Withering moon lit rose

By Anzu1103

Ryuunosuke Akutagawa was spending the early evening with his sister Gin in their shared apartment. Ryuunosuke... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's note
Extra 1
Extra 1.2
Extra 2
Extra 2.2
Extra 2.3
Extra 2.4
Extra 2.5
Extra 2.6
Extra 2.7
Extra 2.8
Extra 2.9
The wedding - part 1
The wedding - Part 3
Author's final words

The wedding - part 2

237 8 2
By Anzu1103

"Atsushi calm down, I can see your tiger ears." Dazai was currently in Atsushi's hotel room trying to calm his mentee before he'd end up completely transforming due to panic.

"You can see my ears!" Atsushi exclaimed before running over to the mirror, he tried flattening them down and after a while they disappeared. However when Dazai looked at him facing the mirror he could now see a tiger tail poking out of his untucked shirt.

He slowly walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder nullifying any aspects of the tiger.

"Atsushi, you don't need to worry. Everything is going to be fine. Now let's get you fixed up before your soon to be husband kills me for making you run late." Dazai gave a laugh at his own joke which Atsushi laughed along with. But Dazai knew Akutagawa would kill him in a heartbeat if he really did do anything to ruin this wedding.

~

"Ryuunosuke, are you ready?" Chuuya questioned as he'd left his mentee to get changed on his own. He rounded the corner to see Akutagawa struggling to sort the buttons on his waistcoat. Chuuya gave an exasperated sigh and went over to assist him.

"To say that you're twenty four and can't dress yourself is slightly concerning." Chuuya joked as Akutagawa rested his head on his shoulder.

"I'm a mess aren't I?" He questioned with a muffled voice.

"Yes, a total disaster." Chuuya responded in a light hearted tone.

"What!?" Akutagawa responded, he hadn't expected his mentor to actually agree with him. Chuuya laughed at his extreme reaction and patted him on the shoulder.

"But you're the exact disaster your soon to be husband fell for." Akutagawa sighed in relief, just his mentor's usual jokes.

"Now let's get you downstairs, I'm sure the ceremony is going to start soon." Akutagawa nodded in agreement and quickly threw on his jacket while he made his way to the lift with Chuuya leading. At this point Chuuya received a phone call.

"Hello?"

"CHUUYA!" He quickly removed the phone from his ear to prevent being deafened by Gin. He slowly put the phone back to his ear and prayed he wouldn't have his eardrums exploded. He leaned on the side of the lift a little distance away from Akutagawa so he couldn't hear properly.

"Where are you!?"

"I'm in the lift with Ryuunosuke, why?"

"I need you to stall for time, we can't find the wedding rings..." Chuuya's face paled. Of all the things that could've happened, why this?

"Okay, I can give about five, maybe ten minutes." He whispered on the phone Akutagawa started to grow worried with Chuuya whispering.

"Chuuya is everything okay?" He asked, Chuuya couldn't afford to let him find out. He'd end up an even worse wreck of nerves than he already was.

"No it's nothing, I just remembered we left something in the room. Can we head back up?" Akutagawa thought for a second then nodded. Once the lift reached the bottom the doors opened revealing Ichigo trying to calm Mirai who was a mess of tears, Chuuya swiftly blocked Akutagawa's view and made the lift quickly begin to ascend to their prior level. Once inside Chuuya's and Dazai's hotel room the ginger began to search around the room. In all honesty he was looking for a necklace Dazai had gifted him years ago, he'd originally decided he wasn't going to wear it but he needed an excuse at this given moment.

"Chuuya? What exactly are you looking for?" Akutagawa questioned conscious for time.

"A necklace Osamu gave me, I realised I'd taken it off last night and forgot to put it back on." Akutagawa nodded and began to help in the search. Chuuya knew where he'd left it, on the sink of the bathroom. But Akutagawa didn't know that.

"Chuuya I found it!" Dammit.

"Quickly give it to me and we'll leave." Akutagawa handed the necklace to Chuuya who slowly walked over to the mirror and spent multiple attempts before having it lay nicely on his neck. He really was stretching each second now.

"Great let's go." Chuuya nodded and headed with Akutagawa to the lift. However the moment they stepped inside Chuuya activated his ability which halted the lifts movement.

"What's going on?" Akutagawa questioned, Chuuya quietly sighed to himself. He'd bought them a few more minutes.

