Mail Crystal's Adventurer

By Otar3000

2 years ago he would've just run away but not this time. After what Steven and Garnet did for him and his hom... More

First Time(Here we're in new bright future)Ch1
Thank You Chapter 2
Awkward flushed Ch3
Big Old Universe Ch 4
True kind of Love Ch 5
Kiss Back Ch6
Moon is a beautiful star ch7
Best Friends in Fancy writing ch8
Romance Dawn Ch9 (DayColors)
Love's Fusion Ch10
Garmie Alternative ch11
Cover in dark forest Ch12 pt1
The Unexpected Everything Ch12 pt2
Incredible Gems Ch12 Pt3
Fist And Sword Ch12 pt4
Words and actions Ch12 pt5
Stubborn Fate Ch14
Guidance Counsilor Ch15
Recent Buddies Ch16
homeworld timeline ch17
Red Orange Is The New Black ch18
Past History/ Future Mystery/ Present Gift Ch19
Did I miss something? Ch 20 pt 1
Car connection ch 20 pt 2
NEW GUEST CH21
Bluebird Attacks
Safety is fun
Snow Day Eve
Bluish Angels
Lil Graduation gone bad
Pair of Gardeners
Mean and brute
Fish on the surface
Homeworld Azurite
Azurite vs Cymophane/Alexandrite
Azurite vs Amazonite
Like Nothing Happened
Take your care
New Part
No such thing as the good war, right...?
Sweet dreams an/or unpleasant nightmares
Some big changes
Casual Business
Stevonnie's Nightmare
Propose I
Propose II
Propose III
Propose IV
Invention I
Invention II
Invention III
Visit I
Visit II
Visit III
Familial Ties
Painful Anger
Hidden Danger
Jaspinel
The less you know the better (?)
Ticking Time
Lil' White Lies
New Arrivals
Like Siblings
So far so good
Spinel 's Party Panic Overlook
Calm before storm Pt 1.
Calm Before Storm pt 2. Rose Petals
Calm before storm pt 3 - Swollen Psyche
Sweet Pirates
BitterSweet Thoughts
Laugh Time is about to stop
only surrender after bloodshed
Treason and Intifada
Adam Butch - Anti Light
From coup to chaos
Weak turned extremist - Power corrupts
Damien Rampant
vying for survival
Nothing left?
A last hope?!
Little Misery
No Exit

Feeling Missing

11 2 0
By Otar3000

One two, one two, he’s coming for you...

One two three four better lock your door...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
3rd pov

From celebration of unity to the day of rage.

The old adversaries took rebellious sides to take revenge, not accepting defeat.

And new adversaries emerged from faces of individuals believed to be friends...

One such went from a hardworking dreamer to a mass murderer.

What’s being left of him was becoming more and more unhinged by the minute though the entity doesn’t see it in it’s arrogance and lust for blood.

His sight was now set on 4 directions : Steven, Garny, White Diamond, and Moonstone...

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Garny – Where is he? Where is Jamie? I can’t find him anywhere! Has he been caught!? Is he okay?

Her mind was worried if he got crushed under that huge tower piece that crashed into the Palace. She hoped her master was okay, she couldn’t rest if she doesn’t find out for sure.

“SNEEPLE STAND BACK!”

She sees a gassed human still screaming and running from an enemy gem.

She immediately goes after the gem, poofing it with her gauntlets and saving the yellow haired human.

A part of her knows that neither can she abandon her master’s friends... he wouldn’t approve of that. So she grabbed that blonde and took him on her shoulders, doing her best not to get annoyed by his rambling...

She took a minute to examine the toxic gas, it drives organic beings mad rather quickly...

But not gems... or so it is currently...

If Jamie also inhaled it, he may now be just running aimlessly somewhere...

She then hears something...

It sounded like steps, someone’s running to her...

Except from where?

The sound was getting louder and she didn’t know where it comes from.

Preparing her gauntlets, she eyes any visual changes.

But that’s not all, she feels extreme danger lurking around ....

“Who are you!?”

The question echoed throughout the hall with no answer yet.

She did hear a disturbing laughter

Echoes made it hard to find the source.

Garny looks at the human she saved, and concluded that first she had to get him to safety before confronting whomever it was.

So she turns and rushed to the ship of Off-Colours.

Priorities straight.

She coughs a few times as she passed the gas. Such a low tactic. Looks like they don’t have full confidence in their win.

