Night watcher, I am Chloe Bou...

נכתב על ידי onwardsouth

After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, m... עוד

Realization (Part 1)
Realization (Part 2)
Realization (Part 3)
Grace
Siblings
Departure (Part 1)
Departure (Part 2)
Departure (Part 3)
The time of 3 months: Arrival
The time of 3 months: Town Aurium
The time of 3 months: Encounters
Dissociation
Truth be told (Part 1)
Truth be told (Part 2)
Truth be told (Part 3)
Truth be told (Part 4)
Mr. Cuddly
Change in 'her'
Field trip (Part 1)
Field trip (Part 2)
Field trip (Part 3)
Field trip (Part 4)
Field trip (Part 5)
Field trip (Part 6)
Field trip (Part 7)
Field trip (Part 8)
Field trip (Part 9)
Field trip (Part 10)
A/n note: Important announcement
Field trip (Part 11)
Field trip (Part 12)
Field trip (Part 13)
Call-out behavior
Confession
Disaster festival: Start of the day
Disaster festival: The Banquet
Disaster festival: Reunion
Disaster festival: Why I left
Disaster festival: The situation
Disaster festival: Fall of misfortune

Her treasure

3.9K 236 40
נכתב על ידי onwardsouth

After that whole commotion of the field trip, we returned to Paris late. It was night already, around 8 pm.

Even though it was Paris, even though it's a big city where the lights glitters all over the place and even though stores were open as ever, the streets were lone.

Hardly anyone was walking the paths, that kind of lone streets. The kind that a capital such as Paris shouldn't be.

I guess this is why Cat Noir able to meet Dupain-Cheng without getting caught... More like that's how they made the setting for the show.

I glanced at my other classmates that were walking down the streets with me.

I would have called John won before reaching the station had it not been for Miss Bustier's whim on 'we should all walk our way home on foot after such a long day'. It was supposed to make us feel refreshed and I can see how it had worked on some but to me it is another plain walk to stretch my body up after such a frustrating day.

After one point it was just me and Zoe walking alone in those lone streets. I wanted to call John whii but Zoe seems to be enjoying herself out here...

Yeah, let's just walk home.

" You worked hard. "

Suddenly Zoe said those words to me and I looked at her in her eyes.

How did you know I was there? It was Visperia who was supposed to know not Zoe. You know that question has the potential to reveal your identity?

Oh wait, right, I just remember you were in the 'run away from Reflecta' group with me back then.

Though, her words left me silent.

No one has told me that I worked hard today. Actually no one came to talk to me except Julika on our way home and Rose who bided me farewell when we parted ways just now.

" Yeah. " I finally said and looked ahead.

" ... "

" ... "

I noticed that Zoe was playing with her fingers.

Are you nervous? Why?

" Chloe. " She spoke again. " Are you hurt somewhere? "

" .... Are you perhaps worried about me? "

She was looking down, nervously, and then nodded her head.

" ... "

" ... "

" ... Nah... I was hurt when that commotion was still going on and I had to fight Reflecta all on my own but now I am fine. "

" I see. Good to know.... Are you exhausted? "

" .. Yeah.. Alot. So much so that I might just sleep till noon tomorrow. "

" Should we call Mr. John? "

" .... Nah. It is refreshing like this to just walk in empty yet shining streets. It's a little peaceful tonight. "

" I see.. I am also enjoying myself here. Guess Miss Bustier's way to cheer us up did work. "

" But it was not a safe choice. "

" Hm? How? "

" In the end we have to walk alone in the lone streets. I am worried about the girls who have to walk alone to their houses. "

" ... You are worried about them? "

" Yeah. "

Zoe smiled and said,
" Oh don't be! Everything is fine! "

For someone who has lived in the 'not a children's show' world I can't help but be  concerned about them.

" Good. " Was the only reply I gave, not showing any of my concern on my face.

On our way home, we were looking at the stores that were still lit.

It isn't winter yet but fall was approaching that can be felt in the air.

Zoe stopped in front of the tv on the display shelf. There was news showing about what happened on our field trip.

Well, they didn't get the actual footage of the whole commotion but rather interviewed the victims. Zoe was one of the people who got interviewed.

She was looking exhausted.

Right, she was fighting Reflecta even before the Planetarium plan came to work.

