Forbidden Salvation

De soyartexo

Book One in the "Alcaraz Duet" π“π‘πž πŒπ¨π› 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 π“π‘πž π„π§πžπ¦π²'𝐬 π–π’πŸπž Lucia Alcaraz has... Mai multe

Author's Note / TW
Character Introduction
Chapter 1 - Assurance
Chapter 2 - Wedding Invitation
Chapter 3 - Back To Reality
Chapter 4 - In Peace
Chapter 5 - Practice
Chapter 6 - Black Card
Chapter 7 - Good Morning
Chapter 8 - His Assistant
Chapter 9 - Ace
Chapter 10 - Not A Good Wife
Chapter 11 - Gelato
Chapter 12 - Breath of Fresh Air
Chapter 13 - Plan B
Chapter 14 - I Don't Know
Chapter 15 - Ghost
Chapter 16 - Power Out
Chapter 17 - Explanations
Chapter 18 - Hotel Room
Chapter 19 - Sunflower Field
Chapter 20 - Trust Me
Chapter 21 - Sunflower
Chapter 22 - Flour
Chapter 23 - Sweet
Chapter 24 - Horror Movie
Chapter 25 - Fairytale
Chapter 26 - I'm Bored
Chapter 27 - One and Only
Chapter 28 - Red Lipstick
Chapter 29 - Leave It All Behind
Chapter 30 - Unforgettable
Chapter 31 - Marco.
Chapter 32 - Godfather
Chapter 33 - Pain Tolerance
Chapter 34 - Our Daughter
Chapter 35 - Business Card
Chapter 36 - A Promise Is A Promise
Chapter 37 - Her Name
Chapter 38 - Terms of Endearment
Chapter 39 - Just Like His Father
Chapter 40 - Men Have Needs
Chapter 41 - Knife To The Throat
Chapter 42 - The Truth
Chapter 43 - A Trick
Chapter 44 - Burner Phone
Chapter 45 - Simple As A Divorce
Chapter 46 - Pull The Trigger
Chapter 47 - Its Okay
Chapter 48 - Repay You
Chapter 50 - Put Through Enough
Chapter 51 - Promise Me
Chapter 52 - First Word
Chapter 53 - Fairytale Wedding
Chapter 54 - Lights Out
Chapter 55 - Melted Candle
Chapter 56 - Empty Beach
Chapter 57 - It's A Dream
Chapter 58 - The Price
Chapter 59 - Free Woman
Chapter 60 - Formal Introduction
Chapter 61 - My Husband's Funeral
Chapter 62 - Dahlia
Chapter 63 - The Perfect Wedding
Chapter 64 - Her Dreams
Epilogue - Lucky Idiot

Chapter 49 - Envelope of Truth

379 9 18
De soyartexo

I feel myself get nervous every step that I take toward the front desk of the hospital.

I make my mind go blank as I try to stay as calm as possible.

"Hello, how can I help you?" An older woman at the desk asks me.

"I'm here to pick up the results for a DNA test."

"I need your name and an identification." She tells me, clicking some things on her computer.

"Marco Bianchi." I pull out my wallet to hand her my ID.

She briefly checks it before handing it back and typing some more things into the computer. I wait a few seconds before she speaks up again.

"I'll go get your results. It will only be a minute." She stands leaving as I nod.

"Dr. Alcaraz a patient left this for you." I hear the other woman at the desk speak. I look beside me when hearing the name only to see Catalina Alcaraz take a folder from her.

"Thank you, Yaretzi." Catalina opens the folder taking a quick scan of it.

Fuck, I didn't know this was where she works at which only means this hospital is owned by her family.

Feeling my stare Catalina turns to look at me in surprise.

"Mr. Bianchi here are your DNA results." I look away from her at the sound of the lady that is helping me.

"Thank you." I take the envelope from her immediately turning around to leave but I am stopped by Lucia's sister before I can take another step.

"Marco, glad to see that you're okay." She keeps her eyes on the envelope in my hand.

"Thank you." I take advantage of this opportunity. "Catalina, I want you to tell me something."

