Chromatober's Writing

By Eth3alFlame

Prompts for Chromatober! LoneRanger being the one to give the prompts this year. Will try to keep up, but wit... More

1: Hunted
2- Eyes (Betryal AU)
3: Sneak (Wrong Beginning AU)
4: Return
5: Flowers (Betryal AU)
6: Improvise
7: Mask
8: Fuse (Crystal Fusion AU)
9: Betrayal (AU)
10: Memory (Unnamed AU)
11-Lull (Unnamed AU)
12: Toxin (Betrayal AU)
13: Cold (Betrayal AU)
14: Shelter (Wrong Beginning)
15: Confinement (Sky Mirror AU)
16: Below (Betrayal U)
17: Comfort (Crystal Fusion AU)
18: Voice (Sky Mirror AU)
19: Habit (Sky Mirror AU)
20/21: Stalk and Guilt (Betrayal AU)
22: Grow (Crystal Fusion AU)
23: Trust (Betryal AU)
25: Desire
26: Animal (Crystal Fusion AU)
27: Abyss (Cycle AU: Name in progress)
28: Awaken (Portal AU)
29: Warning (Betrayal AU)
30: Culminate (Betrayal AU)
31: Close

23: Secret (Betrayal AU)

210 14 52
By Eth3alFlame

Thera walked by himself down the kingdom streets; The epitome of peace even if internally he felt the exact opposite.

Thera couldn't believe the news the Leaders just dropped on them.

Sabre. Exiled.

Thera wasn't sure if he felt sick at the fact Sabre was unrightfully exiled, or at the fact a good chunk of the Steves celebrated the news. As if it was a good thing the Leaders had to exile Sabre for him to be safe.

Thera passed the threshold of the center of the Kingdom into the Green Sector, the houses reflecting that. Some days he wished he didn't live so close to the walls, but now, after seeing how many people truly hated Sabre, he was glad he lived far away from the general hustle and bustle of people.

He shivered. If any Steve found out Thera was still friends with Sabre...

Well, he's heard from Sabre how low some Steves are able to go. Thera was just glad that there was a spot in the World Below for those Steves. They didn't deserve the peace the World Beyond would give them when it is their time.

Thera huffed, turning a corner, waving at a few fellow Green Steves that were out.

Thera needed to start packing. Besides Time and maybe, just maybe Light, Thera likes to say he knew Sabre truly. Their friendship started before he even became Therapist Green Steve. Was it typical for friends to become a therapist and patient? No, but Thera knew Sabre wouldn't be willing to talk to a complete stranger, so he willingly overlooked that little fact.

What he wasn't going to overlook was the consequences of the Leaders' actions. It seems as if the thought of exiling Sabre wasn't a good one. Sabre wasn't too trusting anymore, and any trust the Leaders had with him was crushed.

Thera relaxed when his house was able to be seen. Even without saying anything, it was like everyone already knew he thought the exile was stupid.

It was, Thera wasn't going to deny that, but he wasn't going to shout it from the rooftops.

Nope. He was going to leave before anything else happened.

Thera wanted to leave and find Sabre, but the Kingdom was in a soft lockdown at the moment. With the Darkness being seen close by, the Leaders didn't want to take any chances and wasn't allowing anyone but Resource Gathers and Colorless Guards to leave.

Thera, who was neither, wouldn't be allowed to leave.

Thera froze, his hand just about to make contact with his doorknob.

The Darkness was seen close by. Sabre was just exiled.

The Darkness was close by.

Thera opened the door and shut it with a quickness. "They couldn't have been this dumb..." He slid against the door, holding his head in his hands.

Thera moved packing up on his list of to-dos.

Sabre's trust in them was crushed, leaving two options for him. Either find somewhere far away to live......or join Void.

Thera knew Sabre, and he knew Sabre wasn't the one to let grudges go.

He gave a bitter laugh, looking up at the ceiling. "This kingdom is screwed." He spoke to the air. "Just give me some time to leave Sabre."

Thera was glad he finished unpacking a few days ago. It took a few weeks, since living by yourself in the woods was a lot more demanding, but he managed it.

He hummed as he quietly walked through the woods, heading to a berry patch nearby. While he did have a garden out back, wild grown berries taste different.

Plus foraging was fun, as long as it was done correctly.

He briefly wondered how the Kingdom was doing. Last he heard, tensions were rising, since —surprise surprise— Sabre joined Void.

It took a lot of willpower for him to not yell 'I told you so' at the announcement. Afterall, after he learned about the exile, the next day he did try to warn the Leaders.

Pity they thought he was over exaggerating. Maybe if Light was there he would have been believed, but he wasn't.

Thera paused when he heard a soft murmuring. He tipped his head, listening. It sounded like two people, but he couldn't tell what they were saying.

