Mia

By Luchitina1806

Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of... More

Chapter One: My Story.
Chapter Two: Blind Dates.
Chapter Three: Blind Dates II
Chapter Four:"Let me figure this out on my own."
Chapter Five:Jace Harris.
Quick Introduction of characters.
Chapter Six: Tutoring.
Chapter Seven: "Tougher than normal"
Chapter Eight: Spring Break!!
Chapter Nine: Spring Break!! II
Chapter Eleven: The Walk.
Chapter Twelve: "I know you love her"
Chapter Fourteen: Going out.
Chapter Fifteen:"What's wrong with Jace?"
Chapter Sixteen:"I didn't want that"
Chapter Thirteen:"I nailed the tests!"
Chapter Seventeen:"Tell her the fucking truth!"
Chapter Eighteen: Talking to Sleep.
Chapter Nineteen: Stupid Drama.
Chapter Twenty:"...Stop Meddling..."
Chapter Twenty-one: Cold and Meaner.
Chapter Twenty-two:"It's......"
Chapter Twenty-three:"The tension...."
Chapter Twenty-four:"We almost...."
Chapter Twenty-five:"How do you know...."
Chapter Twenty-six:"I'll prove to you....."
Chapter Twenty-seven: A Yes.
Chapter Twenty-eight:"....you've got me"
Chapter Twenty-nine: First Official Date.
Chapter Thirty: Apartment Party.
Chapter Thirty-one: Apartment Party II
Chapter Thirty-two:"I'll always....."
Chapter Thirty-three: Freaking Out.
Chapter Thirty-four: Exams and Summer.
Chapter Thirty-five: End of Semester Party.
Chapter Thirty-six: Seventeen calls....Eleven texts.
Chapter Thirty-seven: Misunderstanding.
Chapter Thirty-eight: The Truth.
Chapter Thirty-nine: Betrayal.
Chapter Forty: Decent Conversation.
Chapter Forty-one:"She's left......"
Chapter Forty-two: Home Sweet Home.
Chapter Forty-three:"Your father......"
Chapter Forty-four:"....are you willing to wait...."
Bonus Chapter: Michelle.
Bonus Chapter: Amber.
Chapter Forty-five:"How was the dinner....."
Chapter Forty-six: Chat with Mr. Richards.
Chapter Forty-seven: Engagement and birthday party.
Chapter Forty-eight: Engagement and birthday party II
Chapter Forty-nine:"You're staying here."
Chapter Fifty:"....please, take good care of Mia...."
Chapter Fifty-one: BTE (Best Trio Ever).
Chapter Fifty-two: Mia and Jace.
Author's note.

Chapter Ten: Movie Night.

27 4 0
By Luchitina1806

"Guys!! Come on already!!" Michelle yells from where she's sitting on the couch.

We're about to have our movie night.

Amber is still in her room doing what I have no idea of. I'm grabbing some soda from the refrigerator. Michelle already took our bowl of popcorn to the living room. We also ordered pizza which is yet to arrive.

"You should probably be calling on Amber 'cause I'm right here." I say.

We hear the door bell ring.

"Should be the pizza delivery guy." I say.

"I'll get it." Michelle says.

"Okay. I'm going to get my phone from my room." I say and leave the kitchen.

I reach my room. I see my phone on my bed, I quickly grab it and leave the room.

On reaching the kitchen, I start hearing giggles coming from the living room. I move closer and..........

What the heck???

I was hoping to see two boxes of pizza lying on our glass table, waiting to be devoured but what I'm seeing right now is the opposite.....a negative kinda opposite.

I see Caleb and Michelle making out on the couch.

Seriously?
What is he even doing here?

"What the hell is he doing here?" I ask making Michelle pull away from their kiss.

"Oh hey, Mia. Michelle thought it would be nice if I'm with her tonight so she invited me over." Caleb says and proceeds to kiss Michelle neck.

"Hey......I didn't invite him, I swear." Michelle says while pushing Caleb off herself. Caleb gives her a smirk.

"Yes you did.....oh is that popcorn? I guess we're having a movie night then." Caleb says and dives into the bowl of popcorn we haven't even touched.

"Caleb!! Hey!!" Michelle yells.

"What? I'm only eating popcorn. When's the movie starting?" Caleb asks.

"Michelle, can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask giving Caleb a disgusted look. He gives me a wink in return.

I roll my eyes at him and signal for Michelle to follow me to the kitchen.

"Michelle, this is supposed to be our movie night, I mean you, me and Amber. I don't remember us talking about inviting him over." I say.

"Mia, I promise you......I didn't invite him over." Michelle says.

"Michelle, I just saw you guys doing.... your thing on the couch, if you didn't invite him then how's he here?" I ask.