She finally looks me in the eyes at my words. "What can I help you with?"

"I know that you are the only person that Lucia trusts with her life. So before I open this envelope, if you know the truth tell me now. Is Dahlia my daughter?" I stare into her brown eyes. awaiting an answer.

She looks at the envelope in my hand once more before lightly sighing. She lightly nods. "She is your daughter."

I fight a smile.

"Before you go and get mad at Lucia, please understand that she had her reasons. She loves you and she would never hurt the people she loves without a good motive for it. Try to understand her." She looks down at her expensive gold watch.

"I only told you because you were going to find out either way." She says referring to the results in my hand.

"I have to go but please listen to her. I can assure you she has an explanation for everything." Catalina seems to be worried about me finding out. What is going on?

"Marco, don't try to take her away from Lucia. That little girl means the world to my sister, and she is her only light and happiness through this darkness she is trapped in. Lucia would probably die without her."

I look at Sophie who gives me a small smile. It's been a few days since she attempted to take her own life. We're at a mental hospital where she will get the best treatment. It is what she decided on and I respected her wishes along with Tatiana who was informed about all of this.

"Thank you for being here for me." She takes my hands, lightly squeezing them.

"I promise that Parker will be okay and well taken care of. He will be waiting for you when you come out."

"You're so sweet and kind. I don't deserve this from you. Eric doesn't deserve a woman like you by his side either. You deserve the world." She starts tearing up causing her to hug me.

I hug her back tightly. "Everything will be okay." I assure her, rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

"Thank you." She pulls back. "Thank you for everything you have done for me."

"Sophie Alexander." Her name is suddenly called out.

"It's time." She whispers, letting go of my hands.

I give her a reassuring look with a warm smile. She lightly waves at me, and I wave back. I don't leave until I see that she is gone and well.

__

I have decided to go on a walk to clear my mind from everything that has been happening.

I got in contact with Tatiana earlier in the morning before I accompanied Sophie to the hospital. She agreed to come to the house a little later to talk. She's also very excited to meet her grandson. I can already tell she's going to love him.

Clara and Rose offered to help me look after the little boy. I took up the offer since I sometimes leave the house and when Dahlia returns to me, I won't have enough attention to give to the both of them. They're both still little and need as much care as possible so I am taking any help that is offered.

I'm actually going to go visit my baby girl later. I miss her and I feel so incomplete without her. It feels like torture to my heart being distanced from her, but I keep in mind that it is for her own safety.

I have discovered a new walking trail near this new house. It is also a forest trail just like the one at the old house. I love trails like this because they're so beautiful and peaceful. I love to listen and look at nature when. It brings me such a sensation of serene. I haven't gone on a walk alone in quite a while. It's usually Dahlia who accompanies me.

I stop in my steps when I see a man ahead. Pleasant memories come to me when seeing him. It's like he knew I would take a walk today and has been waiting for me. I feel so relieved and glad to see that he is okay.

I stand in front of him a few seconds later ready to ask questions. The way he looks at me isn't his usual way of looking at me though. He looks hurt. I can see very clearly in his eyes.

"When were you planning on telling me that Dahlia is my daughter?"

My heart drops. "Ace-"

"Don't tell me anymore lies and don't hurt me any longer. What is going on, Lucia?" He gently takes my cold hands in his warm ones to softly kiss them.

"If you don't speak, I will go into that house and take you and my daughter with me. You both belong with me, by my side." He seems angry but he isn't reacting as badly as I thought he would.

"No-" I sigh, deciding to just speak up. I'm putting everyone at risk for doing it but maybe he will understand maybe even help.

"How about we talk somewhere else? I promise that I will tell you everything." I look him in the eyes so that he knows that I am being serious.

It takes him a few seconds to give in. "Fine."

__

I went to the house to change immediately after seeing Ace. I then went to my parents' home and picked up Dahlia. I told them that I was going shopping with her and that I would be back later. In reality I think it is time that she meets her father.

I take Dahlia into my arms from her car seat, and I close the car door before locking the vehicle. I walk into the restaurant with her in my arms as a waiter leads outside to the patio where it has a clear and beautiful view of the sea.

