Mia

By Luchitina1806

Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of... More

Chapter One: My Story.
Chapter Two: Blind Dates.
Chapter Three: Blind Dates II
Chapter Four:"Let me figure this out on my own."
Chapter Five:Jace Harris.
Quick Introduction of characters.
Chapter Six: Tutoring.
Chapter Seven: "Tougher than normal"
Chapter Eight: Spring Break!!
Chapter Nine: Spring Break!! II
Chapter Ten: Movie Night.
Chapter Eleven: The Walk.
Chapter Twelve: "I know you love her"
Chapter Fourteen: Going out.
Chapter Fifteen:"What's wrong with Jace?"
Chapter Thirteen:"I nailed the tests!"
Chapter Seventeen:"Tell her the fucking truth!"
Chapter Eighteen: Talking to Sleep.
Chapter Nineteen: Stupid Drama.
Chapter Twenty:"...Stop Meddling..."
Chapter Twenty-one: Cold and Meaner.
Chapter Twenty-two:"It's......"
Chapter Twenty-three:"The tension...."
Chapter Twenty-four:"We almost...."
Chapter Twenty-five:"How do you know...."
Chapter Twenty-six:"I'll prove to you....."
Chapter Twenty-seven: A Yes.
Chapter Twenty-eight:"....you've got me"
Chapter Twenty-nine: First Official Date.
Chapter Thirty: Apartment Party.
Chapter Thirty-one: Apartment Party II
Chapter Thirty-two:"I'll always....."
Chapter Thirty-three: Freaking Out.
Chapter Thirty-four: Exams and Summer.
Chapter Thirty-five: End of Semester Party.
Chapter Thirty-six: Seventeen calls....Eleven texts.
Chapter Thirty-seven: Misunderstanding.
Chapter Thirty-eight: The Truth.
Chapter Thirty-nine: Betrayal.
Chapter Forty: Decent Conversation.
Chapter Forty-one:"She's left......"
Chapter Forty-two: Home Sweet Home.
Chapter Forty-three:"Your father......"
Chapter Forty-four:"....are you willing to wait...."
Bonus Chapter: Michelle.
Bonus Chapter: Amber.
Chapter Forty-five:"How was the dinner....."
Chapter Forty-six: Chat with Mr. Richards.
Chapter Forty-seven: Engagement and birthday party.
Chapter Forty-eight: Engagement and birthday party II
Chapter Forty-nine:"You're staying here."
Chapter Fifty:"....please, take good care of Mia...."
Chapter Fifty-one: BTE (Best Trio Ever).
Chapter Fifty-two: Mia and Jace.
Author's note.

Chapter Sixteen:"I didn't want that"

25 3 1
By Luchitina1806

Jace's POV.......

"Idris! You here?" I call out as I lock the door behind me.

I just entered my apartment. I was at the hospital...as a patient.

There's no response. I'm guessing he isn't done attending to the "urgent" stuff Mia had told me about at the hospital. I woke up on the hospital bed to see Mia sitting on a stool at the foot of the bed. I was supposed to see Idris instead. I didn't know why Idris thought about calling Mia over to the hospital. I didn't want Mia there.

I didn't want her to see me that way, lying on a hospital bed, looking pale and all. I didn't want that.....I don't want that.

I reach for the nearest couch and sit. I throw my head backwards and let out a little sigh as I close my eyes in thoughts.

Few minutes later.......

I hear the front door open and close.
I think Idris is back.

"Hey, man. I didn't think you'd be discharged so soon. I went back to the hospital and I was told that you already left." Idris says on entering the living room.

He sits on the couch across from me.

"Yep" I say, lifting my head.

"How are you feeling?" Idris asks.

"Better. I'm still a little tired but I'll sort that out by going to bed earlier than usual. Where did you go and why did you call Mia to the hospital?" I ask.

"Uh....I had to attend to something urgent and I didn't wanna leave you all alone so I thought of calling her." Idris explains.

