seven

VII. Uncle Advice

BRIGHTON: September 2023

INSTAGRAM:

TWITTER:

➥@ameliamia: you and seb took so looong

@ameliamia: you and seb took so looong

      @michelle: not really, you're just impatient

Mia heard the calm dulcent tones of her uncle. She didn't look up though, she knew that her sister and uncle would notice her. They always did.

Currently, her attention was on writing a new song. The tune was made but the words were being played in her head multiple times after her birthday. She could not get them out her head.

The way he sang, the way he looked at her.

She didn't notice her family sit down with her until Mich tapped her hand. Mia looked up and smiled, "Hi." She said, closing the notebook.

It was rule she had learned while growing up. She will not write in front of people (except Lando.) "So, what is this meeting about?" she joked.

Mich chuckled but Seb raised an eyebrow at her, "You running to hide at McLaren on your birthday weekend." He said with a knowing tone. Mia sighed, "I didn't mean to, Lando-"

"We know." Mia and Seb said with smirks on their faces. As the years passed by, they had heard the same words from the two of them, best friends. At first they would try to make them realize but then again, it would not work so they just hope they would figure it out together. But it's been years.

Mich and Seb had watched Mia pour her heart out in songs, her performances, her love onto the thing she does best.

The two were very much worried and they promised not to interfere but right now, they really didn't want to see her like this. Watching from the side. She deserved more than that. Mich knows her sister deserves all the love the world can give. And as much as she adores Lando for her sister, if he cannot give her that, then maybe-

The older sister's thoughts were interrupted with Mia's phone ringing. The younger sister looked at her phone and then to her uncle who was telling her all about his project.

Seb stopped and looked at her, "I know that look. It's Lando isn't it?" he asked. Mich chuckled and took a bite of her sandwich. Mia grinned and nodded, the uncle snickered, "Of course. Go, before it goes to voicemail and he goes crazy." He joked.

Mia chuckled but answered the phone, "Hey."

On the other side of the phone, she could hear him laugh, "Mimi! How's your break?" he asked. Mia could not comprehend where he was, there were no background noise, so she assumed he was home.

"Good. Having lunch with Seb and Mich."

"Hey Lando!" the two greeted making the best friends chuckle. "I can call later-"

"No, it's okay. What's up?" Mia asked as she fiddled with the tassle of her notebook. She heard Lando chuckle, "Is it bad that I miss you?"

"I miss you too Lan." She mumbled. Mich glanced up at her but didn't say anything. She couldn't hear Lando but she could see her sister. The way she was fiddling, pursing her lips, and gripping her phone. It was like Mia had an inkling on what her best friend would say.

"Okay, maybe there's something else." Mia hummed, something Lando took as a sign to continue talking, and he did. But then again, when he did. She wished he didn't.

"I know I should have told you when I first met her but then I wanted to be sure you know? I wouldn't want to waste your time-"

"Wait hold up, her? You met someone?" Mia asked. This time Seb turned to look at her, worriedly. He watched as her eyes travelled around the place, the way she gulped, and how her shoulders sagged.

The man frowned, already seeing this before. You see, when Lando meets someone else, Mia would go on a writing spiral, her way of coping and that would just push her to close up her emotions again.

Lando never noticed it. Something Seb would curse him for silently. But he never intervened, but this time, he will.

As Mia continued to listened to her best friend talk about someone he met. "Oh you have to meet Kate. She's a fan of you actually."

"Oh. Well, maybe we can arrange something but um- I have to go Lando." She muttered.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah."

Once the youngest Vettel hung up the phone, she looked at her family and they frowned. "Again?" Mich asked. Mia scoffed, "It was bound to anyways. Its been months since the last one..."

"But." Sebastian said as he grabbed her hand. "It's the first time he talked about someone like they're the sun and moon. Like he was so happy."

The uncle sighed, "Well, maybe if you tell him now-" "I can't. They're seeing each other, not officially but you know where that leads. I can't."

Mich shook her head, "Always the stubborn one Ames."

The three Vettels stayed quiet. The sounds around them keeping them calm. But it was Seb who cut the silence between the trio, "You know, maybe its time to go and meet new people Ames." He said cautiously.

Mia was about to decline but her sister joined in, "We're not putting you up on a blind date okay. Listen to Seb." She said. Mich knew that she would only listen to her.

Seb gripped Mia's hand, making the singer to look at her, "He's a nice chap. He's a singer too. I'm not making you date him to forget Lando, I think, you just need a new friend."

And Mia knew they were right. As much as she needed Lando, she had to venture off on her own. They have been doing things together for years. Maybe this will do her good.

And just like that, she agreed.

And just like that, she forgotten the song she was writing. A new song popping in her head. A new sad song. Hoping, it would be the last one.