Justice is Blind |『 Female OC...

By Mooogey

The Demon Slayer Corps was an ancient organization whose purpose was to protect humanity from the threat of d... More

Act 1: Winter is Coming
Act 2: The Will to Protect Others
Act 3: The Start of a Flamboyant Training
Act 4: My Own Breathing Style
Profile 1: Tadao
Act 5: Battling The Melodic Menace
Act 6: The Last Recital
Profile 2: Hibiki
Act 7: Flames of Kasai-ji Temple
Act 8: Trial by Fire
Profile 3: Rizumi
Act 9: Tales Told in Hushed Tones
Act 10: Not Child's Play
Act 11: Between Two Worlds
Profile 4: Aoki
Act 13: Clash of Vengeance
Act 14: Edge of Despair
Profile 5: Mizu
Act 15: A Trial for a New Tomorrow
Act 16: In the Breath of Recovery
Act 17: Onward to the Next Mission
Profile 6: Kage Akio
Act 18: Wrapped into the Coldest Mist
Act 19: A Light in the Dark

Act 12: In the Heart of Natagumo

37 1 0
By Mooogey

The forest of Mount Natagumo stretched endlessly before Shirayuki and Ayuna, its trees like sentinels to the unknown horrors lurking within. The mist hung low, wrapping around the trunks and branches in ghostly fingers. Every step they took was met with the soft crunch of leaves underfoot, which added to the countless amounts of movement from the spiders around them.

Shirayuki paused, her head tilted slightly as if listening to a melody only she could hear. "The air is heavy here," she murmured, her voice a hushed whisper against the backdrop of the forest's eerie atmosphere. Ayuna nodded, her eyes scanning the dense foliage, a sense of unease prickling at the back of her neck.

Her hand rested on the hilt of her sword, a silent promise to whatever lay ahead. "And those spider webs are getting on my nerves," she said, shaking her hand to get rid of them.

As they delved deeper, the path beneath their feet became littered with broken twigs and disturbed earth. "The smell of blood..." realised Ayuna as she crouched near a tree. "This means we're getting closer," she said before standing up and looking toward Shirayuki.

However, she paused when she saw the expression on the white-haired girl. "What's wrong?" she asked. "Did you hear that?" Shirayuki wondered as she stepped past Ayuna. "No...?" Ayuna replied, following her.

Trying to focus on her hearing, Ayuna furrowed her brows and looked at Shirayuki. "What am I supposed to hear?" she asked as Shirayuki paused and raised her head. "It's like threads are being pulled..." explained Shirayuki, making Ayuna narrow her eyes.

"Threads?" she asked before feeling movements on her arms and seeing three tiny spiders. Shaking her arm, Ayuna's eyes widened when she realised. "It's the spiders," she said as Shirayuki turned to her. "Remember what that Kage guy said? That they started fighting each other?" she asked, making Shirayuki nod.

"Well, maybe those spiders are creating the threads you hear, and this is why everything is happening," she guessed, which made Shirayuki gape. "You are smarter than you sound," she said, which made Ayuna glare at her. "What is that supposed to mean!?" she growled before huffing in annoyance.

"Plus, it wasn't that hard to figure out," she continued, seeing a smile on Shirayuki's face. "Don't smile at me," she said as the white-haired girl tilted her head, still smiling. However, a sound nearby brought the two attention before they ran in said direction.

In front of them were multiple slayers with broken limbs standing and walking toward them. "That is sickening," grimaced Ayuna before taking out one of her swords. "We can't kill them," reminded Shirayuki, which made Ayuna scoff. "You think I don't know that?" she asked before running toward the slayers.

Dodging to her left, Ayuna glanced at the slayer, seeing threads linked to his body. 'Seems like I was right,' she thought before swinging and cutting the threads holding the slayer, making him fall.

Then, she turned toward the approaching slayers and saw them move slowly with unnatural movements. 'But there are so many of them here,' she realised, getting into a stance. 'We can't lose time here forever,' she thought, preparing to jump into the fray again.

"Ice Breathing Second Form:..." she heard behind her, making Ayuna pause before feeling a gush of wind running past her. "Frozen Trail," said Shirayuki, dashing and cutting the rest of the threads.

