The Lion and The Thorn

In the Botanical Gardens, Kira and her boyfriend, Leona Kingscholar were cuddling with each other. Leona suddenly felt someone step on his tail, he growled which caught the attention of Kira. "Hey! You got some nerve steppin' on my tail and just walkin' away!"

"Leona, my love. Please calm down." Kira placed her hand on Leona's chest. "Are you the groundskeeper? Not sure you oughta be talkin' to students that way, pal." Grim said. Kira giggled before hopping into the tree. "Ain't nothin' worse than bein' in the middle of a good nap and havin' some jerk step on your tail."

"I am so sorry!" Yuu said, grabbing Grim. "You must be the Child of Man. It's a pleasure to meet you." Kira said, appearing upside down from the tree. "Nahhh! Where'd you come from!?"

"Hello, I am Kira Spindle." Kira smiled and waved. Leona starts to sniff, "Huh. It's true. You don't smell of magic at all. Well, can't say it'd be much fun to hurt someone so helpless. Still gonna do it, though." Leona laughed. "I dunno what's up with this guy, but when he looks at me, it makes every follicle of fur stand on end..."

"No one gets to stomp on my tail and just walk away without payin' the price. I'm in a bad mood on account of bein' woken up from my nap, too. That's gonna cost you a tooth" Leona said, ready to kick. 

Before he could kick however, "Leona! There you are!"

"Oh. Hi Ruggie!" Kira hopped from the tree and into Leona's arms. "Hello Little Lioness. I knew I'd find you here, Leona! We got after-school classes today, remember?"

"Ugh... And now I've got this guy on my tail..."

"Leona, you've already had to repeat one year. If you get held back again, we'll be in the same grade!" Ruggie exclaimed. Kira looked at Leona, who sighed. "Hrmph... Next time you stink up my territory, there's gonna be a price to pay, herbivores!"

The two walked off with Leona having Kira in his arms. "Little Lioness, your dorm has been wondering where you are. I would recommend going to them so they don't panic."

"Alright. Thanks Ruggie! I have to leave now, my love. I'll give you extra cuddles when I return." Kira said, rubbing Leona's cheeks. Leona giggled, "Alright, Kitten. Stay safe."

"I will. Now, would you mind letting me down?" Kira asked. Leona gently put her down, but not before kissing her. "Remember, you are mine, Kitten."

"I know that and you remember that you'll always be first in my mind, no matter what your family thinks."

Once Ruggie and Leona walked away, a familiar figure appeared from behind a tree. "Malleus, sweetheart. I knew you'd be watching."

"Little Thorn, come here." Malleus said, pulling Kira close to him. "You and Leona need to stop getting jealous of each other. You know that I both love you equally."

"I know that, but I can't help, but get jealous. I miss you when you're not with me." Malleus said, picking Kira up. Compared to Malleus and Leona, Kira was little. She may be the same age as Malleus, but she has stayed 4'8 for a long time now.

Malleus kissed her and the two shared a long, passionate kiss. "I came to tell you that we have class together." 

"Alright, my love. Thank you for telling me that." Kira smiled and rested her head under Malleus's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Riddle's overblot, Kira was sleeping on Leona's chest while he and Ruggie were talking. "Awww, sounds like those Heartslabyul twits are having some kind of feast today. Must be nice. How come Savanaclaw doesn't have any traditions that involve eating lots of free food?"

"Bah, it's a beautifully sunny day and they're stuffing their faces with cookies and cake? Grossin' me out over here. Anyway, Ruggie. You know that's not what I'm here to ask you about."

"Hm?" Kira opened her eyes slightly, she wanted to overhear what they were talking about. "Ah, that. Just leave it to me, Boss. All the preparations are proceeding smoothly!" Ruggie giggled, his eyes caught with Kira's. He winked which signaled that he wouldn't tell Leona that she was awake. "Then those fools won't be happily guzzling tea for much longer. That goes double for that snob Malleus. They got no idea what's comin'..."

Kira's ears lowered as she closed her eyes, "Heh heh. Ah ha ha ha ha ha!" Leona laughed, which made Kira whimper. "Hm? Kitten, are you okay?"

"Sorry, your laughing woke me up." Kira said, looking at Leona. "Sorry, Kitten. I'll be more quiet. Go back to sleep please."

Kira smiled and closed her eyes. Leona smiled back and rubbed her head with his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time for the October interdorm Spelldrive tournament, Kira and Leona were sleeping in the gardens. Ruggie had just got back from getting Leona and Kira's lunch, "Leooona! Lunch is served, my friend!"

"...Is it noon already?"

"Don't tell me you've been asleep all morning! You're going to fail more of your core classes!" Ruggie exclaimed. Kira perked her ears up before opening her eyes. "Mmm...what's with all the noise.." 

"You woke my kitten up..." Leona growled before sniffing, "Smells like you actually got what I asked ya for!" Leona smiled and looked down at Kira. He lifted her up so that she was sitting on his lap while her head rested comfortably on his chest. "Did you also get what my kitten wanted?

"Hers was easy, but must you always request the most popular item on bakery day? Anyway, here: one deluxe grilled cheese and an iced tea. I got Kira, her chicken sandwich."

"Are ya braindead? The fact that it's hard to get is exactly what makes me want it so bad!" Leona said, opening the sandwich and taking a bite. Kira opened hers and ate a bite as well. She enjoyed the taste and her ears perked up very high. "I'll eat anything, so long as it isn't moldy, but as a prince, I doubt you could relate, Your Highness."

"Hmph. It ain't like I'm first in line for succession. I'm second, so I probably won't ever be king. I'm practically a commoner, really."

"That reminds me of the time you mistook a picture of my family's home for a doghouse." Ruggie said. "Did you really do that, babe?" Kira titled her head with adorableness. "He really did. I wish my perspective was so warped from a life of luxury."

"Nah, the royal life stinks, honestly. All that matters is the order of your birth. Hard work and talent basically mean nothin'." Leona then finished his sandwich, "Here, Kitten. You can have my iced tea."

"Thank you, boo boo." Kira then drank the iced tea. She drank it while resting her head on Leona's chest. "Oh, by the way, there's a housewarden meeting after school today about the Spelldrive tournament. Please try to actually show up."

"Ugh. What a headache."

"As the housewarden, you get the biggest room in the dorm. You could at least make a token effort to do the corresponding job." Ruggie said, he gave Kira a pat on the head. "All right already. Fine. Stop whinin'.  Ahhh... Now that my belly's full, I'm ready for another snooze. Wake me after lunch break is over." Leona then laid back down on his pillow. Kira sat up and stayed on his lap to drink the ice tea. "He's out already. Enjoy your drink, Little Lioness. However, that weasel in the cafeteria and his freshman friends... Where have I seen them before?"

"They were the ones that looked for the chestnuts, remember?" Kira said, smiling as she finished her drink. "Thanks, Little Lioness!"

Kira smiled, she finished her drink before laying down on Leona's chest. Leona placed his hand over her in a very protective way. "What cute lovebirds."

To Be Continued....