Young Justice: Nomad

By TheCayde

Follow the lives of teenage superheroes and sidekicks, namely Red Robin, Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Superboy... More

Bio
Independence Day
Fireworks
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Drop Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
Targets
Homefront
Alpha Male
Revelation
Humanity
Failsafe
Disordered
Secrets
Cold-front
Misplaced
Confession
Cold-Hearted
Agendas
Bloodline
Framed
Argus
Usual Suspects
S1 Finale: Auld Acquaintance
S2: Bio
Incorrect Quotes
S2: Happy New Year
S2: Effed Around and Found Out

Bereft

709 25 7
By TheCayde

Bialya; September 4th, 00:16 EEST
-

Miss Martian decamoflagues, in the pale moonlight of the desert. However, she's alone. She groans as she pushes herself into a sitting position.

Miss M: Kyatchaa s'lamoth... (Ohh, my head)

She looks up.

Miss M: K'azzarr M'gann? N'da M'arzz. (Where am I? This can't be Mars.)

She looks to the sky.

Miss M: Ah'lunzz? (One moon?)

Then sifts sand through her fingers.

Miss M: Sesess perakazz? Hw'asheta! (White sand? Oxygen!)

She bumps her head lightly with her hand.

Miss M: "Hello, Megan. I'm on Earth."

She walks down a slope.

Miss M: "But how did I get on Earth? Why am I wearing this costume? she brings a hand to her head. And why does my head hurt so much?"

Without warning, she trips rolls downhill.

Miss M: "Is this a dream?"

A figure lands harshly, creating a flurry of dust and sand. As it clears Superboy is the source, though his stance is feral as he looks at Megan without any recognition. M'gann's eyes go from his face to the red S on his black t-shirt.

Miss M: "Wait, I've seen that symbol. Are you Superman?"

With a wordless cry, Superboy stands tall, ripping his shirt apart. M'gann only has time to gasp before he charges at her. He lands on all fours mere moments after M'gann managed to move.

Seeing that she is only a few feet away, he jumps at her again, this time with a punch. She takes to the air, giving herself an advantage over the rampaging maniac. He jumps at her, but instead of dodging she brings her hands together.Creating a telepathic wall.

Though with the power behind his jump it knocks both of them to the ground. He gets his bearings faster than she does, but instead of attacking her, he uses the time to get away.

Miss M: "Not a dream."

She thinks to herself, hugging herself tightly.

Miss M: "A nightmare."
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

We open to Robin walking dazedly through the dry heat in the sun, using the rock formation beside him to help him stay orientated. Coming to the edge of the formation, he remains mostly hidden, looking out beyond the formation. Where he can see smoke over the ridge, his eyes widening as his brain processes what it is. A jeep speeds past where he's hiding, but he's not there. As the jeep moves past the Boy Wonder can be seen over their heads in a crevice in the rock.

Robin: "Those are Bialyan Republic Army uniforms."

He starts his HoloGlove.

Robin: "But what are Bialyans doing in-"

His thought process breaks as he looks at his location on the map.

Robin: "Uh, Bialya? okay, better question: what am I doing in Bialya-"

His gaze goes straight to the date on the bottom of his HoloScreen. Reading 12:02; 04-09. His eyes go wide in shock.

Robin: "in September?! What happened to March? Better radio Batman."

His finger going to his comm set.

Batman: "Maintain radio silence at all times."

He remembers his mentor saying.

"Or not. But if I'm here that means so is Mason, so... where is he?"

He muses before walking to the edge of the rock, executing a quadruple flip. Landing perfectly, but something on top of one of the rocks catches his attention. The black shirt with the red S was clearly ripped off, that much the Boy Wonder can tell, but with nothing else, he scrutinizes the shirt.

In a shack in another part of the desert, Kid Flash's voice can be heard.

KF: "Pssst. Red. Red. Are you dead?"

We see Red Robin out cold as Kid Flash's gloves hand kept poking his face. Irritated the speedster did gently slap before following up with a hard slap making Red's arm thrust out and punches him in return.

KK: "Ow!"

Red sits up rubbing his cheek looking at Kid Flash rubbing his jaw.

Mason: "What the hell KF?"

