After Dark 2

By lovejeleah

A continuation of After Dark.. More

New York
Getting comfortable
Back home
Us
Thinking
Missing her
What if
Stubborn
Rollercoaster
Opportunities
Disaster
Struggles
Things change
Moving on?
We meet again
Supportive
In town
Advice
Miami
Sugar
Missed it
Figuring it out
Wine girlies
Cravings
Need to fix
Soul tied
Moving
Movie date
Missing you
Take care
Event fun
Situationship
Insecurities

Surprise

54 1 6
By lovejeleah

Leahs pov

I'm here in California. I only planned to stay one night. But now I'm here til Wednesday. My boss let me have a few days off randomly.

I'm getting ready and glammed up by a makeup artist that I had contacted a while back. She's making me look real good tonight. I just didn't want to bring makeup stuff since I wasn't going to carry much for this short trip.

"Ugh..beautiful! This shadow makes your eyes pop out beautifully."

"All thanks to you!"

"Your makeup should last all night. Make sure you take pictures and send them all to me"

"I will most definitely!" I tell her.

She finishes up my makeup and then she takes some pictures and videos for her content to post on her Instagram.

Later I got ready with my clothes and hair. Then I left not too long after to the event that I was a little late for. But I should be fine.

Once I got to the event, I saw a few familiar faces so I was just mingling around. There was one famous singer doing a small little performance for us. Complimentary food and drinks were here. And I got dropped off by a friend and will get picked up after so I can drink.I just know this event is kind of huge so I'm trying to have fun. Make new friends. Enjoy my one night here.

But guess what?

Guess whose here.

And I looked right at her as she walked in with her little bestie. Tyler.

We made eye contact and she turned away so fast. Then Tyler looked at me. I didn't know if I should wave at him or not but they both saw me. I did still talk to Tyler a little after me and Jennifer broke up. But now we just haven't in months.

Why didn't I think that Jennifer would be here?... This event is huge. That means she's doing really good. That makes me happy but at the same time what the fuck. It's my ex.

I did not expect to run into her.

"I need a shot" I tell one of the social media managers I know. "Let's go!" He says. So we went to go get drinks. We got a shot first then a mixed drink. And the buzz kind of hit me fast. But it was pretty fun being here so I was just enjoying the moments. Mingling even more with other people again. I just want it to be a smooth night.

Later on I saw some girls taking pictures together. More of the models. I didn't want to stare but I tried scanning them to see who was in the picture.

"Wait! Me too!" I hear someone say and I see a girl run to the group and they reach their arms out to include her in the picture.

It was Jennifer.

Did I mention she looks amazing? I mean of course. She has to. But wow. I'll forever be proud of her. Even if we don't even talk to each other anymore.

"Gorgeous ladies!" The photographer says. Then they thanked him and they dispersed from the group. I went up to the photographer and asked him what company he was with and when we will get these pictures. Cause I was in a few earlier on.

"I can email them to you! Give me your email" he says and gets out his phone. So I gave my email to him and we continued to talk a bit more. Getting to know each other and such.

"Sorry one sec. Let's get a picture of this stunner!" He says and I look to my side to see who he was talking about. It was Jennifer. She nervously smiles at him, then shortly looks at me for a second, then again at him and she backs up and poses. I look away but see Tyler. It's like anywhere I look I see one of them.

I didn't know whether to say hi or not so I just kept quiet and looked down at my phone.

"Nice! You look amazing girl. Catching all the looks!" He tells Jennifer.

"Thank you! Where can I see these pictures?" She asks. "Oh I can send it to you too! Leah here just asked me the same question. So I'll email it to you guys. What's your email Jennifer?"

So I hear her give it as I'm still awkwardly there cause me and him weren't done talking.

"Cool. Sounds good! You guys should get them sometime this week."

"Thank you!" I said. "Thank you so much!" I hear her say after me. "Of course! Let me get a picture of you two as well! I'm getting some pics of the girls together" he says. And my heart stops. Jennifer didn't even answer. I looked at him, then at Tyler. Then finally at Jennifer who was staring me down. Not in a good way.

"Uh-um..oh...I-"

"I have to pee" Jennifer quickly says.

"Okay it will be fast! Come on!" He says and basically pushes and forces me and Jennifer to stand by each other and posed. It was soooo awkward. I don't even know if some people here know or knew about me and Jennifer in the past. Or if this guy even know us two.

"Um.. closer!" He says. I sighed and stood closer to Jennifer as she has her arm behind my back, holding me toward her.

"Perfect." He says. And I stand away from Jennifer right after.

