Stay

By crystalcupcake07

What if Floyd stayed (This turned into something more than a what if) More

Wake up call
Chaos
Laundry
Eclipse of the heart
Hello Darkness my friend
Trapped for now
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
Sleep Tight
What Comes Up Must Come Down
Falling down only to get back up
A Change of perspective
Dreams of the Past
A New Friend
The First Step!
Goodbyes and Reunions
Midnight Call!
A Cry For Those That Have Fallen
Change's In The Tree
Lullabies For A Blackbird
Surprise!
Running So It Can All End
A Long Journey To Happiness
Fall
Rude Awakening
Travel's And Scares
A Diamond And A Sapphire
Introductions To Reality....Why Didn't I Realize Your Pain?
Chases And Annoyances
Aftermaths And A Letter
Birds Of A Feather
Something worrying watches you (Or is it?)

To Be Or Not To Be

257 9 0
By crystalcupcake07

When Sapphire dragged him into babysitting the two brothers and Poppy, along with their kids, he thought it would be chaotic and miserable. Not because he’s watching so many of them, but because of who he is watching. Princess Poppy was known to drive trolls that are watching her crazy, and that the two brothers are...the saddest trolls he had ever met. He’s not saying being sad is a bad thing, it's just that he isn’t sure how his kids will react to them. The two have seen things that no trolling should see. Have gotten severe injuries, and the horrible rumors about them. 

Floyd especially….

But to his surprise everything is going surprisingly well. Poppy was surprisingly calm and just stayed in Floyd’s hair, while he talked to Guy. Occasionally the two would look over to their younger siblings and laugh. Satin and Chenille were still putting makeup on poor Branch who looked unhappy. 

“Are you done yet?” Branch asked impatiently, while giving Floyd death glares. If looks can kill.

“Nope!” Chenille said, focusing on her work. “We still need to add some eye liner.”

“And blush.” Satin added.

“And blush.” Chenille said, agreeing.

The poor boy had been trying to get away from his little artists, not getting far because of his hurt leg, but they kept stopping him. He felt bad for him, but there is no way he could help him without the girls dragging him into a similar fate. 

Besides the makeup this is the calmest babysitting he had ever seen in troll history, and that’s saying something with Poppy around. Is it because of Floyd? What does he do to make her so calm? Did he learn a trick while-

What was that?

He turned his head towards the entrance of the tent trying to listen closer, and heard a soft humming coming towards the tent. Are they back? No it doesn't sound like them, Sapphire's voice is softer and Peppy’s voice is more gruff. Did someone need the king?

He got up from the cot and went closer to the front, catching the attention of the kids, and listened more closely. 

“What did you hear?” Guy asked curiously, Floyd right behind him, also trying to listen. It's not the first time he got up when he heard someone or something coming. It’s pretty normal for trolls to stop what they are doing and try to listen closer to a sound they heard. 

“Just trying to figure out who’s coming over.” he answered, not bothering to turn around. Guy nodded a little excited, he loves to guess whose footsteps are whose. Floyd joins in listening in on who’s coming, Poppy popping out of his hair to listen. Even Satin and Chenille stopped their work to listen as well, much to Branch’s relief.

The humming got closer, soft pattering of feet matching the beat. The voice sounds familiar to him though, and he can’t believe he didn’t recognize it earlier. It's “Felicia!” he said excitedly, startling the kids. The humming also stopped and a yelp of surprise came from her. Oops.

“Dad! Don’t do that!” Chenille said angrily. He sheepishly turned to them saying, “Sorry.” He was a bit excited, Felicia is his and Sapphire's best friend. Though his kids do not look impressed with his apology. Floyd, Branch and Poppy just look very confused.

“I’ll just go and talk to Felicia!” He said quickly as he went outside embarrassed. It's not the first time he did it when he realizes it's Felicia coming over. 

“That’s one way to get my attention.” Felicia said amused when she reached the front of the tent. He just groaned covering his face blushing really hard, she just laughed as she guided him away from the tent, he didn’t notice at first trying to cover his blushing face. Once they were a good distance away she made a serious face. “Where’s Peppy?”

This can’t be good.

“He’s with Sapphire…Why?” 

“I want to talk to him about the boys.”

He took a breath, why does everyone want to talk about them? 

“Why do you want to talk about Floyd and Branch?”