KF: "Sorry! I had to make sure you weren't dead."

Red looks around seeing that they were in a shack in confusion.

Mason: "Where are we?"

KF: "Don't know. Maybe she knows."

He states pointing at a unconscious Artemis.  The boys walk over to her as Kid Flash sadly turns on the charm.

KF: "Hey. Beautiful. Wake up."

Artemis opens her eyes, groaning, but seeing through a hole in the roof, and on the edge of her vision, Red Robin and Kid Flash. KF decked out in Stealth colors. Closing her eyes as she brings her hand to her head as she sits up. She's taken by surprise when Red and KF is right in front of her. One smiles brightly while the other slightly glares, but she still scurries away. Grabbing her bow and moving until her back is to the wall, while Red takes out his bo staff.

KF: "Hey, it's okay. It's okay. We won't hurt you. We're one of the good guys."

He says, finally standing up.

KF: "You know, Kid Flash. Red Robin."

Artemis: "Seen Kid Flash on the news. He doesn't wear black. But Red Robin's cuter up close."

Artemis scrutinizes. KF looks down, just as confused as she is.

KF: "Uh, little unclear on that myself."

Mason: "What about you? Green Arrow fixation?"

Artemis looks down, shock covering her features and showing in her posture.

Artemis: "Who put me in this!?"

KF's eyes go wide.

KF: "Wow. I am not touching that with a ten foot- uh, so you know how to use that bow?"

Artemis: "Yeah, my dad taught me..."

She admits, the fear falls from her posture, only to be replaced by anger.

Artemis: "Dad! He must've done this. Another of his stupid tests."

Mason: "What kind of test?"

Artemis: "He probably wants me to kill you."

She admits, completely nonchalant about the idea. Kid Flash's eyes go wide while Red just raises a brow, but the trio look up as an all-too-recognizable sound starts getting louder from right over their heads. Red grabs Artemis' hand, pulling her out of the shack, the three of them getting knocked down by the force of the explosion at their backs.

In the sand, three tanks are approaching. Lead by a jeep armed with a machine-gun.

Soldier: "Mat khalee-homshee yih-raboo!" (Don't let them escape!)

One shouts. The soldier fires the machine gun at their retreating forms. Artemis looks over her shoulder before dropping into a roll on a diagonal, coming to a kneeling position with her bow aimed at the leading car. She releases the arrow, which impacts the ground below the front of the car, flipping it over her, Red and Kid Flash's heads before it lands and bounces two more times.

The speedster looks back to Red and Artemis, seeing them hidden behind a small rock formation and firing at more of the Bialyan troops. He slides his goggles over his eyes before taking off. At a distance, the tanks fire two more missiles. Red and Artemis gasps as Kid picks them up and runs off. The missiles landing on his heels.

KF: "Sorry."

He apologizes, as Artemis looks to him rather than the army at his back.

KF: "They've got bigger arrows."

Once again, the tanks take aim. Kid looks over his shoulder before running faster to dodge the impacts, causing Artemis to turn more into his hold to avoid the dust and dirt and to minimize the fact that she's clenching her eyes shut with each impact.

Artemis: "Thanks."

She says quietly as they finally start to run in a straighter line again. Kid Flash laughs lightly.

KF: "Told ya, good guys."

Mason: "Now- uh- not to pry, but- uh- what's your name?"

He says with a small smile, though it drops ever so slightly.

Mason: "Oh, and what's this about you killing me?"

Miss M: I'm actually on Earth.

We cut to M'gann thinking excitedly as she flies around the desert landscape.

Miss M: "I've wanted this for so long... even if it's not exactly like TV."

She makes a loop around a rock formation that stands tall in the air before coming to a stop between two tree carcasses.

Miss M: "But why can't I remember how I got here?"

She sits cross-legged, but still floating in the air.

Miss M: "Concentrate. Remember."

Her eyes open, glowing white.
==========================================================

It's dark in the Bialyan desert, before M'gann is Superboy, kneeling down on both his knees. Looking around confused for a few moments before he grabs his shirt and rips it apart with a yell. Charging at M'gann.

XX

Superboy stands tall in front of a large machine, looking at the control panel.

