.09 ↠ stolen

lowercases are intentional.

                                                          stolen.

It wasn't unusual that poppy took a stroll during her day. I mean, it was regular that she'd go somewhere when she wasn't performing her queenly duties. So, today she decided to walk along the forest pathway; the pink troll was surrounded by tall trees and green shrubs around her. flowers emerged from the dirt, and she stopped to sniff a pink rose that was growing from a bush. A thorn pricked her finger, "ow"

The pathway came to an abrupt end. hm, better head back now. 

poppy turned around, ready to walk back to troll village. but she stopped in her tracks when a rustling noise came from behind her. with a nervous gulp, she turned back around, "erm- hello?" 

no noise. okay.. nothing then. That's weird. 

she turned around, but stopped when she heard the mysterious rustling once again. "Okay, that's enough!" She spun herself in the direction of the sound. and from the bushes came a little kitty cat, no taller than her leg. With fluffy gray fur and big beady eyes, the little cat tilted its head to her. mrrow

.. "OH MY GOOODDNESSS, LOOK AT YOU!! You're so cute, my wittle oogie woogie~" poppy felt light headed from the sight in front of her. A harmless little kitten was just standing there? "Do you want me to take you home?? Yesss, you cutie, you want me to take you home don't you!" she cooed.

as she stepped closer to the cat, about to touch its gentle fur, everything stopped. and poppy was swallowed into the darkness.

"branch, it's been three days. there's not much we can do." floyd said, crossing him arms over his chest. all five of the brozone brothers were gathered in the same room, settled down  in branches bunker. all of branch's brothers had their gaze set on him. but branch looked up at his clue board, pondering.

"No, we're gonna find her okay? She wouldn't just disappear."

three days ago, it was made known to the trolls that their beloved queen of pop had gone missing. Questions had been asked all over the village, but nobody knew where she was. 

"Look at the board. She was doing what? walking, right? Maybe towards the lake or uh— the town or the forest." Branch sighed and heaved over his desk. Clay came up to him and set his hand on his brothers shoulder.

"Don't touch me," branch swatted his hand away, and the green haired troll backed up, "okay okay, branch. You know we're doing everything we can. Maybe we could just- wait?"

a silence filled the air. "wait.?" Branch turned around to fix his gaze on all his brothers, "wait? You want us to wait? Are you serious!?" He slammed his fist on the table, "you guys don't understand, and you never have. This is not something we can just 'wait' on. We have to find her!" 

John Dory spoke, "branch, why-" 

"Because I love her! I love her more than anything. And I need her, and she needs to come back!" Branch turned himself toward the vision board once again. "It's adding up, and once we get more clues we'll find her."