Relaxing, Ayuna sheathed her sword. "I had that," she said as Shirayuki smiled at her. "I know you did, but I think I found the demon responsible for this," she mused, making Ayuna tilt her head. Then, Shirayuki pointed to her right. "The sound of moving threads increased over there," she informed, making Ayuna hum.

"Which means the demon is probably over there," realised the girl, making Shirayuki nod. "Let's not waste time then," she said before the two ran in said direction while dealing with the controlled slayers on the way.

"Cutting the threads doesn't seem to work as much," said Ayuna, jumping over a slayer who tried to slice her. Humming, Shirayuki parried the sword of one before swiping his feet to make him fall. "...h-help me," she heard, making the white-haired girl turn her head to her left.

"I-I don't want to hurt any of you," said the slayer as he stepped toward Shirayuki with his arm twisted the wrong way. "...e-everything hurt...please make it stop," he begged as Shirayuki frowned at his tone. 'Cutting the threads won't work, so what do we do?' she wondered before hearing a sound behind her.

'Three people are coming...' she realised before recognising a familiar heat signal. 'Is that...Tanjiro-kun?' she wondered before hearing a loud shout. "Out of the way!" shouted the person before rushing past Shirayuki toward Ayuna. The person headbutted the slayer before jumping on his back and cutting the threads.

"What are you doing, stupid boar head!? I could have cut you!" scolded Ayuna, making the said boar head turn to her. Ayuna saw what appeared to be a shirtless guy wearing dark grey-blue pants with fluffy brown fur. "Who are you calling stupid boar head?!" he angrily replied as he stepped toward Ayuna.

"Do you see another boar head around? Of course, it's you, dumbass!" she retorted before the two headbutted and tried to push the other. "I'm going to slash you into ribbons!" treated the boy, which made Ayuna scoff. "I would like to see you try!" she taunted as the two growled at each other.

"I-Inosuke," called Tanjiro before sighing in exasperation. "Tanjiro-kun," mused Shirayuki, making Tanjiro turn to her as a small smile grew on his face. "Shirayuki-san, I'm glad to see you again," he said before gaining a more serious look.

"Shirayuki-san, the slayers-" "Are fighting each other. Yeah, we figured," interrupted Shirayuki before turning toward an approaching group. "Ayuna realised it was the spiders doing that," continued the white-haired girl.

"Ayu-chan, we still have a mission to do," called Shirayuki, making Ayuna and Inosuke pause in their bickering. "H-how many times did I tell you not to call me that!?" she scolded as Inosuke laughed at her. "Ayu-chan? What are you? A girl?" he asked, which made Ayuna's eyes twitch in annoyance.

"Couldn't you tell? Or did you lose brain cells in this boar head of yours?" she asked, making Inosuke huff. "You're more like a wild animal than a girl!" he countered, making Ayuna growl before pushing Inosuke to block a slayer trying to attack him.

"When we leave this mountain, I'm going to beat you up," she threatened as Inosuke ran toward a group of slayers. "Not before I beat you up!" he replied as Tanjiro sighed. "You also have someone with a...weird temper," he realised, looking at Shirayuki.

Smiling in response, she turned toward the third person in their group, who was trembling. "Who are you?" she wondered, making the boy jolt up and furrow his brows when he saw Shirayuki's facing him. "I'm Murata, but..." paused Murata. "Are you blind?" he asked before seeing Shirayuki nod.

"W-why aren't they sending someone with high rank? We're screwed!" wept Murata before feeling a hand on his shoulder. "You shouldn't underestimate Shirayuki-san because she is blind," said Tanjiro, making Murata raise his head.

"If she weren't skilled, she wouldn't have made it," he continued, causing Murata's eyes to widen before he nodded. "Y-you're right, sorry," he apologised before ducking at the last second when another controlled slayer tried to cut him.

"We should focus on finding the demon controlling them," Shirayuki suggested, making the two boys nod. "I would, but with this acrid smell, I can't," said Tanjiro, holding his nose and making Shirayuki hum.

She focused her senses on the nearby woods. 'I can hear the threads moving around,' she thought as she weaved around the slayers trying to attack her. Then, feeling a distant heat signal, she could sense the person moving its arms as they sat on something.

