Book 1: Sakura Heart (Kiba Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

12 year old Sakuya Fujikami is a young ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. She originally came from he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Author's Note
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Author's Note
Chapter 69
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 1
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 2
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 3
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 4
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Naruto The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom Part 1
Naruto The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom Part 2

Chapter 36

75 0 0
By Silver-Tigress

Sakuya's P. O. V:

Gaara says lowly, "I don't know what you think you're planning right now, but this match is over for you."

Gaara narrows his sea green eyes as Lee says in agreement, "You are right. It is over... one way or another!" More power is emitted from Lee. "I am not going to be the only one to lose here! Gai Sensei... please let this work! It is now or never!" When Lee throws his arms down, his skin is now red and eyes completely white. "The third gate, the Gate of Life... Open!!"

I say, "His whole body's changing!" Temari gasps.

Naruto says, "He's turning red!"

Lee's body glows green as he emits more power, blue chakra swirling around him.

Kankuro asks, "What's it mean?! What's happening?!"

Kakashi says, "He's opened the third gate, the Gate of Life! Now he'll attack." He narrows his eyes.

"Oh, no. Not yet," Says Guy, causing Kakashi to turn to him.

Veins appear on his forehead as Lee opens the fourth gate.

Kakashi says in astonishment, "Incredible! No one can do that through sheer effort alone. The boy's truly a genius!"

Lee gives a cry of exertion before taking off at such speed that the ground tears up after him, making Gaara gasp.

Lee appears before Gaara and slugs his jaw with a kick that sends him sailing upward. We cry out and throw up our arms to shield us from the huge torrent of debris filled wind caused by that one kick.

"He's faster than ever!" Kakashi gasps.

When the dust clears, Kankuro exclaims worriedly as Naruto gasps, looking around frantically for the redhead, "Gaara!"

"Where'd they go?!"

I look up just as Shikamaru does and we both exclaim, "Up there!!"

Gaara's sand armor behind to crack as Ino says, "There's Gaara but what happened to Lee?!"

"He's just... gone!" Says Choji. Guy smiles.

The sand goes to catch Gaara but it's not moving fast enough. Gaara's armor cracks again.

"Hiding behind that sand armor again, eh?!" Says Lee as he charges for the Sand Genin. "Well, we will see about that!!"

Lee reappears above Gaara and kicks him back to the floor. Lee flashes behind Gaara and kicks him back to the ceiling. Lee reappears beside the redhead before pelting him around the arena like a pinball machine.

The assult goes on for a few more seconds. As Gaara falls towards the earth, Lee says, "You are a tough one!" He sends Gaara back up with a kick. Lee lands before launching back to the ceiling and kicking off from it, towards Gaara. "Try this!!" Lee clenches his left fist, but his arm is trembling violently.

I gasp worriedly as Kakashi notes, "His muscles add tearing themselves apart!" Neji also has his Byakugan activated to examine Lee. Gaara gasps as Lee looms above him.

"One more, and we are finished!!"

Gaara raises his arms to defend himself but the sand still couldn't keep up. As he nears the redhead, Lee looks towards Neji, before continuing towards his opponent. Lee suddenly disappears and slugs Gaara in the stomach with a punch that makes him cry out as he's thrown towards the earth.

However, Gaara is stopped short by Lee taking a hold of the white sash toed around Gaara's waist. Lee gives a cry of exertion as he pulls Gaara towards him.

"HIDDEN LOTUS!!" Lee slams his right palm and foot against the Sand Genin, causing an explosion that sends up another dust cloud and shockwave. We throw up our arms to defend ourselves with as Shiori covers her face with her paws.

Lee gives a cry of pain. There's a couple of cracks and we look to see the gourde on Gaara's back breaking down and turning into sand. Both opponents hit the ground and Lee rolls out from where Gaara landed.

Naruto cheers, "Unbelievable! He did it!"

"Gaara!" Kankuro exclaims worriedly, hands slapping on the railing.

