oneshots ° ↣ broppy

By sunshiningcg

little broppy oneshots, written by the one and only ! me! Cover and story art by me!! Hooray!!! If you like... More

.01 ↠ a valentines night
.02 ↠ helpless
.03 ↠ bundled
.04 ↠ untame
.05 ↠ untame
.06 ↠ a new years special!
.08 ↠ bakery
.09 ↠ stolen
.10 ↠ saturns ring
.11 ↠ photoshoot!
.12 ↠ questions
.13 ↠ magazine
.14 ↠ advice
.15 ↠ advice
.16 ↠ treetop
.17 ↠ dewleaf
.18 ↠ valentines day special!
.19 ↠ safe & sound
.20 ↠ bunker mayhem

.07 ↠ fantastartistic

279 7 22
By sunshiningcg

lowercases are intentional.

                                                       fantastartistic.

it had been 358 days and 5 hours since branch had asked poppy to be his girlfriend. And to him, it was the best day of his life. He loved poppy before, now, and would always love her in the future. During the holidays when he got poppy's name as his secret gift swap person, he spent so long trying to decide on a gift. When his creation blew up in his face, he decided to just give her a scrapbook instead.

and as much as she loved it, branch felt mad at himself for getting her such a lousy gift. He didn't care that poppy hadn't gotten anything for him, because she already gave him everything he need everyday; a loving, hopeful and passionate girlfriend. But branch was determined to get her the most awesome anniversary gift anyone in troll village has ever seen.

So there was 6 days and 19 hours for branch to decide, plan, and create the perfect gift for poppy.. starting now!

His first plan was to try the hair-doing, nail-painting, and smoothie-making machine again. But he would never have enough time to make a version of it that would actually work. Maybe he could make her a scrapbooking machine? "no.."  A rainbow maker? "That's stupid.." maybe a machine that could make her whatever clothes she wanted at that moment? "no, that's more stupid."

gasp. "I've got it" branch said. He decided he would create a painting. I mean, he knew how to paint, right? He'd make a painting of the two of them. He had a photo of poppy holding branches hands and smooching him, it would make the perfect painting. He just had to paint it, in 6 days and 18.5 hours. He could do that, right?

So he grabbed the photo from his dresser and started sketching. all was going well until he heard someone coming down to his bunker.

"Ahh- wait wait wait! Give me a second- don't come down here yet!" The blue troll covered his painting as much as he could and tried hiding his things before the troll could see his designs.

"Branchhh, what are you doin' down there??" The voice belonged to poppy, as she traveled down the bunker to see her boyfriend. "Ooh! Are you scrapbooking?"

"no- no I'm not scrapbooking. uhm-" he quickly shoved his things away, "haha, hello poppy.." He said in a cool-ish tone.

"Okay, well there's some pencils on the floor. I wonder what you were doing.." poppy replied, but got distracted. She gave him a quick kiss on the lips, "sooo watcha up to?"

"Oh- ahah, I'm just bored like usual!" He joked around , unusually. 

"okay.." poppy replied, "well, ya wanna do something? We can sit by the lake orr," she stroked his hand and touched his jacket, "I dunno, something else?"

He tried not to act nervous, "oh, I'm actually- uh , a bit busy right now, poppy."

"Busy? but I thought you just said you were bored-"

"Busy with.. my thoughts!" branch laughed, "my thoughts.. silly me! haha..he."

there was a silence , "oh, okay. You really do have a way with words! I think.." the pink troll grabbed his hand and led him out towards the entrance. Dang, I needed to work on my painting- 

poppy took him to the lakeside, where they always went to have some time to talk. Branch sat down on the grass, which was a dewy from rain from the day before.  poppy was going to sit down- "tut tut, wait a minute," he laid down his green jacket on the grass, "a queen should never get her butt wet on the grass-"

poppy giggled, "okay branch." She rolled her eyes jokingly and sat down on his jacket, "SOO, what have you been up to today? I feel like I haven't seen your face in so long. Even though I saw it yesterday.." 

But branch was zoned out. Should I do 2973 brush strokes, or 2898, to make it more neater? It has to be perfect for poppy- "Branch?" The pink haired troll waved her hand in front of his face

"Huh- oh yea sorry-" he snapped back to reality.

Poppy was confused, "hm." She said, "okay. I asked how your day was?"

"Oh, uh- good. It was good." He said, fidgeting with his fingers. Poppy asked him some more questions which were met with short, vague responses.

"Are you feeling okay branch?" She placed her hand on his forehead, "are you sick.? maybe let's get you back in bed."

he saw this as the perfect opportunity; branch coughed a loud cough, "oh yea, gosh I guess I've just been a little sick- why don't I get back to the bunker right now." She smiled his awkward smile. Poppy sighed, "okay then."

They went back to the bunker, the pink haired troll waved a sad goodbye and branch lowered himself down. He's so odd sometimes. she thought curiously, before checked the time. 7:35 pm.

