Crazy In Love

Part 2 to my short story Let Me Love You.

A/N: Friendly warning, things are about to get crazy! Hence the title. This story really took a whole new turn. The more I wrote, the crazier it got. It started off as a continuation and then things escalated from there. I had so much fun writing it though and I think it will have an interesting impact on the future of this series. So, without further ado, sit back, enjoy and hold on! ;) -JaiMcC

The dark obsession was only the beginning...

Sam and Colby were attending a special convention for social media influencers. They were a special guest on the panel for haunted videos/paranormal explorers. They sat on the stage, surrounded by many fans who had flown a long way to see them. Everything was going well. Normally, Colby would be anxious talking in front of a crowd, but luckily Sam was there to help him out.

" Colby," asked the female interviewer. " What would you say is the craziest experience you've ever had?

Colby laughed. " Well," replied Colby, looking out towards the audience. " I'd have to say it was definitely...?" Colby froze as he looked into the crowd of fans, to the girl hidden in the back. Her long brown hair falling to her shoulders. She took off her sunglasses, giving him a small smile and a wink as she slipped out of the hall.

"Colby?" asked Sam. " Colby? Are you good?"

Colby brought his attention back to Sam and the interviewer. Everyone was staring at him curiously.

" Yea, sorry," said Colby. " Can you repeat the question?"

The rest of the interview went fine. Luckily, it hadn't lasted much longer after Colby zoned out. Sam and Colby made their way back to their hotel room.

" You okay?" asked Sam. " I've never seen you freeze up like that, what happened?"

" I thought I saw B," said Colby.

" B? You mean that crazed fan that kidnapped us," asked Sam.

" Yea, that one," said Colby.

" Are you sure it was her?" asked Sam. " I mean for all we know, she's dead. The cops never found her."

" I don't know," said Colby.

" Maybe being surrounded by all these pretty girls is messing with you a little bit," laughed Sam.

" It's not funny, Sam," said Colby, annoyed.

" Woah, okay," said Sam. " I'm sorry."

" Dude I," started Colby. " I'm sorry too."

" It was traumatizing," said Sam. " I shouldn't have turned it into a joke. I really am sorry."

" It's cool," said Colby. " What time do you leave?" Colby was trying to change the subject.

" My flight to Toronto leaves at 4," said Sam. " Katrina is meeting me at the airport."

" I'll walk you out," said Colby.

Sam packed up his stuff, and made his way down to the hotel entrance with Colby. The Uber he had ordered just pulled up. The older driver came around the front, and helped Sam with his bags. Colby helped too, putting the last bag in the trunk, noticing the funky license plate. More interestingly, the number. JAN 297. Brushing it off, he gave Sam one last hug.

" You gonna be okay without me for a night?" asked Sam.

" I think I can manage," said Colby.

" Try not to get arrested, or killed, or anything really," said Sam.