To her surprise, she got blindsided by a jasper gem who lunged at her, pushing her against the wall.

 “Sorry to do this but this time it’s you that will go to the bubble!”

Caught off guard,  the gem hits her in the stomach area hoping to end it quickly.

“I... advise you to leave before I-“

Not listening, she kept hitting again. Normally she’d have a better composure but...

Something was wrong, she could feel the rage building...

Unfortunately the gem messed with wrong Garnet.

Not seeing how her hand moved, a slicing was heard

The attacker froze in place... and Garny’s eyes widened

Her gauntlet... it went through the gemstone...

“No...”

The gem’s form dissapeared as the pieces dropped on the floor.

“...No... no...”

She looked scared...

“Why couldn’t you just listen to me?!”

She did it again... Didn’t she?

“Well isn't that just great...”

Garny looks towards the source in panic.

No one must see this.

Unfortunately it was exactly one whom she didn’t want this to be seen by.

“It’s not easy to abandon your roots... but haven’t I taught you better?”

She tries to regain composure.

“I... I didn’t do that on purpose, master. I simply wished to protect your friend here”

“And there we go again...”

She finds him behind her after that. He was quicker than before.

“Everyone has a desire to be their own leader... but their instincts will always call for an order from the outside”

He then grabbed her by the face dragging her down on her knees, making her look into his eye.

Her vision blurred, the visuals around Jamie emanate danger

“You could’ve simply pushed her away. You were strong enough... you honestly want me to believe that?”

“Jamie, I promise it won’t happen again!”

He then pushed his hands right through her form...

“Previously when we fought, I beat you with my speed... now with my strength “

Catching and absorbinh her gemstone for later, he then goes grabbing the human she rescued...

“I’ll deal with you later”

He looked over at the guy... pondering if he should kill him right then and there... or should he let others do it? So much overthinking that annoy.

“...Ronaldo was it...You are quite a prophet...”

Judging from his memories, the human predicted what happened over the years...

“AAAH! DARK SPACE IS ALIVE!?”

He then sprays something in his face forcing him to drop Ronaldo.

His rage cracked walls around

“Why you insignificant little-“

Then there came sound waves knocking him away...

“Ronaldo!! Glad to see ya buddy! Come on we have to leave!”

“Lars!? Lars!! I’ve seen darkness with a face!”

Lars – Wha? Heh good old Ronaldo! Come on the ship’s waiting to get us home!

Contemplating the chase, he decides not to. On earth his play already started. They have nowhere to run.

“They’ll be so surprised when they find out...it’s not surprising though that even such a small town has so many people with different types of repressed trauma. Living beings of light are quite easy to break”

Speaking of breaking points, he then sees Steven from afar... not just yet, he had to admit the child has resilience. So close to fall apart, yet still far from collapsing.

“It doesn’t matter, if anything that only makes it worse. The longer he holds, the more painful the fall will be”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Watching White Diamond struggle in a fight, Nora wanted to jump in to help. But she needed Steven to come to his senses and help Yellow too.

Nora – Steven come on, get your head in the game. Our friends count on us!

Steven – Hahaha yeah our friends... count on us... nope only on you... I’m just gonna burden you.

Nora – Steven what you going on about! Mr Universe needs help! My parents out there are in danger! Don’t tell me you forgot how to fight!?

Steven then pushed himself off of Nora.

Steven – Well why do we have to fight!? We can’t solve everything with fists!!

Nora – I understand but this is bloodbath now.

Steven – That’s why can’t fight! It’ll escalate!

Nora – NO! That’s why we HAVE to fight! How worse can it already get?! You don’t have to help everyone, you can’t fix everything!

Steven then glows up pink as cracks appear in the ground.

“NO NO NO YOU DONT GET IT! I HAVE TO FIX EVERYTHING! I HABE TO MAIE EVERYONE BETTER! IT’S MY MOM THAT DONE ALL OF THIS MESS! AND I AM MY MOM AND SO I HAVE TO FIX THIS! I HAVE TO OKAY?! SO CAN YOU ALL JUST STOP FIGHTING”

His eye turning dark pink, he hits down hard into the ground then there’s a massive explosion engulfing the entire hallroom,  turning everything nearly upside down.

But his words certain people did hear.

