, just one. A younger sister." I replied. "What about you?" I added quickly. Maddison usually could talk without needing answers in return. Not that it matters or was important.

"I have a little brother. Two dogs." She said with a smile. "Do you wanna see them?" She asked grabbing her phone. I used to always want a pet of some kind. I used to bug my parents about it until....everything happened.

"Uh sure." I nodded as she tapped around on her phone and turned it towards me. It was two puppies, their fluffy coats were deep brown and matching.

"What's the names?" I asked as she swiped to show me more photos.

"Sunny and lilac. I love them." She said pulling her phone back. She stared at me for a moment and I felt like she was waiting for me to compliment her pets. I opened my mouth to say something but she beat me to it.

"So, tell me about yourself. I'm not a judging person." She said with a soft smile. Her brown eyes gazing at me. I'm not a people person nor do I tell people my business but I kept that to myself.

"Well, I'm pretty boring. Not much to know about me." I laughed awkwardly. Soon enough, the same lady came back with drinks and two menus. I didn't realize we hadn't gotten them yet. I figured out she wasn't gonna speak until I gave her some type of answer. I watched the lady leave again before blowing out a long breath.

"I'm eighteen, I like the color black. I work at a stupid hardware store. Um...my dad isn't in my life. I try so hard to keep my grades so i can go to a good school. I save up all my checks just so i can afford to go to good school." I said playing with the straw in my cup. I hoped that was what she was looking for. I didn't have much to give her anyway, I'm not an interesting person.

"My Dad died a few years ago. Do you still keep in contact with him, your dad?" She asked with a frown on her lips.

"No, I have no way to reach out. I don't even want to." I mumbled. I couldn't reach out to him. I wouldn't do that to my mom, even if she was horrible I wouldn't abandon her like my Dad did. Thankfully Serenity didn't push the subject. Maddison would've pushed the subject until it boiled over.

I really need to stop comparing these two. I think it's becoming a habit. A bad one.

"You want to go to college after school? No break?" She asked before taking a sip of her orange drink.

"I actually don't know. I don't wanna leave my sister alone. She's too young to care for herself and acknowledge her environment. So, I want to stay with her and hopefully I can figure something out for us." I said smiling thinking about Sabrina. That's been my plan since everything went from amazing to rotten. Go to college with Sabrina. Get us a nice apartment or just leave her somewhere safe then get her back when I'm finished or on breaks.

"What about your mom? You don't think she could care for your sister while you're gone? You love your sister that much? I love Bear but he's a little bug sometimes." Serenity laughed.

"No, my mom isn't capable. She's- never-mind. It's just personal." I whispered. Serenity quieted down, clearing her throat and placed her hand on mine. I looked at our hands then up at her.

"I didn't mean to overstep. I'm here for you, just so you know. Is...is your mom abusive or...something?" She asked as she leaned on the table. I searched her eyes, she pitied me. I was a pity case to her. Ever since that fight, that's probably why she was extending herself. She probably thought I was a puppy kicked too many times. I growled and snatched my hand back. I grabbed my phone and stood up.

"I don't need your pity or fake sympathy. You don't need to handle me with care. I don't need it and I don't fucking need you." I said sternly and turned to leave. I knew this was a fucking bad idea. I didn't need that from her. I was better off sitting at home without anyone giving me pitied love and attention. I was better than that and better off alone.

😅 well...good things don't last. I'll be making the next few chapters in Maddison's POV for those that miss her POVs. 😂 if I can keep to my word...you'll probably see some juicy...something slight happen between Maddison and Henry but...who knows

Remember thoughts, opinions, and ideas are alwaysss always welcomed.
BYE🩵

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

480 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
1.9K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
61.8K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...