Aqualad: "Good idea. Go."

Superboy: "Be careful."

Superboy tells M'gann with a small smile.

XX

Miss M: "Careful, Superboy, they're hot."

M'gann tells Superboy as he reaches for a tray of cookies. Taking one off the tray with no problem. Wally- in his uniform- zips in and takes the cookie from Superboy's hand.

KF: "Not as hot as you Babe."

He says, before throwing it into his mouth, oblivious to the angry look Superboy is giving him. Superboy takes another as he looks M'gann.

Miss M: "Uh, thanks, Wally. That's uh... sweet."

KF: "Not as sweet as you, sugar."

Wally says, barely after swallowing. Red hits him in the back of the head, ignoring the small noise of pain in favor of an insult and taking two cookies handing one to Artemis.

Mason: "Keep your hormones in check Simp Flash!"

Artemis and Robin smiling along at Red's jab at Wally.

Batman: "Team, report to the mission room."

Batman's voice travels over the speaker system, gaining everyone's attention.
==========================================================

Back in the present M'gann smiles brightly.

Miss M: "I'm on a team. I have friends, and a Superboy who might be..."

She trails in thought, before forcing herself to focus again.

Miss M: "I have to him- them."

Miss M: "Hello? Um, Team?"

She tries with her telepathy.

Miss M: "Maybe they're just out of my range."

M'gann thinks to herself, staying positive before she takes off going faster and disappearing due to her camouflage. Cut to Wally coming to a stop on the far side of a small ravine, using the shade to block them from the afternoon sun. Setting Artemis and Red down on both their feet before bending over, panting. The duo looks at him in an odd combination of irked, disappointed, and confused.

KF: "Sorry. Running on empty. You got any bat snacks in that utility belt Red?"

Mason: "No. And don't ever say bat snacks again."

Kid Flash wipes at his brow as he stands straight again, but still breathing heavily.

KF: "Don't think I've eaten in a while."

He opens a small compartment on the inside of his wrist.

KF: "Been out here over 24 hours, or my cupboards wouldn't be bare."

Artemis looks like she wants to say something, but before she can Superboy drops in between the three. The jump causes a kick up of dust and sand before it fully clears Superboy turns and yells at Kid Flash. Startling the speedster before hitting with a backhand that knocks him into the ravine. Looking over his shoulder he sees Red and Artemis.

Realizing they're, his next target they jump into a back-handspring giving themselves enough space to throw a disk and for Artemis to draw her bow and aim an arrow at Superboy's chest. Though it has no effect, they keep moving back and firing more arrows and disks. Artemis dives into a roll to avoid Superboy's attempt to get her around her waist but Red using his grapple gun to pull her close to him.

He looks to the sky and yells into the void. Just a telltale whistle can be heard. Zooming right past Red and Artemis and landing right between Superboy's feet. Their collective cry of pain is enough to reach M'gann. Gripping her head, she sees Superboy surrounded by the flames of the missile.

Miss M: "Superboy, where are you?"

She asks looking around until she sees black smoke on her left. Taking off for the source as fast as she can. Two Bialyan tanks approach the crater and a fallen Red and Artemis. Hearing them approach both them and Superboy rise, though the clone faster than the Robin and archer. Gripping their heads before looking at the tanks Red and Artemis is shocked to see Superboy land in front of them, almost protectively.

Before he jumps to land on top of the left Bialyan tank, grabbing ahold of the main gun and bending it. As he rips it off the machine gun on top of the tank shoot Superboy in the back. Turning towards the source Superboy grabs the gun, removing the barrel from the gun the soldier is holding. Before grabbing the soldier and throwing him up and away. Finally, with a scream, Superboy grabs onto the top of the tank before ripping it clean off and throwing it away too.

The second tank shoots at him in the back, the force throwing him into the rock face away from the tanks. Unhurt the boy of steel stands up in the small crater before jumping back at the tank with a scream.

Mason: "Okay. I'll bite. WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY?!"

Artemis. "And whose side is he on?"

KF: "You wanna stick around and find out?"

