My Rose | M. Wheeler

By nayeonlvvr

My Rose | Who knew everything could go wrong starting from an innocent, young, quiet girl with deadly superp... More

act one + intro ⇨
I. Julianna
II. D&D
III. Seven
IV. Secret
V. Twelve
VI. Superpowers
VII. Flashbacks
VIII. Shocking News
IX. New Plan
X. He's Alive
XI. Upside Down
XII. Traitor
XIII. Cliff
XIV. Bad Men
XV. The Demogorgan
XVI. The Bath
XVII. Episodes
XVIII. Eleven?
act two ⇨
I. MadMax
II. Guilt
IV. Shadow
V. D'Artagnan
VI. Jealous
VII. Gone
VIII. Roseanne
IX. Reunited Again
X. Mind Flayer
XI. Snowball
act three ⇨
I. Day of the Dead
II. Welcome Home
III. Advice
IV. Mall
V. Things Changed
VI. The Russians
VII. Plan
VIII. Scoops Troops
IX. Code
X. Russian Secrets
XI. Confession
XII. Escape
XIII. The L Word

III. Halloween

254 5 4
By nayeonlvvr

IT WAS HALLOWEEN today. Julie stared at herself in the mirror, wiping any dust off the sweater and jeans she was wearing.

The party had all agreed to wear their costumes to school but Julie hadn't finished making her costume yet and it wasn't ready to be wore to school. She was nervous to show up not wearing her costume in fear that the party might be upset with her.

"Julie!" She heard Nora yell from downstairs which prompted the girl to hurry. She grabbed her backpack from the seat in the bay window before running downstairs.

Nora was near the front door, putting her shoes on. "Put your shoes on, I'm taking you to school."

Julie nodded as she walked over towards Nora, putting her sneakers on aswell.

"I thought you were going to wear your costume to school today?" Nora questioned, recalling when Julie excitedly told her about the costume she has planned out.

"Yeah but I haven't finished it. It'll be all done later when I go trick or treating. What are you doing for today?" Julie asked her sister as the two walked out into the garage.

"I don't know, there's a Halloween party later. I might swing by" Nora answered as the two got into the car.

--

WHEN JULIE ARRIVED at school, she immediately saw the five familiar boys standing on the sidewalk. She thanked Nora for the ride before running over to them.

"...If he's cool, then you be Winston!" She heard Lucas say as he pointed his finger at Mike. Everyone was turned around so no one saw the girl approaching.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"B-Because.." Mike trailed off trying to come up with an excuse.

"B-B-Because you're not black?" Lucas mocked as Mike was quick to retort, "I didn't say that!"

"You thought it!"

Will turned around, noticing Julie's appearance first. "Hey Julie!" He greeted, making the others look.

"Hey, you guys look awesome" She told them as she looked back and forth at the matching outfits the five of them had.

"Yeah but we would look awesome-er if you was wearing your costume" Dustin stated as Lucas cut in, "Why aren't you wearing it?" He asked.

Instead of answering, Julie pointed ahead, the others followed her gaze. The five boys all looked around at the kids who were wearing regular clothes. They exchanged looks while Aston exhaled, "Shit."

--

The six of them all walked down the hall. Julie looked like the odd-one-out since she was the only one of the group dressed normally. Kids that passed them and stood on either sides of the hallways pointed at them, laughing, and whispering to their friends next to them.

Julie looked at her friends, seeing the clear, embarrassed looks on their faces as she noticed Lucas trying to keep his head down.

"Why do people make these decisions?" Dustin voiced as Will shrugged, "Everyone dressed up last year!"

"It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.

A group of three girls stood on the side of the hall, pointing. One whispered something to the others in which they all laughed in response.

Ash glanced at the girls for a quick second before they all went quiet.

Ashton was sorta popular around school. The others agreed it was because of his tall and good looking features. There used to be girls that would come up to their lunch table, trying to nervously ask Ash out.

However, the blue eyed boy always rejected them. The group and Julie all knew it was because he still missed Eleven. Everyone always tried avoiding any type of conversation where she may be mentioned, not wanting to remind Ashton of her disappearance.

"Just be cool" Mike told them as they passed a girl who laughed at them, "Who you gonna call? The nerds!" She joked, giggling to herself.

Mike clenched his fists tightly, his palms turning red. Julianna placed her warm hand on top of his, "Ignore them, okay?" Mike's expression softened as she smiled at the girl as the group made their way to class.

--

THE FIVE CHILDREN, minus Will since he always gets picked up from school now, were biking down a hill on the way home.

