Here's to You, Zephaniah.

By cece4435379

Zephaniah's journey is a testament to the resilience of the human spirit and the transformative power of self... More

Zephaniah
Zephaniah(1)
Zephaniah(2)
Zephaniah(3)
Zephaniah (4)
Zephaniah (5)
Zephaniah (6)
Zephaniah(7)
Zephaniah(8)
Zephaniah(9)
Zephaniah (10)
Zephaniah (11)
Zephaniah(12)
Zephaniah(13)
Zephainah (14)
Zephaniah(14a)
Zephaniah(14b)
Zpehainah 15
Zephaniah (15b)
Zephaniah 16
Zephaniah (17)
Zephaniah (18)
Zephaniah (18a)
Zephaniah (19)
Zephaniah (20)
Zephaniah (20a)
Zephaniah (21)
Zephaniah (22)
Zephaniah (23)
Zephaiah (24)
Zephaiah (25)
Zephaniah (26)
Zephaniah (27)
Zephaniah (28)
Zephaniah (29)

Zephaniah (21a)

4 0 0
By cece4435379

Continuation chapter!!

Alora

Okay I'm listening. I rub my stomach out of complete fear and looked forward. I wonder how hard he bleeding out right now and I have to drive like this, absolutely crazy, the sight and smell of his blood might get me pull over. "First I need you to get out the car." I got out the car. I was going to make a run for it but there was 4 other guys standing on the backside of my car and I didn't even notice until I did and decided it wasn't worth risking anymore or not like this at least. I felt a tear fall. In all honestly when am I going to escape this life. The hazel eyes stranger walked away and I stood there in complete confusion as a lady approached me.

"Hello there sweetie my name is Halo. I work for you're father. Remember Charles, I know it might be a lot for an expecting mother but believe me if you just follow all the instructions correctly and carefully you and you're child will be just fine. Any questions and concerns will not be acknowledge so don't ask me" The lady walked closer to me. "I want you to understand anything before today is non existent.You're safe until the kid is born. As you been told and warned to you many of times now, you're safety, isn't guaranteed after that."

"We also been informed that Zephaniah had fired you. Since you have failed the first time, we are extending you're grace period until the kid is born. I still need you to get back on good terms with Zaire." I move my hand through my hair. I hate this motherfucker I do. "to my understanding, Anandi still doesn't know do she." I shook my head no and she smiled. "well at least you can do that correctly." I cross my arms. What is he planing to blackmail on me now.

Niel

I'm sitting in my room, leg moving at 600 mph. Troy finally answer after the 3 rang. Yo Troy what happen? They asking me about you? They questioning my whereabouts. That shit wasn't apart of the fucking plan. You have lost you're fucking mind. Don't have me come out there and fix them loose screws. I got to much shit to lose bro. I stop shaking my leg and the call on his end disconnected.

I got up and yelled. I'm sick of this shit! and kick my bedpost. I heard my phone rang and I answered and put it on speaker. "They got Alora, Neil. I rub my hair in frustration. Fuck, do you know what they planing on doing to her? There was silence and then I heard some rattling noise. What the fuck is going on Troy. I heard the call go on mute. Bro what. I started pacing. The call got unmuted. I heard some voices but I didn't recognize any of them, but the loudest one sounds like a woman voice.

"So that's all you been assigned to do. I hope you don't fail this one just as you did, the one before. You're life is a stake and so will you're child life will be too. You know Charles is a powerful man with a lot of connections. Don't feel guilty about anything. Anandi brought all this shit upon herself. I wish I had the heart to feel bad for her. We will be taking you're car. We have another one assigned to you, to take with you and to keep. Bring him here." I heard shuffling. "We need to move, we still in a public area, we can't do this here." Then more shuffling, and I heard Troy yell at me."Bro that was Alora they was talking to, I didn't think they would've found her that fast."

Man what, you talking in riddles, are they playing something against Anandi, see nah that's not what we agreed too. Charles shady as fuck! We got to come up with a new plan. FUCK! I'm tired of all these dead ends. Troy starts yelling. "I have to get off the phone, I need to get to the place before they do, if I don't call you in a few days or text you, most likely cause Charles got a hit man out to kill me."

