Family Business (L&B Sequel)...

By rudeeambition

If you haven't read Love & Business, stop and go read it before continuing. This is the sequel. More

|1| To Fuck or Not To Fuck?
|2| Feeling Some Type Of Way
|3| Never Too Old
|4| The Truth
|5| The Interview
|6| Mommy Duties
|7| Blast From The Past
|8| Shawty, Will You Be Mine?
|9| Like Father, Like Son
|10| Family Time
|11| About Time
|12| Fatherly Duties
|13| Big News
|14| Newspaper
|16| Miss You
|17| New Beginnings
|18| Blessing
|19| Business Decisions
|20| Quickie Part 1
|21| Quickie Part 2
|22| Something Special
|23| New Family
|24| Still Mad
|25| The Letter
|26| Take Care
|27| No Matter What Pt 1
|28| No Matter What Pt 2.
|29| Daughters
|30| Oreo
| Epilogue|
PUBLISHING A BOOK

|15| A Mother's Job

404 21 1
By rudeeambition

1 week later.

The house was back to a bizarre vibe. Naris was in the process of loading his things into his truck for the move. He was still upset wit his parents and barely uttered a word to them over the last week. When at home, he spent his time in the studio. When at work, he avoided running into his parents. He couldn't believe such a secret was kept away from him. He wanted to get away from them as quickly as possible.

Natasha kept herself locked in her room. She only came out to shower and eat. She was sick to her stomach and heartbroken. It was official. Tjay had went off to basic training and the days weren't going fast enough. The baby was already kicking her ass by making her sick. She couldn't even stand to look at herself in the mirror. She looked pathetic and helpless. She felt like she was in a bad dream and there was no way out.

Shayy tried her hardest to keep everyone together. She felt like her family was falling apart. The oldest two were going through it and she still had to pay attention to the younger ones. With Naris leaving and Natasha sick, her motherly workload was doubled. There was never enough time in her day to make everyone happy, but she tried. She got up most mornings to take the kids to school and had to organize things around their extracurricular activities.

A mother's job is never done.

Synyai and Juan were still a year and a half away from driving and that alone didn't help. Nigel was spending more time in the office making sure numbers were on a steady incline. She just felt overwhelmed and needed some kind of release or break.

"Mama, are you okay?" Synyai walked into the kitchen. Shayy was in the process of making shrimp and sausage spaghetti. She looked tired and ready to collapse.

"Yeah baby girl, I'm okay. What's up?" Shayy turned away from the stove and looked at Synyai.

"I'm just checking on you. Things seem a little crazy around here. Plus I know Naris leaving isn't helping you feel any better."

"Well, you kids do have a life to live once you grow up. As much as I would love for him to stay home, I would love even more for him to have an opportunity to follow his dreams. I would love that for all of you."

"Well, if you ever need to vent, I'm here."

"I appreciate that baby. You are growing up so fast, I wish I could stop it for a few years. Soon, you'll be an adult and following your dreams." Shayy smiled. Synyai walked up and hugged her tightly.

"I love you mama."

"I love you more. Go get your brothers and let's eat." Shayy turned back to the stove and fixed four plates.

Synyai, Juan and Junior came back down the stairs. They washed their hands and grabbed a plate. The four of them sat at the table and ate their food. They shared stories with their mom about school, friends, and their activities. She was happy that they weren't going through anything traumatic and were enjoying growing up as kids should.

"I'm home." Nigel walked into the house with his briefcase and his laptop in tow. He set his things down in the den and walked into the kitchen loosening his tie. He was so happy to be home.

"Hi baby." Shayy smiled. He walked over and kissed her on the lips.

"Hi daddy." Synyai smiled at the sight of her parents. He kissed Synyai on the top of her head and moved along the table and dapped his sons.

"Ah, this looks good. Where's Naris and Natasha?" Nigel stood next to the table.

"Naris is over at Christina's and Natasha is passed out in bed." Shayy responded.

"She needs to eat."

"And you know how pregnancy goes, we don't like to eat all of the time." Shayy shook her head. "Let her sleep and when that baby is ready to eat, she'll eat."

"I feel bad for her. Troy Senior and the wife have been asking to see her. I told them she was in no condition to see people and would kill me if I just invited them over. Shena however insists on coming over to see her."

"You're going to have to talk it out with Natasha." Shayy responded. "Sit down, let me fix your plate." She started to get up but Synyai stopped her.

"I got it mama." She got up from her seat and washed her hands before fixing her dad a hefty plate.

"Thanks baby girl." Nigel smiled and dug in.

After dinner, Synyai sent her parents upstairs and cleaned up the kitchen. Junior retired to his room to do some studying and Juan sat back and watched Synyai.

"What's up with mom?"

"We're running her dry. She cooks every day, at least twice, and she cleans up after us. She works and runs the business and she drives us to school and to our outside activities. She's tired Juan and we're spoiled brats who get everything done. I think we should be helping out more."