Nora shapeshifted into an Eagle and flew away before the explosion happened so she avoided her gem getting cracks

She then went over to Steven unable to understand what was happening to her childhood friend, one she saw as a little brother... one who was so sweet...

Is it his teenage anxieties? Did that time came? But why does his eye look like that then?

She again looked at destruction he made. The fighting sounded less now, although not for long.

“Did you do this?”

Steven growled at her question

It got repeated over again except this time, it was from a different voice. One Steven didn’t like to hear.

“Did you do this again , starlight?”

Steven glares at White Diamond who made it to them, visibly dissapointed.

There’s also signs of doubt on her face.

Steven – DONT. Call me that. That’s not who I am!

Pink glowing on his body wasn’t in his favour as White Diamond remembered how Pink’s previous outburst ended up.

White - *sighs* I’ve seen you out of control once, Pink. And you’ve tore the Homeworld in pieces. I was hoping you’ve dealt with that but I suppose it’s my misstep.

White Diamond them also began to glow up, growing up back into her previous size as well. Nora and Steven didn’t like that.

White – I should not have listened to you.

Nora – Wait what are you going to do!?

White – What I should’ve done. Operation Peaceful Gems failed, therefore I have no choice to resort to my previous methods. Control is more preferable than chaos.

That moment Steven’s eyes widened in shock

“You didn’t change at all didn’t you liar?!”

An outside voice abruptly interrupted Steven’s frustration

“You are one to talk about liars”

Nora and Steven find a third person standing beside them. His hair and voice were familiar but not his appearance.

“When you teach someone you ignored about something you contradicted yourself later, what does that make you?”

White – Another human? Well be where you are this carnage will all be over soon!

But then something interfered with her abilities as a strong frequency invaded her being.

Steven could feel it too, he knew this sound.

REJUVENATOR MACHINES!

“Quite a useful tool... told you she’d turn against them”

Then there came out Citrine, holding an electric gauntlet which appears to be emanating the frequency.

White was screaming out energy sparks as she struggled against mind control...

Citrine – Hmph I’d be dissapointed if you were easy to control, Supreme Commander. As for you, be quite. Get this, we are not allies anymore.

“We know. That’s precisely why we won’t warn you”

Citrine – I fear nothing. I don’t need your warning.

“It’s surprising how you don’t get along given your mutual arrogance”

In form of a Eagle, Moonstone flied up and grabbed Riot in a hold.

“Ah yes, I’ve nearly forgotten you... Orthoclase, Albite!”

Moonstone was confused for a moment but she concluded that perhaps Citrine told him about her for a bit.

MS – Well you guessed it, now order your these gems to stop. This has gone far enough.

Citrine – Hmph what an imbecile. You really think we take orders from that thing.

MS – I didn’t ask him of that. That much I know Citrine. But I seen your abilities, every time you come in people go insane. They can’t control themselves, I don’t get how it works but you are the key to this! Now do tell how!?

“I am good at angering people, I’m pretty much a walking Drug Cartel poisoning and bringing out worst of people”

He them began giggling and laughing as Steven got angrier

Steven – What the he’ll is so funny!?

Damien then headbutt Moonstone before grabbing Nora and Steven

“It’s that you can’t recognise my face... was I not that close to you both? Well understandable,  I didn’t live an extraordinary life of heroism like you, little bud...”

Nora payed attention to his wording

And looked closer at his face, and his hair blocked the right half of face... it was silver colour and golden eyes but there can’t be a mistake...

Her git instinct told her the answer

Nora – J-Jamie?!? Oh god what happened to you!?

Steven and Moonstone were surprised and wondering if they heard her correctly. Even Citrine, remember that little pipsqueak she easily handled.

Citrine – Heh looks like I was right about you... You look tough but you are nothing.

Damien gives her a death stare , staggering her surprisingly.

She then found that toxic gas reaching her again.

“While you may be right, pray I don’t do worse to you than what your fears may do”

Citrine – I don’t need prays  neitherfrom those Moon Goddess heretics nor from a weaklings like you. White Diamond destroy them all!

Citrine then sees nothing, everything dissapeared before her.

Citrine – HEY Where did you all go!? Another one of your tricks!?

She then felt her muscles being lighter...

Citrine – What!? No no where did my strength go?! My power?!

Her body was now skinny like that of a puny pearl.

‘who is pathetic now?!’

She sees Lapis Lazuli herself, standing before her. One she met long ago when convicing her to return to earth and finish Rose Quart rebellion.