That being said,
" Have you been exercising something these days? "
You fought pretty well back then when we encountered Reflecta on our way to the security.

" Hm? " She looked at me from tv news. " Ah, yes. You don't know, right? I am very weak when it comes to sports so I recently, from like the last two months or so, joined martial arts classes and did some exercises to improve so that I can make up for all the shortcomings. Hehe. " She rubbed the back of her neck. " But why did you ask? "

" As you said, you are not the athletic kind but were keeping a good pace with me in the front line when we were running away from Reflecta. So I thought that you were doing some kind of exercise for that. That's all. "

" Hehe. Yeah. "

We started walking again.

In fact, if someone were to ask me who did the best in the heroes today I would say Vesperia without hesitation.

She has started to become a fine hero in her own way. Though there are a lot of mistakes she still does but she has started to improve at quite a fast pace.

Soon she might even surpass Queen Bee.

Then I guess the bee miraculous is in good hands now..... Yeah.. I guess, this is the best time to finally do 'that'....

After some more moments of silent walking I finally spoke,
" Hey.. Zoe? "

" Hm? "

We stopped walking.

I rustled in my still dirty bag and took something out. My hands were hesitant but then I held her hands and placed 'it' on her.

When she looked at it her eyes widened.

" A.. Bee keychain..? " She said to me in awe.

" This keychain is very important to me... As it has always represented the existence of my Queen Bee identity. An identity that I cherished but I have decided to move on.. But I couldn't... Not with this still by my side... It was given to me by a little fangirl. " I gave her a smile as I recall the memory of the 'Victorious' party. " Will you help me move on, Zoe? " And finally asked her as a soft breeze brushed our hair.

I have been thinking about giving up and moving on from my Queen Bee self for quite some time now. I just didn't know who I should give this keychain up to.

I guess it's finally happening.

.....

There was silence between them for moments.

Zoe was not sure what to do as it was quite clear that she cherished that keychain dearly.. But now she is giving something so precious to her to Zoe.

She doesn't know if it was right to take something that precious from her, not after knowing why it was so precious to her.

And even now, even though Chloe was smiling at her, somehow Zoe can feel that she is sad.

So she finally decided to refuse her,
" I can't- "

" Please. " But Chloe pledged in a dime voice.

Zoe hesitated as it was the first time Chloe pledged to her. With a worried expression she gave a glance to the bee keychain again and then looked at her sister,

" You can move on without giving up on this, you know? Why giving me something so precious? "

" I tried but I couldn't... And.... I believe that you can help me. " Those words came out without thinking, subconsciously, from Chloe's mouth but she was kinda glad that they came out.

Zoe again finds herself in a tight position. She again doesn't know what to do.

" Why me..? I thought you hated me.. "

" Well. " Because you are the bee miraculous holder now. " Heh! Just take it, damn it! And take good care of it! "

Zoe who witnessed this side of Chloe for the first time, couldn't possibly refuse.

" .. I will take it and take good care of it. "

She doesn't know anything about Chloe, she just realized.

" Thanks. " Replied Chloe.

Zoe decided to treasure the keychain just as much as Chloe treasured it.

She put it in the hidden pocket of her black jacket.

" ... Thanks for trusting me, Chloe. "

" ... "

She looked away and then they started walking again, Chloe in front and Zoe behind her.

From there to the walk back home was a complete silent walk. No one said a thing to other.

At the entrance of their home,
" Welcome home, Madam, Miss Zoe. How was your day...? "

He noticed Chloe.

" Awful. There was an akuma attack there. " Chloe talked normally.

" I see... " The butler certainly did not think much of akuma attack as it has now become a common occurrence but was rather worried about his madam who talked normally but he couldn't help but notice that something was wrong with her.

He then looked at Zoe who was still behind her and received a worried expression from her.

Now he was worried about both young ladies.

Chloe handed him her bag.

" Get rid of the bag. I'm not using it anymore. Also, make sure my 'Insect killing weapon' is all clean. Ain't no dirt I wan' on it. " Chloe pulled her self together to act like 'herself'.

" My madam. I guess all the fatigue in you made you lose your sense of language. " He decided to play in her pretends.

" What? " Chloe looked at him, concerned.

