Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

40: the calm

42.8K 1.3K 320
By narryhugme

SELENA'S FREAKING SONG IS 😍 & BLESS YOU SWEDEN FOR THAT CONCERT TODAY
...now continue on reading 😊

Jess

Only one or two fans approached me after Harry and I started to leave. They were very nice and asked for pictures. They didn't even question anything about Harry. I smiled and waved to them once we got back into my car.

"Off to the offices," I huff, backing out of the parking space.

I knew the directions there almost by heart. It was a twenty minute drive with traffic from here.

"You just have to speak your mind. You have a say if Jane stays or leaves, so show them that," Harry reassures me.

We get onto the freeway and of course traffic is at a stand still. I sigh and put my car in park, taking my foot off the break. We obviously weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I fold my legs to my chest and turn my head to Harry, leaning against the headrest. The corners of his mouth perk up and he reaches over and grabs my hand in his.

"Do you have any ideas for the music video?"

I shrug. "Sort of. The song is calm in a way, so I'm thinking the video should go along those lines."

He nods. "I agree. Knowing the work Kyle has done, he should be thinking the same thing."

Traffic starts to move a little bit so I take the car out of park and move up about five feet before everything stops again.

I groan and throw my head back, partially because of all the traffic and also because of how much I have to get done in the next week. I have to finish writing five songs for the new album. In one week. That's unheard of.

My phone starts ringing and Harry lets go of my hand so that I could take it out of the cup holder. It was my aunt.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hi! I just wanted to call and say that we're leaving today for our flight to Los Angeles. I don't know if you wanted to meet us or..."

The traffic starts moving again so I quickly put my phone on Bluetooth over the cars speakers.

I turn my head and mouth to Harry, "my aunt", so he'd at least know who I'm giving out my plans to. He nods his head and his forehead creases in concentration.

"When are you getting in?" I ask, even though I probably won't be able to see them anyways because of the schedule I had today.

"Eight tonight. If you can't get us, it's completely fine. We'll just get a rental car, since we'll need one anyways."

A pang of guilt hit me square in the chest.

"I'm really sorry. I just have so much to do today and tomorrow seems a little better. I promise I'll make it out sometime tomorrow to see you."

"Yeah, that's perfectly fine. Um, I'll see you tomorrow then, Jess?"

"Have a safe flight," I say, then hang up. A deep breath leaves me. I feel myself completely relax again when Harry grabs my hand in his.

After a minute of silence, I speak up, looking only at the road in front of me. "I really am trying with them, Harry."

"I know you are," he says back instantly.

•••

"They're a bunch of freaking dirtbags. Have I ever said how much I hate politics? I hate politics. They are just...ugh!"

"Give me the keys. I'm driving."

Harry held out his hands and I dig through my purse and slap the keys into his open hand.

I was livid.

I was in that room preaching to them for almost an hour. I told them that if they were to follow through with firing Jane, that I would make it a living hell for the next manager because no one whips me into shape like Jane does. Nobody else besides her, Meredith, Caroline, and Harry have seen me at my absolute worst and my absolute best. Those are the people I need in my life. Jane is one of them.

I think I remember one of them even saying, "Well think of it as a fresh start. You can forget all about what happened."

Did they think I'd just forget about my parents' and grandma's death just like that? That a fresh start would just wipe everything away like it never happened?

One person who wasn't in that room, was the founder of StayCo Management, Henry Patterson.

Everyone else just said, "We understand what you are saying and will review it with our other directors, but please take into consideration about what we are saying as well."

No, thanks.

"Oh, by the way, the 60 Minutes meeting thing was rescheduled to two days from now. Jane said that instead, tonight, you get to go out with Nick," Harry said in mock enthusiasm while we both got into my car.

"Isn't that sort of a good thing?" I say, talking about how it signified that the PR stunt would be over with.

A smile grew on his face. "Still doesn't make me over the top happy."

I laugh and shake my head at him. Harry's phone suddenly starts ringing from the cup holder and I glance down to see the name "Taylor Swift" across the top of the screen.

He glances down at the same time and swiftly picks it up.

Why would Taylor be calling him?

"Hello?"

"Now's not the best time."

"Yeah, everybody."

"Mhm. Okay, bye."

He set the phone back down and then proceeded to back out of the parking space.