~

"Dazai I'm going to lie down for a bit until we have to leave." Dazai nodded at his mentee and watched as Atsushi quickly fell fast asleep on the bed. He shook his head in amusement, the younger could fall asleep anywhere. Just then Dazai's phone rang, it was Chuuya.

"Chibi? Is something wrong?" He questioned.

"Kinda, Ryuunosuke and I are trapped in the lift." Dazai sighed, he knew that Chuuya could get the pair of them easily out of there if he really wanted to. He then realised Chuuya had been tapping his finger against the phone, wording out a quick message for Dazai to listen to.

Rings. Gone. Gin. Search. Buy. Time.

"Okay, well hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Let me know when." The pair quickly ended the phone call, but within seconds Dazai was on the phone to Yosano.

"Where is Ranpo?" He didn't even give her a chance to say hello.

"Hello to you too. And he's with Poe somewhere, why?" Dazai quickly explained the situation to her and he could hear her begin to take off in search of the male in question.

"How long do you think we have?" Her heavy pants made it slightly hard for Yosano to speak.

"Knowing Akutagawa's patience I give you a couple of minutes before he tries to break out of the lift. Then the time it takes for him to get down the stairs, I'd give you about five minutes."

"How's that supposed to be enough time?"

"I never said we had enough time." Yosano sighed in annoyance at Dazai's usual antics. He really did irritate her sometimes. She ended the call and continued her search for Ranpo. He really had to disappear just when she needed him didn't he.

"RANPO! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" Yosano hollered, scaring some of the staff at the event. She got no response except strange looks and whispers from other guests who were staying at the hotel.

"Oh miss Aiko." Yosano heard a timid voice call out to her, when her sharp gaze turned to face him he yelped slightly in fear. It was Poe.

"You!" She yelled in anger.

"M..Me?" Poe questioned pointing at himself, Yosano stalked over to the man and pulled at his coat.

"Where the hell is your boyfriend?" Poe looked left and right before whispering, "He's asleep in his room still, your boss is trying to wake him up after he declared he was too tired for this." Yosano face palmed, not only was Ranpo asleep, which meant trying to wake him which was a near impossible job. But his room was on the seventh floor.

"You are coming with me." Yosano dragged Poe to the stairwell of the hotel.

"Don't fall behind."

A few minutes later Yosano had managed to make it to Ranpo's room, with a dying Poe following not far behind. Fukuzawa was confused by Yosano's sudden appearance but didn't question it.

"Ranpo! Glasses here! Where are the wedding rings?" Ranpo pulled himself up and looked at the woman begrudgingly.

"Why do you want to know?"

"NO TIME FOR YOUR JOKES! Just tell me this second!" Ranpo sighed in annoyance and quickly put his glasses on.

"They're in Atsushi's room." Yosano was starting to get fed up at this point, she quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket and began to call Dazai but just as the male picked up there was a loud crash.

"Was that..."

"We've run out of time." Dazai quickly added Chuuya to the call the two were on alongside Kunikida.

"Right Dazai the rings are in the room you're in."

"They're in the safe." Ranpo piped up, followed by the noise of Dazai quickly opening a safe.

"Got them. Chuuya! Window! Now!" Chuuya activated his ability and quickly lept out of the closest window after exiting the lift. He could see Dazai half leaning out the window from Atsushi's room on the floor above him. He watched as a small black bag began to fall from the sky, he shot himself towards it, once acquired he quickly began to descend. Akutagawa was half way down the stairs.

"Nakahara, meet me at the front." Kunikida ordered, he didn't like being ordered around by people like Kunikida but Chuuya obliged. As soon as Kunikida acquired the rings he handed them over to Gin who was busy trying to deal with her still crying daughter she then messaged everyone with a text.

'Task successful'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 375 11
''Haku, where are Dazai and Haruka ?'' ''I don't kno--'' A loud bang echoed throughout the empty place. Shoes scraped the ground as Chuuya backed aw...
1.6K 69 1
"Be my mate, Chuuya." "Hah?!" Chuuya nearly fell off the branch he was sitting on. He turned to his lanky companion who was standing on another branc...
185K 9.1K 39
One day you notice that a new neighbor moved in the apartment across yours. He's the complete opposite of you: attractive, confident, talkative... Be...
964K 20.6K 29
// A collection of Bungou Stray Dogs oneshots; x readers_ || All requests closed ---------------------- • All one-shots are written by me, but I...