"I found it," she said, gaining Tanjiro's attention. "You did?" he asked, seeing Shirayuki nod. "If you follow that path, there should be multiple slayers and further behind, someone is moving the threads around," she informed him.

Smiling, Tanjiro nodded. "You are amazing, Shirayuki-san!" he said before looking at where Inosuke and Ayuna were. "Inosuke, we find the demon!" he called, making the two pause before the boar-headed boy turned and ran at Tanjiro. "Don't interrupt my competition!" he scolded while headbutting Tanjiro's abdomen.

Startled for a few seconds, Tanjiro patted Inosuke's back. "I'm sorry, but I will need your help fighting the demon," he said, making Inosuke giddy at Tanjiro's words, which earned a scoff from Ayuna.

"Yeah, get the hell away, you damn boar," she said, which made Inosuke snap back to reality. "Who did you call a damn boar?!" he shouted, headbutting with Ayuna once again.

Tanjiro shook his head, smiling. "We will deal with that demon," he announced to Shirayuki and Murata. "Very well, we will look to help anyone around," the white-haired girl informed. "Yeah, leave these guys to me and go ahead," said Murata before the three nodded.

Tanjiro ran to Inosuke and grabbed his collar before going in the opposite direction. "Oi! Let me go! I need to punch this wild animal in the face!" he shouted, unable to escape Tanjiro's grip.

On the other hand, Shirayuki grabbed Ayuna's sleeve and ran where she felt multiple heat signatures. "What are you doing? Let me put this damn boar in his place!" she said, which made Shirayuki hum.

"Ayuna-san..." she called with a serious tone, making the other slayer pause at the heaviness she felt from Shirayuki's voice. 'She never called me by my full name before,' realised Ayuna as Shirayuki stopped.

"Have you felt something strange since we entered this mountain?" Shirayuki asked, making Ayuna furrow her brows. "Because I felt three heat signatures..." she paused as she gripped her sword. Ayuna could see Shirayuki's hand tremble slightly. 'She never acted like this,' she thought, still confused.

"I never felt this intensity in anyone before other than with tailed beast demons and Hinako, " continued Shirayuki before turning toward Ayuna. "I-I think they are three strong demons here," she said, which caused Ayuna's eyes to widen before she looked back from where they were.

"Can you sense where they are?" she asked, making Shirayuki nod. "One is nearby and..." she paused as a shiver ran down her spine. "Why is it so intense?" she wondered as Ayuna approached her. "What can you feel?" she asked as Shirayuki closed her eyes.

"Its heat signature intensity just increased again," she revealed, making Ayuna narrow her eyes. Then, taking out her sword, she stabbed it into the ground. "Blood Breathing One Sword Style Third Form:..." she lingered before a pulse resonated from her. "Crimson Domain," said Ayuna before closing her eyes to focus on her senses.

Shirayuki grew a confused expression, and then, after a few seconds, she heard Ayuna stand up. "I know where it is," she said before touching Shirayuki's shoulder. "Come on, let's go deal with it," she said.

The two ran as they followed Ayuna's direction before Shirayuki asked, "What did you do earlier?" making Ayuna glance at her. "Because of my demon side, I can sense blood around me," she informed her before looking forward.

"And I sensed that the demon we are about to encounter just killed someone," she told Shirayuki as they fell silent. "Shirayuki..." called Ayuna, making the white-haired girl hum. "Don't be scared. We will make it out alive," she reassured her, making Shirayuki smile.

Soon enough, they reached a clearing where Shirayuki felt the intense heat signature. "Rui, Rui, Rui, you should have known that your family was useless," complained the person. "But of course, you never listen, do you? Maybe I should have killed you and taken your spot as the Lower Moon Five," cackled the person.

Then, turning toward the two slayers, they smiled. "Oh? Are you here to entertain me? I feel quite sad since Rui doesn't want to hang out with me," fake pouted the person.

In front of the two stood a young man with pale skin and short grey hair hovering over his green eyes. "Who are you?" asked Ayuna, taking out one of her swords. "Me? Well, I'm a man of many names," he said, twirling on himself.