"He texted me that he wanted to hang out....I said that I won't be able to hang out tonight but he insisted and you know Caleb, he never listens, so....."

I interrupt.

".....so he decided to come over for you guys to hang out here."

"Yeah, exactly. I didn't tell him to come over. I only told him that he should wait for me to come over to his place at 8:30pm. I didn't know he had a plan to come here." Michelle explains.

"Which means we weren't gonna watch the movie together." I say.

"Maybe.....but it's not so bad that he's here since we're gonna be watching it together.....I mean.....I wouldn't need to go to his place and miss out on the movie night." Michelle says.

"You've got to be kidding me, Michelle. I've just told you that this night is supposed to be just the three of us and he's here to ruin that and you think it's not so bad?" I ask.

"Because it's not. Look Mia, I'm really sorry about this." Michelle says.

"You don't need to be sorry, you just have to take your movie night to your room with him. That would probably be more fun especially for him." I say.

"Don't sound like that. We're gonna watch the movie together. I'm pretty sure he would love that." Michelle says.

"Hey guys! I'm here.......is that Caleb?" Amber asks. She's finally out of her room.

"Hey Amber." Caleb says from the living room.

Amber fakes a smile at him and starts approaching us in the kitchen.

"What's he doing here?" Amber asks in a low tone so that Caleb won't hear.

"Maybe you should ask Michelle." I say.

"Michelle?" Amber calls out.

"I was gonna go over to his house but he came here instead." Michelle says.

"I'm sorry, why were you gonna go to his house? We already agreed we would have our movie night hence no hanging out with boyfriends." Amber says.

"I told him I wouldn't be able to hang out with him tonight but he didn't listen." Michelle says.

"So he's gonna join our movie night?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, I guess." Michelle says.

"Nope, I can't have Caleb watch the movie with us. It's either he leaves or you two go to your room or you can as well dress up and go to his house with him like you planned." I say.

"Why are you being this way, Mia? It's not like I invited him myself." Michelle says.

"For the love of God, Michelle! Tonight is supposed to be our night. Can't you convince him to leave? He's your boyfriend, isn't he?" Amber asks.

"Can you guys please just try to understand me? I can't just tell him to leave." Michelle says.

"Why? Are you scared of him?" Amber asks.

"No.....guys please....it's just one movie and we're done." Michelle says.

"I support what Mia said about you going to your room with Caleb." Amber says.

"Amber, you're not helping." Michelle says.

"What? We both know you and Caleb ain't gonna be watching the movie. I don't think I wanna watch two movies at the same time." Amber says.

"Seriously Amber?" Michelle says.

"You know that." Amber says.

"Michelle, I can't......I won't watch the movie with Caleb present." I say.

"Why? Because you hate him so much that you can't stay in the same room with him?" Michelle asks.

"Probably." I say.

"Ok...."

The sound of the door bell interrupts Michelle.

I move towards the door and opens it....and another bombshell....

"Hey Mia." Jordan says after I open the door.

"Jordan?" Amber utters.

"Hey babe." Jordan says.

Amber approaches where I'm standing by the door "Babe, I don't remember telling you to come here so what are you doing here?" She asks Jordan.

"I invited him. I told him that I was coming over here and that he could come too." Caleb says from where he is.

"Caleb invited you and you came without even informing me?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, I thought it an opportunity to spend some time with you, that's why I agreed." Jordan says.

"Babe!! You can't do that. You can't just invite yourself and then someone else too to another person's house without any permission." Michelle says to Caleb.

"What's wrong with that? I thought it would be fun." Caleb says.

I walk towards Caleb and say "Fun? You think inviting someone to another person's house without the person's permission is fun?"

"Our girlfriends live here. I think we've the permission to come here anytime we want. Maybe you should work towards getting your own boyfriend if that pisses you off so much." Caleb says.

What a jerk!!!

"Caleb, stop." Michelle says.

"Don't do that Caleb and Jordan, you need to leave right now." Amber says.

"He just got here......."

Amber interrupts Caleb.

"Caleb, can you not make things any worse? This is between me and Jordan. Jordan, please leave."

"I already told I'm here because I wanna spend some time with you." Jordan says.

"We've been spending lots of time together, Jordan. I wanna spend tonight with my girls, so leave....I'm asking." Amber says.

"Okay.....I'll leave but only if you spare some time for me.....you know....since I'm already here." Jordan says.

"Jordan, why can't you just understand the situation here......."

I interrupt Amber.

"You know what, let's just watch the movie together and Caleb, any further ruin tonight, I'm gonna ruin you. Give me that." I say, snatching the bowl of popcorn from Caleb.

I start walking towards the kitchen. I feel Amber and Michelle following me.

"Mia, I'm really sorry about this." Amber says.

"It's okay." I say.

