As Long As I'm Around

Protective Sam oneshot. By request.

Colby stormed into his house as his friend Tyler followed him in, slamming the door behind him. They had been hanging out, when Tyler had started a huge argument. Colby had tried to ease the tension,but Tyler was enraged. He had decided to try and leave, so that things wouldn't escalate, but Tyler wasn't having it, he followed Colby all the way back to his house.

" Hey, I'm talking to you Colby," said Tyler, as they entered the foyer.

Colby stopped and turned to face him. " Dude, I already told you to leave," he said angrily.

" No, I'm not leaving until you apologize for what you did," said Tyler.

" You still haven't even told me what you think I did," said Colby.

" Don't act all innocent, man," said Tyler. " You know exactly what you did."

" Tyler, I really don't have time for this," started Colby.

"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!" said Tyler. He grabbed Colby by the arm to stop him from walking away. Colby yanked his arm away as Tyler lifted his, ready to deliver a punch. He didn't make it far before Sam stopped him, grabbing his arm mid-punch.

Sam had been listening in the other room when the commotion started. He recognized Colby's voice, but not so much the other one. Colby had just said he was going to hang out with an old friend. Sam had turned the corner just in time to see Tyler advance on Colby.

"What is going on?" asked Sam, letting go of Tyler's arm.

"Who the fuck are you?" asked Tyler.

"I'm his best friend," replied Sam. "What's the problem here?"

"The problem is that he stole my YouTube idea," said Tyler angrily.

" That's what this is about?," asked Colby. " You mean Wilson Castle? Dude, how was I supposed to know that you were planning on going to Wilson Castle if you didn't tell me?"

" I did tell you," said Tyler. "Shows how much you actually listen, or care. Maybe I should knock some sense into you." Tyler stepped towards Colby. Colby quickly backed away as Sam quickly stepped in front of him.

"Get the fuck out of our house!"  said Sam, pointing to the front door.

" What if I don't?" asked Tyler, smirking.

" You can walk out, or I can drag you out," said Sam.

Tyler huffed in annoyance. " You can't take me," he said.

" Yeah? Try me," said Sam, stepping up to Tyler.

Tyler just laughed. He and Sam stared each other down. Without saying a word, Tyler pretended like he was going to turn and leave. Instead, he whipped around, firing a punch towards Sam. Sam grabbed Tyler's arm mid punch, once again, and instead sent a punch straight into Tyler's face. The boy fell to the ground in pain. He stood up, pulling his hand away from his nose to see the red covering his hand.

" Get out!," said Sam.

" Ok fine," said Tyler. "I'll leave. This isn't over Brock, I'll find you later when your little boyfriend isn't around to defend you."

Sam watched as Tyler stormed out of their house, slamming the door behind him. Sam turned once again to face Colby.

" Are you okay?" asked Sam.

" Yeah, I'm good," said Colby. "Thank you, by the way. You didn't have to do that."

" Hey, as long as I'm around, no one is laying a finger on you" started Sam. " Not here. Not anywhere."

"I believe you," said Colby. "Thanks."

"Anytime," said Sam, " and don't worry, if he bothers you again, he won't be walking away next time."

"Oooh, scary," laughed Colby.

" Shut up you piece of garbage," laughed Sam.