Rude Awakening

Peppy walked out of the medical tent searching for the troll he handed the bags to. He is pretty sure the troll was setting up a tent of their own, but he's not sure which. He might have to ask around to find them. Maybe they put them somewhere that is obvious?

He then began to ask around trying to figure out where the bags and the troll were, and after a while he managed to fund the troll.

“Oh there you are!” He said, walking up to the yellow skinned and blue haired troll. Who turned around holding a young trolling in their arms smiling. “Oh hello King Peppy, what do you need?”

“Just wondering where you put the bags I gave you.” He said, the female troll just nodded and said, “Oh! I put them in my tent so I didn't lose them. I can go get them real quick.”

He nodded, smiling, “That would be much appreciated.” 

The troll handed the little trolling in her arms to him and said, “Here hold Smidge, my hands will be full and I don't want her to get hurt.”

He took her and she walked off to get the bags. He then reached into his hair and said, “Poppy I have a new friend you could play with.”

Instead of finding Poppy in his hair or her popping out. He found nothing but air. This startled him and he looked around, “Poppy?”

________

Branch laid there bored out of his mind. He wasn't sure what to do. He can't go on walks because of his bum leg, and he can't talk to Floyd because he is still out. Peppy left 15 minutes ago or something looking for their bags. He hopes they aren't lost in the tunnels.

Sighing, he decided to move closer to Floyd and lean his head on him. He hopes King Peppy comes back soon. For a few minutes he just laid there next to Floyd listening to his breathing. When he suddenly hears, “Floy!”

He shot up from the cot and looked towards the voice. Only to see Princess Poppy running from the entrance to where he laid. Where's King Peppy!?

She ran all the way to them, and then tried to climb onto the cot. After a moment she managed to climb on, and crawled towards Floyd. But before she could reach him, he picked her up and sat her away from Floyd. He doesn't want Poppy to wake him.

She did not look happy and tried to reach him again, but he repeated what he did last time and said sternly, “Floyd needs sleep, Poppy.”

She didn't listen, instead she decided to hop onto Floyd without giving him the chance to catch her. He heard a painful grunt as his brother shot up. 

“POPPY!” He shouted angrily.

______

Floyd woke up painfully. Something or someone landed on his stomach causing him to sit up and grunt. He heard someone shout as he recovered from the pain.

“POPPY!”

Wait Poppy's here?

He looked down to his stomach to see Poppy, looking at him innocently, was the one who jumped on his stomach. To the right he could see Branch looking like he is about to explode. But Poppy was not paying attention to him, instead she raised her arms up and said, “Floy! Upsy!”

Floyd got a little mad, she jumped on him so she could be in his hair? Where's King Peppy? 

He was about to look around for him, but Poppy started to get anstey, and started to hit him.

He picked her up, her eyes beaming with excitement, and set her to the side. She got mad at that and started to scream. “Wanna ride Floy!” On the top of her lungs, Branch looked like he wanted to throw her. But before he got the chance Floyd scolded her. “No Poppy, I'm not letting you ride me.”

This startled her for a second, she never got scolded or saw Floyd angry before, but he ignored her delma and continued. “You jumped on me and I'm not gonna reward you for hurting me.”

Poppy deflated a little and said sadly, “Hurt Floy?”

He relaxed his face a bit, seeing that she didn't realize this. “Yes, and I was not happy when you did that.”

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, “Sorry Floy.” 

He sighed, feeling a little guilty for scolding her and said. “It's ok, Poppy.” He then opened up his arms and said, “I forgive you.” without hesitation she hugged him.

“How did you do that?” someone asked in awe, he looked around and realized trolls were watching him. Did they watch the whole thing?

He just shrugged and continued to hug Poppy. He is not in the mood to answer any questions.

Suddenly Peppy entered with bags in his hands saying frantically, “Has anyone seen Poppy?!”

Branch just raised his hand yelling, “Over here.” And Peppy ran over. 

“There you are!” He said sweetly as Floyd handed Poppy over to him. “You scared me.”

“Da!” Poppy said, turning around to see her dad.

Peppy then dropped the two bags near them and started to walk off. Not paying attention to anything that was going on.

Once they're gone he just laid back down and took a deep breath. He thought of what happened in the tunnels, the chaos, the screaming, Viva. He started to tear up at the thought of Viva. He then looked towards Branch's leg. He couldn't help her or Branch when he was stuck.

“You ok?” Branch said, looking concerned. He just nodded. Branch did look like he believed him. “You're crying.” He just wiped his tears in response, sniffling.

Branch just sighed and said, “Can you hand me my bag? I need to talk to you about something.”

He looked at Branch for a moment, then did what he was asked. Branch then dug into his bag and pulled out his notebook. “Can we talk outside?”

He just nodded and picked their bags and then Branch, and went outside. Then he walked towards a tree and sat down.

“What is it?” He said tiredly, Branch looked guilty for a moment, but opened his book and said, “I had another dream before you woke up.”

And proceeded to tell him about the dream, and showed him what was inside his notebook.