"I know we didn't agree to this but our plan ain't going to work under theses circumstances. We got to tweak it somewhere somehow. I don't got time to go over the logistics right now. I need to get there before they fucking do." Get where, why you talking like this Troy, the fuck did you do behind my back. I heard a car door open and close. "I didn't do shit yet. I need you to trust me, if I get there before them, we be cool, I don't know what they plotting against Anandi, I have no clue why Charles want her either. I just know I did my half now, I got to cover up a few more things and we good. I hang up on him. I can't deal with his ass right now. We good, the fuck do this little bitch made idiot think we going to be good after all of this, how is we good, and the woman who was there for me is about to die. The flashbacks start to hit.

10 years earlier.

"Hey little man.Why are you out here? Shouldn't you be in school. Damn he keep getting them younger and younger hun." I brush this lady off. I mean she pretty but why she talking to me for. "I know you hear me boy" she waved her hand across my face and I grab her hand and held it at her side and looked at her sideways. "This is good, so you understand English." I roll my eyes and let her hands go. Is you buying or you just going to stand around me and waste my fucking time. She smirked. "I'm heading to work, are you hungry?" I shook my head no, and she said "okay I'll be back later."

An good 4 hours passed by and I gave dude his ounce, he walked away and I see her walk up to me."Who you work for" I roll my eyes. "Well I been thinking and I assuming I already know at this point, but are you hungry, you been out here for a while, and I decided to have my lunch with you today." I roll my eyes again. This pretty lady mad crazy. "I'm Anandi, I'm assuming you're my boyfriend new fresh meat." I looked at her and said nothing. An frown came upon her face and she spoke again."yeah you gots to be, he owns this whole block and the one after this one. I seen you for the third time this week, and I decided to introduce myself, this time around." I ignored her and kept looking around, mostly looking for my next client. This block ain't busy like Charles said it was going to be, and shit this lady is crazy. I ain't know mfs watching me like this.

"Fresh meat, here's you're lunch." I look at her and then her bag. I'm good. She smiled. "Nah you really not, you should come with me. Please. I know I'm just a stranger to you, but I hate to see you die." I responded back to this nut-head. I'm good lady, the fuck is wrong with you. She thrown her hands in the air. "Okay die, die right here. My boyfriend always kill the fresh meat. ALWAYS. If you wasn't born into the gang, or birth by one of his pre-existing employees, you're dead man. I be trying so hard to save y'all. Please believe me. His name is Charles. You working for him right now, isn't you."

I shrug my shoulders. Lady I know what I got into, when I got this job. She shaking her head aggressively no. "You honestly don't. Charles is a evil and manipulative man, he promise to pay off you're debts too didn't he, he told you that you'll be his right hand man, didn't he, all you got to do is work for him-" her voice started to fade out and I heard Charles instead. "all you got to do is work 90 days for me. 90, and all that you have to pay back to me will be gone. All you stolen from me and mines, will be forgiven. The 20,000 you owe, you won't have to stress about it no more. Look around you, if you work hard, you'll be in my position. My right hand man."

I asked her. How you know all of this. If that's you're boyfriend, then why you telling on him. I look at her. She looking down, holding on tight on to that Burger King bag. "I don't love this man anymore. I'm in some bullshit myself too, I watch too many of you guys be played like a chess game. I feel so guilty. You're somebody child. Somebody expecting you to come home. A few days from now. You won't. He always kill y'all after 12 days. That's his favorite number. I hear the shots, I even witnessed a few. I have so much ptsd from this shit. I have a bother. My bother is a good man. You'll be able to actually go to school. Do something with you're life.

You just have to convince him, you're actually trying to. Somebody will have to take you're place in theses streets though, but you can do better. I have a good feeling about you. See Charles, he will kill you if you don't have that 20,000 by next week Friday. There's no way in hell, you'll be able to make that money in what, 5 days, and he chosen the wrong block for you to make you're money at that, on purpose. There's no real chance here, the people he sending you're way, is the same people that works for him, he made sure that you don't even hit nearby that 20,000. That man is extremely smart. That man use you guys to prove a point. Another person falls weak to him every single week, and every single day another man is dead because of him and his greed. I'm sick of it. If you want the help, I can help you.