"Some call me saviour, some call me monster..." he paused before grinning at the two. "Others can't call me because they don't have the time," he said as he suddenly appeared behind the two slayers, which caught them off guard.

Thankfully, they managed to jump away before anything could happen. "You react quite fast!" cheered the young man before his eyes seemed to shine. "You deserve to know my real name then," he said as Ayuna's eyes widened beside Shirayuki. "Dammit, why do we always end up against these guys..." she mumbled.

"My name is Shun, and it is a pleasure to meet with my next meal," he introduced himself as the slight wind pushed his hair away from his eyes. She could see the kanjis 'Bijû' and 'Go' in Shun's green eyes. "Sometimes I wish your intuition wasn't this good..." lingered Ayuna as she saw Shun grin at them.

"Which one is it?" Shirayuki wondered as she got into her stance. "The Tailed Beast Demon 5," Ayuna informed her, taking out her third sword and putting it in her mouth.

"Don't let your guard down," said Ayuna before the two ran at Shun, who only widened his eyes wildly. "That's it! Come and become my food!" he cackled before rushing toward the two.

~~~~~oOo~~~~~

Kage walked silently through the dense foliage of Mount Natagumo. His senses alert to every rustle and whisper of the forest. The distant clangs and cries of battle reached his ears, drawing a wry smirk across his face.

"Sounds like everybody got their hands full," he mused, his thoughts briefly drifting to Shirayuki and Ayuna. "Better not die on me now," he murmured, almost as a casual afterthought.

But there was an undercurrent of genuine concern in his voice. The sounds of combat, a cacophony of desperation and fierce will, were a stark reminder of the difficult task all demon slayers faced.

Kage's mind wandered to his fallen comrades, their faces momentarily flashing before his eyes, prompting his jaw to tighten. 'This one's for you both,' he thought, his resolve hardening like the steel of his swords.

As he continued his silent march, the memories of laughter and shared dreams with his companions weighed heavily on his heart, now tainted by the relentless reality of their brutal end. Raising his head to the night sky veiled by treetops, Kage let out a small, almost invisible sigh.

The moon hung like a watchful eye, casting a pale light through the branches. Its glow seemed to pierce through the darkness, offering a fleeting sense of solace in the otherwise oppressive night. A shadow passed over Kage's eyes for a moment, a hint of past battles or losses flickering through his mind.

He shook his head as if to dispel the ghosts of memories better left untouched. "Focus," he whispered to himself, his grip tightening around the hilt of his swords. The weight of his resolve felt like an anchor, steadying him amidst the chaos that awaited.

Each step forward was a step closer to avenging his fallen friends, a step towards ending the reign of the demon that had torn his world apart. As Kage moved stealthily, the forest seemed to respond to his presence, the eerie stillness a contrast to the fury in his heart.

He had tracked this demon for what felt like an eternity, its trail a winding path through sorrow and rage. The leaves rustled softly underfoot as he paused, sensing a change in the air. The heat of battle grew closer, the scent of charred earth and the oppressive feel of the demon's presence signalling he was on the right path.

"Not much farther now," he said, anticipation growing with each step. This demon had taken too much from him, and now it was time to reclaim a semblance of peace, to honour the memory of those he had lost.

With a final glance at the moon above, Kage pressed on, the shadows of the night his constant companions. The forest's whispers seemed to carry the voices of his late friends, urging him forward, their spirits intertwined with his own. "One of us isn't going out of this forest," he vowed, readying for whatever lay ahead.

He imagined their faces, not as they had been in death but as they had been in life, full of hope, courage, and determination. These memories fuelled his steps, lending strength to his resolve. The trees seemed to bend away, as if in respect as Kage's target loomed ever closer.

He knew the upcoming confrontation would be fraught with danger, but he also knew he couldn't turn back. There was no place for fear or hesitation. This was more than a mission. It was a path to closure, a way to make things right, even if such a thing could never bring them back.

Suddenly, the ground beneath him rumbled without warning, a foreboding sign of the impending danger. Kage's senses flared as a wave of oppressive heat washed over him, the air thickening with the scent of sulphur and burning earth.

Instinctively, he leapt to his right just as a stream of molten magma surged forth, replacing where he once stood with a violent hiss against the cool forest floor. The ground was charred and glowing, a stark reminder of the close call.