Since when did Taylor and Harry have either of each other's numbers? I could guess that the phone call was about my birthday in two days. I was getting anxious because nobody has spoken about it at all. Last year, Harry, Devin, Patrick, and James--with the help of Jane, threw a surprise party backstage before one of my concerts. It was insane and I didn't expect it at all since Jane said we'd go out for dinner that night.

This year, I was going to be pretty busy with pre-tour things and wasn't really up for celebrating. I didn't even need anything as a present. I had everything I could have ever wished for right in front of me.

"She was just asking about...um, something," Harry spoke up out of nowhere.

A smirk formed on my face. "Didn't ask," I say lightly.

He grinned and his hand found mine again.

I took out my phone and started going through Instagram and Twitter. I noticed that one of the dancers, Carissa, had posted a group photo we took last night. I liked the picture and commented how hot we all looked. Sarcasm of course because it was taken after all of us worked out together and most of us (including me) were drenched in sweat.

Twitter seemed to be a combination of a few things: heated discussions about Harry, Nick, and I, "#Grammys Jessica Steele", and everyone talking about tour.

'@JessicaSteele: IM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR TOUR. JUST A FEW MORE DAYS AND IM IN TOKYO FOR THE FIRST SHOW!!!'

'@JessicaSteele: RT @jgslove ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE AN EP'

'@JessicaSteele: @jgslove I'm working on album #3 actually 😉'

'@JessicaSteele: @wtvrjsteele happy birthday, love!! ❤️❤️ wish I could fly over & hug ya!'

'@JessicaSteele: RT @jarryedits_ what are you doing right now @JessicaSteele'

'@JessicaSteele: @jarryedits_ wat r u doin'

'@JessicaSteele: hey dude whatcha doin @juliamarshall'
|
|
'@juliamarshall: hating on u @jessicasteele'
|
|
'@JessicaSteele: @juliamarshall same here love you'
|
|
'@juliamarshall: you too @jessicasteele'

"You're not afraid of heights, are you?" Harry asked randomly, pinching his bottom lip with his left hand, staring ahead at the road.

"No, why?"

"Just wondering."

•••

"I swear, that dude could've been Brad Pitt by the way you were talking to him," I told Harry. We had the meeting with Kyle Newman for the new music video and he and Harry hit it off. Kyle even said that he was excited to work with Harry.

"He's a professional director and I'm going to work with him. This could create a path for me to do other directing things. I bet in a year or two, I'll be directing one of your videos all by myself," he says and he looks like a freaking little boy on Christmas morning.

I struggle to put my boots on while trying to type out a text to Nick as well, telling him I was coming down to the lobby soon.

Harry lounged on the couch, his legs dangling way off arm of it. He was typing away at his phone, running his hand aimlessly through his hair.

"Alright, I'm gonna go, Harry," I say, checking my reflection in the mirror and grabbing my purse and sunglasses. Jane told me paparazzi was going to be insane tonight.

He got up off the couch and strode over to me with his dimply smile on his face. He grabbed my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"Stay safe, Jessy, okay?"

I nod and a smile automatically forms on my face at his words. "I'll text you when I make it back."

"Just come to my room. I'll be up," he assures and steps back so that I could open my door.

"Okay, bye." I give a small wave and close the door behind me.

It was perfect timing because Jane, Sal, Robbie, and two other men were coming up the hall come get me.

"Hey," I greet them, meeting then halfway.

"You ready?" Jane asks. I nod my head.

When we go down the elevator, she reminds me of a couple of rules that I don't necessarily follow half the time.

"No pictures. It's not safe for you, and it's not safe for the fans. Ignore the paparazzi, no matter what they say. Keep track of these four," she says and motions to the bodyguards. "Understood?"

"Yup."

I move to stand between Robbie and Sal once the metal doors slide open. I see a few hotel security waiting by the front entrance and they open the door, leading out to what seems like hundreds of flashing lights contrasting against the pitch black sky.

I keep my head down and my hand grasped Robbie's tightly as people were pushed out of the way. I was being shoved left and right and I felt hands grab onto my arms and my shoulders, but I just held onto Robbie's hand tighter.

"Jessica! You look gorgeous!"

"You're looking hot!"

"Jess! Look this way!"

"Over here!"