Lapis looked more muscular than Citrine mocking her.

‘how does it feel to be the one in position you didn’t wanna be in huh? It feels bad huh?’

Citrine then found herself in chains tied to the floor, seemingly scared

 Don’t worry we will have some fun so that wont even bother you’

Citrine – NOOOO!

Citrine was running amok in her madness as the gas took effect.

“And so she goes. I hope she enjoys letting her inhibitions go”

He comments as Steven and Moonstone try dealing with the crazed White Diamond. Her size didn’t help them but luckily she wasn’t unbeatable.

Steven – We beat you before we can do it again White! Don’t make me do this!

“Don’t bother. Her mind is too preoccupied to hear you.. especially after your lovely argument”

Nora – Jamie why are you doing this!?

Entity turns to Nora who summoned a sword holding it against his face.

Nora – I thought we were friends...

He then grabbed the sword, pressed his hand on it making it hard to move for Nora.

His hand was bleeding

“What a wad. Don’t you see? I am not Jamie, not anymore...”

Nora – Then who are you?!

“As passionate and impatient for someone who isn’t supposed to exist at all Nora...”

Nora couldn’t understand what he meant

“But to answer you question, it’s not me.  It’s us. Here you have before you an amalgamation of your friend’s worst aspects, ones he wants nothing to do with, ones he detests, one’s he rejects, one’s he hides or doesn’t know he has. All amplified by one of 13 darknesses wandering the multiverse”

Nora finds it hard to believe something like that even on a far galaxy.

Nora – But why are you here then? Why do you need Jamie? Why doing all of this?!

“So many questions, I bet it’s fun knowing the answers... I’ll tell you one thing, Jamie simply has something within him that I’d like to feast on. A rare ability that once one dies, one can appear again... a new form, a new time...”

Their conversation was cut off when he grabbed her and dodged White’s strike at their location.

She was also unleashing energy bolts aimlessly hitting everywhere.

Nora nearly gets hit by it but Moonstone gets her out of the way.

Nora – Thanks. Looks like she’s losing it.

Moonstone – Yes we gotta take away Citrine’s gauntlet to change her back! Where did she run off to?!

Steven - I see no difference! Once she calms down, she’ll just control everyone, again!! 

Steven then uses his pink hyper speed to kick her in the stomach area which pushes her back a little further away.

Steven - WHY DON’T YOU JUST GO AWAY!?

Then White Diamond was blindsided as two more gems ganged up on her.

Red Sapphire and Dark Pearl simultaneously sliced her up in two or three pieces.

Red Sapphire – Found you!

Vollyn (Volleyball/Pink Pearl) – Hello and goodbye my old Diamond!

White yelled in pain as her form finally failed.

With her gem landing among the rubble.

The trio didn’t know what happened just now...

Two gems behind the deed look towards them, smiling cynically

Red Sapphire – I would’ve handled it... but regardless I’m glad to see you unrestrained.

Vollyn – Same goes to you, looks like we both just needed to cut loose.

Steven recognised Red Sapphire whom he trusted with party organisation but couldn’t figure out the Pearl beside her, she also carried Sabina on her shoulders.

Steven – Sabina!

Red – Ah Steven... I’m certain you won’t leave happy.

Moonstone – You will pay for this.

Steven – We are not leaving until you leave first!

Nora didn’t move as she sweated while looking at Vollyn, her appearance reminded her of her mother, Black Pearl.... she looked just as scary and merciless.

Nora – Steven, Vollyn... she is corrupted...

Steven’s wide eyed

“Sometimes you changed your mind, remember Steve?”

Damien stands one moment near them and then beside Vollyn the next.

“You don’t need respect you yourself have, you don’t need love that you can give yourself, but you do let people to know you if they only change their mind... that’s KIND of same here”

Damien then appeared right in behind them.

Red Sapphire – I have other diamonds to deal with. I shall leave them to you.

Steven – Hey wait!

Damien then stands in his way

“It’s too late Ste-man, you lost this one. You should suck it up or I’ll force it down your throat”

Steven’s irritating “You definitely are not Jamie, he never liked talking like that!”

“yeeesss he did... that dull ordinary boy, alas he isn't here”

Nora then took out a spear and lunged at Damien “HOW DO HE MOVE SO FAST!?”