" What you just said, 'Ain't no dirt I wan' on it', I can understand how messy of a day it was. Please have a good rest today. "

" I will. "

In all the time of the butler and his madam's conversation, Zoe stood there silently, watching them.

After that, as soon as Chloe reached her room she laid flat on her bed without changing her clothes.

" I will call someone to change your dress. "

" Don't bother... I just want to... sleep.. at this point...... Zzzzzz. "

The butler sighed and gave Chloe a relieved look which was filled with worries hidden behind his butler's expression,
" She fell asleep. "

He called for some maids to change Chloe's dress while she was still asleep and prepared levender fragrance and spread it in her room everywhere so that she could get a good night sleep and not have some nightmares.

.....

The next day I woke up around 9 am and stretched my whole body on my bed.

I surprisingly had a very good deep sleep.

She recalled last night her talk with her sister.

" * sigh * so it finally happened... Feels like forever.. The Queen Bee is not any more. She is but a past now. A long distant past. "

.... Somehow... It feels refreshing....

* drip *

A drop fell on her blanket.

Are..? Something feels wet in my face...

... Am I ... crying..?

" Heh! "

* snif *

I started wiping my face.

Crying the first thing in the morning.

* snif *

Ain't I pathetic..

* snif.. snif *

...Lavender..?

I then noticed that I was in my silky light yellow pajamas.

I leaned back on my pillows, took a long breath in and calmed myself down as I whipped my remaining treats from my face.

Definitely John won.

I should thank him later.

* knock knock *

I hurriedly checked if I looked like I was crying in the mirror of the side table.

Finding that my eyes didn't look that much red and the crying traces were faint I replied,
"  Come in! "

" Madam, a very good morning. " John wolly came in while greeting me.

He silently looked at me for a moment and asked,
" How was your sleep? "

So he noticed...

" Good morning to you too and yes, I had an excellent sleep.... Thanks for the arrangements. "

" Any time, madam. " And he bowed.

He knows when to point things out and when to not.

" Prepare my bath. "

" Right away. " And he went out of my room.

... I still haven't told him about my previous life and am not planning on doing so any time soon.

I don't want to know what thoughts will come to him first or the kind of face he may make when he will know that this world was once a mare fiction on screens for little kids to enjoy.

.. Not to mention, I can also get a tag of being mentally ill and I don't want that.

After I became fresh and sat for my breakfast Zoe came in.

" How are you? "

We then had a conversation. A real conversation for quite some time.

" Why aren't you at school? " I asked.

" Well, I guess it's not that bad to just rest at home sometimes, don't you think? "

" Heh! Who would know that better than me? " I said proudly.

" Exactly. "

" Oi! "

" What? You said it first. "

I glared at her.

" ... "

" ... "

"" Hehe! "" We both let out a laugh together.

Yeah. Our relationship is improved,

___________________________________________

But not as much as going to school in the same car.

After a break of three days, I finally went to school.

On my way in the car,
" Madam. You look in a good mood, have some plans for today? " My butler asked.

" Yep. "

" And can I know what those are? "

" Not yet. "

" As you say. "

He didn't question me anything after that.

At the entrance of the school building,
" Have a good day, madam. "

" Oh, it's gonna be a marvelous day, John wolly. See you later! "

" Yes madam. "

And he left.

_____________

In Miss Bustier's class, last period.

The last bell rang.

" Everyone should go home now. " Announced Miss Bustier. " Except Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I need to have a word with you. " She said in a strict tone that left the whole class shocked.

Understandable as she is not the kind of teacher to use strict tone on her students and not to mention using the full name.

Hihi! It finally started.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

35.8K 777 13
(This takes place when they first get there dorm rooms!If you can't tell I made a few changes as in like roommates but that's ok!) When Bakugou and T...
162K 6.5K 36
An intellectual of the name of Shimizu Suisha died at the early age of 13. She used to be a huge fan of Naruto, her favorite character was Sakura bec...
200K 7.8K 38
A Remarried Empress Isekai Fanfiction where the FL gets Isekaid into The Remarried Empress.She decides to have fun with this phenomenon and ruin the...
564K 6.7K 26
Lost, Lose (Loose Trilogy #1) She's a girl of hope, Lisianthus Yvonne Vezina. A teen-year-old girl who focused on her goal... to strive. But everyth...