"I'm sorry about what Caleb said about you getting a boyfriend. He didn't......"

I interrupt Michelle.

"He didn't what? Are you gonna say he didn't mean it 'cause he did. Does it even look like I care about what he said about getting a boyfriend?" I ask not really expecting any answer.

"I don't know I just.....that was really rude of him to say......"

I interrupt Michelle again.

"Oh...now you think him rude. I just hope you get to change your taste in guys soon enough 'cause it's a horrible one. You guys should just try to keep it PG if you don't wanna see me throw up." I say as I refill the bowl of popcorn and start heading to the living room. I sit on the sofa not so close to where Caleb and Jordan are seated.

We hear the door bell ring once again.

"Please tell me it's the pizza this time." I say.

"I'll get it." Amber says as she rushes to the door. "It's the pizza delivery guy." She says after she opened the door.

Amber carries the boxes of pizza to the living room and keeps it on the glass table. She then sits beside Jordan.

"Babe, get over here. Tonight just got better. Any drinks?" Caleb asks.
He gets no answer.

"So what are we watching?" Jordan asks.

"We're gonna be watching Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves." Michelle answers.

"Seriously? Can't we watch something else......"

I interrupt Caleb.

"Unwanted guests don't get to choose what they want." I say with a slightly harsh tone.

"Okay, tough girl. You know we don't have to hate each other so much." Caleb says.

"I don't hate you, I just have really strong phobia for jerks." I say.

"I think we could get along pretty well." Caleb says.

"I wouldn't be that unfortunate, no offense, Michelle." I say.

"Taking an offense in something you're always gonna do is meaningless so none taken." Michelle says.

"Guys, are we gonna start the movie or what?" Amber asks.

"I'm gonna start the movie now.....and there it is." Michelle says as she clicks on the remote controller for the movie to start playing.

I don't like the way tonight is going. I had already imagined sitting on the same couch with Michelle and Amber, stuffing popcorns into our mouths and laughing when necessary but the jerk, Caleb had to ruin it all. I'm sure Caleb and Michelle won't be watching the movie because........

Y'all know what's gonna be happening.

Some minutes later.......

It's been only 26 minutes into the"movie night" and I'm already exhausted. Caleb and Michelle are doing their usual like I thought and it's really distracting everyone. I haven't been able to concentrate on the movie. Amber has been trying her best not to make things more exhausting by not doing anything with Jordan.....yet.

"Michelle, please go to your room with Caleb if you wanna do something other than watching the movie." Amber says.

Michelle doesn't move an inch, neither does Caleb.

Michelle never listens.

I hear my phone chime and it's a text from Jace.

Thank God.
Something to take my mind off the present situation.

The text says: "Hey Mia, you awake?"

"Yeah" I reply.

Jace H.
"What are you doing now?"

Me
"Having a really terrible movie night."

Jace H.
"Why terrible?"

Me
"Not something I can explain over text."

Jace H.
"You wanna explain it face to face?"

Me
"It's not really worth explaining."

Jace H.
"Okay"
"You up for a walk...I mean....since you're not having a great "movie night"

Me
"I'm not sure. I could just go to bed if it gets too unbearable."

Jace H.
"Well, I'm up for a walk and you owe me, remember?"
"You also said something like "I'll be ready when you're ready."

Damn, he remembers what I said clearly.

Mia, you've to go for that walk.

Do I though?

Yes, you obviously need to.

Yeah, I really need to. It may be the only way to get out of this misery.

Yes! That's it.

I thought.

Me
"Okay. I'm coming"
"Where should we meet?"

Jace H.
"I'm right outside here"

Me
"I'm sorry, outside here where??"

Jace H.
"Look out the window"

I stand from the sofa, move to the window behind and open the curtain a little bit.

He's not kidding.
He's really out here.

I see him staring right at me with a smile. He waves at me and I wave back.

Jace H.
"Come on out, let's go"

Me
"I'll be out in a minute"

I quickly go to my room to change into something other than the pajamas I'm wearing now. I reach for one of my black shorts and a bogus red T-shirt with "QUEEN" inscribed on it and also a crown on top of the inscription. I remove my hair band letting my long braids fall.

I'm good to go.

I put my phone into the left pocket of my shorts and leave the room. On getting to the living room, I see Amber and Jordan almost at the same position as Michelle and Caleb.

I guess they were waiting for me to leave.
It's none of your business now.
You're going for a walk.
Yeah, I am.

"I'll be right back guys." I say but they all seem to be carried away by their stuff.

I'm just gonna go.

I open the door and leave the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 150 33
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
36.7K 1.8K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...
76 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
20 5 4
Sebastian is a nineteen year old, who tries to hide his bisexuality from everyone, but everything changes for him after a certain party and a boy nam...