how you get the girl | l. nor...

By nocturnalwriter22

»»----- ★ -----«« her a famous singer that keeps writing about the guy he likes but doesn't like her back and... More

welcome
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty four
thirty five

thirty three

2.3K 65 8
By nocturnalwriter22

XXXIII. Cassette Tape

BRIGHTON: December 2023

TWITTER:

@Carlossainz55: he's just a diva

     @ameliamia: he really is sigh

     @landonorris: you say that but I know you love me

     @ameliamia: unfortunately

     @fan1099: omg, did they just????

@fan187: AHHHHHH SHE ADMITTED SHE LOVES LANDO

     @fan16: let's not freak out yet, they have said they love each other for years nowww

@Charles_Leclerc: glad you know it now lol

@MaxVerstappen33: he really took it this long?

     @landonorris: shut the hell up

@michelle: you like my sister this much?

      @landonorris: you know I do mich 🙄

@fan1988: okay this isn't just a coincidence

@fan1099: HE ADMITS HE LIKES HER

@fan16: I don't want to assume yet, but I will ahhhh

"What's this?" Lando ask as he accepted the box from his best friend. Mia pursed her lips and shrugged, "Just a gift."

He raised an eyebrow at her, "Just a gift? Mimi, you don't JUST give a gift." He pointed out. He was right though, there will always be a reason for everything when it came to Amelia Vettel.

Mia can never fool Lando. So, she took in a breath and leaned on her couch. The driver had accompanied the singer back to her home in Brighton. After the whole admitting of feelings, the two did not want to part ways anymore. And they didn't plan to, seeing as Mia had plans on spending Christmas with his family already.

"It's a gift for our 96 months of being friends but we didn't get to see each other so..." Mia trailed. Lando hummed and shook the box a bit.

The girl chuckled, "It won't eat you." She joked. He shrugged, "I can never be too sure with you." He joked back. She huffed, "Ich hasse dich." She said.

Lando smirked, "No you don't. Du liebst mich." He said smugly. Mia's cheeks blushed and she kicked him making him laugh, "Okay let me open it."

Mia watched him as he unwrapped the box, opening the lid. She watched his reaction, he tilted his head and reached to grab the first tape.

Looking back at her, the tape in his hand, "Cassettes?" She smiled, "I'm happy you know what they are." He pointed at her with a stern look on his face making her laugh, "I know things."

She hummed and nodded, "They're some scrapped songs I wrote." She said as she pushed the cassette player to him. "You want me to listen to them? Now?"

She nodded, "We have the time."

And he did, sitting on the chair of her balcony. Mia decided to leave him be. She wasn't nervous anymore. It was her last secret from him.

Lando Norris knew everything about her, including the feelings that he reciprocated. This was the last one. They were scrapped songs, but her songs still. They were the most obvious songs that were written about him.

She was scared before, that people may piece things together or he would find out. But he knew now, she wanted to give the songs justice so she gave them to him. Hopefully this time, he would get it.

Lando Norris sat there, completely in shock at the lyrics. He had the time, the sun setting as he processed everything. Once the last cassette stopped playing, he continued to sit there.

Lyrics replaying in his mind.

And if you like cameras flashing every time we go out

And if you're looking for someone

To write your breakup songs about

Baby, I'm perfect

He had felt so much emotion, the hurt, frustrations, love, appreciation that his best friend poured in those songs, those lyrics. It made him feel an idiot for not seeing it.

Every insecurity like a neon sign, as bright as day

If you knew what you were to me

You would never try to hide away

Cause everybody's looking at you now

He let out a breath and pulled the headsets off. He took out the last cassette out the player. Walking back inside, he saw Mia sitting by the kitchen island, flipping through some papers as she hummed.

She was right there, all this time.

I've got a tight grip on reality

But I can't let go of what's in front of me here

I knew you're leaving in the morning when you wake up

Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream

He cursed himself when he remembered how afraid she was of love. She hated the idea of falling because of her parents. They were never perfect and honestly, she admitted she didn't want to fall. But she did, for him. And he didn't see.

He could only imagine the pain and regret whenever he never saw.

This is me praying that

This was the very first page

Not where the storyline ends

My thoughts echo your name

Until I see you again

These are the words I held back

As I was leaving too soon

I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else

Please don't have somebody waiting on you

Mia looked up, a small smile on her face, "Hey. You done?" she asked. Lando didn't answer, he walked to her and wrapped his arms around her.

She let out a sigh and hugged her back, "Lan..."

"You wrote about me..."

She looked up and placed her cheek on his chest, a sad smile on her face, "All the time."

Realization struck him.

"The guy you've always liked is me."

She nodded, "It had always been you Lan. I'm sorry I didn't tell you soon."

Lando huffed and lifted her up to place her to sit on the island. She placed her hands on the back of his neck, "I'm the one who should be apologizing." He said.

She shrugged, "I got used to it. It's okay."

"Not okay." He said stubbornly. She sighed, "How will I prove to you that it's okay?" she asked.

Lando didn't say anything. He just stared at her, and she did the same. Moving her touch to his face, tracing the moles around his cheeks and neck.

"They're so pretty."

"What?"

"Your constellations."

He looked at her in confusion making her chuckle, "Your moles, they're like constellations to me."

Lando felt his heart melt and pulled her into a hug. "You don't know what you do to me Mimi..." he whispered. She hummed and ran her fingers through his hair, "You do the same thing to me you know..."

He pulled back a bit and looked at her eyes and his attention slowly moved down to her lips. She knew what he wanted so she tilted her head, placing her hands on his cheeks.

"What are thinking about Lan?"

"Kissing you."

She smiled, "Why won't you do it?"

"Can I?"

Mia didn't answer but rather leaned in, placing a feather kiss on his lips. That was enough for Lando, pressing his lips on hers.

It was strong and filled with warmth and love. It made their heads spins, making them dizzy. It was the result of the pent up emotions. And now exploding in one kiss.

Kissing each other felt like a long time coming and it was now happening. Mia felt her heart race fast as Lando pulled her closer.

But air was a thing and they had to pull away from each other. Their foreheads connected as they kept their eyes closed.

"I fucking love you Mia."

Her eyes snapped open in shock, "You do?" He smiled and pecked her lips again, "Yes. I really do."

TWITTER:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 6.1K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...
3.9M 91K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." ✼...
420K 10.5K 38
- "you're not saying you're in love with me, but you're going to." or, the one where the music industry's it girl meets F1...
17.5K 431 17
she only wanted to write a book.. about a passion she long forgotten when she met a specific McLaren driver, she only thought the flirting was harmle...