After Dark 2

By lovejeleah

A continuation of After Dark.. More

New York
Getting comfortable
Back home
Us
Thinking
Missing her
What if
Stubborn
Rollercoaster
Opportunities
Disaster
Struggles
Things change
Moving on?
Surprise
Supportive
In town
Advice
Miami
Sugar
Missed it
Figuring it out
Wine girlies
Cravings
Need to fix
Soul tied
Moving
Movie date
Missing you
Take care
Event fun
Situationship
Insecurities

We meet again

85 4 10
By lovejeleah

Leahs POV

2 months later

My official role in my job is being a fashion marketer. I've been promoting so many brands in the past months since I started and I'm actually proud of how far I've gone. I've gotten to meet so many cool people. Get so many opportunities to get my name out there too cause I'd love to work with even bigger people in the future. Right now I love what I do. I'm so thankful I'm here.

But aside from work, I've been so independent. Obviously I'm not with Jennifer anymore and I haven't been seeing anyone ever since cause I have been so focused on work. I do miss being in a relationship. I feel like me being with her has been one of the biggest impacts in my life. Time with her went by fast and I just wish things didn't go downhill cause I really did love her and I do miss her time to time. Thankfully my job keeps me busy. I saw her a few months ago but it was brief. We ran into each other at a party. She ended off the night drunk so I don't even know if she remembers everything. We talked for a bit but that's it.

I've been thinking about her lately though. Not too much into what we had but I've just been thinking about how she is. Is she okay or not? Is she seeing someone now? Is she messing with girls again? Who knows. She's been doing great though with her fashion side. I've seen her in a few promos and collabs. I know she overthinks a lot too so I hope she's okay mentally too. I still care about her. I still believe one day we can reconnect. Even if it's just as friends. Who knows.

Anyways, I'm out running a few errands. I'm the girl who lives in New York but drives everywhere instead of taking the subway and walking. I mean I do that sometimes but I'm still a California girl at heart and I'm so used to driving everywhere. And yes I still drives Jennifer's car. Well she gave it to me. It's mine. But still.

As I'm going back to my car from coming out of the grocery store, I get a phone call from a random number. I usually don't answer it but the zip code looked too familiar. Maybe it's someone I know.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi Leah Remini. I'm calling to see if Jennifer can give us a call?"

"Um....I- who is this?"

"C"

"C?"

"She'll know. Just have her call us back."

"Why?"

"It's important"

"I need more context. I don't even know who you are"

"This isn't something we can discuss on the phone. It involves money. So have her call asap"

"Why couldn't you just call her?"

"Our calls won't go through to her"

"So why call me?"

"You're the second source to her. We need her to call in the next 24 hours. She can lose everything and so can you"

I paused and locked my doors as I sat in the car extremely confused. But I do remember Jennifer was in some kind of cult back then. Ugh.

"Okay" I said. And they hung up immediately.

I really don't understand this shit and why they're so suspicious and weird.

So I went on my phone and looked for Jennifer's number. I didn't delete her number but we removed each other off of social media. Our message thread hasn't been deleted either. It's just sooo far down my messages. Like in the dust type of far.

I wanted to just text her about this whole thing but they told me she has 24 hours. Why am I panicking? What if they're just trying to scare us. Then again she was in some serious stuff. I only know briefly about it.

So I called her.

4 rings later and she finally answers.

"Hello?" She says.

"Hey.."

"Hi?"

"It's Leah"

"H-hi"

"You didn't delete my number did you?" I asked her.

"No."

"Mm. Well no use of me saying who I was"

"I'm just confused. Why're you calling me?"

"Why is C calling me?"

She gets quiet for a second.

"And why do they have my number?" I continue.

"What did they say?"

"Something about having 24 hours to call them back or we lose everything? What kind of cult were you in? And why am I involved?"

"I'm sorry. Its cause we were together back then. I didn't know they'd call you.. but..I completely got myself out of whatever that was so I am actually not sure why they're back. I've changed everything. I blocked all their numbers. They have no way to ruin whatever they're trying to ruin"

"They have my number jennifer. I feel like they could do something."

"They can't Leah. They just want me back in to help make more money. Just block them."

"Okay if I block them..what if they try to do something still"

"They can't"

"Jennifer.."

"No seriously Leah I promise you. I know everything they do. Just please trust me and just block them. I don't want us involved anymore. I really just didn't think they'd keep your number. I gave it a long ass time ago but not for any bad reason. I didn't want to involve you. So just block them."

"Okaaaaay..." I said sounding still doubtful.

"I'm sorry again."

"It's okay. I hope.."