I ask, "Is it over?"

As the dust clears, Ino wonders, "What's that? Down there?"

When the dust fully clears, we see Gaara trembling on the ground in pain, but having had his fall been cushioned by the sand. Gaara stretches out his right hand.

Lee gets to his feet and my heart pounds against my ribs as I see the sand morph into a hand towards him.

Gaara... he's really going to kill him...!

Lee tries to dodge but collapses.

I shout, slamming my palms on the railing, "STOP THE MATCH!! FOR GOD'S SAKE, HAYATE! STOP THE MATCH, OR HE'S GOING TO KILL LEE!!" I ignore everyone staring at me with dumbstruck expressions as I could only stare at the sand racing towards the struggling Leaf ninja. More fear pounds in my heart as the sand latches onto Lee's left leg and arm.

"HAYATE!!" I scream just as Gaara does his Jutsu, closing his fist.

"Sand Coffin!" My eyes dilate and I let out a sharp gasp of fear as Lee gives a cry of agony as the sand crushes his limbs.

Lee collapses and skids back.

The sand releases Lee's arm and leg before it races back towards the unconscious Genin as Gaara growls, "Now you die!!"

I swear aloud, "NO, YOU DON'T!!" I use my enhanced speed to disappear from my spot beside Naruto, so fast that it creates a gust of wind that tosses his and Kankuro's clothes. As I zoom for the sand, I do hand signs.

"Earth Style: Earth Control Jutsu!"

I appear in front of the sand just as Guy does and I throw my arms up, stopping the wall of sand, just as Guy swings a kick through it and lands right beside me.

Gaara sits up in shock as the sand disperses. I glare warningly at the red haired Genin, my lip pulled back from my teeth in a snarl.

Gaara stares at us in anger until he suddenly gasps, as though in surprise.

Suddenly, Gaara slumps forwards as he clutches his head, as though he's having a migraine. Gaara demands, "But why?! He failed...!" Both hands now clutching his head, Gaara turns to face Guy and I. "Why save him?!"

"Because he's.... Because he's..." Guy trails off as he glances back at Lee, before looking back at Gaara. "... He's my student. And also because he is precious to me."

Gaara grunts, but he looks confused, as though he doesn't quite understand.

Temari reiterates, "He's "precious" to him? A student?"

Gaara climbs to his feet and the gourde begins to repair itself as he turns and starts making his way back to his team, Homura running up to me.

"I quit," Says Gaara as I disperse my Jutsu. I gape at him in confusion.

Sakura says in confusion, "He, what? He "quits?""

"But it's too late for Lee," Says Kakashi. "He lost the match the minute Guy and Sakuya intervened."

Hayate raises his hand to announce, "The winner is... huh?!" We all gasp and turn to where he's looking; at Lee

Guy turns his head more slowly, teeth clenched, to see his stundent standing, albeit on wobbly and broken legs, inside my dome, looking ready to fight again, blood dripping down his left arm and leg.

"It can't be...!" Guy gasps. Lee trembles violently from the agony as he forces himself to keep standing. He runs up to Lee. Gaara turns to face the ravenette fully. Guy speaks in a gentle tone as he places his hand on Lee's shoulder. "No, Lee. It's alright. It's all over now! Anyway, you're in no condition to..." Guy gasps as tears leak down his face. "Lee... oh, Lee! What have I done?!" The look in Lee's eyes is void, dull, as though he were standing only out of sheer willpower. "Look at you! Not even conscious, and still determined to show the world what you can do."

Kakashi says as he lowers his headband again, "He's out cold. Nothing keeping him up but sheer willpower.

Sobbing, Guy says, closing his eyes, "Lee... you've already proven it." He then pulls his student against him in a hug, and Lee's own eyes droop close. "You are a splendid ninja."

Hayate states as he holds out his hand, "The winner is... Gaara."

