twenty seven

XXVII. Noah

LONDON: November 2023

TWITTER:

Mia didn't know what her best friend planned

Mia didn't know what her best friend planned. All she knew was that he was off to meet someone. She didn't question it, despite the knowing feeling in her chest.

While Mia was emotional and worrying, Lando entered the secluded coffee shop where he walked to the person he was meeting up with.

Noah Clay sitting there, writing on a napkin. As Lando walked to him, the singer looked up, a small smile on his face. He stood up and offered his hand, "Lando, finally." He said.

The driver hummed and nodded, accepting his hand, "Nice to finally meet you Noah." They both sat down, the waitress coming back to take Lando's order.

Once they both settled, they didn't know what to say, they were just sitting there. That was until Noah finally spoke, "I'm sorry if this place is out of your way. I just really wanted to talk to you about Amie."

Amie huh.

Lando gulped but nodded, "If you are going to ask me about permission you don't have to. I'm her best friend and you're a great guy-"

"No."

The driver looked at him confused and Noah sighed, "I just- I don't know if I should be the one to tell you this." He admitted. Lando tried to calm himself down, not wanted to burst out.

"It's not my story to tell." Noah explained.

"Then why am I here? Look, Noah I have too many things to do-"

"Those things more important that Amelia's feelings?" Noah cut him off. Lando who had stood up already stopped and looked at the singer, somewhat annoyed and scared.

"What are you talking about?"

"I think you know." Lando couldn't help it, he let out a scoff, "I wouldn't ask if I knew."

Noah shook his head and just stared at him. Lando didn't want to waste any more time, "What do you want from me?"

"I want you to like her!" Noah finally said. It was a good feeling to let it out. He watched as the driver furrowed his eyebrows and frowned.

The singer shook his head, he gets it now. How stubborn he is. His stubbornness made him blind to see Mia's feelings.

He scoffed, "But if that's too damn difficult for you, then the least you can do is pretend to save her from all this hurt." Noah said.

Lando scowled at him, letting out a bitter laugh, he shook his head. "I am pretending." He admitted.

Noah shook his head, "Well do it better but it hurts seeing her hurt." He argued.

"Okay." Lando said as he ran his fingers through his hair frustratedly, "What do you say I go to her, interrupting her writing session and tell her how much I like her?" he asked.

The singer knew it was rhetorical but he was about to say something but Lando did not let him. "No, no, no, no. It will be good, I can tell her how much I had been thinking about her ever since she met you. That I haven't stopped thinking about her since she first supported me in my first race.

"That I'm so fantastically over the top, throw away everything liking her that for every minute of every hour of every day I can't believe my own damn bad luck that she got to spend days with instead of me!"

Silence. Lando realized what he said, his jaw dropped at his word. "Shit." Lando said.

He knew what he said, he knew what it meant.

Noah sighed and smiled to himself, he stood up as well and faced the driver. "I think you know what to do."

Lando gulped, "I don't know how to do it." Noah chuckled and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Maybe you should try it her way."

"What do you mean?"

"Through a song."

TWITTER:

VOICEMAILS:

VOICEMAILS:

Mimi, I know you're busy but I really need to talk to you.

Mimi, I-I don't know what to do.

Mimi! Are you there!? You might be writing but listen so am I. Well trying. I needed some courage- oh! My drink! Thank you mate.

Mi, please answer me...

Mia didn't know where she was going but the moment she opened her phone after the writing session, she rushed out the door and tried to call Lando.

Trying to see where he ended up. Luckily he tweeted something in his private and the location was on. He was at the private pub they used to go to.

Going inside, she was quick to see him. She sighed and walked to her, waving at the regular bartender, she sat next to him and tapped his hand. Lando looked up, his eyes brightened and his lips smiled, "Mimi."
The girl sighed, "Come on. Zak and Andrea will kill you. You have a flight tomorrow Lan."

"But I want to stay with you."

"I'm going to Abu Dhabi as well Lan."

"Promise?"

"I promise."