nine

IX. Different

QATAR: October 2023

TWITTER:

➥@fan1000: ahhh mia finally arrived!

@fan1000: ahhh mia finally arrived!

@fan18: it was so weird not seeing her posts or posts of her on media day

@fan190: lan and mia are reunited!

FP1 & 2: Mia was at the McLaren garage as per usual. She was a guest and was welcomed warmly by the team. Her sister on the other hand was at Mercedes. The two have found themselves apart which made Mia more nervous.

It had been a while since Lando and her actually held a conversation. She didn't want to intervene with Kate and Lando didn't seem to mind at all.

As she was waiting, she was just looking around, listening to the familiar noise she has gotten used to. She closed her eyes a bit, feeling the jetlag. Her peace was interrupted by her best friend sitting down next to her.

She didn't have to open her eyes to know it was Lando. The moment she felt someone poke her cheek, she hummed, "Don't be annoying." She said as she finally opened her eyes.

She saw him grinning at her, "I am never annoying to you." Lando said. Mia hummed and looked away from him and to the mechanics checking his car.

Lando's grin dropped, "Mimi..." he trailed. But she did not acknowledge him, "I'm going to kill him." He said. This made her look at him, "Who?" she asked.

He raised an eyebrow at her, "The guy you like. The one you won't tell me even his name." he said with a sigh. But Mia just stared at him, "Let me at him. I can fight you know-"

"Lando." She cut him off. He sighed and grabbed her hand, "I want to protect you from him." He said. Mia just smiled, "It's okay. I'm used to it. Enough about me, where's your girl?"

Lando chuckled, "She isn't my girl. Not yet anyway." He said. She hummed and nodded, "Yeah? When am I going to meet her?"

"Later."

Mia furrowed her eyebrows, "Why later?" she asked. He smiled at her, "Because, tradition." He said as he showed her his helmet. She chuckled and pulled out the sticker, she handed it to Lando.

"Where do you want it?"

She shrugged, "Anywhere you want." She said. Lando looked at her but didn't say anything. Mia wasn't looking at him but at the helmet.