π˜Ώπ™π™„π™π™π™„π™‰π™‚ - Max Mayfie...

By Rhen_Roth

In which a normal afternoon for a 13 year old boy turns into an interdimensional accident, leading to monster... More

Cast
1. Unexpected.
2. Hawkins Was Not Part Of The Plan
3. Salt And Water
4. A Mouth That Opens Like A Flower
5. Blue Sphere
π’π„π€π’πŽπ π“π–πŽ
6. Setting Up
7. Madmax And The White Fang
8. True Sight
9. Stalkers
10. Trick Or Treat
11. Episodes
12. The Pollywog
13. Finding Dart
14. The Shadow Monster
15. Trauma And Secrets
16. Proof
17. Connections
18. Pandemonium
19. Reunion
20. The perfect Sage
21. Diversion
22. The Tunnels
23. The Snowball
π’π„π€π’πŽπ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
24. Mall Date
25. Suzie,Do You Copy?
26. Mall Rats
27. Sleepover
28. The Missing Lifeguard
29. The Sauna Test
30. The Sauna Test pt. 2
31. Awake
32. The Flayed
33. Secret's Out
34. The Bite
35. The Bite Pt. 2
36. Holy Shit...
37. The Battle Of Starcourt
38. And Now I Just Sit In Silence
𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑢𝑡 𝑭𝑢𝑼𝑹
39. Familiar Faces
40. Gunfire In My Head
41. Conversations
42. Hunt The Freak
44. Roller Revenge
45. Dear Kyle
46. I'll Stay Awake
πŸ‹ 47. Sparks πŸ‹
48. Amends
49. Deal?
πŸŽ„ Hawkins Holidays πŸŽ„
50. Mordor
51. The Dive
52. Echoes Of The Upside Down
53. Echoes Of The Upside Down Pt. 2
54. The Other Side
55. Mind Games
56. Over and Over
57. The War Zone
58. This Is War
59. Floor 555
60. A Hawk And A Snake
β€’ Not A Chapter β€’
61. Kamikaze
- bonus chapters -
boys don't cry
-scaled back and isolated-
- mine and mine alone-
- am I picture perfect or do I look fried?-
- nigga what?-

43. Vecna's Curse

475 22 5
By Rhen_Roth

Eddie's scream upon seeing Aiden appear out of nowhere immediately alerted the rest of the party that he was in the shed. The Munson boy immediately picked up a bottle and threw it at Aiden who quickly dodged by pulling his head back up.

"Oh,calm down,man" Aiden rolled his eyes as he landed back ok the ground with a flip. "Like it's your first time seeing a guy hang upside down"

"Jesus Christ..." Eddie gasped as the recognition set in. "Wheeler?"

"Sup?" Aiden held up two fingers.

"Eddie!" Dustin yelled as the others found the duo in the shed. "It's just me, Max, Steve and Robin. Remember,I told you about all of them.. and Aiden just played DND with us yesterday. They're all cool, especially Steve and Aiden"

"How'd he sneak his way in without me seeing him?" Eddie pointed at Aiden.

"Oh,he has superpowers" Dustin said simply.

"Dustin!" Robin scolded.

"Meh, it's okay, Eddie's trustworthy" Aiden shrugged.

Sensing that he was out of danger, Eddie let himself slump to the floor. Aiden patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"That wasn't necessary" Max looked at Aiden, referring to the use of his powers.

"We just wanna talk" Aiden told Eddie,once again disregarding the redhead's presence. "Could you tell us what... What you saw?"

"You won't believe me" Eddie looked at them.

"Aiden is basically a freak of nature," Dustin said. "Basically if Superman was a ninja.. "

"So trust me, we've seen weird shit" Steve added.

Eddie looked at the aforementioned boy and saw in his facial expression... in his eyes that Aiden was ready to believe him and had seen his own fair share of terrible things..  and he presumed the rest of them had as well.

"Her body just like, started to float..." Eddie started. "Her body just hung in the air and then... Her bones started to snap"

Aiden closed his eyes in discomfort,basically hearing the sounds again as Eddie described them. His hand instinctively reached over to Eddie, offering another gentle pat.

"Her eyes,man..." Eddie tried to continue. "It was like there was something inside her pulling them back in... I didn't know what to do so I just left her there. I know this all sounds crazy... You all think I'm crazy right?"

"We don't,man" Aiden shook his head. "Believe me, we've seen shit like this before"

"Don't bullshit me,man!" Eddie raised his voice. "I know how this sounds"

"How would you react if I told you Steve and I once fought an eight foot tall monster with a flower shaped mouth and no face?" Aiden crouched to Eddie's level. "or that Dustin once kept one of it's babies as a pet?"

"I'd say you're crazy" Eddie shook his head.

"Exactly" Aiden said, sitting on the floor in front of Eddie. "But just like all you've seen was real,all we've seen is just as real. Look,man... Believe it or not, there's multiple dimensions out there and I'm from one of them. It's a long story but the gist of it all is that one of these dimensions is right beneath Hawkins, it's actually a dark reflection of this dimension... That's where those monsters originated from"

"Monsters..." Eddie whispered in disbelief at the boy in front of him.

