The Lion Cub

"Child of Man, are you awake?"

"...Huh?" Yuu said, waking up in the school infirmary. "Hello, at the start of the second half, Grim threw the disc right at your noggin and knocked you out. You don't remember?" Kira said, tilting her head. "I was tryin' to steal our victory with a shot from way downfield..."

"You amateurs gotta work on your disc control." Jack said, walking into the room. "I'm just glad you're awake. You were out so long that I was starting to worry the hit had caused some real damage." Deuce said. "Yeah, you even missed the closing ceremonies! They're taking everything apart right now."

"Which dorm won?"

"The grand champion was Diasomnia House." Leona said, wrapping his arms around Kira. The fae giggled and rested her head. "In the end, there was nothing we could do...It certainly didn't help that we took a beating from every other dorm on the way to the finals. What a miserable tournament this year was."

"The tournament could've gone better." Luna said, she was wolf like Jack. She and Jack started dating two weeks after Riddle's. "Tch... Bein' stuck in an infirmary bed for anything other than a mid-day nap is about as lame as it gets." Leona said, he picked Kira up to hold her.

"And what's worse? Not a single Diasomnia student ended up here." Ruggie exclaimed. "I'd heard the rumors, but man, seeing Diasomnia's housewarden in action... That dude does NOT mess around." Deuce said. Kira smiled, "Malleus is indeed amazing."

"Hmph..."

"Jealous, my darling?" Kira said, giving Leona a kiss on the cheek. "Now I get why everyone thinks he's invincible. I can't even imagine taking him down." Ace said. "You've let him beat you before you even face him. I haven't, though. Next year, I'm taking Diasomnia down. And I'll win by givin' it everything I got." Jack exclaimed. "Does "everything" happen to include your capacity for evil?"

"That doesn't sound like remorse to me."

"Remorse? Who says I gotta have remorse? I'm givin' next year's tournament all I got, too. And I am gonna do whatever it takes to win." Leona said, he gave Kira a kiss on her forehead which made the fae very happy. "Shyeheehee! There's the Leona I remember."

"I can already tell this isn't gonna end well."

"Next year, I wanna be in the tournament for real!" Grim exclaimed. "We need to practice so we can make the cut too." Deuce said, looking at Ace. "Yeah, no kidding. No way do I wanna embarrass myself in Grim's kiddie league again."

"Unca! There you are! I finally found you!"

"Cheka?" Kira whispered, she recognized that cub anywhere. "Myah? What's a kid doin' here?"

"Unca Leona! Auntie Kira!" Cheka said, smiling at his uncle and aunt too. "Baaah. The screech box found me." Leona sighed, Kira smiled and got down from being held. ""Unca" Leona...and "Auntie" Kira...?"

"That furball's my brother's son, Cheka. You know...my nephew." Leona said, Cheka ran up and wanted to be held by Kira. She smiled and held him up. "Your nephew?!"

"Yes, he's the next in line for the throne. He calls me "auntie" because I am with Leona." Kira said, letting Cheka play with her ears. "I saw you play, Unca! You were so cool! Next time I visit, teach me how to play!"

"Fine, fine. Just stop screamin' in my ear. Where're all your attendants? They gotta be tearin' their hair out lookin' for you!" Leona said, watching Kira play with Cheka. "So...the source of all Leona's anguish..."

"Is this innocent angel?"

"The kid sure seems to love everything about him and you too, Kira." Grim said. "Shut up, all of you! And stop gawkin' at us!" Leona exclaimed, a bit irritated. "So when are you coming home to see us, Unca? Next week? And when's the next time after that? Did you read all the letters I sent you?"

"Cheka, Leona will be back for the holidays— Ow! That hurts! Get off my stomach please!" Kira exclaimed, Cheka was now hugging very tightly on Kira's stomach. "Cheka! Get off her stomach please."

"He's riding Kira like a horse!" Jack exclaimed. "Pffft... Ah ha ha ha! This is priceless! So THIS is why you never want to go home to visit your family!" Ruggie laughed. "Are you all Unca Leona's friends?"

"Heh heh. Yeah, sure we are! We're your Unca's besties! Ain't that right, "Unca Leona"?" Ace said, smirking. "U-Unca Leona...! Ahaha—OWWWWW! Argh, it hurts so much when I laugh..."

"Go ahead, laugh it up. I'm gonna remember this!" Leona said, trying to get Cheka off Kira. "I love you, Auntie Kira!" Cheka said, smiling. "You sure do—OW! Please don't squeeze tightly!"

To Be Continued....