"Does this urgent something have anything to do with Sophie?" I ask.

"Yeah. She lost someone dear to her so I had to go....you know....make her feel better." Idris says.

"You shouldn't have called Mia. You should have left me. It's not like I can't look after myself." I say.

"How could I've left you in that condition? What if it had started again, who's gonna help you then?" Idris asks.

"I can help myself, Idris and just in case you didn't know, Mia has a part-time job which she was at before you called her." I say.

"Oh....I didn't know. But she came, didn't she?" Idris asks rhetorically.

"Idris...don't ever call Mia like that please.....I'm asking." I say.

"Why?" Idris asks.

"It doesn't matter why. Just please don't call her like that again." I say.

"Okay. So speaking of all these, what's your condition? Is it what I'm thinking?" Idris asks.

"If what you're thinking is what I think you're thinking then yes." I say.

"What.....but how? I thought...."

"I know. I had my suspicions though." I say.

"How is that even possible? I thought it was over. You overcame it like three years ago or something." Idris says.

"I guess I didn't totally overcome it." I say.

"What were you so bothered about that it came back? We both know how it happens so....what's actually going on?" Idris asks.

"I'm gonna tell you later. I don't think I'm really in the right state of mind to talk about it." I say.

"Okay dude. I totally understand. You should go to bed. Maybe we'll talk about it tomorrow when you feel stronger." Idris says.

"Okay man. I'll stay here a bit longer before heading to my room." I say.

"Alright. I'll be heading to my room now." Idris says as he stands from the couch.

"Before I forget....did you meet your cousin? She told me earlier to tell you that she wanna see you." I say.

"Yep, I've spoken to her. Just something about her engagement party." Idris says.

"Okay then. Good night." I say.

"Good night" Idris says. He starts walking away to his room.

************************************
Mia's POV.......

"Mia! Where have you been?" Amber asks.

I just got back from the hospital.

"Yeah....Suzie told us that she saw you running off to somewhere you didn't mention. Where'd you go?" Michelle asks.

"I had to hurry to somewhere." I say.

"Somewhere....where?" Amber asks.

"The hospital." I say as I slump into the nearest couch.

"Huh? Why'd you go to the hospital?" Michelle asks.

"Are you sick?....Oh my gosh, what's wrong with you?" Amber asks, sitting by my left side.

Michelle sits at the right.

"Not me....Jace." I say.

"What happened to him?" Amber asks.

"I don't really know. He said he had a panic attack." I say.

"Is he okay now?" Amber asks.

"He should be. Mia's presence should've been enough to make him feel better." Michelle says.

"Michelle! This is no good time to tease. This is serious." Amber says.

"I'm not teasing. I'm just stating facts. Why'd he call Mia....it's because he might've needed or rather wanted Mia's presence and Mia who happens to be a wonderful girlfriend ran to him ASAP." Michelle says.

"Okay, first of all, Michelle....It was his roommate that called me for help while I was attending to a customer and second of all, you're starting to piss me off with this "girlfriend" "boyfriend" stuff." I say.

Speaking of girlfriend, I just had a little flashback on how Jace talked about me being his "girlfriend-to-be"
He sounded so serious.

Then that glance....
That questionable glance and the smirk too.

I don't know but they gave me this weird kinda feeling. Something that I don't think I've felt before and also something I can't explain.

"It sounds like it still meant the same thing. He might've asked his roommate to call you 'cause he might've been too weak to do so. And about the "girlfriend" "boyfriend" stuff like you mentioned, it's the truth and I'm not surprised that you're getting pissed 'cause I'm told that some truths hurts." Michelle says.

"Michelle, this isn't really the time for this." Amber says.

"Why're you always tryna act so good...like you don't say things like this about her and Jace?" Michelle asks.

"I'm not always tryna act so good and I know I also say things like that about her and Jace which, by the way,  I'm still gonna say someday 'cause there's an almost obvious connection between the two....but I don't think tonight is good to talk about it." Amber says.

