Don't Leave Me

This was a request from a follower on my AO3 profile. Her name is Lily, so shoutout to her. Enjoy everyone. :) -JM

Sam and Colby had decided to take Manny and Larray on a haunted experience with them to an abandoned mansion in the woods. Everything had been going well, all they had to do now was cross a metal pole over a gap in order to finally get to the mansion. Sam had decided to go across first.Sam gently jumped on the pole, checking to see if it was sturdy, hearing it creak beneath him.

"Dude, no!," said Colby.

"It's fine, it'll be fine," said Sam. He began gently walking across. It wasn't a long way across so Sam was confident.

"Oh, he's got it, he's got it," said Manny.

"Yass Samuel," said Larray.

" This guy literally broke his back six months ago," said Colby.

" Slay," said Manny.

Sam carefully inched forward across the metal pole, it was night and Sam hadn't noticed that the pole was still a little wet from the rain the night before. He suddenly lost his footing, but caught himself.

" Holy shit, dude," said Colby, as he held the camera steady.

"That was close," laughed Sam, looking back at the other 3 boys. He continued, nearly at the end of the pole bridge, when he suddenly slipped again and this time he wasn't so lucky.

Sam plunged down into the gap below them. Even though the fall wasn't super high, the way his body turned made him fall at a bad angle.

Colby dropped the camera and sprinted towards his best friend. Colby saw him sprawled out on the ground.

"Sam!!!" shouted Colby. " Guys, call an ambulance, get help please," gesturing towards Manny and Larray. The two boys were already calling 911.

Colby didn't care about the scrapes and bruises he would get from rushing down to his best friend. He quickly reached him, and gently cupped the back of Sam's head, feeling a wet and sticky substance on his hand. When Colby pulled his hand away, it was covered in blood and Colby instantly noticed the rock Sam had hit his head on.

"Oh God!" Oh My God!" said Colby.

Sam's eyes were open, but Colby could tell he was struggling to stay conscious, his eyes fluttering open and shut.

" Col-Colby?" said Sam.

" I'm here," said Colby, he took off his hoodie and placed it at the back of Sam's head. " We're gonna get help, you'll be fine."

" How bad is it?" asked Sam weakly.

" Not bad at all," said Colby, putting on a fake smile. " You're gonna be fine, there's an ambulance on the way."

"Colby, please...stay with...me?" asked Sam. " I'm scared...please don't leave me."

" I'm not going anywhere," said Colby. " I'm staying right here, okay Sam?"

Colby gently took Sam's hand, clasping it in his. He noticed Sam's eyes roll to the back of his eyes and flutter shut, he was falling in and out of consciousness. Colby tried to keep him awake.

" No, Sam don't!" said Colby. " Stay with me, Sam."

"Colby," said Sam, looking into his best friend's eyes. " I just wanted to thank you for being my best friend, in case I don't get a chance later."

" Don't say that," said Colby, panicking. "Of course you'll get a chance, you're not going out like this. You're not allowed to die without me, remember?"