how you get the girl | l. nor...

By nocturnalwriter22

»»----- ★ -----«« her a famous singer that keeps writing about the guy he likes but doesn't like her back and... More

welcome
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five

fourteen

3.5K 76 1
By nocturnalwriter22

XIV. Secret Coffee Spot

BRIGHTON: October 2023

INSTAGRAM:

TWITTER:

@noahclay: but we're not tho??

    @michelle: you and mia at almost 12 midnight is a bad mix

    @ameliamia: its called song hour

@mickschumacher: good luck

    @michelle: you wouldn't say that if you were here

@svpriv: they're getting along :)

    @michelle: they really are

Mia opened the door of her home, she smiled when she saw him standing there patiently. "You ready?" Noah asked. She hummed and nodded, looking back at the apartment, "We're going Mich!"

"Have fun!"

The two had finally decided on meeting up to talk about their collab. Of all the times they met again after the first time, they were meeting as new friends. Getting to know each other. But then Noah had suggested if she wanted to work on a song together.

With that simple question, Mia knew that she was going to say yes. And she knew the perfect place to do it.

So, the singer led the tall young man to where she usually goes to when she was writing. "Tada!"

Noah smiled at her, "Carmela's? I have been here all my life and I did not know this existed." He admitted as he opened the door for her. She chuckled turned to him, walking backwards so she can look at him.

"It was Mich's safe haven. She first found this when it was still small and then it became mine." She explained as she turned forwards again, greeting the person behind the counter.

"Hi Gretta!" she said happily. Noah stood just behind her, smiling at the energy the little human had. "Mia! You're back and with..." she trailed and glanced at the young man behind him.

She leaned forward, "Is he the guy from your songs?" she asked. Mia sighed and shook her head, "No. This is Noah. We'll be working together."

Gretta glanced at Noah and nodded before turning back to the singer, "The usual?" "Yep! Uh- Noah, what would you like?" she asked turning to him.

Noah smiled, "What do you recommend?" he asked Mia. The girl hummed, "Well, I guess I'll go with the safest option first..." she trailed and looked back at Gretta.

"He'll have an iced coffee with milk." She said. Noah chuckled, "You really listened to my rambling huh?" he asked as he leaned on the counter. She shrugged again and smiled at him, "Be lucky I did."

The two found themselves sitting at a small space, they started to talk about life. Just like how they would write when they did it on their own. They were having a hard time doing it together though.

They sat in silence as they tried to write lines separately to see if they will be able to form one song out of them later.

Noah glanced at the girl in front of him. He then remembered the question of Gretta earlier, "Who do you usually write your songs about?" he asked.

Mia looked up and pursed her lips. She leaned on her chair and smiled sadly. "Do you want the truth or part of the truth?" she asked.

He tilted his head, "Whatever you are comfortable with." She hummed and nodded, "Well, because you have been a great friend who have made me feel comfortable." She started.

Her words making him smile. She continued, "My muse if you would like to call that is a guy I have liked for years. Unfortunately, the time was never right, or rather he never really showed that he liked me." She admitted.

Noah hummed and leaned forward, "This guy, is it Lando Norris?" he asked. She raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure you're not a stalker?" she joked.

He chuckled and shook his head, "No. Your sister mentioned him and I am a fan remember." He said. Mia pursed her lips and nodded, she crossed her arms as she looked at the iced coffee and croissant that was one their table.

"Yes. He is."

"And you never told him they were about him?" Noah asked. She chuckled and looked back at her new found friend, "Tell me Noah, when you listened to my songs, how did you interpret it?" she asked.

The tall young man smiled, "Like you were in love, some you were hurt but still in love with the most dense man in the world."

She hummed and nodded, "My uncle always said the same thing. That if Lando really cared he would have noticed because it was clear that it was him."

"Why do you think he never realized?"

"Because he's Lando Norris. It will take him time and that is if he will actually try to pay attention to things. The sad thing about it is, he never really did listen to my lyrics, He was always proud, always supportive, and always listened to them. But he never really sat down and learned them."

Noah frowned, "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"That you had to experience that."

Mia chuckled, "It's okay. We're okay. It's always like that. I got used to it."

The boy shook his head, "Why can't you stop?"

"I don't know..."

They stared at each other. Silence from both sides, just the sound of Gretta working and the passing cars. That was until Noah broke it.

"How about this, you write one last song about Lando Norris."

Mia frowned, "But he's my best friend." Noah smiled and nodded, "I know. I never said to push him out of your life. Just to stop writing about him. Stop him being your muse. Maybe there are more worthy people of being that."

MESSAGES:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 2.8K 56
"I hate you so fucking much" she said in a low voice. "I hate you more than you could imagine" he whispered again. "I am so in love with you Lando"...
782K 25.3K 54
The entire world knows Zhang Yuxin for what she does best - writing love songs. Every single song she puts out is able to relate to someone out there...
527K 13.3K 38
- "you're not saying you're in love with me, but you're going to." or, the one where the music industry's it girl meets F1...
42.4K 678 29
Elena Laurier grew up dreaming of one day becoming a Formula 1 racing driver, but in the unfortunate world of today, participating in such a male-dom...