Landing gracefully on a nearby tree branch, Kage eyed the source of the attack. His gaze fixed on the figure emerging from the shadows, her presence commanding yet fraught with a vicious grace.

Magma dripped from her fingertips, each drop hitting the ground with a sizzle and pop, leaving small craters of smouldering earth. "Found you," Kage muttered, a fierce grin spreading across his face. His heart pounded, not in fear but in anticipation of the confrontation that had haunted his dreams.

Standing amidst the smouldering underbrush stood the figure of a woman with flowing blond hair and pale skin that seemed to glow with an inner fire. Her golden eyes, fierce and unyielding, locked onto Kage with a predatory glare.

"Haven't you had enough?" she asked, her voice melding scorn and curiosity. The words hung heavy in the air, charged with an energy that seemed to crackle and spark. "Enough? I will have enough when I sever your head," scoffed Kage, his voice unwavering and tinged with an edge of anger.

He took out his swords, the blades glinting ominously in the faint moonlight. The tension between them was palpable, a dance of death about to commence. The demon smirked, her lips curling into a sinister smile. "Bold words for a mere human," she replied, her form beginning to glow with an intense heat.

"Didn't your companions share similar beliefs? And where did that let them to?" taunted the demon with a sickening grin on her face. "Scorched to the brim, right?" she asked, knowing the answer as she observed Kage's expression. However, Kage didn't flinch, instead jumping from the tree with a confident, measured stride.

He could feel the weight of his comrades' hopes and dreams on his shoulders, their silent pleas for justice fuelling his determination. "Keep running your mouth. That will make this more satisfying," said Kage as a smirk grew.

"A demon like you will never feel salvation," he continued, which made the demon cackle. "Don't I look human enough for you?" the demon taunted him before tilting her head in mockery.

"Ah, I remember. You humans like to put a name on things to make them more human, right?" she asked before tapping her chin. "Then why don't you call me Kazan? Then, when you die, you can tell all about me to your little friends," she taunted before laughing.

With a sudden, explosive movement, Kazan launched another barrage of magma towards him, igniting the night with a fiery rage. Kage dodged and weaved, his body moving with a fluid grace that belied the danger.

Each movement was precise, each step bringing him closer to his target. The air around them cracked with the heat of her attacks, and the ground beneath their feet was marred by battle scars.

"Shadow Breathing First Form:..." lingered Kage when he was in the range of Kazan. "Phantom Slice," he said, swinging his right arm in an almost invisible strike that Kazan barely dodged. "Even back then, you were the strongest of you three!" she cackled, seeing Kage's swords grazing her face.

The moonlight shone in her eyes, showing the kanjis 'Bijû' and 'Yon' as Kazan jumped away from the slayer. But Kage was relentless, his anger and grief transforming into a focused, deadly calm. He darted forward, his swords a blur of motion as he aimed for every opening, every vulnerability.

Kazan's laughter only grew louder despite finding herself on the defensive. "The calm anger suits you quite well," she taunted before smirking when Kage rushed at her. "But this clouds your focus," she mused, eyeing the slayer before raising her hand.

Suddenly, the earth trembled once more as Kazan unleashed her fury, summoning a massive pillar of magma that erupted from the ground directly in Kage's path. The heat was overwhelming, the light blinding, but Kage's determination did not waver.

He leapt high into the air, his silhouette outlined against the raging inferno, an image of defiance in the face of overwhelming power. "You're going to have to do better than that!" he shouted, defiance in his voice.

As Kage soared above the pillar, his swords at the ready, Kazan's smirk widened, her following words laced with venom. "Oh, I plan to, dear slayer. I'm just getting started," she said, her eyes gleaming with cruel anticipation.

As Kage prepared to descend upon her, the air around them seemed to pulse with a dangerous, building heat. Kazan clapped her hands, and the ground beneath them began to crack and glow ominously. "Blood Demon Art: Haze Cover!" exclaimed Kazan.

Suddenly, many magma streams erupted from the earth, encircling Kage in a fiery ring. Their intensity and unpredictability were unlike anything he had faced before.

Caught in mid-air, Kage realised the gravity of the situation. His eyes widened with the adrenaline of the challenge as he prepared to counter. "Bring it on, demon," he muttered, a smirk gracing his face as he felt the scorching heat closing in.

