twenty nine

XXIX. Alpine Hiding

ABU DHABI: November 2023

TWITTER:

➥@fan1099: it was so weird tho, she was at the alpine garage

@fan1099: it was so weird tho, she was at the alpine garage

@fan17: apparently she had a pass for alpine and not mclaren

@fan09: please tell me they're okay, lan and mia just became close again

      @fan18: I think they're okay, Mich is also in Alpine so maybe Kiara gave them passes

Quali: Mia walked in the paddock, following after Mich and Kiara. They had decided to go with the Alpine driver which the French thought was weird.

She was friends with the Vettel sisters but they were usually at Mercedes and Mclaren but there they were now, with their Alpine passes.

When they reached the garage, she turned to Mia and Mich. "You two okay?" she asked worriedly. She knew what was going on between the two. Mich nodded, "Yeah, can't I just support you too? You're our friend."

Kiara nodded and chuckled, "Okay. But are you and Mick okay?" she asked. Mich's cheeks blushed but nodded, "Yeah."

The driver chuckled, "Okay, you have to tell me all about it." She said before turning to the youngest Vettel, "How about you? I thought you and Lando were doing okay?"

Mia gulped and nodded, "We are." Kiara raised an eyebrow at her, "Then what are you doing hiding here?" she asked.

The singer sighed, "When I was with him that break it was just pure bliss you know? Like normal us but different. It was like he was actually on the same page as me..." she trailed. Mich and Kiara shared a look as Mia continued speaking.

"But I don't want to assume you know? It happened before, it could happen again."

"Or..." Mich trailed as Kiara smirked, already knowing what the older Vettel would say. "He actually likes you-"

"Stop." Mia said and sighed, "Let's not assume. I don't want to be hurt again." She cut her sister off. Kiara sighed, "Think about it Ames. Why don't you at least ask? Communication is key."

On other side of the paddock, Lando paced. Oscar watched him confused as he held the copy of the lyrics. "Lando, stop. Pacing!" the Australian said, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He looked at the younger driver and his good friend, "That's the first time I made something like this." He reasoned. Oscar hummed and nodded, motioning for him to continue.

Lando huffed and plopped himself next to him, "I just want it to be perfect you know? Like she's this professional songwriter that can make a song out of anything. Like give her a potato and she'll be able to make a song about it. A beautiful and amazing and hit song. And I don't want to embarrass myself. Like I don't want to give her something that is mediocre. Mia deserves the best."

Oscar looked at him, he processed what Lando said. He was understanding him, he nodded and smiled at him, "I think this is your best. And like you said, Noah told you that he will help you. I'm sure he would help you make it as good as you imagined."

The Brit hummed and glanced at his lyrics, "I just hope she'll like it." The Australian chuckled and patted his back, "You know what I think?"

The older driver hummed and motioned for him to continue, "I think whatever you give her, she will love. She will always appreciate what you will give her."

Lando looked at him, a part of him believed that, ever since they were kids, Mia would brighten up at the simplest things he would do. It all started with that simple act of handing her his favorite chocolate. He noticed how her eyes lit up, a huge grin on her face, a faint redness on her cheeks, that was how he knew when she was extremely happy about what he did.

But there was also a part of him that didn't believe him. Amelia Vettel was also hard to please. She knew what was best for her and what she deserved. She would fight for what she needs and wants. Mia was an independent young woman. She knew her standards.

But only if Lando knew. When it came to him, she would lower her standards for him. And she has. Despite knowing what she deserves, she still held onto the hope that Lando would like her back. That he would, even if she would hurt when he would talk about different girls he thought was pretty or someone that caught of his eyes. The pain whenever he would not guess that he songs were about him. But every time, it was okay. Because there was hope that he would one day. And maybe that day was coming soon.