She was blocked by Vollyn who still holds by Sabina, Nora has to be careful not to harm her too.

Damien then lets them see how he passes by a large rubble only to appear at a distance, to again nearby and then not to be seen at all...

“It’s a little trick up my sleeve, I can step into realm between realms. A dark corridor... and your mind doesn’t understand what it sees and so, it sees nothing at all. That’s how I avoid being seen really, fitting for darkness that can appear anywhere literally and you won’t know where it hits, it’s terrifying I bet... to be unaware of where this brute of a monster can come out and spread terror and misery...”

Steven started to feel anxious as he didn’t know where to target or where to hit, he tried throwing a shield at him, tried using speed charge....

Such desperation, such ferocity, the hatred, the anger.

Steven – Did we do something to you that you do this?! Did my mom do something!?

He wouldn’t be surprised, he should outright hate her by now.

“Oh Steven, little bud, blaming her again... After all hatred she receives, all of her legacy to be looked at as simply a mistake of a poor teen instead of seeing it as necessary path to independence and freedom... You apparently don’t care that if she failed, earth would be gone, you and I not necessarily would’ve been born...  is it her fault her fellow Diamonds didn’t teach her morality? Did her friends help her become a REAL person or did they simply follow every soft word of advice she give? Come to think of it, you yourself are to blame for misunderstanding Pink/Rose, and now you just scapegoat her? Don’t you have that precious responsibility to own up to your own mess?”

Steven – SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

Steven uppercuts Damien up as he follows him in his pink rage, hitting him again and again only to be pushed back into the rubble near White Diamond.

“I believe I’m second closest one to make you doubt, the first belongs to White”

Steven looked up to his face which was half ruined, scarred and deformed.

“You know, by absorbing the aura in that saddening tower of her isolation I am aware that Mrs Universe regretted it... abandoning Spinel even if she could’ve just left anytime she pleased, bubbling Bismuth away even if she wanted to start shattering every enemy gem she came across... for starting a war where her friends got corrupted though it wasn’t even her fault but the fault of those stubborn genocidal ladies”

STEVEN – SO WHAT?! EVEN IF YOU SAY SHE DIDNT MEAN TO, SHE STILL ABANDONED HER PROBLEMS TO ME!

“AH but that wasn’t even her intent, her intent was to just let you live. To show them that life isn’t made to just be wasted... you are right though, she just couldn’t bring herself to it... such a self hating personality she had. She didn’t believe those around her loved her really... didn’t believe she had anyone... but you, you Steven had everyone surrounding you to help you on your path, except for some reason you are still here...”

Steven this time didn’t answer as he himself pondered on the answer.

He didn’t want to admit it, hell no. But small part within couldn’t help but agree.

Steven – W-why are you talking to me about this?? What would this bring you?!

Damien then snapped his fingers

“I just want to see how long you you keep holding before you have jump-start to losing yourself”

Then a wormhole has opened in middle of the area where White Diamond fell in to.

Vollyn then disarmed Nora and threw her in to it as did Damien with Steven who then screamed. They held on to each other as they went in.

Vollyn – Should I go? I wanna tell Pearl hi~ when I mess her girlfriend in front of her.

“Be welcome to do that and more, I have one more stop to make here”

Vollyn – Have fun boss~

She then followed suit taking Sabina with her, leaving Damien to deal woth one last person of interest.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Homeworld is a rather interesting place, one of science not magic. Then again, magic is science one may struggle to understand.

And the technology of Homeworld is light-years ahead of those on earth. And it can be wonderful for some, for some confusing and to some quite terrifying.

Walking outside the entrance to Palace, Damien pays attention to the walls and statues who blinked and sweat at the sight of him.

“Hmm you don’t have names don’t you? Do you even remember who created you or the Diamonds? Or have you forgotten that a loving time ago?”

They were not gonna answer that, for they fear to say one wrong word and they’ll be obliterated.

“Aye I see. Every Gem is made with a purpose: To serve the Order of the Diamonds. Those who cannot fit inside this, either gem or you, order must be purged! To come out misshapen, to reshape yourself outside your purpose, and to do something  worthless is a disgrace!”

He lands one of his hands in the wall between the wall and statue, making cracks on it.

“You know Ronaldo was right when he talk about that thing, his theory of Technological Singularity... technology here went uncontrollably to the point even the very fundamentals of buildings are alive”

The sentient spies within the living structures were mortified.

