Broken Lives On

Per Purplymaiden06

"What are you so afraid of?" he asked, stepping closer until I couldn't move. I felt trapped between him and... Més

Prologue
Broken lives on 1
Broken lives on 2
Broken lives on 3
Broken lives on 4
Broken lives on 5
Broken lives on 6
Broken lives on 7
Broken lives on 8
Broken lives on 9
Broken lives on 10
Broken lives on 11
Broken lives on 12
Broken lives on 13
Broken lives on 14
Broken lives on 16
Broken lives on 17
A/N
Broken lives on 18
Broken lives on 19

Broken lives on 15

36 10 2
Per Purplymaiden06

Avery's P.O.V

I stood in the parking lot, leaning on the car. Impatiently tapping my heels on the concrete beneath me. The parking area was empty, except for the sound emitting from the picnic.

I looked at my watch frustratedlu when Lyssa spoke up. "Jeez, cool your tits babe. Don't want to lose a hand, do you?"

"Where the hell were you?" I asked standing straight.

"Well, here I am. Do I really need to answer your question?" she said sarcastically.

She threw the car keys at me, but I dodged and they fell to the ground.

"Hey!" she shouted. "What the hell?!" I crossed my arms and looked elsewhere.

"I'm not driving," I stated arrogantly. Lyssa groaned walking over to me and picking up the keys.

"Okay thats it, whats up with you and your pregnant lady moods?" she asked, holding her waist and I sighed.

"Great....she finally notices," I drawl.

"Just spill it out blondy," she matched my tone.

"Why did I just find out that the guy from the club is now my freakin boss? And to make matters worse, he's the last person I would be keen to see in this fucked up world," I said through clenched teeth.

"Well, let me check....Oh wait, you told us to fuckin shut up because you were too caught up in your uptight head to damn listen!" she screamed.

"Why are you shouting?!" I screamed back. Soon, we were both shouting at each other, but I couldn't even hear what we were saying. The noise became unbearable, so I raised my voice above hers, "Okay, shut up!" I shouted and she quieted down. "Okay," I whispered, catching my breath.

I turned my back on Lyssa, ran my sweaty palm through my hair, and closed my eyes, rubbing my temples.

"What's your problem with him, anyway?" she asked, her voice back to normal and somehow sincere if not for her question.

"Everything, okay? He annoys me. He acts like mr know it all and he's always trying to smart talk me. He gets on my nerves, and there's nothing about him thats befitting," I said quickly, struggling to catch my breath. "What?" I asked as I noticed Lyssa's wide-eyed stare.

"You do realize that you just said that whole sentence in a mere second....right?" Lyssa pointed out and I groaned in frustration.

"Can my life get any less boring?" I complained.

"Oh, come on. You're already a downer. I'm sure he'll just add some color to the black and white painting," Lyssa shrugged.

"Lyssa!" I exclaimed in a high-pitched voice.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You're not being helpful. Be a friend," I complained.

"Babe, I'm not your friend. I'm your best friend. Best friends don't give you an umbrella when it rains. They push you to run. I have my way of helping you. What's the big deal about working under him anyways?" she said with a mischievous smirk and I widened my eyes as the statement dawned on me.

"Lyssa," I said breathlessly.

"Hmm?" she answered with a sly smile.

I shook my head and cursed, "To hell with it all."

"It's time to face the beat," she said, and I scrunched up my face.

"I'm pretty sure it's 'time to face the music'," I corrected.

"Whatever, as long as you get it. He's now the owner of Le Delice, and you can't change that. Either you quit because you're annoyed with your incredibly attractive boss....or you act like you don't see him and focus on your everyday life," she finished her sentence shoving the car keys into my hands before returning to the passanger's side.

"Wow, you make it sound so easy," I said as I opened the driver's door. She opened her own door, and we both got in the car.

"It is, especially for you. It's like you have this natural talent for ghosting people. So, what difference does he make?" she shrugged and I just shook my head as I started the car.

Maybe she had a point. What difference would it make? But it still stung. We drove off in silence.

Blaze's P.O.V

A car honked behind me drawing me out of my thoughts. I turned around, thinking it was Eric's blue Dodge Viper, but it was a shiny black Porsche 911 GT3 instead. The door opened and a tall person clad in a pair of ash gray jeans and a white T-shirt got out of the driver's side.

I immediately recognized him, "Chris?" I said but it came out sounding more like a question.

"Wassup, man?" he replied, walking over to me.

"Where's Eric?" I asked.

"He got caught up with some stuff," he said, giving me a forced smile, which I didn't even bother acknowledging.

"Obviously," I sarcastically replied sighing heavily as I pinched my brows.

"Man you okay?" Chris asked, looking me over. Perhaps sensing my mood.

"Yeah," I sighed, pinching in-between my brows again.

"You sure?" he continued to ask and it just ticked me off.

"Just give me the fuckin keys, Chris," I said through clenched teeth, trying to be as polite as I possibly could but the way he looked at me spoke otherwise. My eyes probably said it all. I let out a soft breath. "It's been a long, shitty day, and all I want is to get through it without any further problems." Without a word or question, he threw me the car keys, and I caught them with ease.

I walked over to the car and got in. Without wasting any time, I put the keys in the ignition and started the car. I put it in drive and hit the accelerator, quickly speeding out of the parking lot.

*~*

A wind blew through the tombstones, sending a shiver down my spine. As the gusts swept through the cemetery my hair tousled in the breeze., adding to the eerie atmosphere.

