Even More Protective Colby

By JaiMcc

Part 3-You know the drill ;) More

Alone
My Little Cheerleader
Something To Protect
Always
The Deal
What Really Happened
Did What I Had To
Nothing Without You
Protect Your Heart
Sam and Colby vs. The World
A/N
Choose Yourself
A/N Please Read!!!
Lost Love
As Long As I'm Around
One True Friend
The Empath
Until The End
Until We Meet Again
Until We Meet Again (Alternate Ending)
A Price Paid
Forever Grateful
The Promise
Don't Leave Me
I'll Always Come Back
The Power Of Love
Let Me Love You
Unbreakable
Crazy In Love
Annoucement!
Part 1: No Matter What
Part 2: No Good Deed
Part 3: Everything I Have
MINE
Not This Time
Never Over
Carry On
Brotherly Bond
Riled Up
Stay Close
Best Part Of Me
Onward and Upward
The Beginning Of The End
The Answer
You Don't Know Crazy
Paranoid?
For Love
The Countdown
The Choice
The Consequences
Lingering
Loud And Clear
Under Pressure
Face Your Phobia
At All Costs

Whatever It Takes

362 18 6
By JaiMcc

" How is this possible?" asked Colby.

" It's hard to explain over the phone," explained Sam W. " How fast can you two get back to Kansas?"

" We'll be on the next flight," said Colby, hanging up the phone.

Sam smiled at him." Colby, this is great news," said Sam. " It can finally end."

" Yea, I guess so," said Colby.

Sam could sense the hesitation in Colby's voice. " Do you still want to get rid of it?" he asked.

"Dave was right," said Colby. " My protection and power would be gone. I'd be easier to kill, but it would free both of us from the burden, so yes, he needs to go."

" You're sure?" asked Sam.

Colby smiled. " Yes," he said.

" Alright then, back to Kansas," said Sam.

Sam and Dean picked the boys up at the airport when they arrived in Kansas the next day and they were eager to hear what the brothers had found. They had agreed not to say anything until they got back to the bunker, where it was safer. Once they arrived, Sam and Colby sat across the table from the brothers.

" I don't understand," said Colby. " I thought Dean said the only way to get rid of him permanently was to drain Sam of his blood."

Sam W hesitated to answer. " Well, it is," he said.

" Then we're not doing it," said Colby.

" Let him finish," said Dean.

" Even if we drain Sam of his blood, he won't die," explained Sam W. " We think your soul will protect him."

" Wait, what do you mean?" asked Sam G.

" Colby's soul is special," explained Sam W. " We don't know if it's because of his Dark Prince or because he's an empath, but something about your soul is different then the rest."

" Wish we would've known that before he gave it up," said Sam G.

" I would've done it either way," said Colby.

Sam sent him a small smile and then turned back to the brothers.

" Exactly how does this work?" asked Sam G.

" It's a blood transfusion," said Dean. " We transfer all of your blood into Colby. Even though you're drained, you won't die, Colby's soul will keep you alive."

" Say it does work, what happens after?" asked Colby.

" Sam will be able to live a completely regular life," explained Dean. " Except, your soul will be the only thing keeping him alive. You'd still be capable of getting hurt, feeling pain, but you wouldn't bleed. You'd pretty much be immortal."

" Pretty much?" questioned Sam G.

"If someone were to figure out how to taint or destroy that piece of Colby's soul living inside you, it would kill you," explained Sam W.

" These things always come with a catch," said Dean.

" But other than that, it would work, you'd be free and still be able to live a normal life," said Sam W.

" What do you think, Colby?" asked Sam G.

" No," said Colby. " It's too risky. I'm sorry we had to come all the way out here for such a short reunion, but we need to find a different way."

Colby got up and made his way back to the room they had given him in the bunker. Sam G quickly chased after him.

" Colby, wait!" yelled Sam. Colby turned to face him. " We finally have a chance to get rid of this thing, we need to take it."

" They said my soul might protect you," explained Colby. " What if it doesn't? You could die. I'm not risking that."

" We may never get another chance like this," said Sam.

" We're not doing it. End of discussion!" said Colby, as he turned to walk away.

" No," said Sam.

Colby stopped in his tracks. " What did you say?" he asked.

" I said No," repeated Sam. " You don't get a say anymore, it's my body, my blood, my choice."

" You don't get to do that," said Colby, angrily. " Not after everything."

" You may not like it, but you can't stop me," said Sam.

"It's my soul," said Colby.

" Okay, so take it back," said Sam.

Colby got up close to Sam's face. " Fuck. You!" said Colby.

Colby then retreated back to his room. Sam stood there shocked as tears formed in his eyes.

Colby had been tossing and turning all night, unable to sleep. He had been thinking about everything as he stared up at the ceiling with tears in his eyes. It had been a stressful night. Colby quickly got up and opened his bedroom door. He made his way down the hallway of the bunker to Sam's room. He hesitantly knocked on the door.Sam answered and Colby could tell he had been crying as well.