"Why?" Michelle asks.

"Are you seriously asking that?" Amber asks.

"Of course I am." Michelle says.

"Michelle, someone we know was hospitalized and we're not even sure if he's completely fine and all you could think of is to make an almost silly comment about "him feeling better because of someone's presence"
Not even a "how's he doing now?" or "I hope he gets better". That doesn't sound so nice. There's time for everything." Amber says.

"Silly comment? Aren't you overreacting now?" Michelle asks.

"Of course I'm not. This isn't overreacting." Amber says.

"It is and it sucks. It sucks how you always play the good person and I'm the one who makes "silly comments". It really sucks." Michelle says.

"Now you're beginning to make this a big deal." Amber says.

"No, you're the one who started it." Michelle says.

"I merely told you that you did something the wrong way and you should accept it. You never accept your mistakes, do you? You only find a thousand ways to defend them and that's wrong too." Amber says.

Why does it sound like they're arguing??

'Cause they're arguing.

I don't think I'm in the right mood to listen to Michelle and Amber argue about something like this.
Something that involves me and Jace.
So I think it's best I just go to my room.

"You know I'm......"

I interrupt Michelle.

"Can you guys just stop!!!" I yell.

Michelle and Amber stops their argument.

"Really? You guys had to start an unnecessary argument because of what?" I ask rhetorically.

"Amber started it....."

I interrupt Michelle again.

"Does it look like I really care who started it? You know what....I don't really have anything to say to you two. I'm just gonna go to my room and take a rest while you guys can argue as much as you desire. Have a good night ladies." I say as I stand from the couch and start walking away.

I'm too worried about Jace now. I don't think a mindless argument can help with my worries. All I think I need now is a nice nap.

I really hope whatever Jace was hiding isn't something serious.

************************************
"So, the ans......Jace....are you listening?" I ask.

I get no reply.

Jace and I are currently in the library for our session. Just like the past few days, he's not listening.

"Jace....Jace!!" I snap at him.

"Huh? What?" He asks in confusion.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Uh...yes....yeah.....I'm okay." Jace says.

"Have you been listening to everything I've been saying?" I ask.

"Yeah, I've." Jace says.

"What were the last five words I said concerning the topic we're on?" I ask.

"The last five words.......uh....the...last five words.....they were......uh....." Jace stutters.

"You haven't been listening." I say.

"I'm....I'm...really...really sorry." Jace says.

"It's okay. I'll just go again but you should really pay attention this time." I say.

"I'm sorry." Jace apologizes.

"I told you it's fine. Just be attentive." I say.

I proceed to continue my tutoring.

I've to go back a bit since Jace hasn't been listening.

Few minutes later.......

I suddenly start hearing low gasping and it sounds so close.

I lift my head away from the book in front of me and look up.....

It's Jace. The gasping is coming from Jace. He's gasping for breathe.

Oh no!
What's wrong??

"Jace, are you okay?" I ask.

Jace says no word rather he places his right hand on his chest in discomfort. His gasping is growing louder.

"Jace....Jace....what's......"

Jace suddenly stands and starts walking away from the library as fast as he can.

What the heck is going on???

I stand from the library chair and follow him behind.

"Jace! What's wrong?" I ask, trying to catch up with him.

He starts running a little. His gasping wasn't getting better and he's literally struggling to run or ever walk properly.

"Jace....stop running....wait up." I say.

I keep trying to catch up with him.

We reach outside the library. Jace leans on the pillar nearest to him.

I'm guessing he can't go any further. I hear him breathing heavily. His right hand still on his chest.

I walk closer to him.

"Jace.....breathe.....breathe" I say.

"I....I....can....can't...." Jace stutters.

"You've to try. Just take a deep breath." I say.

He's trying to take a deep breath but it's not really working. The dude's struggling.

I place my hands on his shoulders and start moving them down to his arms and back up to his shoulders, in the way one would do to another if he/she is feeling cold, to know if it's gonna relieve him at all.