The once clear sky suddenly a somber grey, the sun hidden behind the ominous embrace of the gloomy clouds. The silence of the graveyard was shattered by the howling winds, trespassing into the trees causing a haunting rustling sound.

The fallen foliage on the ground danced in a perilous manner, swaying with every gust. Lost in my thoughts, I walked through the small path leading to her grave. My feet munched at the fallen dry leaves on the ground giving out a crunchy sound.

I raised my head drawn out of my reverie as I realized I was approaching Diana's grave. I caught sight of a small figure by the grave, her floral dress dancing with the wind as she just remained motionless facing the grave.

Without a word, I approached her and silently stood besides her, both of us facing the weathered tombstone.Another gust of wind blew her jet black hair from its loose bun.

As we stood on there in silence, she took a deep breath, her chest rising and falling heavily. "I miss her" she whispered in a small voice, her words filled with both longing and pain.

I slightly nodded in understanding, my heart aching alongside hers. "Me too" I breathed looking at her. I couldn't help but admire her strength as she raised her small head, her round deer like eyes meeting mine.

In her hands, she held a bouquet of purple lilacs, their delicate petals gently swaying in the breeze. They were undoubtedly hand-picked by her, a heartfelt gesture to honor the memory of someone dear.

I smiled slightly at the lilacs "aunt Carol helped me pick them. They were her favorite" she said lowly her deer like eyes on me. I nodded acknowledging her efforts.

"She will love them," I looked at the tombstone then looked back at Anny. "Talk to her," I pointed to the grave and she hesitated, with uncertainty in her eyes. "Go on," I reassured her.

She turned to the grave and approached it with measured steps. Kneeling down besides the grave, she took deep, slightly forced breaths. She glanced at me once more, and I nodded for her to continue.

"H-hello Aunt Dee.. it's me, A-Anny," she spoke with a raspy voice. She looked at the flowers and then back at the tombstone. "I picked these for you. I still remember how much you loved them. I hope you still do," she laid the flowers on the hard, gray stone. She sniffled and put her small hands on her lap. "You know...at the home, we have a new baby. His name is Cecil. He's super cute. I wish you could've met him. He's such a darling, and I'm positive he would've loved you. The home feels a bit homely ever since they found him...but we still miss you," she whispered the last part. "Do you remember that tiny tree we grew on your birthday? Well, he likes playing around it. We spend most of our time there," suddenly, she hugged the tombstone. "Dee, why did you leave without saying goodbye? I always miss y-you, you know? Aunt Coral keeps t-telling me...I am not old enough to understand, b-but... I really need to," now her tears streamed down her round cheeks.

A cold wind blew, and she shuddered. I walked closer to her, holding her shoulder, and she rushed into my arms.

My heart clenched, and breaking down right there wouldn't help. I had to be strong for Anny. "Anny, it's time to go. You're shivering," I said, sounding worried as she visibly quivered in my hold.

"But I don't want to go," she said through tears, her grip getting tighter, her small head buried in my neck. I turned to face the other way, and that's when I noticed Mrs. Hax making her way towards us.

"Look, Aunt Carol is here to pick you up," I said, gently rubbing the back of her head.

She reached were we stood and gave a small nod to me, "she always does this," she said, her eyes still on the grave. She walked over to it, and I watched her as she knelt besides it, made some signs, kissed her index finger, and pressed it to the headstone. She stood up, slightly bowed in respect, and then turned to Anny and me. "She won't even want to go back," she said sadly.

"I totally understand," I said, continuing to rub her head.

"Let's go, Anny," Mrs. Hax stretched out her arms, but Anny's grip only tightened.

"No! I don't want to go," she stated stubbornly.

"Anny...look at the weather. You don't even have anything warm. You'll get sick," Mrs. Hax said, sounding worried.

"I said I don't want to leave," she said, still holding on and standing her ground.

"Anny?" I said, and she sniffled.

"I don't want to leave. I want to stay here with Aunt Dee... please let me stay," she cried.

"I understand how you feel, but do you think Dee would be happy if you got sick?" I asked, and she remained silent. "Huh?" I asked again.

"No," she whispered sadly.

"Good, now go with Aunt Carol," I said, and she pulled away from my neck. I was about to hand her over to Mrs. Hax when she held onto my arm.

"Wait! Can you take us home?" she asked, her teary deer like eyes gazing at me.

"He's busy, An..." Mrs. Hax began but I interrupted.

"No, it's okay," I said, looking at her, and then I turned to Anny. "Yes, dear, I'll take you," she gave a small smile and hugged me tightly. A weird feeling decreased the pang I felt inside and it made me feel warmer.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"No problem," I smiled. Finally, Mrs. Hax took her into her arms. I reached into my pocket, took out the keys, and handed them to her. "Take her to the car. I'll be there shortly," I said softly.

"Thank you," she whispered, and I acknowledged her with a nod. I watched them walk away.
_______________________

This chapter is dedicated to my family from Our Shared Shelf, who are always supportive. Thank you guys💜💜💜

ohtobeadored
Paromita040
boneeart
madleensarah
Paromita040
Senseless_lemur
seritypsychic
tonyatwraxall
Random8712
authorelle34
jobless_for_Bangtan

Do vote, comment and share. Am counting on you😜.

Love u all
Stay lovely
Lovelies 💕♥️

P.M out💜

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

90.7K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
1.6M 38.2K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
Logan Per Marie

Novel·la juvenil

11.3K 269 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...
Serra Per it's Aeryn

Literatura romàntica

14.1K 378 15
In the solitude of unrequited love, I have danced alone, weaving dreams that were doomed from the start. Each step I took towards you was like naviga...