A Valley of Thorns

By Zoroark-Godorah

This is a story about my oc, Kira Spindle. Kira Spindle is a junior at NRC. She's the girlfriend of Leona Kin... More

The Lion and The Thorn
A Lioness All To Himself
The Lion's Snap
The Lion Cub
An Upset Thorn & An Angered Dragon
The Rose's Apology
A Special Gift
The Grand Vizier's Betrayal
A Surprise from the Future & A Disappearance
The Fairet Queen's Worry
A Secret Best Left Hidden
The Fairest Queen's Snap & Transformation
The Thorn's Weird Tuesday
A Date!? It's Been So Long!
Underworldly Occurances
Seeing the End
The End is Near
Caretaking A Lion In Secret
The Thorn's Snap
The Thorns Crumple into Weeds

The Grand Vizier's Defeat

47 3 2
By Zoroark-Godorah

"Pardon? Where did this come from, Jamil? Have I done something to offend you?" Azul asked, seeing the anger in the vice housewarden's eyes. "You really don't get it? Does the sad look on my face mean nothing to you?" Jamil asked, chuckling. "What...?"

"You made eye contact with me. Fool. The one you behold is your master. When I ask you a question, you will answer. When I give you a command, you will assent. Snake Charmer." Jamil said, using his signature spell. "What?! Gh... My head! Rgh..." Azul said, covering his head with one of his hands. "The pain will last as long as you resist. The sooner you give in and submit, the easier it will be for you. Go on, I'm waiting."

"......" Azul finally stopped making noise. "My master is....you, O mighty Jamil. I await your command, Master." Azul said, looking at Jamil. "Heh... Ha ha... Ha ha ha ha ha! You thought I was a mediocre magician, but you were sorely mistaken—an embarrassing misjudgment for the Housewarden of Octavinelle. But really... Because of you, all my carefully laid plans have gone up in smoke. All I needed was a little more nudging from the Ramshackle visitors, and the students would have kicked Kalim out." Jamil villianously laughed. 

"It was my way of getting Kalim ejected from his position without getting my own hands dirty. Do you have any idea how much painstaking effort I put into laying the groundwork for that? First, you're going to take the twins and go home to the Coral Sea... Wait, hold on. Azul. You returned all your contractually stolen powers back to their original owners recently, right?"

"Yes, master..."

"Tch. So much for using you as my own personal genie of the Lamp. Your signature spell is quite a valuable asset...but it would be hard to keep you controlled long-term." Jamil said, a bit disappointed. "But sir, I remember the contents of the contracts."

"What?" Jamil's eyes widened. "I remember all the secrets of the people I made contracts with. Their troubles. Their weaknesses. Their desires." Azul said, smiling. "What a twisted collection. I can see I made the right call not making friends with you. Does this intellectual cache of yours include Headmage Dire Crowley's secrets?" Jamil asked. "Of course, Master. I know one thing he would never want others to learn."

"Hah... Ha ha ha... That's it. That's it! It's all going to work out! You really are my genie of the lamp, Azul!" Jamil laughed, planning on how to kick Kalim out. "Do you wish to know the headmage's secret?"

"Oh, absolutely. Once I have the headmage's weakness in my grasp, I'll finally be free. I'll kick Kalim out of school and become housewarden myself!"

"Checkmate..." Kira said, appearing along with the others. "And there we have it." Jade said. "So, you finally show your true colors! I bet you thought you were real slick, pullin' the wool over our eyes!" Grim laughed, seeing the true colors of this servant. "How... How much did you hear?" Jamil asked.

"All of it, from start to finish. Your entire conversation from the moment you left the lounge....has been livestreamed to the world from Azul's smartphone." Jade said, showing the smartphone. "WHAT!?" Jamil exclaimed, looking at the phone. 

"Azul's Magicam livestream presently has five thousand active viewers. It's trending online under the topic: "A Certain Magicians' School's Dirty Little Secret." It's your moment in the sun, Vice Housewarden. Naturally, all the dorm students are gathered in the lounge, watching you." Jade added. Two scarabian students walked in, very displeased. "Vice Housewarden Jamil, is everything you just said true?"

