Heart Strings

By Moonpvssy

Henry was never the type of guy that was like by many people at school. Like most nerds, he didn't really car... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Discussion
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four

Chapter Twenty-Four

12 3 2
By Moonpvssy

*might be grammar mistakes but I was getting sleepy.*

Maddison's POV

I crept downstairs with a key in my hand. It was a spare key Dad had whenever he couldn't find the original. It was the afternoon and Henry wasn't home. Sabrina and Dad were out by the pool. I knew I shouldn't snoop but once I woke up again the curiosity was chewing on me

I wanted answers, maybe my Dad was his secret therapist or something. I slid the key inside the lock. The door clicked open and I quickly slipped inside. I looked around, there was a tall bookcase that led to the ceiling and was filled with books. File cabinets on the opposite side of the room. The desk was in the center with a few leather chairs in front of the desk.

I walked over to the desk. I cut on the lamp seated comfortably on the edge. I stopped before opening the Macbook. Did I really wanna do this? I couldn't wait until Henry came to me...I groaned and opened the laptop.

I put in my birthday for the password and it opened. I waited for a moment, listening for my Dad. I felt an adrenaline rush, I felt like an agent trying to solve a mystery.

"What to click on first." I mumbled while squinting my eyes at the bright screen. I decided to click on messages. It was all business plans or messages between him and me.

"Boring." I muttered clicking on gmails. I scrolled through them until I found a bank report. I clicked on it without thinking. I cursed silently, I should've paid attention in that accounting class.

I skimmed over the email and froze for a second. 1500 hundred dollars wired to...Jordan. Who is Jordan? Probably a business partner. I blew out a breath, of course, this was pointless. This wasn't a movie or some drama show. I wasn't gonna find anything.

I didn't feel like looking or snooping anymore. I shut the laptop and slipped back into the hall. I bent down on the floor and slid the key underneath the door.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped up and grabbed onto my chest.

"God, you scared me." I looked at Henry as he walked down the stairs. I didn't even hear him come home.

"I thought you were out." I said following behind him after he passed me. He ignored me as he walked to the sliding doors that led to the pool.

"I was working." Henry mumbled. I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Can we talk about last night?" I asked quietly.

What is there to discuss?" Henry said back turned to me.

"The fact that I overstepped. I didn't mean to treat you like that." I said walking up to him. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I realize that you need time to talk and I get that. I just wanna show you-"

Henry shrugged me off and turned to look at me with a fierce expression.

"You don't have to talk about it. I'll be going home tomorrow." Henry spoke calmly.

"You don't have to leave. My Dad seems to like you a lot and you need his help. Don't let my mouth ruin that." I said putting my hands up, I grabbed onto his arms gently.

"Henry, you are my tutor and friend. I use that term loosely. Anyway, I want you to listen to me for a second." I stopped for a moment, waiting for him to leave or make a quick comment that was insanely negative. Henry remained still with his head tilted to the side.

"Okay...I wasn't actually...anyway. I'm gonna share something about myself and then I want-"

"This isn't friendship camp." Henry mumbled.

"I know but listen. I'll share my thing then you'll share something." I finished letting him go. My hands were buzzing, they probably smelt like- okay let's calm down.

"What exactly is this gonna fix?" Henry asked looking at me with confusion.

"I don't know, hopefully make you trust me." I laughed quietly. Henry's face softened as he searched my face.

"You really wanna know my life? Don't you?" Henry asked suddenly. I opened my mouth but I couldn't find anything to say.

"I- I- I wanna be your friend. I want you to allow me to be in your life. I understand if you don't want that but why can't you be my friend?" I muttered maintaining eye contact. Henry let out a laugh.

"Maddison, look at you. Would you ever have looked at me if I wasn't your tutor? You have tons of friends. You don't need to add me to your roaster." Henry said with an eye roll.

"I- Henry-"

"Exactly." Henry said

"So? I still managed to talk to you outside our sessions." I responded I was confused. I didn't understand him. How was this going so bad so fast?

"Can we just talk later? I feel dirty." Henry mumbles as he walks away. I watch as he walks up the stairs. What's it gonna take to leave square one? Was I becoming too desperate?