"I'm shocked you have my number still"

"Why would I delete it?"

"Well I mean we broke off a whole ass engagement."

"Yeah..but I wanted to keep it in case of anything. You know like if I find a good brand opportunity for you from my job or something. I could just...call you" I said and shrugged as I'm people watching in my car.

"Oh..you'd do that?"

"I mean yeah"

"Oh..well..thank you Leah" she says.

"Ha..of course."

"So nothing yet?"

"No..haha. Just me doing my marketing part. Havent had the chance to pick my own people I wanna have involved in promos."

"Oh. Well, how is it going?"

"It's great. I'm the main fashion marketer in the company now and-"

"No I mean you. How are you?"

"Oh- I'm good! Just working a lot as usual. And you?"

"Mm. Same."

"I do see you a lot all over."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah like when I have to promote certain brands and stuff. You're one of the main people I see for the samplings. They all love you as their PR girly"

"Oh wow. That's cool"

"Pretty cool haha.."

"That's crazy then. You can't get away from me I guess" she says. I giggled a little. "I guess so."

I was being kind of short with her but at the same time, inside it felt good talking to her again.

"Well if you get any other weird calls just let me know. But as long as you block that number, you're fine. I won't let anything happen"

"Alright. I'm trusting you"

"Yes just trust me."

"Okay. Well that's all then."

"Okay.."

"Wait"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to the screening of that new movie Frank posted about? Not sure if you saw it on Instagram but I think he's really good friends with the producer"

"Oh yeah! I am actually"

"Oh! Ha..I am too"

"Oh cool! I guess I'll see you next week then?"

"Yeah" I said.

"Okay. Well sounds good. I'll see you"

"See you soon"

We both hung up and I let out the biggest sigh. Why was I getting nervous towards the end there. And why was our convo a little longer than expected? I didn't expect her to ask how I was. But I now have to block that number that called me. I really don't want any part of that. I barely know anything about it and Jennifer didn't really give me information about it back then when we were together so I'm just clueless and hoping everything will be fine.

-

Jens pov

It's a Saturday afternoon. I'm getting ready to shower because I have a screening event to go to tonight. Yes the one Leah will be at.

After I showered, I put some sweet and musky lotion on me and topped it with a light body spray before I dressed up. That's how I get my scent to last long.

My outfit tonight was a simple gold sparkly dress. Really short with a slit on both sides so you can completely see my upper thighs. And the dress dips at the cleavage. My heels were strappy closed toed heels and my hair will be a blow out type of style.

Later on, on my way to the event, I went to drop off mayas sweater that she left in my car last week.

"Thank you sexy" she says as I grab the sweater in the back seat and I feel her slap my ass.

I back away from my car and hand her the sweater then giggled.

"Not in public you whore" I said to her. She smiles and eyes me down.

"Come over after the event" she says and licks her lips.

"Mm I'll try. It's a big movie and party after. But I'll try to sneak out early."

"You look so good" she says and tilts her head. She cannot stop eyeing me. I know I look good. My ex is going to be there. I have to.

"I'll text you"

"Okay fine. Have fun"

"Bye" I giggle and hop in my car.

I get to the event and get my car to valet parking.

Once I walked in I immediately saw Frank.

"Wow! You look great! Thank you for coming!" He says. "Thank you for inviting me!"

"It's a really good movie. And lots of food after the movie"

"Yay! I'm excited"

"Good! Right now we're just having the red carpet event. Which you'll be walking on"

"What?"

"Yeah! Paparazzis are ready for you"

"Oh my goodness. Okay haha" I said.

Wow. Me on a red carpet? That's crazy.

I start walking and posed for the camera in front of the movie billboard wall they had behind me. All I see are flashing lights everywhere. I don't know how celebrities do this but this is blinding.

I continue walking down more and got more pictures. Then I looked to my right and Frank was smiling at me.

"Come!" I said to him and stuck my arm out. So he walks over to me and gets in some pictures with me. I'm so thankful for Frank because he's done a lot for me to get my name even bigger.

After that I walked off the carpet with Frank.

"Wow! That was cool!" I said.

"Get used to it! Those pictures will be everywhere too! Especially with that outfit. I won't be surprised if you break the internet." He joked. I laughed and shook my head.

"Sure. That would never happen to me" I said. "You never know Jennifer. You're like a queen!"

"Stop!" I said happily and smiled a lot. Then I looked around and spotted someone.

Leah

"Oh-" I said to myself and looked away quick when she saw me looking at her.

Me and Frank continued to talk but I saw his eyes go somewhere past me.

