thirty one

XXXI. Her Truth

ABU DHABI: November 2023

TWITTER:

➥@fan788: wait, this is the wag twitter, tell me I am not the only one thinking this

@fan788: wait, this is the wag twitter, tell me I am not the only one thinking this

     @fan12: you're not, does this mean...

@fan09: hold up, isn't the dinner for the drivers and their 'partners'?

     @fan765: is this an announcement?? AHHH

Celebratory Dinner: Mia was walking beside Lando, they had reached the venue but then her heart stopped. Suddenly the nerves eating her up.

Her hand separated from Lando's. He turned back to her with furrowed eyebrows, "You okay Mimi?" he asked. She let out a breath, "Just a little nervous."

Lando sighed and walked to her, grabbing her hands and rubbing circles using his thumb to try to relax her. "They're our friends. No need to be nervous."

Mia wanted to say it, she wanted to tell him why she was actually nervous. It wasn't because of the people, he was right. They were friends, they knew each other well. She was nervous because of what Lando said earlier.

You have always been my partner.

Lando smiled at her and tugged on her fingers, "You still up for this? We can just go back-"

"No. We'll go. I'm just-" she stopped herself and let out a breath. She intertwined their fingers, "You won't leave me alone right?" she asked.

He felt like there was something more to this. He hummed and smiled and nodded, lifting up their hands, he pressed his lips to her hand. "You know I never would."

Once the two joined the group, they did not leave each other's side. Something their friends noticed. Shared looks from each other as they observed the two best friends to each other.

The other drivers and their partners were pretty much used to see the two attached at the hip but this time, there was something different.

And it was only Oscar who knew. He just hoped that they talked about and did not just keep it in the dark. Because if he could intervene, he would but then again, they were both old enough. If he could do it then so does his kuya Lando.

Mia found herself sitting between Lando and Adri. She had gotten to know the Architect more that night without Carlos wanting her attention.