The whole way there Dustin was rambling about how everyone is corrupted since they dressed up last year and now, they didn't. "I swear everyone dressed up last year!"

"Maybe we didn't get the memo" Ashton suggested as Dustin raised his brows in confusion, "What memo?"

"The memo that everyone grew out of wearing their costumes to school" He answered back as Lucas nodded.

"Well, I think it really made you guys stand out" Julie tried to compliment as Mike tsked, "Yeah, stand out like a bunch of idiots."

Dustin looked behind him, seeing a blue car start to catch up to them as it moved at a fast pace, "Uh.. guys?" The others turned around, seeing the car get closer and closer to them, looking like it had no intention of slowing down.

"Go, go, go!" Lucas shouted as they all tried to pedal faster. That didn't work as the car was nearly about to hit them.

With no other option, Julie tilted her head to the side, using her wind ability to move the car over into the other lane just in time. With a screech of the tires, the car was forced to move into the other lane on the street before it could hit any of them.

The five kids all pedaled their bikes out of the road, Dustin falling off his and onto the ground.

They were all breathing heavily as Ashton and Lucas helped Dustin stand up. The boys all looked at Julie, her eyes changed from purple back to their heterochromic colors.

"Thanks Julie" Ashton thanked Julie, breathlessly. Mike helped the girl off her bike, "You okay?" He scanned her face as she nodded, "Yeah, I'm alright. You?" He nodded back in response.

Still recollecting themselves, they all watched as the blue car scurried down the street.

"Asshole!" Ashton yelled at the car as if someone could've answered back. From the back window, they could see a red head look back at them before the car disappeared around the corner.

"Was that..." Lucas trailed off as Dustin nodded.

"Mad Max" The curly haired boy finished. Julie subconsciously rolled her eyes as she went to pick up her bike.

--

WHEN JULIE GOT home after school, she immediately got to work on her costume. Her costume was simple, the only thing she had to make was the tie and the hat.

In a matter of minutes, her costume was all finished as she finished putting on her shoes to complete her Marshmallow Man outfit.

Nora knocked twice at the door before she opened it, coming inside. "Oh wow, look at you!" Nora complimented, making her younger sister smile, content with her work.

"You like it?" Julie asked, glancing at herself in the mirror once before turning back towards Nora. "Yes, I love it!"

"But..." Julie's smile faded as Nora trailed off. "But what?" Julianna asked nervously, "Is something wrong?"

"Yeah."

Nora walked over to Julie's desk, picking up one of her hand-held mirrors and holding it up to Julie's face so the girl could see blue streak of paint across her cheek. "Oops! Must've got there while I was painting" Julianna giggled as Nora shook her head with a smile.

"Why aren't you dressed up?" Julie questioned her sister, looking at her regular clothes from her view in the mirror.

"I will get dressed up after I drive you to meet up with your friends. I've decided to go to that Halloween party."

"Good, you should do something fun besides sit at home and just watch movies all night" Julie told her as Nora laughed. "You just might be right, Jules."

"Ready to go?"

Julie nodded, "Yeah, I'll be down in a sec" She said as Nora nodded her head, leaving the room.

She took one finally look at herself in the mirror, convincing herself that she looked fine. She wore a white skirt with a long-sleeve white shirt. Underneath, she had on the red tie and blue cloth she wore around her neck paired with the hat.

Her red hair was free as it touched her shoulders, her bangs perfectly framing her face. She walked over to her bed, shaking the pillow case off of the now naked pillow.

She glanced at the time, seeing that it was ten minutes until 6, which is the time they all agreed to meet up.

She cleaned her face up, grabbing her camera off her desk before she walked out of her room with a pillow case in hand, making her way downstairs.

--

AS NORA REACHED the meet up spot, they immediately saw the group of kids, in a huddle, dressed up as Ghostbusters. The two unbuckled their seat belts, getting out the car.

The five boys all turned as Julie ran up to them. "Marshmallow man! Or...woman?" Dustin questioned, looking at Lucas before the boy shrugged.

On the other hand, Nora approached Jonathan, who was leaning on his car, watching his little brother. "So..." Nora started to say as she leaned on the car beside Jonathan too , "You tagging along with them?"

Jonathan shook his head, "My mom wants me to but Will doesn't, says it's lame. So I thought I'd give him some space for tonight" He explained, Nora hummed in response.

Jonathan turned towards Nora, "Do you think he'll be okay on his own?" He asked, Nora could hear the hesitance in his voice. She turned to look at him, his eyes looking for an honest answer.

