Secret of An Alpha: Repercuss...

By WONDERPSYCHO

(Sequel to Secret of An Alpha: Retribution.) Alpha Luke knows the truth. He is struggling to forgive his mate... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Part two - Recollection
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four

Chapter twenty-seven

1.1K 56 10
By WONDERPSYCHO

The moment Rolus left with Tamera, Luke's parents came to his office. His mother sat on the couch, and his father came to sit in front of him.

"Your Beta gave us a brief of what's going on. You want your Delta to be Rolus' Luna?" Samson asked, tilting his head.

Luke did not have the energy for whatever this was. "Yes. I'm already unsettled as it is."

"So, you're rejecting your mate?"

Luke wished the person in front of him was just an ordinary person, and not his father. He held back the need to snap. "He's rejecting me."

"Oh? Can't be rejecting you if you're forcing your Delta to have a relationship with him," Samson countered, frowning.

Luke glanced at his mother. She just stared back at him. He averted his eyes. "Father, do you think I would want them to have a relationship if I had a choice? Do you think I, your son, who doesn't even feel the mate bond, and lucky to even have a mate that was generous enough to let me know that he was my mate, would be happy to trade said mate for anything else? Do you think I had a choice?" It was hard to control his anger now. He was frustrated with everything.

"Why didn't you have a choice?" his mother asked, standing up. She came over to the table, putting a hand on her mate's shoulder.

"Mother, I can't tell you until I get permission from Rolus."

His mother nodded, face still impassive.

"Then I guess we will have to pay your mate a visit then. I'm sure he would be delighted to tell us the reason why he wants to kill our son," his mother said, looking at his father.

Luke grit his teeth, exasperated. That's why he didn't want his parents involved. They would probably try to scare Tamera off.

"Father, please talk to Mother. You can't get involved in this. Rolus and I made the decision and we thought it best to continue with the plan."

His father glared. "You guys both agree it is alright to risk your life? Let me tell you something. The moment your mate finalizes things with your Delta, it's over for you. Your wolf will get the brunt of your stupid decision, and you will not be fit to continue being Alpha. Is this what you're willing to risk? If you don't want to think about yourself, then think about your Pack!"

Luke was tired of explaining himself as if he had a choice! Rolus was not willing to give him a choice at all. "I need some rest." Luke stood up, leaving his parents.

He knew it was scary for them to imagine losing another child, but they were not going to lose him. He didn't have the mate bond, and the mate bond is the one that finished them if they were rejected. He was going to be alright. That's what he thought, tried to convince himself.

_______

He received a call from Perez later on in the day. He had managed to secure an online meeting with his parents. They were willing to listen to him.

Perez assured him that his parents were kind and understanding. Luke snorted at that. He couldn't imagine where else Perez got his attitude and way of life from.

Perez was ruthless. The man didn't have a heart. Well, to the people that were not close to him. Even though Perez was kind and cheery around Luke, he didn't portray that to outsiders.

Luke thanked him, hoping that when his parents called, he would be prepared enough to grovel. No, not grovel. Be prepared enough to convince them to eradicate the ruthless punishment.

The time after that seemed to drag on endlessly because he was avoiding his parents. They didn't understand because they did not know what was at stake.

He spent most of his time outside in the garden the older wolves in the Pack tended. He wasn't one to go in the garden, but he felt like that was where he would find peace.

The air was a bit humid, but he didn't mind. At least he was left alone after the people roaming in there felt his mood. It was solemn.

The Pack would feel his grieve in a couple of days, and they would know his pain, how he was rejected. Or maybe they won't. He just had to be strong, or maybe hopeful that Perez's parents would come through.

It wasn't long before his peace was disturbed. The irritation he felt when he saw Peter's face was shaming.

He didn't even know he was glaring at him until Peter mentioned it.

"I thought you wouldn't mind because in a few days, the Pack would know. They cornered me when they saw Tamera leaving with a few bags and Rolus," Peter defended.

"I get it," Luke said. Peter gave him a disbelieving look. "I do get it, so chill. But it is kind of funny how everyone seems so involved in my life. What I do, what I don't do. Give me hell, ask why I don't do this or that. Don't you think it's tiring?"

Peter was stunned. Luke was stunned too, but then the rage was too much to ignore.

"So go ahead and make excuses on why you felt the need to tell my parents." When Peter still didn't say anything, Luke continued. "Go ahead. Make the excuses. I'm waiting."

Peter got over his shock. He still maintained his distance when he spoke. "I apologize, Luke. It was not my place."

