The Worldbreaker's Symphony

Von Blushieeeeeeeeee

The cover is not mine, the artist is @PoPonnPoPoOOZ "So, Timeline Fuckery?" "Yes, Timeline Fucketh" A story i... Mehr

Reincarnation
Cave of Beginnings
Cave Massacre
Outside World
Devourer meets Devourer
The Fire Lord
Slime vs Elemental Lord
Former Conqueror of Flames
Village Developments
Ogre Village Incident
Dryad Domain
Plan in Action
Seperation/Decisions
Haruto's Bizarre Adventure
Shadows Diary
Elder Brother... Sort of
Queen of Flames
A Month Prior
Sealing off the Hatred
A bit of a small peak to the next chapter :>
Aftermath
Kidnapping
An Old Meeting
Escape
Light vs Darkness
Foreign Invaders (P/1)
The Army of Falmuth (P/2)
Birth of the Third Demon Lord (P/Finale)
The World Meeting
The Ice Empress (P/1)
Confrontation between Chaotic Beings (P/Finale)
Developments in the Future Country of Storms (P/1)
Orc Problem, Two Old Friends (P/2)
Lizardmen Arrival (P/3)
Random fun facts about the story
The Great Jura Alliance (P/4)
Smol announcement
The Great Jura Alliance (P/5)
Meetings across the Globe (P/5.5)
Country of Storms (P/Finale)
Vampires past
The Ruler of Skies (P/1)
Tempest vs Charybdis (P/2)
Demon Lord vs Ruler of Skies (P/Finale)
The Eldest Primordial Dragon
Two Idiots, Masters settle it immediately
Random Poll
Ruberious Expansion Arc (P/1)
Holy Church (P/2)
A Stroll around Ruberious (P/4)
Half a Century Rematch (P/5)
Demon Queen (P/Finale)
Country of Storms vs Holy Empire, Begin! (P/1)
Ruberious Domination.1 (P/2)
Trouble Brewing (P/3)
Windless Squall (P/4)
Chaos: Begin (P/5)
The King Arrives, Chaos Continues. (P/6)

A Saint and a Dragon Lord (P/3)

397 18 16
Von Blushieeeeeeeeee

(I forgor to publish for like one and a half hour after finishing it, silly me.)

Ruberious
Akiko's House
Nighttime

Akiko's House, despite being one of the Ten Great Saints, was relatively simple when compared to the other houses in Ruberious. It was a simple house made far away from the bustling city of Ruberious, made out of wood with a small garden Infront of it.

The interior wasn't much fancy either, it was like any other normal house. A kitchen with stove and a sink, a hall, a dining room with two sofas and a table, a bedroom with a single chair and table completed with a small bed, a restroom, and a small exterior to the back of the house where a small shed was built.

The House would usually be lighted by candles, but Incase of Visitors Akiko had built a special method to light up the house. The house has lightbulbs attached at specific points on the ceiling which are powered on by Holy Magic, so all Akiko would have to do is use a little bit of Holy Magic to keep the light bulb running for hours. Ofcourse, this was only on the occasion he had visitors, otherwise he would just use the candles.

In addition, he had a few paintings attached to the walls too. They were paintings depicting something terrifying yet scarily beautiful. Angels descending down on the Earth with weapons wielded in their hands as they striked and destroyed the World. These paintings were drawn by Akiko himself. Akiko, when not being an absolute devout to God, would spend his time drawing and improving his art skills. It was one of his hobbies.

Sheeeeesh, didn't know you were aware of the Tenma War~ [Akimitsu]

Why would I not be aware of it, it is a pretty scary event. [Akiko]

Akimitsu was just examining the paintings on the walls, intrigued by the many depictions of the Tenma War. A war where angels from the Heavens descended upon Mankind every 500 years and wrecked destruction, essentially a way to reset civilization so it doesn't advance too much... Although, there was something wrong with it ever since the last Tenma War.

Akimitsu wondered who told Akiko about the Tenma War, it was probably Hinata if he had to guess. That Woman was pretty hell-bent on preparing for the inevitable, only to be met with nothing up until now.

(It's been nearly a thousand years since the Last Tenma, why hasn't it happened yet?) [Akimitsu]

These paintings reminded Akimitsu of the Tenma War and the fact it hasn't occured yet, despite the fact almost ten centuries had already passed.

He shrugged, nothing to be too worked up on. The Angels are probably just taking a nap from their jobs because they got tired of it, that was probably the reason.

Tick.

Akiko grabbed the kettle and began pouring the water into two cups that had cured and fresh leaves in them.

Akimitsu spoke from the other room, loud enough for Akiko to hear him.

Camellia Sinensis, correct? [Akimitsu]

Correct, it is a species of evergreen shrub and small tree. Its leaves, leaf buds, and stems can be used to produce tea. [Akiko]

A leaf commonly used to produce Tea, native to the Lands of Ruberious and usually sold as a common product in the shops of the Country.

Akiko had prepared Green Tea for the both of them, placing the cups on a small tray before heading to the Dining room. Akimitsu was already seated on one of the Sofas, he took a seat right after he heard the tick sound. Akiko placed the tray on the table, before taking a seat himself.