"We thought they were gone but they came back before once before" Dustin said. "That's why we needed to find you"

"Did you see anything that night?" Robin asked.

"Like,dark particles maybe?" Max asked.

Eddie shook his head. "There was nothing you could see or touch.."

"Something as simple as the lights flickering" Aiden said. "That's always a sign of the Upside Down"

"The lights did flicker a lot that night" Eddie said.

"And they did at her place too at about the same time" Aiden jerked his head to Max as he pieced it together for the gang who of course still didn't have if figured out. "That explains it... At least now we know the Upside Down is still messing with this world"

"But what exactly is it this time?" Dustin asked.

"Y'know..." Eddie said softly. "I tried to wake her up,man.. I really tried but she seemed to be in like a trance"

"Or a spell" Dustin said.

"A curse" Aiden and Eddie said at once. "Vecna's curse"

"Who's Vecna?" Steve asked.

"An evil spell caster" Dustin said.

"Basically a dark wizard" Aiden clarified.

While engrossed in their conversation,the gang failed to notice a particularly small limbless reptile peacefully curled up in a corner not far away...

__________

The next day, Steve, Robin and Dustin were shopping for food for Eddie and practically forced Aiden to stay behind in the car with Max, much to his irritation.

The awkward silence in the car was only slightly lessened by the sound of Aiden munching on an apple he'd brought with him as some kind of breakfast,as well as the faint tune of Gangsta's Paradise coming from Aiden's Walkman which Max could hear from the backseat.

"What do you think of all this?" Max asked.

A few seconds passed and Aiden didn't say a word. His headphones weren't over his left ear as he sat in the passenger's seat on front of her.

"Y'know,you can't ignore me forever" Max said.

"I'm just trying not to rub my curse on you,since any interaction with me would probably kill you" Aiden said without even looking at her.

"You're still holding on to that..." Max realized. She knew the breakup affected him but she'd never thought...

"You think I'd forget?" Aiden's voice dropped. "Those words are burned into my head, Mayfield"

"Aiden,I was... I was partially drunk" Max defended, remorse already building up inside her.

"Mhmm" the ninja said. "On a school day. Even if you were,that just proves that you actually do feel that way about me"

"I... I'm sorry," Max looked down. "I  didn't mean all that, I was... I was just so consumed by-"

"Grief?" Aiden finished with a light chuckle. "Yeah,so was my dad... We both know how that ended up, don't we?"

"Aiden-"

"Look, thank you for the apology and I might accept it in due time," Aiden said. "But right now... I can't promise you anything at all. I'm still trying to fix myself"

"... I understand" Max said quietly.

"Thank you" He nodded.

"By the way... I saw what you did to Troy" Max said. "Aiden,what if Mike hadn't stopped you?"

"Then I go to jail" Aiden said simply. "Wouldn't be my first time killing a scumbag.. and if the tables turned and I got beat to death,so be it"

The chill nature of his voice as he spoke about manslaughter and death was what disturbed Max. She would've backed away if she weren't at the edge of the seat already. This boy was completely different from the one she'd known and once dated.

Who was this?

What had she done?

__________

Eventually,the rest of the group got done shopping and headed back to Rick's house, obviously startling Eddie in the process.

"Alright,man we got good news and bad news" Aiden sat with the metalhead as he handed him one of the bags.

"Bad news first, always" Eddie insisted.

"Alright,take it away guys" Aiden said. The 16 year old wasn't exactly good at delivering bad news to people.

The gang then explained to him how their plans usually worked and that since El didn't have her superpowers anymore,Aiden was their backup plan.

"Yeah,just need to find away to reach a dark wizard in an alternate dimension full of hideous monsters and lop his head off" Aiden smiled. "Should be pretty easy"

'Not to mention, he somehow has me on his list... Just perfect'

The thing is,Aiden wasn't exactly surprised. If the mind flayer wanted something with him,it stands to reason that Vecna would obviously want him too... But what exactly did the bastard want? Maybe he knew Aiden was as strong as El if not far stronger by now and felt threatened.

Aiden would understand why though... All he needs is a single Sharingan to end Henry and probably everything that exists in the Upside Down. That's not to say however that he was complacent or overconfident in his abilities, he vividly remembered what happened when he slacked off even the slightest bit.

His thoughts were cut short when he was hit with another sudden headache.

"Agh!"

The boy once again started to get dizzy and fall to one knee.

Not this shit again...

"Aiden?" Max took notice immediately. "Aiden, what's wrong?"

As the others gathered around him,he tried to fight through the pain but once again felt himself fading.

"Fred..."

Well played, Henry... Well played.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 1.6K 31
Max Mayfield x fem OC season 2 - βœ… season 3 - βœ… season 4 - βœ… season 5 -
9.3K 186 30
──⠀Ϋͺ β™‘ Ϋ« 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡: You never thought you'd find love until, you met him. Max mayfield, he was everything you wanted in a guy. 𝖬𝖺𝗅𝖾!𝖬𝖺�...
493 13 14
"ITS A COLD WORLD WE LIVE IN MAX, BUT WE'LL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER." Cassie Harrington spends most of her time with the party. She absolutely loves...
474 24 16
Max Mayfield was deemed to never wake up. That's what everyone thought, trapped in the despair of the thought that their friend would never share mem...