~~~~~oOo~~~~~

*Whoosh*

*Whoosh*

Amidst the eerie chaos of the night, a singular figure cut through the air with desperate speed. Shiratori's feathers, slicing through the misty air, raced against time. The usually calm and composed owl was now a creature driven by urgency, her eyes reflecting the dire situation.

Every beat of her wings was fuelled by dire necessity as Shiratori's keen eyes were fixed on the distance. She knew every moment mattered, and every second could mean the difference between life and death for Shirayuki.

Finally, a village came into view, and Shiratori saw the villagers around the person she was looking for. It seemed like they were expressing their gratitude, their voices a mix of awe and relief. 'Tengen-sama,' she thought when her eyes landed on the hashira, who just sheathed his twin blades, his mission completed with his usual flair and efficiency.

Tengen smiled flamboyantly at the villagers as he prepared to leave before hearing the wings flapping near him. Then, looking upward, his sharp eyes saw a small figure descending rapidly towards him. Recognition flashed across his face as he identified the frantic creature.

"Shiratori?" he muttered, his brows furrowing in concern. Tengen saw the owl landing with an uncharacteristic clumsiness, her body heaving with each breath. Tengen knelt, extending a hand to the exhausted owl.

"What's happened? Why are you in such a rush?" he asked, his voice firm yet laced with concern. Despite her exhaustion, Shiratori managed to speak. "Tengen-sama... it's Shirayuki... she's in danger," she panted.

The mention of Shirayuki's name caused Tengen's eyes to narrow. A grave seriousness instantly replaced his playful demeanour. "You've never sought me out like this...it must be grave," he concluded, picking up the owl.

Turning toward the villagers, Tengen smiled at them. "The threat is gone. But I must leave immediately," he informed them, making the locals nod. "Thank you again for your help," said a man as Tengen nodded before whistling loudly.

Seconds later, a crow landed on Tengen's shoulder before tilting its head. "Nijimaru, inform the kakushi to come to this village," started the hashira before turning toward the road. "And inform Oyakata-sama that I need to make a detour before reaching the headquarters," he said, making his crow nod before flying away.

In an instant, Tengen summoned his strength, and in a burst of speed that left the villagers in awe, he dashed forward, his figure becoming a blur as he raced away. "Give me the details on the way," he said as Shiratori perched on his shoulder and gathered her breath.

The air around him seemed to vibrate with the intensity of his resolve. "Hold on, Shirayuki," he whispered, his every step resonating with purpose. "I'm coming to get you," he vowed, leaving only a gust of wind in his wake.

The villagers gathered around and watched in silent awe as the flamboyant hashira disappeared into the night. Whispers of prayers and hopes followed him, a collective wish for the safety of the brave souls fighting in the distant mountain.

Meanwhile, Shiratori, still perched on Tengen's shoulder, recounted the dire situation with as much detail as her weakened state allowed. Every word seemed to fuel Tengen's speed, his concern growing with each detail. He knew Shirayuki's capabilities well, and the fact that Shiratori had to seek him out meant that the situation was beyond critical.

Tengen's mind raced with strategies and countermeasures, his heart aching with the thought of his student facing such peril. 'Shirayuki, just hold on a little longer,' he thought, his determination unwavering. He couldn't bear the thought of arriving too late, of failing her when she needed him the most.

'I could never expect all of these demons to appear simultaneously,' he realised as the weight of his responsibility pressed down on him. A heavy burden only a hashira could understand.

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 10.6K 42
[Hashibira Inosuke x Reader] Born in a world riddled with demons and a thirst for revenge, you take it into your own hands to find the one behind you...
457K 13.9K 43
Being the daughter of an undercover demon doctor wasn't exactly an easy task. Having to hide your face and not get caught by other demons, but you we...
11.3K 425 11
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚. 𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐧. 𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟, 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢...
212K 8.8K 54
She lost everything at one night but received something at that night. A demon killed her family but she was saved by a man who promised that he will...