" I'm sorry," said Colby, in tears.

" I know. Me too." said Sam, as a tear streamed down his face. Sam gestured for Colby to come in.

Colby walked over to Sam's bed and sat down on the end, Sam then joined him. That's when Colby just broke down. He was in full on tears, his head in his hands. Sam had never seen him cry like this before.

" It's all happening so fast," said Colby.

" I get it," said Sam. He continued rubbing Colby's back.

Colby cried even louder and fell to his knees on Sam's floor. Sam quickly joined him, grabbing his shoulders. Sam began to cry as well.

" It's so hard Sam," said Colby. " Fuck, it's so damn hard, wanting him gone, but wanting to keep you alive. I'm always so conflicted."

" I see the guilt and the burden you carry everyday," said Sam, " but you don't need to, Colby. It's okay. It's okay to want him gone. You don't have to feel guilty about that."

Colby rested his hand on Sam's shoulder, steadying himself.

"Colby, look at me," said Sam, taking Colby's face in his hands. Colby looked Sam in the eyes. "I need to do this. You have protected me, everyday, since we were 14. It's my turn now. Okay?" Colby quickly nodded his head.

" We're gonna get through this. I'm gonna be fine," said Sam, " and we're gonna get rid of this son of a bitch, once and for all."

Both of them touched foreheads as the tears continued to stream down their faces.

" Fuck! I love you so much," said Colby.

" I love you too," said Sam. He quickly helped Colby up and went to open the door.

'Wait," said Colby. " Can I sleep here?"

Sam smiled at him. " Of course," said Sam.

Both of them slid under the covers of Sam's bed and faced each other. Sam smiled at Colby and then shut his eyes and settled into the pillows, falling asleep. Colby stared for a little longer before shutting his eyes and finally being able to fall asleep.

The next morning, Sam and Colby met Castiel and the brothers in the main foyer of the bunker. Everyone stared at them as they walked in.

" We're ready. Let's do this," said Colby.

Dean looked to his brother and then to Castiel. They nodded to the boys.

Luckily, the brothers had everything they needed in the medical room at the bunker to be able to do the transfusion. Sam settled onto the bed and Colby sat beside him as Sam W prepared the I.V. Dean then came over to join them.

" I just thought you should know, you'll probably lose consciousness halfway through," explained Dean. " You're not gonna die, but you'll still feel all the side effects of blood loss."

" Thanks for the warning," said Sam.

" Chances are it's gonna be painful for you too, Colby," said Castiel.

" Cas, not helping," said Dean.

" It's okay," said Colby. " What matters most is keeping Sam alive."

"We'll be right here the whole time," said Sam W. Sam and Colby nodded to him.

" Ready?" asked Sam G.

" Ready," answered Colby.

Sam W injected the needle into Sam and then into Colby and the transfusion began. They started with a little at a time, and Colby winced in pain when it entered his bloodstream. He tried to keep his cool for Sam. After some time, Colby looked over at Sam, he was sweating as he bled out fast. Colby grabbed the washcloth on the table beside him, and wiped Sam's forehead.

" You're doing great," said Sam.

" You too," said Colby.

Colby couldn't help it this time. He let out an agonizing scream. It felt like his insides were burning. Sam was now breathing rapidly. Colby gently rested a hand on Sam's forehead and gently led his fingers through Sam's blond hair to calm him down. Sam looked at Colby and smiled. His eyes suddenly rolled to the back of his head and he knew he was about to pass out.

" Don't you die on me, Sam," said Colby.

" Never," said Sam.

" I love you Golbach," said Colby.

" Love you too, Brock," said Sam, and he suddenly passed out.

Colby's heart skipped a beat seeing Sam unresponsive on the bed. He prayed that the brothers were right and that his soul would protect him. Colby began thrashing and screaming. His eyes were blown wide, and red, his Dark Prince screaming at him to stop the pain. His Dark Prince nearly ripped out the IV but Colby fought back.

Colby stopped thrashing but was still wincing from the burning sensation when a loud beeping suddenly caught his attention. Sam was seizing on the bed beside him.

" Sam!" shouted Colby, as he winced in pain.

Colby's eyes flashed red for only a second, his Dark Prince wanted to come out, to help Sam but he was too weak. He soon began thrashing in the chair again.

" What are you doing?" said his Dark Prince.

" I want you gone," said Colby.

" After everything I've done for you, for him, this is how you repay me?!" asked the Dark Prince.

" You're finished," said Colby.

" Have it your way," said the Dark Prince. " Good luck protecting him without me!"

Sam W had nearly stepped in to stop the process, but Dean held him back. It was painful, but it was working.

"Colby's soul will keep him alive," said Dean.

