credence | din djarin

By IndomableDon

'a Jedi and a Mandalorian? they'll never see it coming...' #1 PedroPascal (08/11/23) #1 Mando (29/02/24) More

playlist & disclaimer
cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
tweleve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three

twenty

506 25 4
By IndomableDon

word count: 2.1k

~

Logan handed a medium-sized white canister to a Tusken Raider and offered him a smile along with it as he took it and loaded it onto the large Bantha. Although she couldn't understand what they were saying to her, their gentle mannerism when interacting with her was enough for them to wiggle their way into Logan's heart.

They were all currently loading the explosives onto the Bantha's, preparing for the trap they were going to set up at the mouth of the Sarlacc pit, and it was the first time that the townspeople and Tuskins were working together.

Taking a small step back, Logan removed her robe and tossed it off to the side before rolling her sleeves up one at a time. Right before she finished rolling her second sleeve, one of the Tusken had dropped a canister passed to him by a townsfolk.

'Hey, hey! What are you doing? That's an explosive! What, are you trying to blow the whole place up? What? Is that what you want?' The townsfolk asked the Tusken, who was moving closer to the man in a way that showed he was one harsh word away from getting physical.

Logan moved forward and put herself between the Tusken and the townsfolk, the Tusken running into her back, not expecting her to be there.

'It was an accident, okay? Accidents happen,' she said to him quietly, watching the frown on his face deepen.

'What do you want to do?' The man asked the Tusken angrily.

'Hey!' Logan snapped, gaining his attention. 'It was an accident.' She stepped back and let them all go back to work before she spun around and looked at Mando and Cobb with a smile. 'You like taking risks don't you?' She asked Mando and crossed her arms across her chest.

Mando shrugged and asked, 'I took a risk with The Child and with you, didn't I?' Causing Logan to grin at him and nod through a squint.

'Hey, what's this?' Cobb asked and reached forwards to grab at her lightsaber but she grabbed his wrist before he could touch the cool metal.

'Nothing of your concern,' she said and let go of his wrist, gently shoving it away.

Cobb eyed the Mandalorian and hummed to himself.

+

It was sometime after the morning, and the two suns were already high in the sky as the speeder carrying Mando, Logan and The Child, zoomed across the sand as The Mandalorian pushed it to its limits.

Logan had woken up less than ten minutes ago and was beginning to feel the pain in her bottom from sitting on such a hard surface for so long. Seconds before she went to complain, the speeder nose-dived into the sand, sending Mando, Logan, The Child, and all their stuff, flying through the air.

Logan attempted to land on her feet but her legs ended up crumbling from underneath her, causing her to hit the ground roughly.

'Quick! Grab The Child and the Jedi!'

She pushed herself up and rolled onto her side to look at the spot in which the voice had come from, but gasped when she was met with a knife in her face. She glanced at The Child whose jacket was bundled up in the Bounty Hunter's fist.

Logan's hand went to her side for her saber and she quietly cursed herself when she couldn't feel it.

It spoke some alien language and shoved the knife closer, but she jumped to her feet and stepped back, wincing as the Hunter picked the kid up and held the knife to his neck.

'Hey! Hey, don't hurt the kid!' She said and held her hands up as Mando ducked under the swing of two other hunters, resulting in them colliding and knocking themselves out.

'Wait! Don't hurt The Child. If you put one mark on him, there's no place you will be able to hide from me. We can strike a bargain. There's a lot of value in this wreckage.' Mando gestured around at all of their stuff lying around. 'Take your pick.'

The small Hunter looked around, almost as if he was contemplating the bargain.

'But leave The Child,' Mando added as Logan slowly moved towards his side.

He looked at Mando and shoved the knife towards him, saying something that wasn't able to be understood by either adult until it clicked with Mando.

'Okay. Here, it's yours,' Mando said as he reached back and pulled his jetpack off his back. He slowly moved forward and placed it on the ground between them, before taking a few steps back to where Logan was, her stare intense on The Child. 'Take it. It's okay.'

The small Hunter placed The Child down in exchange for the jetpack before grabbing the jetpack and running away with it excitedly. Logan knew Mando wouldn't let it get away with it, so she wondered what he had in store for the little creature.

The Child whimpered and ran towards The Mandalorian, who picked him up and fixed his jumper softly. Logan peeked over his arm and smiled in relief upon seeing The Child was unharmed.

'You okay?' Mando asked the kid, who cooed in response to the question.

Mando turned back to the small Hunter who was still running away, before clicking something in his wrist. Logan and The Child watched in shock as the jetpack took off into the sky, causing the Hunter to fly into the air with it.

Logan's jaw dropped as the little Hunter plummeted to the ground with a heavy thud. She and The Child both look at Mando who gives a simple shrug in reply. The jetpack landed back safely on the ground, several feet away.

'We've got some cleaning up to do.' Mando sighed as they all looked at the wreckage around them.

Logan groaned, nothing ever went right, ever.

'Let's just get it all sorted before I lose my mind,' she muttered as she spotted her lightsaber in the sand several feet away. Under the helmet, Mando grinned in amusement at her annoyance. But when Logan suddenly stopped, they both seemed to realise the same thing at the same time. She spun to look at him with wide eyes, stuttering over her words. 'And the Jedi?' She asked as Mando shook his head and muttered a curse.

'There's gonna' be more Hunters on their way, let's get moving and we'll figure it out when we get back to the ship.'

