The Epilogue - Katniss and Pe...

By justsunsetorange

This story is based on the characters, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. They both are from the hunger game... More

He's home.
Wishing to be Dead.
Pearls and Worry.
Nightmares and Letters.
He left me.
Begging and crying.
Safe.
First time.
Drunk and Numb.
A Chance of Infidelity.
The Hunger I Crave.
The Ring.
Hospitals and Sorrows.
Him.
The Dress.
The Wedding.
Changing My Mind.
Meaningful Conversations.
I can't.
Questions and Sickness.
Wrong.
Favorite Colors and Birthdays.
Disagreements and Tears.
Dead.
Star People.
Circles.
Real or Not Real.
I didn't want to.
Finding a Purpose.
Phone Calls and a Bakery.
Tears and Feelings.
Meeting Eloise.
Promises and Cliffs.
Mistakes.
Going Home.
Disappointments.
Trying to be Fine.
The Opening.
Crying and Intentions.
The Letter.
Convincing.
Lies.
School Problems.
Nothing Working Out.
Forgiveness.
Hallways.
Promises and Tears.
Always.
Rekindling and Necklaces.
Songs and Kisses.
Anger.
Gone.
Pain.
Miscommunications.
Needs.
Night-time Calls.
Wishes.
Trying.
My Fault.
Medicine.
Rain.
Different.
Knowing.
Blood.
One Last Time.
Explanations.
Newspapers and Letters.
Never Enough.
Ready or Not.
Remembering.
Truths.
Never.
Regret.
Choose Me.
Finding Her.
Miss Me.
Thinking.
The Beauty of Pain.

Decisions.

271 4 60
By justsunsetorange

*Disclaimer*
There's going to be some...SCENES (ifykyk) in Willow's portion, which will describe consent and actions, and if you don't want to read that then skip her point of view!!

*Katniss's POV*

I storm out of the room, making my way down the hallway. I hear Peeta's heavy footsteps behind me, and I slow down due to my knowledge of how he can't move as fast as the rest of us.

"Katniss." I hear him call, and I reluctantly turn around, still seeing a gaze of fury. "You're not killing him."

"The hell I'm not." I remark, beginning to turn around again. He grabs my arm to stop me, and I sigh before looking back up at him.

"I'm not letting you do this." He says, and I scoff at him. He glares at me and I look down at the floor, waiting for his wrath of words. "You aren't doing anything related to him. You won't speak to him, you won't be near him, and you most certainly won't be killing him."

I remove his hand from my arm and I almost break down in tears because of my frustration.

How can he not see that I need this?

I need to do this for myself. I need to do this for Prim. I need to do this for everyone that he hurt, including Willow. This is my chance to end things and all issues related to him, and he just states that I can't do it?

Fuck him.

He stares at my face and sighs, to which I show no emotion. He reaches out to brush a piece of hair out of my eyes, but I move out of the way, tucking it myself.

"Katniss." He starts sternly, but I just glare at him. "You're making a rash decision, and it's going to come crashing down on you, darling."

"I need to do this, Peeta." I say, my voice breaking slightly. His eyes soften once he hears my voice.

"I know you feel like you have to, but this will just cause you so much pain, love." He remarks, crossing his arms and leaning on the wall. "Killing your childhood best friend? That's only going to send you into a spiral of grief, and I know you don't think so, but I know you still care about the man he once was."

I don't say anything, and he keeps the same sympathetic look on his face, which is slightly comforting.

"Caring for that man is completely okay. I don't want you to think it's not." He starts stepping away from the wall and towards me. "But you won't stop caring for him just because he's dead. And you won't stop feeling pain or grief if you're the one who causes that death."

"Then what am I supposed to do?" I exhale, letting my wall come down and a few tears slip out. "I can't just step aside while this is happening." 

"We'll figure it out." He says, cupping my face in his hands and wiping the tears off my cheeks. "He was just caught, Katniss. You don't have to know everything at once. Give it time."

"But," I start but he hushes me.
"Katniss, it's okay." He says softly. "You're okay."

I look up at him and nod my head, to which he pulls me into his arms. He continues comforting me, and I feel somewhat guilty about snapping at him. But I know he's right, and even if I can't see it now, I know it's for the better.

"You need to rest." He says, pushing back all of the hair off my face. "I know you're exhausted and you aren't giving a speech like this, darling."

I let go of him and he guides me with a hand on my lower back towards our room.

Once we get there, he shuts off the lights and closes the curtains. I sit down in bed, waiting for him, but he stays standing. I give him a look and he crooks his head slightly.

"You want me to stay?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Always." I admit, and he flashes a short smile before laying down next to me.

I place my head on his chest, and he keeps me close by putting his hand on my shoulder and brushing small circles into it.