" Dean, we need to do something," said Sam W.

" Sammy, trust me on this one," said Dean.

Once Colby stopped thrashing, he fell limp in the chair beside Sam's bed. Both boys were unresponsive. Sam, Dean and Castiel rushed over to them.

" Colby? Colby, can you hear me?" asked Dean, shaking him gently.

Colby stirred, and his eyes slowly fluttered open. Dean smiled at him.

" Welcome back, kid," said Dean.

" Did it work?" asked Colby.

" You tell us," said Dean.

Colby tried to summon his Dark Prince, but nothing happened. He could no longer feel him. He was gone. He was really gone. Colby looked at Dean and then quickly shifted his gaze over to Sam, still unconscious on the bed. Colby plucked the IV out of him, and Dean carefully helped him stand. Colby steadied himself on the bed, and loomed over Sam, waiting for him to wake up.

" C'mon Sam, c'mon," said Colby. " Don't do this, I need you with me." Sam still hadn't responded.

Sam's eyes suddenly shot open and he took in a huge breath. Sam W helped him slowly sit up. He instantly looked at Colby.

" Is he gone?" asked Sam.

" Yea," said Colby.

Sam smiled and laughed happily. " We did it, Colby! We fucking did it man!" said Sam. Both of them instantly hugged. " It's finally over."

Sam and Colby had a couple days to rest, and once they were feeling stronger, they flew back to Las Vegas, but not before saying Thank You to Castiel and The Winchesters once again.

Sam and Colby had never been happier. For the first time in their lives, they finally felt as if they were free. They could finally stop running. It had been weeks since their trip to Kansas and they were feeling better than ever. No side effects or anything. Everything was perfect.

A few days later, Sam and Colby had stopped in the food court in their local mall to grab a bite to eat. They were having a casual conversation when a young girl came up to them.

" Oh My God! You're Sam and Colby!" she said. Sam smiled happily at her. " I'm such a huge fan! Could I grab a quick photo?"

" No!" said Colby. " Can't you see we're in the middle of something?"

Sam looked at him in disbelief. " Of course you can get a photo," said Sam. " Right Colby?"

" Fine!" said Colby, annoyed.

The young girl stood in the middle with both boys on either side of her. Colby had a look of complete disinterest on his face.

" Thank you so much," said the girl.

" Are we done?" said Colby.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude," said the girl.

" Well congratulations, you did," said Colby. " Now fuck off."

The girl had opened her mouth to say something else but Colby interrupted her.

" That's your cue to leave sweetheart," said Colby. " Get lost."

The young girl hung her head as she walked away and Colby rolled his eyes as he returned back to their table. Sam watched him closely and grabbed his stuff off of the table.

" What are you doing?" asked Colby.

" Let's go, now!" said Sam.

Beezlebub quickly made his way down the dimly lit hallways of Hell. He stopped to give a small bow to his master.

" Beezlebub, report," said Davorolof.

" My lord, you were right," said Beezlebub. "It played out exactly as you said it would. They believed it all. They went to the Winchesters, they've done it. Colby's Dark Prince is no more and he only has half a soul."

" Which means Samuel is being protected by Colby's soul," said Dave.

" Indeed," said Beezlebub. " You planted the seeds perfectly. Gave them everything they needed to eventually get to this moment. How did you do it? How did you know it would work?"

" I've got to know them very well," said Davorolof. " I've been following them, studying their every move. I knew they were special from the very first moment I spoke to them, in Room B340."

" The former prince is weak," said Beezlebub. " Now is our time to strike."

" Not yet, not while they're together," said Davorolof.

" We can easily separate them," said Beezlebub.

" No need," said Davorolof. " It's only a matter of time before Colby snaps and then the rest will take care of itself, and when it does, we'll be ready."

" So, what do you suggest we do in the meantime?" asked Beezlebub.

Davorolof smirked. He picked up the gun on the table next to him. " Take this," he said, throwing the gun to Beezlebub.

" The Soul Killer?" said Beezlebub. " My lord, it only has one bullet."

" And we've been saving it for the perfect moment," said Davorolof, " That moment is now. So,I suggest you don't miss."

" Which one should I go for?" asked Beezlebub.

Davorolof laughed. " You'll know," he said.

Beezlebub bowed one last time and then quickly made his way back up to earth. Davorolof stood, smiling. His master plan was working perfectly.

When they arrived back at their house, Sam was still quiet and Colby was getting annoyed.

" Hello? Earth to Golbach," said Colby, snapping his fingers at Sam. " You wanna tell me why you ignored me the whole way home?"

Sam turned to face Colby. He took a deep breath before he spoke. " How could you ever treat a fan like that?" asked Sam. " The whole reason we're even here is because of them."

" She interrupted our conversation," said Colby.

" It wasn't that important, it could've waited," said Sam. "Especially for our fans."