"So, like doing our own laundry?"

"Laundry, cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms and making even cooking. We're both in culinary class. We should start helping out with dinner."

"Alright, cool. I'm down." He shrugged. "I love her and I don't want to stress her out too much."

"Cool. We start tomorrow. Maybe we should try to find rides sometimes too. I know Janae's mom will let me ride with her to practice."

"Yeah, my coach lives down the road. He'll be able to bring me home after practice.

"I think we have this issue resolved." Synyai smiled.

Two days later

Dear Natasha,

I know you're upset that I've left. I know things weren't perfect either. I do know that I still love you and you still love me. I also know that you're going to make a great mother. When I return, I'll put my all into loving you and taking care of our child. I hope that you're taking care of yourself and remember the support system you have. If you haven't already, make sure you forgive Misha. She was hurting and trying to make you feel the pain. I know you're probably rolling those beautiful eyes of yours, but you're lucky I can't get to your ass right now. Three months is definitely a long time, but I pray that you can sit it out with me. If you ever feel like you don't want to wait for me or you just get the urge to be with someone else, please let me know. Until then you are my woman and I love you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for keeping my child. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for giving up your life to raise one with me. Please write me back. I need to know that you love me still.

P.S. My parents want to check on you every now and then. Please let them.

Love, the man who loves you.

Tjay.

Natasha lay in bed and repeatedly read over the letter Tjay sent her. She missed him so much. Even though it hurt and even though she felt alone, she would wait on him forever. He was the father of her child and the honest love of her life. She wished it'd been him whom she shared her first kiss. She would have loved for him to be her first boyfriend and for him to have been the one who took her virginity. Everything about Tjay screams that he's the perfect man.

She would get out of her funk eventually and accept the fact that her man went to training in order to protect her freedom. She would have knowledge that he truly wanted to be with her and that he would be ready to raise a child even being away from her. She knew that Tjay still loved her and that was enough to hold her over.

She got out of bed and went to take a shower. She'd laid in bed for the pass 30 hours without eating, drinking or showering. She felt disgusting. She got a look at herself in the mirror and saw that her hair could use a treatment and a facial wouldn't hurt. The bags under her eyes were deep and dark. Her skin looked washed up and her frame a lot thinner. She looked over herself once more and decided then and there to never let herself look like that again.

After freshening up, she went downstairs and into the kitchen. Synyai and Juan were cleaning. She smiled. She hadn't seen her bother or sister in two days. She walked up and hugged Juan then Synyai.

"Mama made spaghetti?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah. Want some?"

"I would love some, but I have no appetite." Natasha half smiled.

"Seriously. If this is what pregnancy is like, I never want kids." Synyai shook her head.

"You'll change your mind in the future. Just make sure it's the far far future."

"No Natasha, I'm not sexually active."

"Good. Don't let anyone force you to be either." Natasha got a bottled water out the fridge. "Where's Naris?"

"With Christina."

"I wonder what's up with him. He's been acting funny these last couple of days."

"I don't know. Mama and Daddy have been whispering about it." Juan replied. "But I tend to stay out of it. I don't want to hear anything that I'm not going to like."

"Same." Synyai responded.

"Well, I'm nosy. So I'm calling him later."

They laughed at their sister as she headed back upstairs. She wanted to write Tjay back and let him know she would still be his through all of this. She's been through too much to start over with someone different when she knew Tjay was the perfect man.

Dear Tjay,

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

I'm so sorry I overreacted to you leaving. I should have spent the time making up with you before you left. I want to apologize again for even considering getting rid of our child for something as selfish as modeling. You had every right to be upset with me. I'm sorry for accusing you of sleeping with Misha. I know neither of you would ever do that. I hope that you can forgive me for all of it. Right now, I do wish you were here. I know you're doing something that'll change all of our lives, but I need you too. This baby has been kicking my ass. Barely able to eat, I sleep all day and I look so deadly, that I may never be able to model again. I was thinking about naming the baby, Nala is it's a girl and Troy The Third for a boy? What do you think? Anyways, I'll be counting down the days until you come home. I love you.

P.S. Thank you for loving me even when I didn't love myself.

Always Yours, Tasha.

*
*
*
*

Check out my story Pretty Faces Trained To Kill & the sequel Pretty Faces Trained to Protect. Great reads ❤

BRAND NEW STORY UP : UNTIL THE MORNING ( A THICK GIRL'S STORY)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 599 50
This is Book 2! If you haven't read the first, I advise you to go read it. You're gonna be really confused if you skip the first.
3.9M 97.7K 59
Here's the sequel to Twins and Bestfriends: Thug Love. Beauty and RJ have more obstacles to face, more happy times, and more drama in their lives. Wh...
2.6K 98 19
READ TO FIND OUT😏
2.5K 177 50
❝ sometimes love isn't exactly what we think it's going to be. ❞ hearts & other breakable things by cassidy smith [ started: 2019 - 2021 ] [ edited...