"You go pee now. I'm going to snap more pictures of the party" he says and walks away. I began to walk away too.

"Wait. Leah" I hear someone say. Someone as in Jennifer.

I turn around and look at her. I raise my brows and give her a wave.

"Hi" she says to me. "Hello" I said calmly. Then I look at Tyler.

"And maybe I should leave you two alone?" He says as he takes a step back.

"Yeah get us a drink" Jennifer tells him. "Wait-" I tried stopping him but he left so fast. Leaving just me and Jennifer here. And I sighed.

"How have you been? I haven't spoken to you in months." she says. "I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm great"

I nod my head and look away.

"I didn't think you'd be here. I totally forgot that we have some of the same connections. Never thought I'd run into you"

"Me too. There's so many famous influencers in the world and of course you were one of the chosen ones to come to an event in LA"

"We'll duh. I live out here"

"I know I know. I just didn't think"

"Me neither. Don't trip. I'm glad to see you're doing good" she says. "Same with you. You look amazing" I tell her. "Thank you. You look pretty" she smiles. "Thank you" I said.

It got quiet. I looked away again and see Tyler still at the damn bar.

"Have you drank yet?" She asks me. "Yeah. I'm still a bit tipsy but manageable. You?"

"Not yet. But I'm kind of lightweight. You know that"

"Yup. Haha."

"Well...it was nice seeing you after so long" she says. I look at her and smile softly. "It is nice seeing you too."

"You know, some people still think we're together here. Should we act it?" She says and shrugs. That threw me off guard.

"Umm.. I mean..like how? How do we act it?"

"I don't know. Just stop acting so awkward around me. Leah were adults."

"And as adults we shouldn't have to act it don't you think? If people ask just tell the truth. I mean we don't have pictures of each other on our social media and we unfollowed each other. I'm sure people know"

She gives me and look and raises her brows.

"I'm just saying" I shrug.

"I guess"

We talked a little bit more til Tyler finally bought our drinks. Then we cheered our glasses and took some sips. Jennifer makes a disgusted face and pushes the drink away.

"Fuck that's so strong and gross!" She says. I continued sipping.

"That's digusting leah"

"We obviously don't have the same drink. Mines blue. Yours is red." I said.

"Can I try yours?" She asks. I then give her my drink and take hers out of her hand and she tries it from the cup and thankfully not the straw I drank from.

"That's smoother! Let me have it" she says. "Wha-"

"Jennifer I brought that for you specifially cause I thought you'd like it." Tyler says. "Well you assumed wrong. Leah you can have mine"

"Fine by me. It isn't that bad" I said and sipped it.

"Whatever alcoholic"

I gasp a little and look at her. "Sorry" she giggles. I shake my head.

We talked a little more but ended up separating a bit after. I didn't want to force myself to talk to her. We still had more going on in the party.

But later on towards the end when everyone was leaving, I texted my friend to pick me up. I'm a little bit tipsier but I'm fine. Jennifer seemed drunk from what I see afar. Tyler is with her though so I know she's okay. I mean it's not my problem. But obviously I'm gonna think about it since I see her.

I went down to the front and waited outside for my friend who was about to arrive.

"Bye Leah reminiiiii" I hear someone say. I look at it's Jennifer. As Tyler was holding onto her. I smile and wave a bit to them. "Bye guys" I said.

"Wait. How long are you out here for?"

"Flying back to New York tomorrow" I said.

"Oh..well..alright." she says sounding a bit down. She's drunk though Leah. Don't let it get to your head.

"Bye Jennifer" I giggle and wave. I looked away. But then I felt someone come to me a few second later and hugged me. The scent smelled too familiar. I knew it was Jennifer right away.

"Oh-" I said. Then I look at Tyler and he just shrugged. I hesitate for a second. But then I hugged her back gently.

"Get some rest" I said to her and pushed her off.

What a night. I saw my ex who I left months ago and haven't spoke to her since. And everything just came back to my mind how life was with her. I loved it. But the arguing we had makes me not miss it too much.

She looked so beautiful tonight though..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 99.3K 38
Highest ranking(s): #1 in pride #1 in les #1 in drama #1 in girlxgirl #2 in lesbian #4 in gxg #5 in lgbt (PART ONE OF TWO) Jennifer, a young and be...
287K 9.9K 55
Jennifer's trying to figure her life out as a 20 year old college student, still living with her parents. Her mom forces her into a simple babysittin...
146K 2.5K 18
Lauren Jaugerui Imagines Hope you enjoy! Completed.
20.2K 1.1K 32
part two of Needed