I stood silent for a while then I spoke. It's my grandma. She sick. I borrowed money from my friend, which he stolen from Charles. There's was no way to even give it back to him, or at least my half, cause I gave it all to her and her treatments. Colon cancer. I'm very certain she going to die soon, but I'm doing all I can to save her for as long as I can. See all I got is my dad and my grandma left. I watch her shed a few tears.

I can't risk no dumb shit lady, so if you're in some bullshit. She began taking over me. "Fresh meat, I have a plan, but you can never tell my bother it was me okay, not me who sent you to him, not me who helping you out, absolutely nothing, this situation, I'm in, I can't. I can't ask him for his help. I have to do this. All on my own. I want you to promise me, you'll go to school, that you will go to college and do something with you're life, and if school ain't for you, you're still going to work hard and become an good citizen out here. I need to know this fresh meat."

It's Niel, my name is Neil. She passes me the bag of food and I taken it. She wipe her tears."I need that promise or I'll be watching you also in 5 days dying. You're grandmother and you're father would hate to hear how you randomly disappeared and then find you're body 9 states away. The man so calculated with the shit, but not good enough, cause I know all his tactics and I'm save as many as I can. Neil are you going to promise me?"

I promise. A smile appears on her face and another tear fallen."Okay let's get you into safe arms."

10 years present.

I'm have to let her die. Anandi you should've let me died on that 12th day. I didn't deserve you're kindness. I can't let shit else happen to me or my plan. I never promised you loyalty though. I hope you forgive me. I laid back in my bed and look at my ceiling. Wow. I would've been looking at my casket, if she didn't help me all them years ago. How times changed. I don't know what I'm going to do. How can I protect you and me.

Anandi

I smiled. I'm very exited for our little friendship date. I can't until I can give her the tea about my man. I love Zephaniah, I really do but something's, I don't tell her. I and Cristiano are together now, I did tell her that though. He asked me to be his girlfriend, the day the incident occurred with Zephaniah. I can say we moving pretty fast but then again, this is all prefect timing. I choose not to question anything, I know in my heart, he truly a good man. The haters can hate all they please. I opened subway surfers and played it for a little while. I'm excited for our little date. Seems like a treasure hunt date. This is so cute, he so thoughtful and adorable. I'm truly bless to have him as my man.

After a while I got bored with playing subway suffers and went to find something for our little treasure date today. I'm first shower. I know I already take one but I just want to feel that hot water against my skin once more. When I got out, I decided to wear my army cargo pants, and a plain white top crop top. My black ones and my trusty butterfly necklace to finish the look. I place my hair into a messy bun and sprayed some perfume I went to the kitchen. I wiped the countertop done and disaffected any area anybody been in. I almost passed out engulfing theses smells but at least I know no known germs will be coming out here.

I sat down on my couch and turn on Hulu. What to watch, I mumbled to myself and decided on adventure time. I feel like I'm forgetting something but I couldn't wrap my head around what it is. I heard my door knocking and I went to it. It's my dog and Cristiano. I opened the door. How was y'all walk? Fluffy barked and Cristiano smiled. Once they was inside I closed, and lock the door. You look so beautiful baby, Cristiano told me and he kiss my cheek. I smiled and he said well I saw a dear friend of yours and me and fluffy had a great time. I smiled and said I trust you, whoever you saw, I know you didn't do anything wrong to hurt me. He grab my hands and we kissed. Fluffy barked at us. Cmon boy let's go enjoy the rest of our day.

Xoxo cece

Y'all rn:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 264 46
Young lady goes on a journey to self discovery amidst life's ups and downs. Through it all she finds that love could be found in the most unprecedent...
108 10 44
"Join Letricia on a heart-wrenching and uplifting journey of self-discovery as she unravels the threads of her past, present, and future. With unflin...
249 0 46
Zilah, a 20 year old has always been one to self doubt. Dealing with depression, anxiety, and never giving herself the benefit of the doubt, and alwa...