Branch spent all night sketching out his painting, yep, that will make the right amount of pencil marks right there, perfect! 

he would spend his next days planning, and his nights painting and maybe a little more planning and drawing and painting to make his gift for poppy perfect. And every day poppy would come in to see him but he would give his short responses so he could get her to leave. All he did was work on his painting. Until there was one day left until their anniversary. 

Branch was refining the last tiny details of his artwork, admiring it. Poppy will love it! I hope.

Finally, like usual, poppy can be heard coming down on the bunker's platform. She doesn't yell or scream for branch. She has a solemn expression on her face. 

Branch quickly puts away his painting and supplies, "oh, poppy. Back again?- haha"

"Yea, um. I wanted to talk to you."

"Ohhhhhhhhhh nooo.. it looks like I'm busy again today,I can't hang out.  but I promise tomorrow, for our anniversary. I'll make it the best!" He walked up to her and gave her a peck on the cheek. But she didn't cheer up .

"No, branch, that's what I'm here to talk about. You are always busy. You can't even hang out with me- and- and I'm  thinking maybe we shouldn't celebrate our anniversary at all." She folded her arms and set her gaze to the floor. Branch stopped smiling "wait what?"

"I'm just saying, you can't make time for me.. and if you don't want to celebrate our anniversary than it's okay, and I won't."

"No no- I've been busy because I've been, uh- preparing for it. So it can be great! I want to celebrate with you poppy-" 

"Bye, branch. Figure it out." She walked and left his bunker. Branch was left in silence. He didn't even add anything to his painting, he just walked to his room and looked to the ceiling. He didn't even realize how poppy felt, but now it felt so obvious. He should've known she was upset.. and now he had to make it right.

It was late, and he fell asleep quickly. He hadn't  gotten much sleep over working on his painting through the nights. He awoke when the sun was down and quickly ran out the bunker. the blue troll traveled as quick as he could to get to pop village. He visited the local flower shop and bought poppy a bouquet of mittensettas, her favorite. 

When the sun began to rise, he went to poppy's pod. She was still sleeping. He knew she loved waking up during the sunsets; and she was already turning in her sheets hazily. 

"Poppy," he whispered, holding the flowers, "poppifer,"

she awoke and wiped her eyes, "branch?-"

"Poppy, I'm so sorry for the way I've been treating you. I'm prepared to make our anniversary the best," he began, and held out the mittensettas with a red tint on his cheeks, "your the best girlfriend ever, and I went to celebrate with  you everyday; so I'm sorry I haven't." 

Poppy paused for a second, "it's a little early, branch."

Then he paused, "sorry.." 

She grinned and sat up in her bed, giving him a little kiss on the cheek. "Mittensettas, my favorite- too bad I'm allergic." she sneezed violently, making the flower petals fly everywhere around the room. "I'll deal with that later..." 

After poppy changed they walked out and had a nice breakfast at the local diner. Poppy already seemed happier, and branch was glad. The couple took a trip to the flower field and picked some flowers. Branch picked big pink ones, and poppy picked one blue sparkly ones. They gave them to each other.

When it got late and the sky was dimmer, branch led her back towards the lake, where they sat down on the grass and watched the water.

"Poppy I'm so sorry," the blue troll started. "I was wrong. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," poppy smiled, "well. No, it's not okay. I was hurt. But im glad you apologized. And I forgive you because I love you." She leaned in and tilted her head. He did the same and their lips met passionately in front of the water. 

Branch pulled apart and brushed poppy's  hair with his fingers. "Oh wait, I have a gift for you. It's one of the reasons why I uhm, was a bit busy.. but I have to go get it." He stood up and quickly swung to his bunker which was nearby. He grabbed the painting, taking one good last look at it. He brought it up and traveled back to the lake. 

"Okay you have to close your eyes" he said with a  nervous tone. Poppy grinned and fidgeted with her toes while smiling, "I feel scared-"

Branch placed the painting right in front of her and she opened her eyes. "Wow branch, it's-" she admired the artwork, "you painted that?"

"Umm, yea I did. I thought you would like it and it took me a long time." He nervously spoke about his creation. Poppy stood up and hugged him as they both looked at it, "you never told me you could paint. That's artistic. No- amazingistic, hmm.. fantasticingartistic? Fantastartistic!"

He laughed, "Well, I actually didn't know I could paint either."  poppy giggled and kissed him again. "I'm glad this anniversary was so special. You'll always be my special guy, branch. The most special troll."

"Well, you'll always be the most special queen. I know every troll would agree they're  blessed to have such beauty ruling them," he smiled into her eyes and kissed her forehead. They looked at the lake together and smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 974 26
If you love Broppy, you'll love these oneshots REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!!!
1.7K 33 15
Hello, if you read the title then you know what this is about: Broppy. This is also my first story on this app, the story is Branch's POV. If you don...
35K 1.7K 100
Hello every-troll! Um..I draw stuff, like trolls and animals. Yeah so I'm gonna put some of those drawings here. And I might also take requests, so i...
29.7K 428 100
I Take "Suggestions" For Chapter Ideas But I Don't Take Requests. Just Some Cute, Short Stories Featuring Poppy, Branch, And The Other Trolls Charact...