"You and Leah..in the same event" he says. I press my lips. He knows that me and her have been done with each other. But I did talk to her last week. So hopefully it's not awkward seeing each other today.

"It's fine we told each other we'd both be here"

"Oh? You guys talked?"

"She called me about something important. We hadn't talked though since months ago."

"So it's okay if I call her to come here"

"Who is she with? I don't wanna look" I said

"Just some other marketing people she probably knows"

"Oh okay. Yeah call her I guess." I said. And he did not hesitate to call her right away.

"Hey Leah! You look good" he says as they hug. I eyed her down fast before she saw me. She does look good. And smells great.

"Thank you! You two look good too!" She says and looks at me. I smile softly at her.

I felt her hesitate for a second but then she gives me a hug. So I hugged her back.

She smells so good..

"Hi" I giggle.

"Hi" she says to me softly.

After months of us not being together and I still find this bitch so damn hot. Great.

"Wait I'll be right back" Frank randomly says.

"Wha- Frank!" I said. "One sec!" He said and runs off.

I know he did this on purpose.

He was so mad when he found out we broke up. He thinks me and her could be the power couple or some shit. We both have such a cool job and lifestyle and he loves it.

"I saw you went on the red carpet" Leah tells me. I turn back to her and nod. "Yeah.. kind of nerve racking but it was cool! Hopefully the pictures turn out good. I mean they took so many. One wrong turn and it could be a bad picture."

"I'm sure they all look good. I mean you look so beautiful right now" she tells me.

"Thank you" I said to her shyly.

Ew what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm just nervous about being around her cause I was a little tipsy last time I saw her. Now I'm just nervous what she thinks of me. We haven't talked like this in months and we had the worst way of breaking up that you can imagine.

"Do you know where you're sitting in the theater?" She asks. "I heard there was a section for all of us to sit at. I'm not too sure but it says on our ticket. But I may sit with Frank"

"Hmm okay. Let me ask him when he comes back. If he does" she says.

"Haha yeah.."

We stopped talking for a bit and I went on my phone as were just standing around.

"How's cali been?" She asks me.

"It's the same. The weather has been perfect. Traffic everywhere as usual.." I said.

"Aw.. I get home sick a lot. I do miss living out here."

"How long are you out here for?"

"Until Wednesday."

"Oh wow. So vacation?"

"Yeah"

"Nice!"

Later Frank finally comes back to us. Just before it was time to go in the theater to watch the movie.

Leah ended up sitting with the other marketing people that she knows. Thankfully cause I didn't want the night to be awkward. Even though it hasn't really been awkward with her tonight.

After the movie was the little party. It was on the other side of the theater in a lounge with a bar. I didn't plan to stay too long though. I told Maya I'd try to leave early for obvious reasons and I was down for it. But also I didn't want to leave too soon cause my ex is here and I look really good tonight and so does she.

The whole night turned out fun.

Leah and I ended up running into each other again and she introduced me to her marketing friends.

"I've seen you everywhere! You are so gorgeous!" One of them says. I smiled a lot and scrunched my nose. "Stop. Thank you!" I said.

"Did you guys see her on the red carpet? Usually they don't take so many pictures of newer people but the flashes were going crazy on Jennifer. They loved her!" Leah tells them. I look at Leah and couldn't help but smile. One thing about her, she'll make sure people know who I am so I can stand out and get known. She's always supported me in that.

"I actually saw some release already!" Another one of them said and pulls out her phone. "See look!" She says and shows me the pictures.

"Oh damn! That was fast." I said then looked at Leah again. She was already looking at me.

My heart kind of skipped a bit.

I raised my brows at her and nudged her. "I'm being posted everywhere" I tell her. "You deserve it" she says to me. I press my lips and look away and back at the phone with all my pictures.

"I'll have to check them out later. Wow" I said

"Yeah girl. You're killing it" they said.

"Let's have a drink in honor!" Another girl says.

"Sure! Haha" I said.

So we all grabbed some drinks at the bar and drank together.

But of course, I made a face. And of course, Leah catches it.

She hands me her drink and I sipped it and giggled cause she knows me too well.

I liked hers better yet again. I suck at ordering my own drinks.

She takes my drink and I kept hers. We didn't even have to say anything. We just knew.

Then the song that's playing changes into a more up beat song to dance to and we all started dancing.

I did a spin as I'm swaying my hips and holding the drink in the air.

I cheesed hard as I realized I swayed my hips a little too much and everyone's attention is on me in this little group I'm mingling with. Only cause leah dragged me with them.

Leah started dancing more too and swayed her hips. Then she gets closer to me and we're just inches apart dancing together.