“I could end your miserable existence right here and now, but I think with the old order returning... you may always be condemned to live like this in fear. That can be torturous not being able to change it... at the end maybe one resentful creature will break ya in pieces...see ya never”

He saluted crying beings as he was on his way down to reach the evacuation ship of Lars.

Bismuth - Everyone get inside, go through Otto’s door!

Kevin - Yeah that magic door will lead ya back on earth in no time!

Looking up at the clouds above , he hurried

Kevin - And be quick! The atmosphere here just goes nut!”

Bismuth - Why’s there a weather here even?

Garnet looked up at the skies and the ponders the same.

The way she remembers and the way Peridot explained it to her that for it to be here,  firstly Homeworld would need exposure to the ever burning stars like the sun back on earth.

Is that possible here? No, even if it were there’s not nearly enough to match Earth’s exposure to the sun.

Then there’s weather. Lapis said that the Earth has weather because it’s planet with an atmosphere. Homeworld has no atmosphere.

And Homeworld isn’t exactly a planet either. Homeworld is a giant Space Station. Or a moving planet that doesn’t orbit around a star.

Even Ruby guards know that much about their atmosphere-less homeland.

The line between space station and planet starts to blur when one looks at what Diamonds did to planets. And they didn’t never knew why either, what was the point or who ordered them to do it? Unclear to this day.

With all that said, this storm here makes no sense.

“The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long”

Bismuth – Garnet, you said something?

Garnet – Someone is doing this artificially! And I’m sure we’ll meet them soon.

Garnet could see some futures most of the time but sometimes she can’t. She uses that to know that something is coming and right now she doesn’t see much.

She then looks on to the Palace which is much in chaos.

Rhodonite – I hope Jamie is okay... many people just left but some are still captured...

That was another thing concerning Garnet, she tried looking into his future... and she couldn’t see him. She worried if he was even alive.

The thought unnerved her.

“You concerned about him?~ And concerned about me?”

Shocked to hear voices in head Garnet then looks back at direction of the Palace.

Except it was at the ladder down the way... As lightning crackles,  she sees someone bloody standing there watching her from afar...

He waved at her creepily, inviting her to accompany him.

His golden eyes made her angry...

Garnet's arm twitches but another holds it “No, keep calm”

Rhodonite – Garbet? Are you o-

Garnet – Lars! I-I need to go, someone’s very unfriendly is approaching. C-can you and Connie handle the rest?

Lars looks at her and judging by her face she means it! This is serious then!

Lars – Sure no problem, with lion around even-

Garnet already left

Lars – Better...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Damien could feel animosity, bitterness and distrust aimed at him.

Garnet stepped ever closer to where he was.

Garnet – So you are here. What do you want?

Was it not enough that he ruined the ball?

“Just a little talk. You can do that right, toxic lesb?”

Garnet didn’t took that nicely as she jumped at him, wishing to take him down.

“A bit out of character from such a wise and remarkable woman... or maybe you’re also still just a bunch of bratty children who know no better...”

Garnet could feel emotions of Ruby and Sapphire, both were angry. But one more than the other and thinking of it only made her mind clouded

“Get out of my head” Garnet says

“Ah or maybe no. You’re simply their child, not necessarily obedient to your overprotective parents... As I remember, I met you three all but separated in one of the dimensions I’ve been to... looks like both of ya still had it bad~”

Garnet – What can you know about me? And what are you to judge?

He talks too personal for her comfort.

“You are right. What do I know? I should know better that I don’t know. If I ever really loved you, I should’ve known... or maybe I wished I did. Such a naive, impatient fool”

Garnet could feel a bit of surprise and disgust.

Garnet – No. You don’t love anyone, after everything you did here and back on earth... you don’t know yet what love is, not like this.

He was like Jasper when they fought for very first time... Same way they will fight now.

Garnet jumps at Damien and strikes forward with her gauntlets the time for talking was over. Damien dodges, and Garnet's fist crashes to the ground, shaking the ruins.

“Wanna do this? So be it”

He took out some of the weapons he has in his arsenal that he didn’t use for a while. For some reason Damien wanted to use some here.

Garnet throws punch. Damien, blocked the hit his katars. But Garnet's punch held quite  much force, that it still sent Damien flying 10 feet away.

The ex mailman tried to gather himself , but before he could get on his feet, Garnet punted him like a football. Sending him into a pillar.