I heard the door slide open. I turned and saw Sabrina and Dad walking in. Sabrina instantly took off, the little girl was so fast.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Dad as I followed behind him to the kitchen. Dad grunted as he rubbed the towel over his head.

"What's going on with Henry?" I asked checking over my shoulder before looking back at my Dad.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked with a confused look.

"You know what I mean. What are you helping him with?" I asked quickly. Dad's lips twitched as he eyed me for a moment.

"I think you should talk to him about this. I'm too old to be in teenage drama." Dad chuckles as he grabs the house phone off the counter.

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't a little child anymore I could handle this. Why were they keeping secrets? Why was Dad keeping secrets? I'm his freaking daughter.

"Don't you think I should know why he is here?" I asked as I stepped closer to him.

"Maddison, not right now." Dad said sternly before leaving the kitchen. I couldn't help but feel heavily stressed and annoyed. Yet, I knew I couldn't question Henry again. I promised myself I wouldn't.

——

Henry's POV

I tapped repeatedly on my steering wheel. I don't know why I was here. Why I needed to be here. I heard my phone go off again. I checked the caller ID. It was from Mom again, she had been calling a lot recently. I ignored the call when I saw the blonde walking toward my car. She had a smirk on her plump lips. Once Olivia reached my door, she knocked on the window. I unlocked the door allowing her to open the car door.

"Mhm, how can I help you?" Olivia said with a grin. She wore a short neon green skirt with a crop top. I looked back up at her.

"Uh.."

"My parents are out if you wanna come inside." She offered placing her hand on my thigh. "I'm sure this is what you came for." She added lowly.

Olivia moved her hand closer to my zipper. My breath picked up as I waited. Olivia's blue eyes met mine. She brought her face closer to mine, leaning in so close. I could smell strawberries on her breath.

"Let me take care of you, baby." Olivia said before connecting our lips. I grabbed onto her face pulling us closer if possible. I needed this, my mind to be fogged. I wanted to forget how fucked up I was or how fucked I was. I wanted to enjoy this moment and nothing else.

I broke the kiss for a moment.

"Do you have anything?" I asked quickly.

"Alcohol or...the hard stuff?" Olivia asked with a grin. I swallowed my spit.

"Uh- alcohol." I said quickly as I licked my lips. Olivia nodded before mumbling something as she crashed our lips together.

——

-Two hours later-

"Mhm."

Olivia slurred as she backed up. She pulled me towards her again.

"I have to go. I've been gone too long." I muttered groping her waist.

"Doesn't round three sound good?" Olivia asked leaning back and tilting her head to the side. Her hair was frizzy and in her eyes. She looked drunk out of her mind.

"It does." I said but I pushed her away gently. Olivia sighed before falling backward on her bed. She pulled her underwear back up before leaning up to look at me. She smirked and kicked her legs.

"This is gonna be so fun." Olivia said eyeing me with dark eyes.

"What are you talking about?"  I asked picking my clothes off the floor. Olivia didn't say anything but I could feel her watching me closely. I got dressed and looked for my keys next. It should've been easier to find them but I could still feel the vodka in my system.

"Are you sure you should drive home? You can't even stand." Olivia laughed as she walked over to me. I felt her body heat on me, I instantly leaned into her touch. She smelt like...smelt like Mom. Not Mom now but the old Mom. The honeycomb and nectar. God, I missed it. I missed the loving gaze she used to give me or the hugs.

"Can you hug me?" I asked quietly.

"What?"

"Can you hug me?" I said quickly but louder. Olivia froze for a moment before wrapping her arms around my neck. I hugged her back tighter.

"Are you okay? I've been hugged after sex before." She mumbled before her grip loosened. I let her go before covering my face. One, to hide my embarrassment, and two, my tears. I inhaled and wiped my face. I got up quickly and apologized.

"Your keys are on the hook by the door. Uh- I hope you feel better." Olivia said as I heard her behind me. I turned to face her one last time. She looked concerned but it turned into a smile.

"Don't be a stranger." She whispered before shutting her door. I leaned against it, I didn't know if I should miss the smell, her embrace, or those dangerous smiles of hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
85.1K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
45.4K 1.8K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...
1.9K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...