Of course I went with it.

Seconds later, she turned around while dancing and backs into me a tiny bit more so that we were touching.
Now we're just dancing against each other.

I placed my hand on her waist cause fuck it. Why not?

Then she bends over and grinds lightly against me.

One of the girls screamed and some cheered us on. I started laughing cause there's so much attention on us and I also saw Frank laughing at us.

She stands back straight and pulls away and turns around to look at me as she's still dancing.

"Sorry. I had to." she giggles. "It's okay" I said to her and brought my drink towards hers and clinked it. Then we both sipped.

I knew I'd see her here tonight since we mentioned it. But never would I have thought we would dance together.

I ended up staying for a while at the party. Even though I wanted to leave early. But I'm only still here cause now me and Leah are talking to each other in some corner.

I'm leaning back onto the wall and she's leaning to her side onto the wall facing me. Literally having me cornered. But I was okay with it. We're three drinks in. We're just in our own little world right now.

"You're not seeing anyone are you?" I randomly asked her. "Why?" She asks and tilts her head.

"Cause you danced on me silly! I know you wouldn't do that with all the cameras around"

She eyes me down and sips her drink but I'm a laid back and then just looks at me in the eyes. Fuck.

"I'm too busy working. You know that"

"Mm. Alright" I said.

"How about you?" She asks and reaches her hand out and plays with my hair.

"Mm..let's not talk about me" I said.

She squints her eyes and tilts her head. "Why?"

"Cause I wanna know what's going on with you" I said.

"Nothing important. Except now I'm realizing how much I've missed seeing your beautiful face" she says.

And I started blushing and I smiled at her.

"You forgot this beautiful face?" I ask her.

"I mean no. But it's hitting me again.. and this outfit.. don't know how I'm gonna get over this look"

"Don't worry. It's gonna be all over the internet apparently" I said. She laughs and continued playing with my hair.

I finished up my drink and so did she.

"Let's put our glasses away" she says as I'm playing with the straw with my mouth. I stuck my tongue onto it for a second while looking at her with more of my seductive look. Then I smirked and got off the wall and started to walk and she followed.

We dropped our glasses down back at the bar.

"I have no idea where Frank went but he was supposed to be my little date for the night" i said.

"When do you plan on leaving?" She asks.

"Don't know. Whenever Frank does. If he hasn't even left yet."

"Call him" she says.

"Alright"

So I called him. Turns out he left. He couldn't find me and left but I just barely saw his text of him looking for us. Oops. I was too busy with Leah.

"He left"

"I knew it"

"He texted me though. He was trying to find us. But I guess whenever you're ready to leave, I'll leave too.." i said.

"I just have to call my Uber"

"Oh, uh..I can give you a ride. It's so late"

She looks at me. I innocently smile and shrug my shoulders.

"I'm at the Edition hotel in West Hollywood"

"Okay. I'll take you"

"Okay. Thank you"

"Let me just sober up a bit. I'm not drunk. The drinks were far apart each time I drank and I'm not feeling any buzz surprisingly.

"Yeah just let me know when we leave"

While we waited for me to sober up as I'm drinking lots of water and eating more food, we went to the bathroom.

I just wanted to look at myself in the mirror and freshen up. But Leah..oh Leah.. she's been leading me on all night. I know she is. Right now she's just staring at me.

"You have nothing else to look at?"

"I can't look at you?" Leah says.

I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"I mean you're basically eye fucking me" I said.

She giggles and shakes her head and looks away.

"Fix your strap Leah" I said and walked to her to help her fix it on her outfit.

"Thanks" she says. I let go but drag my hand behind her lower back at look at her at the mirror.

"Don't want a nip slip to happen" I said.

Leah giggled.

I admit, we're being touchy. It's not even a lot though. But somethings definitely in the air.

Later we left the party. Who am I offering my ex fiancé a ride to her hotel. I mean I didn't want her ubering so late at night. Her hotel is kind of far from the event too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 7.3K 39
Sequel to Wrong Number.
5.9K 537 34
Everything changes for Leah when she meets Jennifer. A girl with a high speed and spontaneous lifestyle. But Leah hasn't seen that side of Jen yet. T...
287K 9.9K 55
Jennifer's trying to figure her life out as a 20 year old college student, still living with her parents. Her mom forces her into a simple babysittin...
3.8M 99.3K 38
Highest ranking(s): #1 in pride #1 in les #1 in drama #1 in girlxgirl #2 in lesbian #4 in gxg #5 in lgbt (PART ONE OF TWO) Jennifer, a young and be...