I know he loves me. I wish I appreciated it more.

"Katniss," he says, breaking the silence. "When you stormed out of the room, I'm quite sure I saw Willow and Flynn kissing."

I start laughing and I turn to look at him, who's smiling softly. "I could've saw that one coming."

"I can't tell whether or not I want to slit his throat for touching her, or celebrate." He says, and I can tell he's joking.

I smile before readjusting to where I was before, and he continues the circles on my shoulder.

Maybe I don't need to kill him. Maybe I'm content with life how it is.

_

*Willow's POV*

His lips meet mine passionately, and I kiss him back. He leans into my body, running his hands up my waist. They meet my jaw, and he holds me there. His tongue urges my mouth open while he's bringing me even closer to him, and I have this feeling in my stomach. This hunger, that I crave.

Suddenly, I hear a door slam at the end of the hallway. My parents. I pull back quickly, realizing we are standing in the hallway, and my eyes widen.

Flynn starts laughing, and he quickly pulls me into my room. He closes the door just as I see my mom reach the end of the hallway we were just in.

"That was too close." I let out, hushing him to stop laughing.

He shrugs his shoulders and makes his way back to me, pulling me back in and meeting my lips.

"What if she walks in here?" I pull away after a short kiss, and I look up at his very green eyes.

"Willow," he says while pressing his lips against mine. "I've waited too long to kiss you, and now that I have, I'm not going to stop."

I feel my cheeks redden, and he smiles against my lips. I pull away to catch a breath, but he pulls me right back in, gliding his tongue in and out of my mouth, also lining my lips. His hands sneak down to my thighs and he lifts me off the ground. I wrap my legs around his torso, and he walks until my back hits the wall. He gently takes my arms and lifts them above my head.

"Flynn—" I let out against his lips.

He removes his lips, and then places them back on my neck, kissing and softly sucking on my skin. I breathe out shakily as he does this, and he keeps his hand holding up mine.

"You're so beautiful, Willow." He says in between kisses, and I arch my back slightly as he bites harder.

He removes his hand from holding my arms up, and takes me off the wall. He returns to my lips, and he stands holding me up.

"Are you sure I'm not too heavy?" I ask, pulling away to look at him. He reaches up to brush a strand on my hair out of my face while smiling.

"I bench double your weight, sweetheart." He says, leaning in to kiss my jaw.

I smile softly, and his hands sneak up my thighs and towards my waist.

"Is it alright if I lay you on the bed?" He asks against my skin.

I nod my head, and I'm slowly placed down. He puts a pillow under my head, and then leans on top of me. His body meets mine, and our lips are heated. He pulls away for a moment, and looks at me.

"Are you okay with me taking off your sweater?" He asks softly, and I nod my head.

He waits for a moment, and I pull him back to my lips to confirm my answer. He picks his head up from my lips and begins to take my sweater off. He lifts it over my head, and then meets my neck again, slowly creeping down.

He kisses along my bra strap and shoulder, and then down to the edge of the bra. He makes his way down to my torso, and slowly licks a trail along the edge of my waist, causing me to arch my back. He plants a kiss here and there, and the cool air in my room dances along the wet path.

"Flynn," I let out, trying to drag him back up towards my lips by his shirt.

His face moves back towards mine and I slowly inch his shirt upwards, urging him to remove the piece of clothing. He smiles once more against my lips, and then quickly pulls away to take his shirt off. His skin is on fire, and every time it meets mine, I feel like it burns me.

Suddenly, I freeze.

All my thoughts, the hunger I felt, and any needs leave my body and a feeling of nervousness floods my body.

As his lips suck on my neck, I get this fear that paralyzes me. I remember back to when Gale was touching me. A tear escapes down my cheek, and Flynn notices.

"Woah, woah, woah." He says pulling away. He takes my face in his hands and uses his thumb to wipe the tear away. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" I shake my head, and he raises his eyebrows slightly.

"I—I don't know." I admit, and he leans on one of his elbows above me, gently caressing my cheek. "I just got a flashback from when Gale—and I—I can't—"

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to do, love." He says softly. "It's okay to not want to do anything, and it's important you communicate that. I'm glad you did, Lo."

"I don't want to mess this up." My voice breaks, and a few more tears ricochet down my face.

He wipes my tears again, and then sits up to grab my sweater. He softly takes my arms and strings them through the sleeves, and then gently over my head. He pulls my hair out from under the sweater's neckline, and then lies my head back down.

He leans backs down on his elbow, and he just watches me. My eyes line with water, and he watches as they overflow.

"I'm sorry, Flynn." I say in between tears.

He leans up to me and plants a kiss on my forehead before pulling me into him. I start crying into his chest, and he holds me tightly while comforting me.