"Have you really been deceiving us this whole time?!"

"Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing! You're a fraud, through and through!" Grim said. "Y-you... You've got it all wrong. I..." Jamil stuttered to form words. "Don't even try to talk your way out of this one. The mind control magic you used on Azul is hard evidence! Jamil...It's been you all along. You've been using your signature spell on Kalim and making him throw Scarabia into chaos!" Jade exclaimed. "Gh...! I was trying to avoid escalating matters, but you leave me no choice. Azul, I command you! Subdue and restrain them all." Jamil said, pointing to the others.

"Yes, master..."

"Azul, no. You don't want to do this. Snap out of it." Jade pleaded. "I am Jamil's loyal minion....or at least, you wish I was." Azul laughed, looking back at Jamil. "What!?"

"Jamil, you said the funniest thing to me earlier. Allow me to return the favor. You thought I was an arrogant magician, but you were sorely mistaken. An embarrassing misjudgment for the Vice Housewarden of Scarabia—the dorm that embodies the spirit of mindfulness." Azul said. "What's going on? I know you made eye contact. I had you under control!"

"Oh please. I'm a competent magician. I always prepare for all eventualities before I act. Isn't that right, Floyd?" Azul said, looking at Floyd. "I think you let your guard down a little too soon there, Sea Snake." Floyd said, his voice more deeper. "MRAH! What's with your voice?!" Grim exclaimed, rather shocked at the deep voice coming from Floyd. "That voice is very cool on you, Floyd."

"I signed a contract with Azul and got this rad deep voice for it. Whaddaya think? Do I sound all cool and grizzled now? In return, I offered Azul my signature spell, Bind the Heart." Floyd said. 

"And if you don't know what that spell does, your face is going to crack when you hear this:
It jams an opponent's magic and diverts it elsewhere." Azul added. "You used Bind the Heart to divert the mind control magic!" Yuu exclaimed. "Brilliant deduction, Yuu."

"And after swiping it from Floyd—ah, correction. After taking it as collateral, I used it to evade Jamil's mind control spell. Then I pretended to be his thrall and got Jamil to spill his true intentions as he gloated." Azul said. "I gotta hand it to ya, Azul. You're real dastardly!"

"I prefer to be called an intellectual. At any rate, I quickly deduced that Jamil was the only person Kalim would care about enough to fight back against Jade's signature spell. And that was the underpinning of my whole plan."

"Ja...mil? What is this? What's going on?" Kalim asked, who was beside Kira. "K-Kalim..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Scarlett's room, she had stayed behind since her parents were on a special mission. She was in her room, coding some stuff while also texting her boyfriend, Idia Shroud.

Idia 💕: Hello my lovely soul catcher. How are you doing? 

                                                 Scarlett: I am doing good my fire flame. Sorry I couldn't come with you.

Idia 💕: It's okay, but are you doing okay? Are you safe?

                                                                                          Scarlett: Yes, do not worry. I've just been in my room.

Idia 💕: How have things been at the school?

Suddenly an alert came on Scarlett's computer showing that someone's blot is rising. She quickly looked to see who, it was Jamil. Her eyed widened a bit, before going back to her phone.

Idia 💕: Scarlett!

MY LOVE!

Dear...?

                                                                                        Scarlett: Sorry, I just got an alert. Jamil's blot is rising.

Idia 💕: WHAT! Dear are you gonna be okay!? Just stay in your room, okay?

                                                      Scarlett: It's okay, my fire flame. I'll stay my room and observer there.

Scarlett put her phone down, something inside is telling her to atleast check on them. She turned off her computer and left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Scarabian hallway, "You two, capture Kira. The rest of you, eject Kalim and the Octavinelle guests from the premises!" Jamil ordered, his now hypnotized students. "Yes master..." Two of the students grabbed Kira and stopped her from being ejected like the others. "Kira!" Kalim yelled, before being dragged by other students. "Incredible. He's controlling all these targets at the same time AND making them do separate things! Mediocre, nothing. He's easily one of the top magicians in the entire school, to say nothing of Scarabia!"

"I keep squeezin' em but they keep gettin' back up. Are they zombies or what?!"