They must be lost though, since Thera moved far away from the Kingdom and not many villages were around anymore. He sighed, while he wasn't wanting for others to know he was here, he wasn't just going to let them stay lost.

Thera followed the trails, listening for the voices as he walked in the general direction.

"I'- j—- sa-i—-"

"Yo- h—e a —ird t-s-e."

"T-e-e is n-th-ng wrong -ith-"

"Ye- there i-!"

"No ther- isn't!"

"W-uld you two k-ock it -ff?"

"You'v- just s-rv-ved in the -ild too —ng, that's all!"

"Shadow-"

"Sabre!"

Green perked up. Sabre? He sped up. It's been so long since he's seen his friend.

He saw a flash of white among the trees. Sabre!

The voices went quiet, but he could just see Sabre's hoodie through the trees.

Thera pushed past the few remaining shrubs to enter a clearing. Three people stood there, but Thera was focused on Sabre, who looked shocked to see him.

"Sabre!" He pushed past the other two, slamming into Sabre with a hug. "You're okay!"

Sabre spluttered, wiggling slightly to get out of the hug. Thera released him, quickly looking for injuries. There were slight changes to his look, but he could see or sense any damage.

Sabre stepped back. "Thera?" Shock was clear in his tone. "You do know where- wait, what are you doing out here?"

Thera blinked, before realizing that the last time Sabre saw and talked to him, he was still in the Kingdom. "Oh, I left the Chromatics. After I found out about your exile and all." He shrugged. "Rather not be there when the Kingdom goes up in flames."

Someone cleared their throat behind him, prompting both of them to look. Thera felt his lungs freeze.

Oh. That's who he pushed past.

Void stood there, looking—for the lack of better term— miffed, while Sabre- wait. what?

Thera looked back at Sabre. "Why is there a second you?"

The second version, very easily distinguished by the color choice, squawked in offense. Sabre had a look of barely hidden panic, one Thera was quite used to seeing after he.... caught Sabre.... mumbling to.....himself.

Thera sighed. "Nevermind. I think I connected the dots." He turned to look at the other version. "You were in the kingdom with Sabre, weren't you?"

The other version just nodded slowly. "...how?" His voice was slightly deeper than Sabre's, but still clearly his. Theirs?

Thera wasn't going to get into the logistics of it.

"Unlike everyone else in that kingdom, I have brain cells." Thera deadpanned.

Sabre gave an awkward laugh. "Can I go back to the part of you leaving the Chromatics?"

Thera blinked. "I trust you." He stated. Thera didn't miss the jolts of the group. Sabre looked shocked. "Whatever side you're on, I am." He gave a quick glance at the other two. "If that's the Darkness, so be it."

There was a pause, before he was being slammed with a hug. Sabre's head was tucked nearly under his chin. "Thank you." His words were muffled, but audible.

If he had to act like he was on the side of the Chromatics when getting supplies, so be it. He was just glad Sabre was okay.

— — —

Words: 1508

Fun little fact about Thera's involvement in this AU. He's a spy for the Darkness/Demons (later on) and this was the initial meeting. It's where the secret prompt comes in at. Thera acting like he thinks the exile is a good thing to just acting on the side of the Chromatics.

So yeah, he's a spy. Thera mostly tells whatever info he finds out to Sabre, since he's the one that visits him the most, but Thera has met the others.

He finds out about the siege on the lair the day it was happening and was too late to warn them. He ends up going to the lair after the kids don't show up, only to see Shadow and Sabre dead. (Steve bodies disappeared upon death, Sabre and Shadow's don't.)

He buried them, left after not finding the kids, only to watch Aster and Lavender be destroyed from a distance.

I'm still debating whether or not he commits his first two murders.

He doesn't leave his house for a long time, and is quite surprised when Sabre, looking very different, appears on his doorstep.

Oh, and Void didn't attack Thera right away was because he wasn't sure if he was more impressed or shocked at that fact some random Green Steve physically pushed him to get past. Void hasn't met anyone that had the guts to do it (that wasn't on his side) and wasn't sure how to react.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 492 42
RQSSS a'mright? Anyways welcome to Rainbow Quest and Steve Saga Scenarios, a book about different scenarios that I think of and decide to write down...
580 23 27
Leroy was crowned king of the Yellow Steves only a few months ago. He still teaches Yellow Steves how to be warriors, which makes him happier than he...
648 14 24
This is a story with random oneshots based off of prompts. Sometimes starter ideas are here too. Completely open to feedback! *The photos are grabs o...
6.3K 501 31
I know, I know, I'm using 2021 writing prompts in August of 2022. I just wanted to use the prompts as I didn't get to join in last year :) I've even...