"There is nothing to be sorry about." He hushes me. "You didn't mess anything up, darling. I'm so proud of you for saying you didn't want anymore. Consent is so important, and you always need to voice your opinion on anything you're doing."

I nod my head against his chest, and he continues moving his hand back and forth against my arm. The tears stop falling down my face, and his skin warms me. If I'm being honest, I feel like I could lay here forevermore.

I peer up at him, and he looks back down at me with a smile.

"You have really pretty eyes." He says, moving the hair away from them. "I don't think I've seen anything like them."

"Odette's are pretty, and so are Eloise's, I mean—they basically sparkle in the light." I look back down and begin fumbling with my hands.

He lifts my chin to his face with his hand, and gives me a look.

"I don't remember talking about their eyes." He states. I pull away from him and I look back at my hands. "Why do you do this?"

"Do what?" I ask, keeping my eyes down.
"Act like you aren't the most beautiful person I've ever seen." He begins to fumble with my hair, twisting and curling it around his finger.

"Because I'm not," I remark quietly. He scoffs at me, and then playfully yanks my hair so I'll look up at him.

"You truly are stubborn, sweetheart." He lets out, and I watch as he concentrates on my hair. "I wouldn't have kissed either of them the way I kissed you."

And that's when my cheeks redden.

I don't know why his words have such a great control over me, but they do. It's like they're so perfect that it haunts me. I don't even want to imagine the stuff he's said to Odette or Eloise, because I know it'll just break my heart. I don't trust him to treat me like this when I know how pretty and talented his friends are.

"Willow," he says while staring at me. I look up at him and he gives me a look. "I called your name three times, Lo."

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking." I remark, while casting my eyes down. He gently grabs my chin again, forcing me to look at him.

"Why do you keep looking away from me?" He says, keeping my chin in his hand. I shrug my shoulders as a response, and he finally drops the subject.

"I think you should cover those up before you go down to dinner." He says, suppressing a laugh. He runs his fingers along my neck, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I ask, while getting up to look in the mirror.

I look in the reflection and see that I have red and purple marks all over my neck, and they are huge. I turn back around to see Flynn laughing on my bed.

"Flynn!" I exclaim, walking into the bathroom adjacent to my bed. "Why did you give me so many hickeys?"

"Because you taste good." He remarks, and I glare at him. I take a closer look at my neck in the mirror, and I notice tiny-bite marks.

"How am I supposed to cover your bite marks?" I ask, throwing my arms up. I walk out of the bathroom and he starts putting his shirt back on.

"Sounds like a you problem." He smirks at me and then walks towards me.

He brings my face up to his and kisses me on the lips before he turns around and walks out the door.

"Asshole." I yell at him. He smiles at me before closing the door behind him and leaving me alone.

This will be fun.

_

*Katniss's POV*

I sit beside Peeta at the large table the mansion staff has set up for us, and I look over at Haymitch, who's leaned back in his chair and making his way through his third drink. He arrived like an hour ago, and I'm sort-of impressed that he's drank 3 huge glasses in an hour.

"Mama," Rye says, sitting across from me. "When are Willow and Flynn getting down here?"
"I'm not sure, darling." I say softly. "Soon."

He rolls his eyes, and I fight the urge to laugh. I look down at my lap, and I begin to fumble with my rings. Peeta notices me playing with them, and he grabs my wrist to bring my hand towards him. I jerk back, and I feel this pain shoot through my arm.

"Did you—" he starts, but I shake my head quickly.
"No, I haven't." I say pulling my sleeve up to prove that there's no slits in my wrist. "Must've just been a bruise there or something." I watch as he looks at me, and I turn away from him.

Time passes slowly for some odd reason, and I watch Rye create some sort of play in his head, using the utensils on the table. I laugh at him quietly, and then out of the corner of my eye I see them walk down the stairs.

I turn to look at them, and I see them walking very far apart. I notice Willow messing with her sweater, and Flynn not even sparing her a glance.

I look over towards Peeta, and I can't help but start laughing. He starts chuckling too, and I look back towards them.

"You both are messes." I say, staring at Willow's neck. She looks over at Flynn, who's currently laughing into his hands.

Even I can use makeup to cover things better than that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.1K 1.4K 21
This is the book after, after the rebellion. If you haven't read that I suggest you do before reading this one. I do not own any of the characters a...
28.7K 408 36
This is a story about Everlark. Here is my own interpretation of how Peeta and Katniss realistically rekindle after Mockingjay Part 2, but with a twi...
432K 9.8K 58
5 years after the rebellion, Katniss and Peeta are together and living in district 12. They are both happy although Peeta still has flashbacks and Ka...
806 37 20
What if the famous Mockingjay from the hunger games never killed President coin and killed Snow instead. Katniss Everdeen is married to Peeta Mellla...