Damien rolled over on his side feeling some pain. His nose was bleeding, and his headway pounding like a drum. He could taste his own blood.

“Heheheh looks like you’re not as easy, no wonder that green bulkhead had trouble with you”

Damien wasn’t Hulk though, he looked at his katars. Aside from the enhanced strength and speed, they had one more ability that truly made them unique. An ability Jamie hated using but has saved him plenty of times.

Jamie had little strength though... quite obvious he’s no good fighter...

Distracted in his self hate, Garnet grabbed him by his torn shirt and prepared to strike him again.

But this time, when Garnet threw a punch, Damien caught it.

Garnet looks at Damien who rubbed his head. His eyes were a very light purple before turning yellow and then turns brown , and his gauntlets were growing. He had activated them.

He pushed her fist away, and yanked himself away from her, ripping a part of his shirt off. He motions her to try again.

Garnet clamps her gauntlets together, and threw down an axe-hammer. Jamie caught her fists again, and spin kicked her in the chest.

Garnet flew back a few feet, but managed to catch herself again.

Damien stopped shaking, and with now a dead serious frown.

Over the years whether he was going to exams, delivering mail, progressing in actor career or when they had been training with Pearl, Jamie's one flaw was that he was always afraid.

Fear was his enemy. He tried looking at it like a friend and learn from it but the primal instinct was just sometimes stronger than him...

And that’s partially why Damien is here... with his weapons doing their work. They make it so Damien fights without restraints. As an actor first, and a fighter second, hated having his emotions just turned off. It made him feel less human. But to save himself, he would.

"Don't make me kill you drama queen" Damien said as he unsheathed his dual wielding blades.

Not fearing for his safety, Damien ran at Garnet with his blades. He swiped with his left blade, but Garnet ducked under his attack. He swiped down, aiming for Garnet's face.

Garnet grabbed his hand before his blade could touch her. But Damien still had a free hand.

This time, Garnet wasn’t prepared. Unsheathing his left blade, Damien uses his strength,and punches Garnet in her face with such force, the entire arena shook again.

Everything was silent but the rain drops that kept coming like tears.

Garnet freezes. Jamie's fist planted on her visor. Slowly, it broke apart, and fell to the ground, revealing her similarly teary face.

Damien slowly took his hand back. Garnet's top eye was partially  bruised, and closing.

In her mind, se could hear Sapphire whimpering in pain.

And she could hear Ruby screaming in rage.

“Oooh must be burning inside especially right now... makes you wish to punch and put scum like me in their place”

He wasn’t Jamie but he just wanted to play the role and see their reaction.

That’s exactly why he jumped back, and readied himself for the worst. While he wasn't afraid, he knew that making Garnet angrier than she already was cold feel like a death threat.

Garnet slowly walked to Damien. Her right hand was on fire, and the anger in her two eyes was clear. That same glare she gave Steven when he disobeyed her...

He doesn’t need to read her mind to know she wanted to murder him.

“Hmph you know I’ve been through many semblances since forever, and some were not so nice people... however some had dreams too that were crushed. Every crime has reason to exist... even most unforgivable ones.”

Garnet didn’t seem concerned by his words as she kept approaching him.

“How close people like that were to being good people, and how close players like Steven are to becoming absolute monsters. You saw what Diamonds did right? Conscious incarceration, Corruption, Gem Harvesting, Bubbling, rejuvenation, forced fusion, shattering...Well you get it really”

Incarceration like what Bismuth did to Lapis.

Corruption like what Diamonds did to little Nephrite.

Gem Harvesting, owning somebody’s pieces like properties.

All of this didn’t interrupt the burning rage with the fusion, it only increased her rage. Only reminded her of everything she fought against, everything this scum helps bringing back.

Garnet’s arms had hellish flames on them as she launched her fist towards his face full-speed.

Damien’s gloves grew in size and energy like a cold water stream flooding the pool.

And so the two fists meet in numerous collisions as they flied up in to the skies right into the storm.

Padparadascha aboard the ship could swear she sees someone flying up into skies... but given given the current situation she may not pay much attention...

Maybe it wouldn’t even matter if she did...

Neither she nor others could do anything about it...

But Garnet can...

.....

As she held on to Damien as she tried kicking the Holy Smokes out of him.

Rage filling them both was reflected in the chaos they were flying in to.