" Whatever," said Colby.

" What is going on with you?" asked Sam. " Ever since yesterday, you've been in a really pissy mood? What gives?"

Colby just shrugged and that's when the realization finally hit Sam. " It's your soul isn't it?" said Sam. " You lied to me. You said you were fine."

" I am fine," said Colby, his teeth clenched.

" Really?" said Sam. " Cause the Colby I know never would have treated a fan like that."

" Well the Sam I know wouldn't have gone into the basement without me," said Colby.

" Is that what this is about?" asked Sam.

" Just forget it," said Colby.

" No!" said Sam. " Let's lay everything all out on the table, Colby. You said you weren't mad. Are you?"

" I'm pissed Sam," said Colby. " You were selfish. You just had to take the big moment for yourself."

" You know it wasn't like that," said Sam.

" It doesn't change the fact that you did it, you always do that," said Colby. " You just need to have everything for yourself."

" What are you talking about?" said Sam.

" Why don't you tell me the real reason you wanted me to destroy my Dark Prince," started Colby. " It's because you couldn't wait to have that immortality for yourself. It wasn't because you cared about me, you were being selfish, as always."

" How could you even say that?" asked Sam.

" Don't sit here and bullshit me," yelled Colby.

" Do you want your soul back?" yelled Sam. " Is that it, Colby? Be honest with me, do you regret giving up part of your soul?" Colby hesitated to respond.

" Well?" yelled Sam.

" Yes!" shouted Colby. " I do! Is that what you wanna hear Sam? Do you have any idea what it's like to live with half a soul? It is a constant state of anger and depression. It's like nothing makes me happy anymore, not even you. Do you know how scary that is?"

" I understand Colby," said Sam, " but that doesn't give you the right to be a dick."

" I can't help it, Sam," shouted Colby. " I don't understand why you can't get this through that thick brain of yours."

" Don't turn this back on me," said Sam.

" You're unbelievable," yelled Colby, as he turned to leave.

" Hey, don't walk away from me, Colby," shouted Sam, as he followed behind Colby and placed his hand on Colby's shoulder to turn him back around.

Colby angrily whipped around, and his hand flew to Sam's neck, squeezing tightly as he lifted Sam off the ground and body slammed him into the wall. Sam's back hit the wall with a thud and he yelled in pain. Sam looked at Colby, terrified and shocked. Colby loosened his hold as he realized what he had just done. Colby then quickly tore his hand away and hurriedly backed away from Sam, letting him down. Colby looked down at his hands, and then looked back up at Sam with tears in his eyes. Colby was hurt seeing Sam look at him in complete horror and utter disbelief.

" Colby," started Sam.

" No Sam," said Colby, backing away. " Just stay away from me, please." Colby then ran out of the house and to his car, quickly driving off, as far away from Sam as he could.

When Colby was far away from his house, he pulled to the side of the road. He broke down into tears and just cried. He ignored his phone on the seat next to him when he saw Sam's number pop up. He was so afraid to answer, about what his best friend would think of him. His phone began ringing again, and then a third time. Colby finally answered.

" Colby, please come back, we can fix this," said Sam.

" No Sam, we can't," said Colby. " Not this time."

" Colby, if we're not together, you're vulnerable, we both are," said Sam. " Just let me come to you, please."

" I hurt you, Sam," said Colby. " That is something I swore I would never do. I need to fix this on my own, without you."

" That's what they want, Colby," said Sam. " They'll kill you."

" If that's what it takes," said Colby.

" Colby, don't ever say that," said Sam.

" This way, no one else will get hurt," said Colby. " I need to do this alone."

" I'll come after you, Colby," said Sam. " I'll find you. I always do."

Colby smiled a little. " You know I always follow through on my promises, right?" said Colby.

" Always," said Sam.

" Well, I promise you this," said Colby. " I'll do everything in my power to make sure you don't find me."

Sam was completely silent on the other end of the phone.

" Goodbye, Sam!" said Colby, and he hung up the phone, tears still rolling down his cheeks. Colby smashed the phone, and then tossed it out the window.

With a deep breath, Colby had a look of determination in his eyes as he started the car once again and went on his way. He would fix this. One way or another, he would fix it all. Even if it was the last thing he did. Whatever it takes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 886 84
J'me souviens un jour je suis revenu de cours et un con m'a parlé. //update tous les deux jours// //avec colby brock//
169K 8.3K 48
Et si, une Zoldyck venait à rejoindre la brigade fantôme et a attirer l'intention du fameux chef avec son attitude...assez hors du commun, qu'est-ce...
363K 15.3K 113
Elle cherchait un endroit en marge de cette soirée où elle ne voulait pas venir. Lui voulait juste souffler et se ressourcer au calme. Ils se retrouv...
385K 20.6K 193
J'ai eu besoin d'un 3eme tome,j'assume pas.