How's life been going?~ [Akimitsu]

It's been fine, being one of the remaining two Saints is usually tiring because of how many assignments we get. The fact we haven't been able to find anyone worthy to join the Ten Great Saints in decades just puts more burden on me and Hinata. [Akiko]

Akiko sighed before taking a sip from his tea, remembering how the Seven Days Clergy would make him and Hinata work until they just didn't care anymore. As Saints, they did not tire out physically, but they could still tire out mentally.

Their assignments would usually consist of paperwork, dealing with monsters that the normal foot soldiers couldn't deal with and just patrolling around the Country. They were assigned half of area of the country to patrol and keep in check Incase the regular patrols missed anything.

Initially, since it was the Ten Great Saints, we would divide the land needed to patrol to about one tenth on each person... However, due to losing the remaining Saints, Hinata and I have to divide the land into half. It is a pain... [Akiko]

As the Ten Great Saints had been lost, Akiko and Hinata would be the only ones attending any meeting that required the presence of the Ten Great Saints.

In addition, their workload had increased by five times ever since the deaths of the former Saints. As such, they were always busy during the day and would only get a small amount of time to rest during the night.

Hinata would go back to her house and take a rest, or just sit on one of her chairs and stare at the wall until it turned morning. Very rarely would she train to get stronger as living for over a century has caused her mindset to change somewhat.

Akiko was more or less the same. He'd either come back to his House, or he would go to his Church which he owned and pray there for the whole night. Even if he personally knew that Luminous was also a Monster, he couldn't stop himself from worshipping her. In his eyes, she is a being worthy to be called God and deserves the worship she gets.

You both have it rough eh? A pity, but it is to be expected since you're Saints. Everyone would naturally have high expectations for you and put you through more labour.~ [Akimitsu]

Akimitsu joked at the end, earning a small chuckle from Akiko. He took his own tea and took a sip from it, giving a slight "mm" sound at the end due to the taste.

It tastes nice, haven't drank anything like this in a while. [Akimitsu]

That is because the leaves I used were a bit special. They are biologically engineered to have a better taste in return for smaller yield, a benefit in return for a detriment. It cost a pretty penny since it's still a recent discovery, but it hardly laid a dent on my paycheck. [Akiko]

Over the course of decades, Ruberious had begun to expand its technology. Initially, the research department was holding back from developing too much so the Angels wouldn't target them. However, as the Tenma War has seemingly stopped occuring for no reason, they decided to go full throttle with their research.

As such, Ruberious has begun to expand their horizons and made new discoveries that were unseen before. One of these was biologically engineering different plants and altering their composition for different results and effects. However, as they aren't too developed right now, they cannot produce perfect results and seemingly need to sacrifice something in return for something.

Well, I believe you didn't come here to talk about tea. What have you come here to tell me about, Akimitsu? [Akimitsu]

Always do tense man, I really just came here to say hello.~ It's been two decades since we last met! [Akimitsu]

Akimitsu exclaimed at the end, the fact Akiko was so serious even in times of peace despite his calm attitude sort of ticked him off. He really needed to loosen his screws a little and learn to relax sometimes.

In truth, however, Akimitsu just didn't want to drop the bomb onto Akiko yet. He wanted to relax, get to know Akiko better ever since they last met and then tell him what he came for.

Ah, forgive me for my impudence. I was merely curious. [Akiko]

If you want forgiveness, you should ask Lumi-chan for that.~ [Akimitsu]

Akimitsu would rarely call Luminous "Lumi-chan" Infront of anyone else, mainly because it would ruin her reputation to some degree and the possibility of it accidentally leaking could cause everyone to know the real identity of their God.

It only went to show how much Akimitsu trusted Akiko, calling the God of Ruberious so causally Infront of one of her most devoted followers.

I do not know how to answer that... [Akiko]

Hahahaha! [Akimitsu]

Akiko replied with a conflicted expression, he remembers that Akimitsu used to call the one he worships Lumi-chan sometimes. It was weird to hear his God be spoken about in such a casual tone.

Akimitsu laughed in response to Akikos conflicted reply, finding the reaction of the Saint amusing to say the least.

Well, in any case, it's good to see you again after two decades. It may not be long for me, but for a Human like you it's a pretty large time period. [Akimitsu]

Akimitsu stopped laughing, smiling as he said his next words. Akiko used to be his student back then, back when Akimitsu had chosen to train Akiko personally. Even Akiko didn't know the reason behind why Akimitsu decided to train him, and up until now Akimitsu hadn't revealed why he wanted to train Akiko.

Akimitsu could sense Akikos power had risen. Last time when he trained Akiko, Akiko was a Saint. Even now, Akiko was still a Saint, and there was barely any difference in Existence Value. However, Akimitsu could tell Akiko had vastly improved in practically everything. Battle experience, magic control, and overall physical stats.

Not really. When you possess immortality by age, time tends to become duller and harder to notice. A curse and a blessing at the same time. [Akiko]

Akiko bore a neutral expression as he recalled when he found out being a Saint meant to live forever. It made him rather conflicted, mainly because of his natural instincts as a Human. As Humans have limited lifespans, it is in their instincts to progress and achieve as much as possible and make full use of their potential before they wither away.