"Of course it was not your place, Peter! I'm too nice, right? That's why people take advantage, right? That's why everyone in this Pack feels the need to poke into my life, right? You all act like you understand what's going on at the moment, but you don't. You're forcing me to make things work with Rolus, as if it's my fault things are not working out!"

Peter didn't say anything for a while. Luke managed to rein in his temper, looking away from Peter.

"Do you understand what's going on?" Peter asked, his voice low.

"Don't patronize me," Luke growled.

"I'm not. You are taking your frustrations out on the wrong person. You don't want Alpha Rolus to take Tamera as his mate, but you yourself are not willing to become his mate."

Luke stood up, now seeing red. "Am I the one going to reject Rolus? Am I the one finding a replacement mate? Don't talk like-"

"Then are you willing to becoming his mate? Think for a second Luke, that if your issues could be solved right now, would you be willing to become Rolus' mate?"

Luke was about to reply, but then, stopped himself. Just like that, he came back from his high.

"Would you?"

The truth was that he didn't know. He didn't know if he was ready to officially become Rolus' mate. They were unfamiliar with each other, and he felt uneasy being with Rolus, as in having a relationship. He forgave the Alpha, but he didn't forget what he did. It was hard to get over his attempted rejection, and then keeping quiet and laughing at Luke when Luke thought he found his mate.

"Yes," he lied, focusing his eyes on Peter.

Peter shook his head, not agreeing. "And then what? You'll move to his Pack and find a new Alpha for us?"

Luke sat back down, no longer having the energy to fight. "Can you just for a second give me a break?"

Peter didn't say anything. He just waited for Luke to calm down and have a clear mind.

He sat next to him, but with a little space between them.

"Do you think I'm being selfish by not wanting him to have a replacement, yet I'm not willing to step up?" he asked, quietly.

Peter shook his head, putting a hand on Luke's shoulder. "No. But I know with time, you will step up."

Luke sighed, putting his head in his hands. "I can't even imagine us together. What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you. You have viewed Alpha Rolus as your enemy for the longest time. Of course it's going to be awkward suddenly getting into a relationship together."

"I should just let them go ahead. I'm trying here, but I don't see myself together with Rolus. He's my mate, yes, but I cannot fathom being in a romantic relationship with him. Sometimes I wish I had the mate bond. Do you think Rolus feels this way too?"

Peter shook his head. "He can't even breathe when you're not near."

Luke glared at him, but with a smile.

Peter was chuckling. "I'm just saying that he has immense self control."

Luke had a hard time believing that. If the mate bond was that strong, then how come Rolus was able to reject him the first time, or have the nerve to find a replacement?

Luke was convinced that the mate bond was not all that powerful. How could it be powerful if Rolus was able to choose a mate of his liking?

Luke shook his head. His safety and wellbeing was of paramount importance to Rolus, hence he was choosing another mate. Rolus was doing it for him. Yes, he was...?

Luke just had to convince himself. He hoped he wouldn't start to hate Tamera. That would be very vile of him to do. Would Rolus and him continue to have a relationship after his mating ceremony?

Luke didn't think so. He would be too hurt to face both of them, and by the time he knew it, it would be too late to mend whatever broke.

"I don't think Tamera will be allowed back here after the ceremony," Peter said, laughing humourlessly.

"Why? Did she say something to you?"

"No. The Pack won't allow her to come back. They will see it as betrayal to you. I don't think your mate will be allowed too."

Luke felt a bit better about that. It was sick of him, but he couldn't help himself.

"Come on. Let's head to dinner," Peter said, standing up.

"I'm coming now. You can head there."

Peter left, leaving Luke to try to listen to himself. Try to convince himself that Rolus was doing everything for him. That they had no choice.

He spent the next 10 minutes still outside. He was not hungry, at all. His mind was too occupied.

Why should Rolus have a replacement mate anyway? The punishment was that he shouldn't accept his Alpha mate. If he didn't do anything and just existed, it wouldn't be a problem. Right?

Before he could sink further into his mind, he went back to the Pack House. He thanked the Moon Goddess that he didn't run into his parents when he went to get his food. He grabbed his plate and disappeared into his bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 27.9K 78
The characters in this story aren't your typical Lycan/Werewolf characters. The storyline also takes a few unexpected twists and turns. Virgil is no...
117K 4.8K 21
Book is very unedited! Torrence the soon to be alpha of the Eastern Sen Pack, finds his mate and future Luna of the pack. A tall blonde haired omega...
262K 13.5K 34
Koa is sick of being an omega. The alphas in his pack treat his kind as objects solely for breeding and pleasure. He does everything to protect his s...
548K 8.9K 15
Luke has been head over heels for his brother's best friend for longer than he can even remember, but he's never had the courage to do anything about...