"Jamil, please, just stop! You can have what you want! You can be housewarden! I'll go home to my family!" Kalim pleaded. "What? You thought that would work? My spell won't be broken so easily...Kalim. Not as long as you exist in this world, Kalim!" Jamil exclaimed. "Jamil, you're courting danger! If you keep using your signature spell like this, you'll exceed your blot tolerance level and—"

"Shut up! Don't you order me around! I'm through following others' orders! I'm going... TO BE FREE!" Jamil yelled as he is engulfed in black goo. "What in the world? J-Jamil just transformed?!"

"The very air around us is changing. It's just like what happened with Azul..." Jade said "He's overblotted! And right on winter break with no prospects of backup from any corner. This is quite the conundrum." Azul said.

"Oh no..." Kira says as she is unable to use magic without harming the students. "Did he turn into another one of those dark berserkers?!" Grim said. "The negative blot energy is swelling up. Everyone, steel yourselves!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have no need for an incompetant king or a con artist. Your personality flaws give me ADEQUATE cause...To send you packing on a one-way trip to the ends of the earth! WHOOPEEEEE!" Jamil exclaims as he tosses the others far far away. "KIKI!" Reina yelled. "ReiRei..."

"Now to deal with you!" Jamil said as he approaches Kira. "What do you mean...?" Kira nervously asks. "Here..."

Suddenly Kira's dorm uniform is changed to a red dress(the one Jasmine wore). "What are you-AHH!" Kira is then dropped into a giant hour glass. Soon sand starts slowly dropping into where Kira is. "If they're not back when the sand is full of sand then you will die."

"JAMIL!" Kira exclaims as she tries to avoid getting sand in her mouth or eyes. "Let me out! Stop this at once!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bring on the food! Bring on the drinks! Today we celebrate the deposal of the old, useless king, and the crowning of a far more deserving successor! Ahhh, I'm on top of the world. I've got all the magic I could ever want at my fingertips." Jamil exclaimed. Kira is still in the hour glass, the sand reacher her neck now. "J-Jamil..."

Scarlett is hiding behind some furniture, trying to get close to Kira. The hynpotized students started to praise Jamil. "Ha ha ha! Thaaat's it. Go on, keep singing my praises."

"I never realized what a gallant figure you cut..." 

"You oughta LIVE on a throne..." 

"Your intelligence is beyond compare..." 

"There's royalty, and then there's YOU..."

"You look so strong and powerful!"

"I prostrate myself before you."

"Heh, you flatter me... Wait, it's YOU?! I sent you to the ends of this dimension! How did you get back so fast?" Jamil said, finally noticing who said those words. "Kiki...where are you..." Reina whispered. "I filled a dry river with water and we swam back."

"Not that it was a cakewalk, I'll tell ya. I'm pretty worn out!" Floyd pretty mad that he had to swim for a VERY long time. "What?! Tch... Now I see. You used Kalim's signature spell. Hmph. So your little trick had a use after all. And here I'd written it off as a worthless spell only good for watering plants or filling a pool." Jamil exclaimed "Heh. You clearly don't appreciate Kalim's power for what it is, then."

"Jamil... Now I see what you've thought of me all this time. There can be no question now. You're a coward and a traitor!"

Scarlett had succefully got past the students and saw Kira, who was getting fully covered by sand. "Leona...Malleus...Lilia...Silver...Sebek..." Kira slowly says as the sand engulfs her. "Kira!" Scarlett said as she runs over to try and break the glass. "Take this!"

The glass then broke, spilling the sand all over the ground. "Kira?" Scarlett spots her hand and drags her out. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes..." Kira says as she coughs out a lot of sand. "I must get to the others..." Kira slowly gets up and goes to where the others are fighting Jamil. "I'll go back to my dorm, Idia is probably worried about me.

"Jamil!" Kira exclaimed as she confront him. "Y-your dress!" Kalim says, blushing a bit from the stunning dress she is in. "It's time to settle this!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up!" Kira splashes water on Jamil, waking him up. "Ngh... Where am I?"

