Castlevania Nocturne: A Sneak...

By TriforceofWisdom

A 'sneak peak' of a future series chronicling the events of Castlevania Nocturne following Emmaline Tepes and... More

Act of Retribution
Good Guessing
Character Profile: Emmaline
Excerpt: Angel and Demon
Character Profile: Vance
Author's note
Whispers in Dreams
Sneak Peak: Angel of the Ocean Waves
Sneak Peak: The Parting Storm
An Angel's Bliss
Note: Questions and Ideas
Character Profile: Amalie
The Hermit
Emma and Vance conversation
Sneak Peak: A Guardian's Promise
Sneak Peak: Farewell to Good Company
Sneak Peak: Machecoul
Mentor and Pupil
Suspicions
Blood of the Watcher
Sneak Peak: The Provincial Life
Sneak Peak: Lioness and Cubs
Chapter Names
Just For Fun.
Idea: Family Relics
A Treacherous Crossing
Up Next.
Sneak Peak: The Mal'akh of Machecoul
Olrox
Sneak Peak: Mother and Daughter
Sneak Peak: Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Up Next
Character Profile: The Hermit
Idea: Maria Renard
First meeting
Oops
A Vampire's Nature
Ideas
Sneak Peak: The Sires
Tera and Vance
Sneak Peak: Striga and Morana
The Past Returns
Up Next
Sneak Peak: Ange Gardien
Prisoners
Sneak Peak: The Fires of Revolution
Fun fact
fun question
Quick note
A New Feathery Friend.
Mother and Son
Up next
Not a bar fight
Upcoming Chapters
Sneak Peak: The Old Orchard
Random Idea : La Seine
Beast of the Vendee
Just for Fun 2
Up next
Character Profile: Peter
The Beasts
Sneak Peak: The Peluda
Sneak Peak: The Malbeast
Monstrous Myths
Fun facts: Emma Tepes
Protective Dhampir Dad
Update
Sneak Peak: La Velue
Sneak Peak: The Silent Stalker
Pitfall
Fun Facts: Amalie Tepes.
Sneak Peak: Juste Belmont
Idea
Sneak Peak: The Vampire Hunter

Sneak Peak: The Visitor

20 0 0
By TriforceofWisdom

Two years later

1791

.....

It was half past ten and Emma still didn't come down.

I knew she had a long night hunting with Richter since dusk. She returned home at two in the morning and walked right upstairs, rolling on her nightshift and crashing right into bed, murmuring at me not to wake her up. Vance strode in like a prince of darkness."A successful hunt, those ravenous occultists won't trouble travelers anymore."

"Ravenous occultists?" I crossed my arms intrigued. "Now that's something I haven't heard of in centuries."

"Nor will you hear of it again." Vance puffed a hiss. " A trio of loonies snatching humans from their beds and sacrificing them under the full moon. Slashing their throats and letting the bleed out under the moonlight to appease some lunatic god of theirs. Waste of blood if you ask me."

"Is this something I should be concerned about?" I curled my fists around my staff.

"Nope. Emma and Richter smoked them out. That boy is getting to be quite the natural."

" Good to hear." I quickly regretted it. "Sorry! No offense."

"None taken, angel." Vance remarked. "Everyone's safe and sound except the cultist vampires. I'm telling you this revolution is bringing out the crazies." He bid me goodnight and retreated into the cellar.

The sun rose to another day. Emma slept through the morning. I managed my appointments without trouble, keeping the shop well. I heard no rumors of vampire occultists. Just the same old talk in the same old town. I should consider myself lucky.

The doorbell rang and Maria walked in. "Good morning Amalie. Is Emma here?"

"Good morning Maria. Yes she is, but she's asleep upstairs."

"Her too!?" Maria exclaimed. "Richter's still sleeping. I wanted to wake him up, but my mother told me not to bother him. His lazy ass will be in bed the whole day. I thought maybe Emma might be awake."

"Nope, she's out cold too. After the busy night they had, who could blame them for sleeping in?" I mused, welcoming her in and closing the door.

"Why does she have to go with him?" Maria sat down on the couch. "He's a full fledged hunter now, she doesn't need to babysit him anymore."

"She's his protector." I explained. "Emma promised his mother before she died that she would watch over him. That doesn't end when he becomes an adult, and if he gets in a fix she'll bring him out of it."

"Well.....she shouldn't have to protect him all the time." Maria huffed, thrumming her fingers on her arm like Emma did when she was impatient. Crazy how quirks get passed down generations.

"Maria, what's wrong? What's ruffling your feathers?"

"Nothing!" Maria snapped sharply before apologizing. "Sorry..." She spoke in a lighter voice. "I hoped Emma was up so I could talk to her."

"About what, if you don't mind me asking?"

Maria answered. " I wanted to see if she can speak at the meeting tomorrow night."

My smile faded. "Not gonna happen, I'll tell you that now before you even ask. . "

"I don't understand." Maria shook her head. "She fought with the French in America's revolution, Why won't she take a stand with us now, on our own soil?"

"She doesn't want to. One revolution was enough for her, and she has no desire to contribute to another."

"Why not?" Maria asked, genuinely confused. "Why is she so ashamed? She fought and steered the way for the independence of a new country. She fought for liberty and won. That's something to be proud of!"

"She's not ashamed." I defended my daughter without hostility. "She's scared. Revolutions are a bloody affair, and she was in the thick of it. She fought for liberty and won, but it came at a cost."

Maria sighed. "I just think of what she could do here. Emma doesn't have to fight, the things she could tell us, the stories she has of a successful revolution....... We could learn so much from her and she could be a huge inspiration to us all."

"Maybe." I smiled weakly. "But she's not ready to retread her past. News of this revolution is scaring her enough. I already had to tell the Abbot to stop the knight's regiments in the woods because their gunshots sent her into a panic attack."

Maria bristled at the mention of the knights, and was about to say something offensive about the Abbot's attack dogs when the doorbell rang. "Odd, the door's unlocked." I went to the door and opened it. "Good morning, there's no need to ring I'm open for business." My mouth went agape. "Boss above."

"Amalie, who is this?" Maria stared at the man in a weathered traveler's cloak and sandals, leaning against his walking stick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918 35 6
I do not own any of the characters except the ones created by me that are not from once upon a time. This is my first book ever to be posted and crea...
153K 6.9K 25
it's @/emily_elizabeth_fowl 's work. summary in the prologue. happy reading :)
83.6K 2K 34
March 05. 2021 - March 21. 2021 ~ I don't want any trouble just want to write, so if any mistakes are made or if certain credits aren't given that I...
81.1K 2.2K 109
Not even the Youngest Descendant of Godric Gryffindor knew what was so special about her family's sword. The one that their useless fake had been mis...