“It’s about the rumors and…”

“And?”

“How it might be hard for them to make friends.”

He eyes widen, “Why would-”

She gave him a sharp glare, cutting him off saying, “Because those rumors can affect how others preserve them and others associated with them!” 

He shook a little at her outburst. She then took a deep breath calming herself down, ”Sorry, I just don’t want them to suffer from those rumors.”

He still trembled a little, he never thought about it before but he understood what she was saying. He gave a timid smile “It’s ok, I want to help.”

She gave him a grateful look saying, “Thank you.”

“What do you have in mind?” He said he wants a proper plan before they tell the king anything.

“Well…”

_______

“Who’s Felicia?” Branch asked after Flare (he thinks that’s his name?) left. Chenille just groaned, “It’s just dads and moms best friend. She comes over a lot, with Smidge.”

“Smidge?” he repeated, why do trolls keep coming to them.

“Her daughter.” Guy answered with a shrug, “They are both fun to hang out with.”

He doesn't care if they are fun to hang out with. He just wants to get away from the twins.

“Anyways!” Satin suddenly said, “Let’s finish up with Branch and move on to his brother.”

Floyd looked a little startled at those words, and as much as he wants revenge for Floyd not saving him, he doesn’t think Floyd’s injuries have healed yet. “I don’t think-” he tried to say something but Chenille cut him off. “Oh great idea!”

“No, not a great idea.” Guy quickly said, looking unimpressed as he stepped in front of Floyd. The two just looked confused at him, “Why not?”

“I don’t think makeup will help a face injury.” Guy said plainly. Satin and Chenille only seem to take that as a challenge. “We’ll see about that.” They said before working on him again, but unexpectedly Guy picked him up before they got the chance. He yelped in surprise.

“What!?”

“Hey!”

“If you don't respect their boundaries I won’t respect yours.” Guy said simply before walking towards the entrance of the tent, carrying him bridle style. The twins looked furious, “We’re not done! Get back herer!”

Floyd tried to stop Guy from leaving with him and while also trying to make sure there was distance between Guy and Satin and Chenille, Poppy just watched looking very worried. Reminds him of when Floyd tried to break up a fight between John Dory, Spruce and Clay. “Guy you don’t have to-”

Floyd didn’t get the chance to finish before Guy slipped by and made it through the front entrance of the tent.

_______

“That could work, let’s ask them tomorrow after we tell Peppy.” Flare said, once they finally have a plan.

“I hope they agree.” Felicia said concerned. 

“Me too.” He said, also concerned. This plan really depends on their friends agreeing. He really hopes that they don’t believe in those rumors. He was about to ask if their friends didn’t agree when suddenly they heard shouts coming from the king's tent.

“Guy you don’t have to-”

They turned towards the tent and saw Guy running out with a scared Branch heading towards them. 

When he got closer he tried to ask Guy what he was doing “Guy what are-” but he ran past them. Falica looked at him asking, “What was that about?”

“I don’t know but I should go get-” he tried to answer but a shout stopped him.

“GET BACK HERE!”

Satin and Chenille ran past them not noticing them and chased after Guy. Oh that’s why he was running. “I think that’s your answer Felicia.”

 “Huh.”

“Wait! Guys! Stop!”

Floyd came running after them but stopped when he noticed him and Felicia. He didn’t get the chance to talk before Floyd shoved Poppy into his arms half haphazardly, and continued running.

“Floy!” Poppy shouted after him.

He and Felicia looked at eachother, she pointed at the kids as if saying,’Should we go after them?’

He nodded his head, and then they both started running. He thought he could leave them alone for a few minutes. Apparently he is wrong, so much for the calmest babysitting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 422 45
(VELVET AND VENEER ARE ADULTS!) Floyd has recovered from his time in captivity, and is doing better than ever. He's very appreciative of what his bro...
34.4K 958 8
๐Ÿ™ โŸก in which an ex-assistant of brozone helps to find floyd . . แกฃ๐ญฉ ๐†๐€๐‹๐€๐—๐๐”๐๐’ - ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ (HITAUS)!!!
680 52 11
What if John Dory was the one who got trapped in the Diamond instead? Trollnapped by a girl named Orchid who wants to be famous to impress her fancy...
814 19 2
"Nobody knew it yet, but the lives of innocent trolls were about to be changed forever... Especially for five young trollings whose world would get t...