"Good. You've regained your senses." Azul said. "Mrah... That monster's gonna be hauntin' me in my dreams." Grim said. "J... Jahbeel... WAAAAAAH!" Kalim exclaimed. "Kalim, calm down." Kira said, trying to calm him down. "I-I'm so glad you're alive... Sho glad..."

"Must you always be so dramatic?" Jamil sighed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Grim, Yuu. Isn't that Ace and Deuce running in the distant." Reina asked, noticing the two figures running in the distance."Heyyy! Yuu! Grim!"

"Are you two okay!?" Deuce asked. "Ace? Deuce?" Grim said. "Sheesh, this place is HOT. Feels like summer over here!" Ace huffed and tried to balance himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kira sighed as she layed on Malleus and her's bed in Diasomnia. She decided to return to her dorm to feel more relaxed. Despite her still being in the red dress, she was rather cozy at Diasomnia. Much to Reina's desmay, Kira decided to spend the remainder of her winter beak at Diasomnia.

"Leona and the others aren't gonna like the fact that I nearly died, but that's for when break is over. I need to cool off...: Kira said, as she gets up from the bed. "Maybe I can chill in the bath outside for a bit." Kira enters Diasomnia's courtyard. She undresses herself and relaxes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once winter break ends, Leona has noticed that Kira has been avoiding him lately. He doesn't like when his little kitten ignores him, especially since they were scheduled for extra cuddles after the break.

Leona spots her in the classroom by herself. This is the perfect moment to get her to speak. He thought. He quickly and quietly enters the room, closing the door behind him. "Hm? Who's there?" Kira asked, hearing the door shut. "Hello Kitten~" 

Leona wraps his arms around her. "M-My love!" Kira stutters, seeing the lion's grumpy expression. "Why has my little kitten been ignoring me? You know I hate when you ignore me..." Leona said, grabbing Kira up from her seat and pinning her to the wall. "L-Leona!"

"Shhh..." Leona covers her mouth from speaking. "Now tell me why you've been ignoring me or else...." Leona uncovers her mouth, letting the fae breath. Kira sighed, "Jamil's overblot, I told them to leave out a smal detail..."

"And what is this small detail?"

"I was captured and put into a hour glass, slowly filling up with sand..." Kira said, lowering her head. "....." 

Leona was silent as he wrapped his arms around Kira, very tightly. "Why didn't you tell me..."

"I...didn't wanna worry you." Kira said, as Leona lifts her head close to him. "I'm never letting you out of my sight again." Leona said, as he kisses her. "I will relay this at the meeting, does your dorm know?"

"Yes...that's why I have been in the classrooms waiting until they come and guard me." Kira said, as she is brung in for another kiss, this time more deeper. The lion didn't leave no room for the fae to breath unless he gives her some. "Little Thorn, are you here?"

"Draconia..." Leona said, breaking the kiss apart, leaving their saliva connected. "My my, why is my Little Thorn looking like she is gonna faint." Malleus said. "Why are you here, you Horned B-"

"Leona!" Kira said, covering the lion's mouth. "Calm down, my lovely lion." Kira places her head on his chest. "For once I'll let him slide, but only for my kitten." Leona wraps his arms around her waist in a protective way.

"Why are you here, Malleus?" Kira asked. "Shouldn't Sebek or Silver have comed?"

"They're currently busywith their club, since you are apart of mine, I personally went to get you." Malleus said. "I gotta go, Leona." Kira said, seeing the grumpy lion. "Fine, but be safe."

"She's always safe with me, Kingscholar." Malleus said, grabbing Kira gently by the wrist. "What am I gonna do with you two.." Kira said, giggling.

To Be Continued....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 4K 51
After a one night stand with an irresistible Marine who's seen your sins & knows your secrets.. Now he's on your doorstep.. You should have known you...
144 1 11
In celebration of Book 6 finally being released on the English servers, I have a book for my favorite boy, Idia Shroud! Should mention, I have this a...
67.7K 1.4K 30
!I do not write smut nor do I own any of the characters that are mentioned! This will be ONLY TWST x male reader, there will be some exceptions for G...
11K 263 5
Twisted Wonderland's cast realizes that (Yuu) is a girl. - WIP > Reviewing a couple of things in the text - Platonic relationships with a sprinkle o...