The lightning bolts hitting around only made it even more edgy.

Even when bolts hit them , it didn’t stop them.

It only made Damien angrier and more fierce.

On the other hand, given Garnet being made of light a lightning bolt instead made her hits that much more powerful.

There was pain, there was hate... there was bloodlust...

......

At lightning speed the fight had went and gone down as Damien eventually decided to move this elsewhere.

A portal opened up with lightning accompanying it and the duo gone right through it as they flied down into the ground, creating a crater.

.....

.....

.....

That was powerful... been a while since he gone out like that...

“That was incredible... finally something else filled my mind. What about ya? Felt nice releasing pent up baggage?”

Garnet tried standing up, breathing heavily and sweating...

That much power up had a drawback... it weakened her a bit, it’ll take a few moments for her to recover...

She still had enough strength to approach him, she did and she grabbed him by the neck.

Rain rolling off her glasses plus his hair made it hard to see his face...

Garnet – You apparently... *breathes* don’t need your mask anymore...

“Aye you know what I no longer want currently so you may see it in full glory...”

There came a lightning bolt to help her out much to her confusion as a familiar face pops up in her mind, when she looked at his scarred face...

Garnet’s grip loosened “I... No... how are you?...”

“Well? How do I look? Not so pretty... aren’t I?

Garnet – oh Stars what happened to you?!

......

.......

.........

“The truth is that I didn’t move on, Garnet... My flop in kansas hit my dreams harder than I thought... my flop with you was tougher than I thought... my open relationship just made all more anxious... my hidden and hated desires to be better, my bloodlust to vent out my aggression every time I feel tired, add to that the fact that I am again conflicted...”

He stands up Garnet still holds him albeit weakly now

One part relishes in feeling power for once in his life, another screaming for help…  I don’t trust myself either... Must be rather terrifying to realise you can’t trust your own body and mind, kind of like those forced fusion experiments.

That definitely didn’t sit right with Garnet

“I am a good actor apparently if I convinced myself of opposite for all this time. Looks like I even have low confidence in myself, no better than Steven...Looks like MR OPTIMIST was actually a mask after all”

At that Garnet could feel tears from her hurt eye but this time it wasn’t just physical hurt, it was tear for him...

The monster within now doesn’t care about inner peace, kinship... love.  I burn my life here and now at a sunless place. I burned enough bridges now so that everyone will hate me and if not hate me... they will surely look with hesitation, just like you do now...”

The sound destruction was heard from somewhere...

And yells of fear were accompanying that sound...

Garnet only now noticed that they were back on earth in the forest... and there was a large smoke column coming out from out of her line of sight...

“And now they’ll doubt me even more...”

She looks back at him, hoping this wasn’t what she thought it was...

Garnet – W-what did you do?

“Go there... and see for yourself... I was just not really happy Garnet that’s it, and that’s how they feel now too”

Garnet didn’t want to leave him like this, she didn’t want to... but she now could see homeschool burning too...

It was another one of those painful decisions she had to commit to...

Garnet – I will come back for you... I promise...

Garnet now let him go fully as she ran ahead towards the Beach City...

“No need... I’ll come to you. It all may be over soon. The end is neigh”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is someone new that appeared at the road out and in to Beach City, seeing all the madness going on

“Shoot, looks like we are too little too late. Damn I’m gonna beat him when I find him... unless that monster does it first”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Phew quite an intense and  emotional chapter .

Existential dread gains traction these days if we include Fionna&Cake plus Amazing Digital Pomni. So I added an experiment here, take a guess who here has it bad.

One can write DAIRY OR MANIFESTO about it... oh wait this fic is pretty much that.

Also who is that character in end credits??? Looks like we find out later

And btw, Good news! Rebecca Sugar saus SU show may return! look here and add support - https/youtu.be/ohJtJdcKfMA?si=nHs4Z-F-heyyKXZp

Okay I’ll leave you with that spectacular note so...

 STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 3.7K 36
ON HIATUS! Ever wished you could have as many adventures as Steven? Because me too.
138K 4.4K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
72.8K 1.4K 16
For the past 5 years, Stella Universe, the daughter of Rose Quartz and Greg Universe, has been living her life with some ups and downs. Knowing that...
1.5K 53 18
Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl have been captured! Join Steven and Connie in their goal to get them back and defeat Homeworld! DISCONTINUED