The Priestess' Affair [Books...

By Benita_16

Theresa has it tough with her priestess training and convincing her arrogant brother to stop fighting the wer... More

𝐈. 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧
𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭
𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐕𝐈. 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐈𝐗. 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐗. 𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞-𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬
𝐗𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐢
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬
𝐗𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐦
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐋. 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐗𝐋𝐕. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈. 𝐜𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐋. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐋𝐈. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐋𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲
𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤
𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰
𝐋𝐕. 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐕𝐈. 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞
𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝐋𝐗𝐈. 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬' 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗𝐗. 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐝
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
epilogue
Book 2
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
Book 2: Chapter 12
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14
Book 2: Chapter 15
Book 2: chapter 16
Book 2: Chapter 17
Book 2: Chapter 18
Book 2: Chapter 19
Book 2: Chapter 21
Book 2: Chapter 22
Book 2: Chapter 23
Book 2: Chapter 24
Book 2: Chapter 25
Book 2: Chapter 26
Book 2: Chapter 27
Book 2: Chapter 28
Book 2: Chapter 29
Book 2: Chapter 30
Book 2: Chapter 31
Book 2: Chapter 32
Book 2: Chapter 33
Book 2: Chapter 34
Book 2: Chapter 35
Book 2: Chapter 36
Book 2: Chapter 37
Book 2: Chapter 38
Book 2: Chapter 39
Book 2: Chapter 40
Book 2: Chapter 41
Book 2: Chapter 42
Book 2: Chapter 43
Book 2: Chapter 44

Book 2: Chapter 20

958 57 5
By Benita_16

-HIM-

The following day we left right before sunrise. I decided to keep our group small. Twelve people in total to ensure we could travel fastest. I let Theresa sleep against my chest as we rode towards the desert while the sun started coming out behind us.

By the time it was noon, we had managed to cross the ranges that separated the desert from the small villages on the outskirts of the city. We rode in the sun with many breaks, taking the first day slowly.

We stopped when the sun went down and set up a camp. The whole time, I made sure my mate was not uncomfortable in any way. Travelling in the sun for the entire day had taken a toll on all of us, but as soon as the sun was down and the desert started to cool down, it got chilly pretty fast.

I built a fire for Theresa while others got busy setting up tents and scouting the neighbouring area to see where we were. Lars got busy with the equipment to map the stars and plan the journey for tomorrow.

Everyone got busy quickly. I watched Theresa standing on top of a dune and scanning the horizon, seemingly lost in her thoughts. I watched her while preparing some tea. She stood there for a while, watching the sky taint itself with pink, purple and red colours before everything went dark.

The stars were out, twinkling around the full moon. I wondered what was going on in her head. I contemplated going to her, but I let her have some moments alone while I discussed tomorrow's plans with my men.

She returned to the fire after a long time, sitting beside me. I offered her a shawl as the temperature continued to drop. The Dead Desert was searing hot in the day but freezing cold at night. This extreme temperature variation was one reason why it was so inhabitable.

She took the shawl from me and put it around her while I inched closer. Lars had read the stars by now, and he joined the two of us soon. The rest of my men were busy preparing dinner and caring for the horses.

I discussed tomorrow's plans with Lars while Theresa sat beside me and listened. I took out my cigars and offered her one. She winced at them.

"Don't you have the violet ones? They taste the best. I hate these red ones," she muttered. Lars and I froze. Lars stared at me wide-eyed while I studied her face.

"Are you a smoker?" I asked her intently, handing her a violet cigar custom-made only for my consumption. No one other than me possessed them. Then how come she knew about the violet ones?

"Sometimes, I smoke," She muttered, taking it and undoing its wrapper as if it was normal for her. As if she had always had this specific kind of cigar.

"Oh, really. What do you smoke?" I couldn't help but ask while Lars stared at her wide-eyed. I could tell that he was thinking about the same thing as I.

The only way she could be familiar with these exclusive cigars was if she somehow managed to come across the cargo stolen from me a while ago—the ship with all that weed and Valdemerca's book.

"Anything, as long as it helps me calm down," she answered, lighting it and taking a long drag from it. Meanwhile, all the possibilities ran through my head.

"So, you've had this kind of cigars before?" I asked her, inching closer.

"Yeah," She answered. Suddenly, Murik's words rang in my ears. When I went to him after being unable to find who stole my ship, he told at I'd know someone who might lead me to it. This solidified his claims. It was Theresa. I looked at Lars to find him thinking the same thing.

"Where did you have them?" I asked, keeping my voice calm, not to make it seem like I was interrogating her. Suddenly, she straightened up. Her lips quivered.

"I don't remember," She answered sharply. I exchanged another look with Lars. "Why asking?" She asked me.

"You see, Theresa, these cigars aren't on the Market. They're made only for me," I told her, running my knuckles down my jaw. She shivered but didn't say anything, so I continued. "A few months ago, I had one of my ships robbed. It had a lot of weed and stuff like this on it. But that's not what matters to me. There was something else on the ship. Something significant, and I have been looking for it for a while but still haven't got a clue yet,"

I noticed how her breaths got shallow as she listened to me.

"What exactly was it?" She asked.

"A book," I told her. "Valdermerca's book," She took a sharp breath and looked at me wide-eyed.

"Do you know anything about it?" I asked her.

"No," She answered sharply and looked away, smoking her cigar. I exchanged another look with Lars. She knew. There was no doubt about that. She knew something, yet she wasn't giving it to me. I wanted to press more on this but decided to let it go for now.

We will get there slowly and steadily.

"I'm not sure this is the exact thing I tasted. But something similar," she told me.

"I see," I nodded, knowing she was lying. These kinds of cigars were only made in my kingdom for my consumption. They weren't sold.

It made me wonder why she was lying. Was it her people who stole it? I needed to give it a thought.

As the night continued, we had dinner before we went to sleep. Some of my men stayed awake in turns for night watch duty. Theresa had already retired to bed while I discussed more important things with my men before I went to our tent.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, surprised to see me.

"We're sharing," I told her, watching blood rush to her face. I grinned at her before slipping into the furs with her.

~

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the next 4 chapters on Inkitt for Free. Read up to the next 10+ chapters on Patreon. Click on my bio's "support me" button to get there.

Also available on Patreon: Mr Night Book 2, A Touch of Desire, Monstre, Marmadoke and many other stories.

Follow me at Instagram - benita.ritz

thanks for reading<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 323 19
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS MATURE... Smut, strong language, and graphic violence. A witch's curse endangers werewolf kind with extinction. The king and qu...
406K 14.9K 47
Moon Winters, a simple woman leading a simple life among humans, is suddenly thrust into a world full of Werewolves, Vampires, and Witches. Her entir...
46K 3K 35
Cauldon is a Rogue and has been one ever since he left his family many years prior. His best friend has always been by his side since they were littl...
201K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...