"Just breathe.....you can do it........ breathe...." I say as I keep doing what I'm doing with his shoulders and arms.

His gasping/heavy breathing lowers after sometime.

I think it's working.....

"Take a deep breath." I say.

Jace's right hand slowly drops from his chest. He's breathing properly now.

Thank goodness!

"You good?" I ask.

Jace simply nods.

"Okay....good." I say, removing my hands from his arms.

"How did you do that?" Jace asks.

"Do what?" I ask.

"You just stopped my.....issue by just rubbing my arms and talking. How did you do that?" Jace asks.

"Umm....by rubbing your arms and talking." I say.

Jace chuckles.

"Why not go home and rest? We can cancel today's session." I say.

"But we already started. Let's just go and continue." Jace says.

"You weren't focused and you obviously need rest so let's just leave out today, okay?"

"Okay" Jace says

"Good. Go and sit at the under-tree spot, I'll go and get your stuffs from the library and I'm gonna call Idris to come and take you home." I say.

I quickly turn and walk back into the library.

*************
Jace's POV.......

"Wait......"

I couldn't complete my statement before Mia entered back into the library.

Mia and I were in the library for our session when I started having.......an attack. I had to leave the library. Mia happened to follow me. I didn't know she would.

Why wouldn't she??
You had an attack right in front of her.

Yeah...right....

I didn't want it to happen when I'm with Mia but it has already happened.

Damnit!!

She managed to calm me down. I still have no idea how she did it.

She suggested I go home and get some rest. She just went back into the library to help me grab my stuffs and she also wanna call Idris to take me home.

I was gonna tell her that Idris may no longer be anywhere around the campus at the moment.

I'm just gonna go to the under-tree spot like she instructed.

Few minutes later.......

I hear footsteps coming towards where I'm sitting on the under-tree bench.

It's Mia.

"Here are your stuffs. I'm gonna call Idris real quick." Mia says.

"Uh...about that.....Idris may not be in the campus premises now. He told me he was gonna go out with his girlfriend after his lectures. According to him, his girlfriend lost someone dear to her so he's trying to make her feel better." I say.

"Oh...so what are we gonna do?" Mia asks.

"I'll just go on my own. Not like I really need Idris to take me home." I say.

"I can't let you go on your own." Mia says.

She seems to care.
It's really boosting my hope.

"Why? I'm fine. I can go on my own." I say.

"Jace, I know you're not fine so I'm not letting you go on your own. If you're gonna go on your own then I'm gonna get you a taxi." Mia says.

"That's not really necessary. I prefer walking home." I say.

"It's necessary so come on, let's go get you a taxi." Mia says.

"Or you could just take me home." I say.

"Huh?"

"Please Mia, take me home. I want you to take me. Walk me to my place. I see you got your stuffs too." I say.

"Uh....oo..okay...fine, I'll walk you to your apartment." Mia says.

"Thanks." I say, standing up from the bench.

"Shall we?" Mia asks.

"That's supposed to be my question." I say with a chuckle.

"Well, it's mine now." Mia says with a smile.

I love it when she smiles.

"Okay then. We shall." I say.

"And that's supposed to be my answer." Mia says.

"Well, it's mine now." I say.

We both chuckle.

I feel Mia take my hand into hers as we proceed to leave the campus area.

Just having a little contact with any part of her body makes me feel good and hopeful about having her.

Maybe that's what happened back there, in front of the library...

Yeah....probably....

But it's not totally good because it leaves me wanting her more.

Why now???

This is a terrible period for that but I can't really help it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.2K 7K 46
Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came a new perspective on life. She's very pr...
9.1K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
888 12 8
Mia a party girl who moved to LA 5 years ago but it wasn't until she met a certain nightclub owner that her life changed for the better. Mia thought...
259K 6.1K 52
Love Rejection Heartbreak -------------------------------------------------------- Mia has spent her life living like she's invisible in her own hous...