Having that taken away by simply evolving a step furthur into the Human evolutionary line, would certainly give birth to a feeling of uneasiness and conflict.

Oh well, in the end, it was my choice to become a Saint. If it is for the good of the people and the generations to come, then obtaining immortality is a fair price to pay. [Akiko]

As time would pass, Akiko would realize the immense burden one holds when they cannot age anymore. They do not require sustenance anymore, for their body can no longer age or progress.

The burden of seeing those they held close relations with die of old age as they remain youthful is yet another curse. The feelings they hold onto as humans become duller and harder to maintain, drifting away from their minds as they continue to exist.

That is the price of Immortality, one that many do not realize.

For the "people"? [Akimitsu]

Akimitsu asked with a raised eyebrow. Akiko had used the term "people", not "humans".

Akiko raised his head, looking at Akimitsu as he finished his tea.

Demi-humans, Monsters and Humans. [Akiko]

Akiko said with the resolve of steel, his eyes held determination as he spoke his next sentence.

Monsters and Demi-humans, in the end, are no different then Humans. They are born, they live and they die. [Akiko]

The Church refused to view anything other than Humans as "pure beings", denying the existence of other species such as Dwarves, Elves, etc as pure and labeling them as monsters in their doctrine.

Even if these Monsters think the same way, even if these Monsters progress in the same way, they simply refuse to acknowledge them due to the pride they hold as Humans.

Hoh? Could you elaborate a bit more, Akiko.~ [Akimitsu]

Akimitsu was intrigued by Akikos words, amused at the man's resolve.

To deny the fact Monsters and Humans aren't pure beings, to label these Monsters on the same level as Humans, meant to go against everything the Church's doctrine states. It is, essentially, the equivalent of declaring treason.

Monsters are born with the same instinct as Humans. They live, they progress and adapt, they love and hate, they heal and die. To deny these from the Monsters, to refuse acknowledgement of these traits, makes us humans hypocrites. [Akiko]

In truth, the Doctrine had only been established inorder to unite the people of Ruberious against the proxy Demon Lord that had been set up as the Church's enemy. This doctrine further developed to not only antagonize the Demon Lord, but also despise and loathe all monsters in general.

I made a prayer to myself, a prayer to never lose sight of the bigger picture. I used to be naive, believing monsters are the source of all Human problems... But now I am aware. The ones who were destroying humanity weren't the monsters, but Humans themselves. [Akiko]

This was Akikos resolve.

He wished for the salvation of not only Humans, but also Monsters. A world where Monsters and Humans could live in peace, a world where Humans and Monsters do no have to despise eachother. A world without suffering or desperation for either side. A perfect and peaceful world that lasts for all eternity.

Man, one hell of a goal. [Akimitsu]

He chuckled to himself, it is a foolish and naive thought to believe you can eliminate all negativity. For aslong as anything exists, even for a slight second, concepts such as war, hatred, destruction, chaos and many more will always exist.

Well, in any case, I'll wish you the best of luck. [Akimitsu]

Although Akimitsu said it so casually, deep down he had given his "luck" a bit half heartedly. He didn't believe eternal peace could be established. Perhaps temporary peace, but even that in itself was impossible due to nature of Humans and Monsters.

I'm thankful. [Akiko]

Akiko didn't notice that Akimitsu wished him luck half heartedly, expressing his gratitude with a small bow. It was a warm feeling, knowing someone was hoping for the best for you.

Oh. [Akiko]

The lightbulb went dim, no longer providing and luminesce to the room. Akiko wondered if three hours had already passed by so quickly, sighing to himself as he remembered how time passes so quickly when talking to someone.

Sorry about- [Akiko]

He extended his palm, creating a weak amount of Holy Magic before firing it at the light bulb. The light bulb immediately lit up, brightening the room once more.

That... [Akiko]

He couldn't find Akimitsu when he turned around, the man was gone for the split seconds the light bulb had stopped giving out it's light.

An envelope was left on the table, holding a letter inside of it.

So you did come here to tell me something... [Akiko]

Akiko sighed as he grabbed the letter, he found it difficult to lie with almost no hesitation. It always shocked him how one could lie so easily without a hint of fear.

He opened the envelope and pulled out the letter, extending it so he can read its contents. It was written quite fancy, decorated flamboyantly with a golden color.

There were only a few words written on the letter, which Akiko read out with low volume.

The words sank into his head, taking some time to digest.

Eh? [Akiko]

Akimitsu had invited him alongside a few others for a small stroll around the country.

_____________________________________________

Just a Saint and a Dragon Lord talking with eachother, nothing much.

Next Chapter: A stroll through Ruberious. (P/4)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

25.6K 637 12
That time I got reincarnated as a slime and In another world with my smartphone cross over. [Note:This is only an experimental Fan fiction so Don't E...
41.1K 1.2K 21
Veldanava have another child and that is our lovable Rimuru Yup this is a remake since I'm not satisfied with the original This will be more wild and...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...