I notice Gaara glaring icily at the Sensei and student. I meet his eyes and give him a stern look, unhappy with what he'd just done. Gaara gasps as he flinches at my look, though I don't think it's out of fear.

Sakura gasps as she hops on the rail to jump down, "Lee...!"

"Sakura," Kakashi says sternly, stopping her. "There is nothing you can do for him right now." She looks down sadly. "There are times when sympathetic words only make things worse."

Sakura remains where she is.

Temari huffs, smirking, "Hmph. I knew he couldn't beat Gaara."

As Gaara continues walking away, Naruto jumps down and runs over to Lee as I whip around to him. I was going to talk to Gaara about this when I get a chance later.

The Sand user heads towards the stairs leading to his team. Naruto and Gaara pass by each other as he does.

Hayate was saying as Naruto and I rush over, the medics as well, "Hurry. This boy needs attention!"

Naruto gasps, "Bushy Brow!"

The medics are probing Lee to examine the extent of his injuries.

My eyes were wide and wavering as I watch, hoping it's not as bad as it looks.

When the medics finish, they exchange low words about Lee's condition. A medic gasps in shock before meeting Guy's gaze.

"You're his Sensei, aren't you?"

"Yes? What is it?"

The man gets up and says, "Will you come with me?" He walks away as the other medics carefully place Lee on the stretcher.

Naruto and I step up toward Lee and Homura meows sadly.

"Lee's breathing is faint, but steady. There are bone fractures and muscle tears throughout his body. He's facing a long and difficult rehabilitation. But I'm afraid that's not the worst of it. His left arm and leg in particular have suffered massive damage. I'm sorry. I know how much it means to you both. He'll never fight again. I'm afraid his days as a shinobi are over."

Guy, Naruto and I gasp.

The man in white gives Guy a sympathetic glance before he turns and goes to the medics.

Naruto whispers as the medics lift up the stretcher, "No... he's wrong... he's wrong...! It can't be true!"

I say in a broken whisper, my own pink eyes wet, "I wish he was, Naruto-kun."

Guy goes over and sobs, "Lee..."

The medics leave to tend to Lee's wounds,

Guy cries, "Oh, forgive me! Lee!"

"It's not true! It can't be true! Easy for you to say it's over! What about Bushy Brow?! What's he supposed to do now?!" Naruto screams after the medics. "Failure...?! I thought you said we could win?! I thought you said you were going to show how a failure can...! It was all a lie, wasn't it?!"

He's stopped by Kakashi who wraps his arms around him. "That's enough, Naruto."

There's a slap as Naruto protests, "But, Sensei! It isn't fair! All he ever wanted was to prove himself against Sasuke and Neji."

"And maybe that's what led to his downfall." Naruto gasps. Kakashi continues in a gentle yet firm tone. "He was so fixated on that goal, he sacrificed his body, his future, to obtain it. And now that goal is unobtainable." Naruto sniffles. "But you're wrong about one thing, Naruto; it wasn't just Sasuke and Neji he was thinking of. It was you, too. That's right. He risked everything just for the hope of meeting you in combat. Remember that." There's a short pause. "Be worthy of his sacrifice."

My eyes were tearing up at Kakashi's words, at the possibility of Lee never being able to fight again.

I turn back to rejoin my teammates on the balcony, feeling my heart is about to break for Guy and Lee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 443 107
12 year old Kasumi Miyamoto, like many in this ninja world, lost everything when she was 5 years old. At the age of 12, Kasumi was found outside the...
6.8K 120 36
Hello there and welcome to my first story! In the Hidden Leaf Village there lived a boy, Taiyo Shinjuka, an orphan who lost his parents at a young ag...
4.1K 148 6
Kakashi was thrusted into fatherhood unexpectedly from a drunken (and frankly depressing) night. Now, he has to fight to chase his demons away to giv...
20.5K 369 37
Naruto and his twin sister Kazumi, are the one of the last Uzumaki and Namikaze's left. Sasuke, is a different story. He doesn't want to seek reveng...