+

It took them the entire day and long into the night to finally make it back to Mos Eisley. Logan had pitied Mando because he was carrying literally everything, including The Child at one point, but all compassion disappeared after they got into an argument.

+

'It's disgustingly hot, are you sure you don't need me to carry anything, Larel?' Logan asked and looked at The Mandalorian to her left, completely letting the word Larel slip out and not giving it a second thought.

He was carrying a large pack on his back, and holding up his rifle with both hands as multiple bags and different things hung off it, including the meat they had saved, Cobb Vanth's Mandalorian armour, and a bag of weapons. Not to mention in the bag hanging across his chest was The Child, who would hit his back roughly into The Mandalorian with every step that was taken.

'No, it's fine,' Mando said, not even sparing a glance at her.

'Seriously Mando, I can take The Child, or anything really.'

'I said, it's fine!'

Logan stopped and stared at him with a shocked look — He had never snapped at her like that before. 'I'm trying to help you!' She said as he stopped and turned around to face her, the weight of everything caused him to sway.

'Yeah, well I don't need your help! Now shut it, and keep walking.'

They were both exhausted from their long track and the previous events from the day before, not to mention the heat was causing them to lose more energy than anticipated and the recent attack of the other Bounty Hunters had them both slightly on edge.

'Halle metes chun, petchuck!' Logan growled at him and continued walking on, but as she walked past him, she picked The Child up, pulling him out of the bag. 'Wagyx!' She yelled at him from over her shoulder.

Mando took several steps forward, yelling, 'Hey, I know what that one means!' But she never turned around, nor did she slow her pace, showing no indications that she had even heard him.

+

Logan had eventually stopped walking and let Mando overtake her since she had no idea where they were going, before she followed behind him all the way into the cantina, whilst staying several feet back. She eyed Peli, who was sitting in a booth playing a card game with an insectoid creature and shifted her weight from one side to the other.

Peli looked up at The Mandalorian and frowned when she saw Logan, nor The Child, was with him. She looked over his shoulder and saw Logan standing several feet away, refusing to look in Mando's direction, with The Child sitting on her shoulder.

'Uh oh, trouble in paradise is it?' She muttered and shook her head before letting her eyes rest upon The Mandalorian helmet in the bag that Mando was carrying. 'You finally found a Mandalorian and you killed him?' She asked.

'He wasn't Mandalorian. I bought this armour off of him, though.' Mando sounded exhausted, and for a split second, Logan found herself concerned but quickly decided she didn't care until he apologised to her.

'What'd that set you back?' Peli grunted as she shuffled her cards around.

'Killed the Krayt Dragon for him.'

'Oh, is that all?'

'He was my last lead on finding other Mandalorians.'

Logan sighed as she admitted to herself she felt upset for The Mandalorian, who had sounded completely defeated.

Peli spoke back and forth between the creature on the other side of the booth and nodded before turning to Mando and saying, 'Okay. Well, you might be in luck. Dr Mandible here says he can connect you with someone who can help you if you cover his call this round. It's what he said.'

Craning her neck to look at The Child, she smiled a little as he looked at her and cooed, his ears turning downwards. 'I know you're hungry buddy, I'll find you something to eat soon,' she muttered and scratched the top of his head.

'Ha! Idiot's Array! Pay up, thorax!' Peli yelled and began scooping at the credits on the table. Logan rolled her eyes and looked over her shoulder, deciding she knew where she was going if she were to go back to the Razor Crest.

'I'm going back to the ship,' was all she said, before spinning around without giving Mando any time to respond.

+

Logan frowned as the kid continued to fuss in her arms, but when she went to place him on the ground, he refused to let go of her robe.

'What do you want?' She asked him, noticing his arm stretching out to her right. She followed where he was grabbing and sighed when she saw Mando standing next to the fire. With a small amount of attitude, she walked over to Mando and said, 'He wants you.'

As Mando took The Child, the kid grabbed onto Logan's robe tighter and latched onto Mando's finger. He babbled and looked at them both, almost as if he was scolding them for their arguing that had taken place over the last thirty hours.

'I think he knows...' She muttered and looked to her left, as far away from Mando as possible. 

Mando sighed, swallowed his pride, and then apologised, 'I'm sorry.' Something she wasn't expecting.

She looked up at him with a small frown but it quickly disappeared. 'I'm sorry too. I'm sorry I called you an ass as well,' she said sheepishly as a small smile grew on her lips. 'Do you really understand Olys Corellisi?'

'Some words.' He shrugged and scratched the top of The Child's head, causing Logan to internally panic, wondering if he was paying attention when he called him Larel. 'Are you going to eat?' He asked and nodded his head towards the large roasting piece of dragon meat they had salvaged.

'No, but I will get some rest before we leave. You alright looking after him?' She handed The Child over to Mando completely.

Mando gave her a nod and stepped back. Though he kept his helmet trained on The Child in his arms, Mando let his eyes follow Logan until she disappeared into the hull of the Razor Crest. He looked down at The Child and raised his eyebrows, 'What?'

The Child giggled and reached for his helmet as Mando sighed and sat down next to the fire.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

886K 29.9K 114
"𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥- 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐨𝐡, 𝐚𝐧𝐢, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨...
31.2K 223 62
One shot about characters from the mandolorian
8K 346 21
𝑖 𝑎𝑚 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒. © -flowermoons 2021 ─ the mandalorian season 2 - ?
247K 7.3K 48
" His absence is a missing limb. " Inseguinwetrust the mandalorian season one-season two Highest...