INVISIBLE STRING, jack hughes...

By jjstruelove

。・:*˚:✧。 AVEN TAYLOR, daughter of beloved coach Chris Taylor for New Jersey Devils. Aven finds herself falli... More

INVISIBLE STRING ⁂
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four

thirty

1.8K 39 12
By jjstruelove

✧˖*°࿐ MY FRIENDS TOLD ME ONE DAY ILL FEEL IT TOO
AND UNTIL THEN ILL SMILE HIDE THE TRUTH
BUT I KNOW I WAS HAPPIER WITH YOU
ed sheeran

Aven hadn't spoken a word. From the moment she woke up, the drive to the airport, and even through security. She buckled her seatbelt, throwing her head back against the seat as she stared out of the window.

"Okay, for real. What's the matter? You're quiet, but you never this quiet." Bella groaned, her head cocked to the side as she stared at her intently.

Aven shrugged, biting down on her lip harshly. "Nothing. I'm just tired, okay?"

"I'm sure." Bella widened her eyes before staring down at her lap. "I know somethings wrong because you don't drink like that. Your mood changed after you talked to Dylan. What happened?"

"I've been so worked up on what I was going to say to him if I saw him." Aven sighed, tasting the nickel taste in her mouth as she drew blood. "He moved on, Bella. He has a whole new girlfriend. In what, barely a month?"

Bella rolled her eyes, grabbing Avens hand. "He's a dushbag. I saw we slash his tires"

Aven laughed softly, rubbing her eyes. "Absolutely not. It's whatever. But then he has the nerve to sound pissed when he saw Mark and I in the bathroom."

"Wait, elaborate." Bella scrunched her face up.

"I don't even remember fully why we were in there. I was just sitting really close to him when Luke walked in on the phone with him. He was giving him a house tour for some reason." Aven scoffed. "And the camera was flipped and when he saw us, he freaked. Like, asking Luke all this shit."

Bella shook her head, groaning in her hands. "He's bipolar. I'm telling you, one too many hits against the board."

"Yeah, maybe you're right." Aven nodded, the lights dimming as the plane began to shake, soon taking flight into air. "I'm gonna try to sleep off this hangover."

Bella chuckled, tapping her head softly as Aven snuggled up with herself, leaning her temple on the side of the plane as she rested her eyes.

The two hour flight felt like twenty as she tossed and turned, holding her hands to the side of head as her chair rocked from the turbulence.

"Please tell me we just landed." Aven muttered, picking her head up as she lifted the window, seeing the familiar airport. "Thank God."

"Get me the fuck off this plane." Bella agreed, flipping her hair as she stood, thankful in that moment that they had chosen first class.

They grabbed their things from the overhead bin, walking towards the baggage claim. Aven ran a hand through her knotted hair, shivering from the coldness of the airport.

She could see her initials on her bright pink suitcase as she groaned, lifting it. Bella's coming out just seconds later.

"Okay, my dad should be here somewhere." Aven hummed, the two walking through the automatic doors. "Found him."

Chris exited his SUV, popping open the trunk as the girls hurried over. The girl hugged her father tightly as she helped him put her things in, nearly throwing herself into the passenger seat.

"Everyone good?" Chris asked, huffing as he shut his door, glancing in the mirror as Bella sent him a thumbs up, clicking her seatbelt in. "So, how's college life?"

"Oh, amazing." Bella raved, a large smile on her face. "It's beautiful there. It's just freezing a lot."

Chris nodded, intrigued. "That's Michigan. How about you, Aven? Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's really nice." Aven nodded, shifting slightly. "The girls on the team seem welcoming and the coach is sweet. I'm really happy that I made that choice."

"Yeah, me too." Chris rubbed his daughter's shoulder. "We've been falling apart a bit. I think Jack finally dropped his grudge against me."

Aven furrowed her brows, turning to look at him. "Jack had a grudge against you?"

"A very evident one." Chris chuckled, rubbing his chin. "You know, he didn't talk to me for a good week and half after you left. The kid was distraught."

Avens face fell slightly as she dropped her eyes to her hands, cracking her knuckles. "Well, he got over us quick. I see he's got a girlfriend."

"Oh, her?" Chris hummed. "Yeah, they must be serious. I mean, I'm in the locker room, I hear the things he tells those boys."

"Like?" Aven asked, her nosiness getting the better of her.

Bella sat the edge of her seat, tapping her fingers as she, too, couldn't mind her business.

"I don't know." Chris shrugged. "He talks about going through girls left and right. He was seeing these girls but dropped them for this new one."

"Oh, so...he's a slut." Bella blurted, her cheeks immediately turning red as she stared at her father figure.

Chris turned onto her street with a quick shake of his head. "Thank you, Bella. That's an amazing description of my player."

"Yeah." Bella chuckled awkwardly, throwing her door open as Aven rolled her window down, Chris getting out to help her with her suitcase. "Hey, you okay?"

Aven nodded, trying to figure that out herself. "Yeah. What can I do?"

"Nothing." Bella frowned slightly. "Hey, If you need anything call me. I'm a minute away, literally."

Aven smiled softly at the brunette. "I will. Thanks, Bells."

"Smooches!" Bella blew her a kiss, thanking her father before hobbling up to her home, her mother waving as she hugged her daughter tightly.

The car ride back home was silently, Aven chewing on her fingernails as they pulled into their driveway. Aven had never been so unhappy to be home.

"Hey, you wanna get food?" Chris asked, Aven huffing as walked the slight incline of her driveway, her suitcase rolling behind her.

"No, thanks." Aven forced a smile, waiting patiently for her father unlock the door. "I'm really tired. I didn't get much sleep."

Chris nodded, keeping a slightly confused face as Aven walked in the house, kicking off her slippers with a yawn. "Thank you for getting us. I'll probably be sleeping the rest of my day away."

"Have at it." Chris kissed her forehead softly, hearing the patter of her footsteps as she hurried to her room.

Aven sighed as she shut the door, running a hand over her face as she crawled into bed, turning on her side as she stared blankly. Her eyes glancing up at her nightstand.

She leaned up on her elbow, flipping the small polaroid over. She could feel her breath halt as she run her thumb over the photo.

"Say cheese." Aven laughed, holding the camera lens up to her eyes as Jack sat on her bed, cocking his head at her.

"Parmesan." Jack flashed his white teeth, his eyes glued to her instead of the camera itself.

Aven laughed, shaking her head as she joined him on the bed, his hand coming to smooth over her bare thigh. She shook the photo, waiting for it to develop.

"So, when is your dad gonna be home?" Jack asked, his fingers tapping along her skin.

She shivered with a slight shrug. "A few hours, I think."

"Good." Jack nodded, grabbing her jaw as he kissed her slowly, pulling her body onto his as he laid on his back, his head landing on one of her pillows.

Aven blushed as she pulled away, looking at the photo as she ran her thumb over it. "My boyfriend is so cute."

Jack grabbed it from her, checking himself out as he scoffed. "Your boyfriend is a cutie."

Aven groaned, throwing the photo back onto her night stand as she covered her body with her thick comforter.

😔
21k eek i love u 🩷🩷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 1K 28
stella zegras, twin sister of trevor zegras, navigates her way through the ups and downs of being the only female on the new jersey devils, or any nh...
420K 3.8K 57
where a 19 year old gets a job position for her favorite hockey team and is faced with a challenge.
29.3K 667 31
to him, she was always his heaven.
19.1K 798 16
𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥'𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬 ! ✿⎯⎯ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 he's convinced that they're soulmates but she just doesn't know it yet. 𝐎𝐑 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 luke hu...