"Jess! Are you cheating on Nick?!"

"Look over here, gorgeous!"

"Get in, get in," Sal instructed once the doors to the car opened. I got in right away and the doors closed right after.

"Hey, Jess." Nick's voice sounded extremely calm for the situation we were currently in.

I laughed. "Hi, Nick."

We chatted on our way to the restaurant about both of our tours. Nick said that he really would like me to come to one of his shows, but with the whole breaking up thing happening, I'm not sure if it would be possible.

"That's a shame. You'll be missing out," he chimes.

"Well, you'll be missing out on mine, too," I say back smugly.

A couple minutes later, the car came to a stop and the doors opened up for us to get out. The lights and noise were even worse here. Nick met me on the other side of the car and grabbed my hand lightly. He was ahead of me as we started the walk.

Inside, Nick and I took a seat at a table near the back and placed our orders.

"So, your birthday's on Sunday, am I right?" Nick said, picking apart pieces of the bread that was in a basket on the table.

"You are right," I nodded.

"And what are you doing?"

"I'm not sure. I think Harry and a couple friends have something planned, but shh...I don't know anything about it," I chimed, laughing slightly.

He chuckled. "Of course."

I took a piece of the bread that he was tearing apart and put it in my mouth. I look around the room and see the casual stares we were getting.

"Gosh, this has nothing to do with you and do not take any offense, but I really hope I don't have to do another one of these PR stunts again," I whisper.

"Amen to that."

•••

After dinner, Nick and I went to a yogurt shop and grabbed an icy treat and took in on the road back to our hotels. We were both pretty eager to end the stunt, but at the same time, we had grown somewhat of a friendship.

Once we arrived at my hotel, I gave him a hug and told him goodbye. He said he'd see me soon because he's hellbent on getting me to go to one of his concerts.

It was around midnight when I got upstairs and knocked on Harry's hotel door like I promised I would, even though I had a feeling he was asleep.

What felt like minutes later, a groggy looking Harry answered the door with a smile on his face, his eyes squinted almost completely shut.

"Were you sleeping?" I ask, laughing softly.

"Nope," he says, almost proudly. He opens the door wider and moves out of the way so that I could step into the room.

He goes to his luggage and digs through his clothes before pulling out sweats and a tee shirt. He turns around and tosses them to me.

"What're these for?"

"For you to change in...if you want to stay the night."

I smiled and watched him for a couple of seconds before turning around and going into the bathroom to change.

When I came back into the room, Harry was already laying in bed, watching TV. When I walked over to the side of it, Harry pulled back the covers and held out an arm, gesturing for me to lie next to him.

I wasted no time climbing into the bed and curling into his chest. His arms wound around me and I breathed in his scent. My entire body relaxed completely. His legs tangled with mine and he placed small kisses on top of my head.

"How did tonight go?" he asked, his chest vibrating with his deep voice.

"Okay. I'm glad it's over."

"Me too."

We stayed like that for hours. I could hear the sound of the TV playing some crime show as well as Harry's even breathing. His arms never unwound themselves from around me and eventually I felt myself fall asleep.
_____________

This chapter is basically fluff for next chapter becaaaauuseee Jess' aunt & cousins are in the next chapter! This chapter is short and it's not all that good so bare with me until the next one (;

THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO FREAKING #17 IN FAN FICTION 😮

A few amazing people have been doing translations of this story, so if you're interested in that, just message me. Also, if you want to make a trailer or any type of edit, DM me or tweet me on Twitter! :)

COMMENT VOTE SHARE FOLLOW AND STUFF

HAVE A GREAT WEEK

Twitter: @wtvrharold
IG: @harry.reckless
xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 141 11
Izuku Midoriyas life changed when he found out he was quirkless. All of his friends turned against him, even his best friend, Bakugo Katsuki. They be...
15.1K 228 65
Goal: hit 100 parts I will take any requests. {⚠️warning⚠️} this contains bxb/gxg some will be sad and not all will have happy endings! death will be...
151K 7.8K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
43K 1.2K 25
𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 /iˌniSHēˈāSH(ə)n/ (n.) the action of beginning something. ❝In which two teens are much more powerful than they seem.❞ ˢᶜᵒᵗᵗ ᵐᶜᶜᵃ...