I immediately spot Ace waiting, staring out into the deep blue ocean. The waiter leaves and I walk toward him with a small smile on my face. I've waited so long for this that I can't contain myself from my excitement. It is all I have ever wanted for way too long.

"Hello." I speak to get his attention.

He instantly looks at me and then at the little girl in my arms. He smiles. It's a big and beautiful smile that I haven't seen in so long. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

"Dahlia." I look at my baby to get her attention.

She smiles at me, and I smile back as Ace stands from his seat.

"Look." I face her towards her father, and she immediately gives him the biggest and most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

"Papa." I say as I point to him.

Ace stands there not being able to take his eyes off of her. "Can I hold her?" He asks, looking at her with so much love.

"Of course you can. You don't have to ask." I hand her to him.

He holds her gently in his arms before taking a seat in his chair as I take a seat across from him. I then stare and admire them. They look so beautiful together. It feels so good to see the two people I most love in this world finally being together. Ace is saying some things to her in Italian, and she has her eyes fixated on him. It's like she understands who he is and already loves him. It makes my heart feel so full to see them like this.

Ace gives her kisses on her cheeks, and she giggles, his facial hair probably tickling her.

"I'm your papa, okay? I love you and I will always love you, little flower. Papa will always be here for you." His eyes have a glimmer to them as he looks at her.

"Thank you for bringing her and not keeping her away from me." Ace suddenly looks at me as he calls over a waiter to ask for a chair for Dahlia. The man then brings the chair and I thank him as Ace puts our daughter in it.

Our daughter. It sounds so beautiful to say.

We order some food and when the man has left Ace finally looks at me for answers.

"Before I start, please believe me when I say that I am sorry. I didn't want for any of this to happen." I start and he nods wanting me to go on.

"When I broke things off, I didn't know that I was pregnant. I found out until after. Eric had found out about us and threatened me into not seeing you any longer."

"What did he threaten you with?" He questions. "Why didn't you just come to me so that I could have helped you?"

"He threatened me with killing you and my entire family." I inform him. "I know what he is capable of so I was afraid."

He sighs reaching over the table for my hands.

"Eric found out about my pregnancy because he had someone follow me when I went to see Catalina. They somehow got the results for the tests I took and the checkup I got from one of the doctors there. He then threatened me again so that I wouldn't tell you about Dahlia. He said he would kill her and then he switched to taking her away. He assured me that I would never see her again or find her and I couldn't risk that." I look over at my beautiful daughter.

"Those are the reasons I've kept quiet. I swear that I never intended to cause any harm to you. I did it all to protect you, my family, and our daughter." I look back at him.

"He even tried to make me think that he had killed her a few weeks ago. It's the reason why she has been staying with my mother. I don't trust Eric and I never have."

Ace stands from his seat, letting go of my hands. He walks around the table and takes a seat in the chair beside me. I then feel him put an arm around my shoulder as he gives me a kiss on the side of my head.

I look up at him to see his soft brown eyes. "I forgive you and I understand why you did what you did." He kisses me on the forehead.

I lean my head against his shoulder as he looks over at our little girl. It's now that I notice he still wears the watch I gifted him. I would have thought he threw it away or burned it a long time ago.

"I promise you both that I will save you very soon. We will be a happy family, and no one will separate us again." He watches as Dahlia takes hold of one of his fingers with her small hand.

_________________________________

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

241K 3.7K 57
[Not edited] Alex Dalton a Mafia boss who owns the biggest mafia in the US. He is cold, ruthless and heartless. His job consists of killing, selli...
584K 16.5K 70
𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖐 π–™π–œπ–” ~ π–™π–π–Š π–•π–π–”π–Šπ–“π–Žπ– π–˜π–Šπ–—π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ Phoenix was utterly, irrevocably, wildly in love with her dangerous Mob Boss. Moreover, she lov...
25.6K 449 22
Alyona had trust issues with relationships, due to her last relationship with her ex. That day Ivan, Enzo's father sent them both to go do a mission...
841K 70K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...