She could tell he was conflicted. Ever since last year, Will has had adults and people on his back, constantly by his side. And tonight, the little boy really wanted to enjoy himself without having to be watched.

However, if something were to happen to him, Jonathan would definitely feel guilty for leaving his little brother.

"He won't be on his own. He has them," Nora nodded towards the group, watching them all get together, trying to fit into the picture Julie was taking of them with her camera.

"He'll be fine Jonathan" Nora reassured him, watching him slowly nod as his shoulders relaxed a bit.

Julie looked back at her sister, waving at her to let her know that they were on their way.

Nora reciprocated, smiling and waving back. She watched the group of children run off until they were out of her sight. She turned towards Will's older brother. "See you around" She said lastly before turning to get in her car.

--

LUCAS KNOCKED ON the door before an older woman greeted them with a smile and a bowl of candy. Will pointed the camera he carried along at the woman. "Treat or treat!" They all said simultaneously.

"Oh! Well, aren't you cute? The little exterminators and a sailor!" The woman chuckled as the group looked at each other awkwardly.

Ashton cleared his throat, "Actually ma'am, we're Ghostbusters and she's Marshmallow man from the movie" He correctly politely. The woman nodded, her face wrinkles lifted when she smiled.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry. Happy Halloween!" The children all grabbed a handful of candy before walking away from the house.

As they walked down the street, Lucas spoke up, "If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself!" The boy sighed, Dustin's head turned.

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" He questioned. "'What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?'" Lucas mocked him, getting a silent laugh from Julie as she covered her mouth to hide it. "No one likes 2 Musketeers" Mike claimed in disgust, arguing with Dustin. "Yeah, it's just nougat" Will agreed with the black haired boy.

"Just nougat? Just nougat? It is top three for me" Dustin admitted as Ashton scoffed, "Top three?"

"Top three!"

Julie stopped listening to the others argue about 3 Musketeers, slowly becoming disinterested. She dug inside her pillow case which was started to get heavy from the amount of candy they've been collecting.

She grabbed a handful of candy, pulling some out. She exhaled when most of the candy in her hand was Butterfingers. She hated Butterfingers.

"I'll trade you."

Julianna looked over to see Mike, holding out a handful of nerds. "Oh no, it's okay. I don't want to take your--"

"It's okay, I actually like Butterfingers more" Mike told her, cutting her off as he nudged his handful of candy towards her. She finally gave in with a smile, taking the candy from him and exchanging it for her chocolate.

Abruptly, someone jumped in front of them with a Michael Myers mask, holding up a fake knife. The group collectively flinched as a girly shriek could be heard that belonged to Lucas.

The person under the mask laughed before they revealed themselves to be Max. She giggled, "Holy shit! You should have seen the looks on your faces!"

Mike rolled his eyes at Max, the gesture not going unnoticed by Julianna.

"And you?" Max continued as she looked at Lucas, "Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl!" She chuckled once more before turning around, walking away.

The group stayed behind so when she noticed no one was following her, she turned around, "Hey, you guys coming or not?" Her face lit up, a small gasp coming from her, "Oh! I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where the rich people live, right?" She laughed, turning around again and walking away.

Lucas and Dustin shared a look. They both let out an excited squeal before following Max as Will walked beside them.

Mike stayed in his place with Julie still by his side. She looked at him silently, examining the annoyed expression take over his features. He didn't say anything except release an exhale before he walked faster to catch up with the others.

authors note!

Hello hello guysssss! This may have been one of the smaller chapters but I've been trying to give you guys an update as soon as possible. Taking more than one AP class is NOT for the weak!!!!

Recap: It's Halloween day and the party all decides to wear matching costumes related to Ghostbusters. The party go trick or treating before they run into Max as she tags along.

Fun Fact: Julie's favorite Halloween candy is actually candy corn but everyone hates it so she tries to hide it.

Hope you enjoyed, see you next chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 2.9K 60
After being thrown into the world of the Upside Down, Gwen Henderson now has to deal with something even more sinister. All while being forced to wor...
1.2K 13 11
steve harrington, the royal douchebag of hawkins high. one girl coming out of her math class, might just change his life forever. let's see how this...
19.8K 630 39
★ 𝐎𝐃𝐃 𝐄𝐘𝐄 ! • season one & two of stranger things • fem oc x max mayfield In which, a deaf girl, who can predict the fut...
4.6K 59 30
THE OTHER SPY A Dustin Henderson story. .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. Will hasn't been the only one missing. What happens when it's not j...