Wally asks back, all of them watching as Superboy beats up on the tank. The three run off, away from the chaos. Wally runs quickly over the sandy dunes, unfortunately tripping on a rock on the way down, only giving him, Red and Artemis enough time to gasp before they roll the rest of the way down the hill.

They're unhurt but are stunned when two fighter jets fly over them. They stand up to watch, thinking they're not the targets. However, the fighters circle back around, firing at the three.

Red: "Get down!"

He yells over the gunfire, bringing both Kid Flash and Artemis to the ground as the fighter blows past them. The two circle back around, Artemis nocking an arrow and taking aim.

Miss M: "Don't worry, I'm almost there."

M'gann's voice rings out in their heads just as Artemis takes her shot, though stunned she misses completely.

Artemis: "Did you just hear a girl talking in your head?"

Artemis asks, completely freaked out.

KF: "Girls are always on my mind,"

He says with a smirk, though his eyes change slightly as he looks more directly at Artemis out of the corner of his eye while Red does a glare.

KF: "but they're not usually talking."

M'gann flies behind the two planes, hiding in their blind spot, before she moves both her hands out in front of her, then clapping them together. In a mirror move the two planes crash into each other. Creating an explosion behind M'gann's back as she lowers herself to the ground by Red, Artemis and Kid Flash.

Mason: "What the hell's going on?"

KF: "Well, J'onn, the costume looks familiar, but I'm not sure the new bod screams "Manhunter"."

KF says to the Martian with enough sarcasm and impressively creeped out in his tone to get his point across.

Miss M: "You know my uncle J'onn? Hello, Megan, of course, you do! You're Kid Flash. Wally! You're Red Robin our leader! And you're Artemis."

KF: "Wait, wait, wait. Martian Manhunter is your uncle?"

Wally asks, taking in the new information happily considering he's not riddled with bullet holes thanks to her.

KF: "Is that how you know my name?"

Artemis. "Your name is really Wally?"

KF: "Ohh..."

Miss M: "It's okay. We're teammates, friends, I made you cookies."

That last one catches Wally's attention, but also Artemis' in a curious way.

Artemis: "You two know her?"

He jealousy showing as she turns her head towards Red and Kid Flash and puts one hand on her hip.

KF: "No, I swear, beautiful. Never seen her before in my life. At least not that I..."

Mason: "Do I look like someone who would get close to an alien?"

ELSEWORLD
-

Supergirl: "Were surrounded."

Mason: "I know."

Just then from the tree's a massive crowd of Villains appear. Supergirl goes through the list in her head. Deadshot, Copper head, Giganta, Black Manta, Catman, Black Spider, Cheetah, then she suddenly stops staring at one giant villain made of fire.

Mason: "I suppose it'll be useless to tell you to leave."

Supergirl: "Oh yeah, I'm not missing out on this."

Mason: "Your funeral."

Supergirl: "Already had one."

Supergirl shoots back with a sweet smile

Mason: "Don't remind me."

PRESENT
-

M'gann sighs.

Miss M: "You've three lost your memories too."

She hears more Jeeps come in, turning she sees them heading towards a black pillar of smoke.

Miss M: "C'mon, I fill you in as we go. Robin and Superboy need our help."

Mason: "Wait my brother's here?!"

Artemis: "Your brother is Robin?"

KF: "Of course,"

KF: Wally drawls before following Red, M'gann and Artemis.

KF: "Robin and Super-what now?"

He asks, only now realizing what she said as he was about to say it. Superboy struggles against the binds around his wrists four wires branching off each one with two Bialyan soldiers holding onto the end of each. He screams out, trying to overpower them. He turns his attention to the ones holding his left arm and only pulls that arm, finally able to knock over at least a couple of soldiers. Seeing this a higher-ranked soldier steps up, armed with a gun.

Soldier: "You must control his mind."

He commands the man behind him. His pale white skin covered by a button-down top and a brown hooded cloak. Despite the fact that it is supposed to cover most of his head there is still some pink that can be seen near his eyes. He raises his hand towards Superboy.

???: "There doesn't seem to be much mind left in there to control. But... be still."

Superboy stops fighting against the soldiers, turning his attention to the hooded man, his eyes going wide for a second before closing as he falls to his knees then to the ground.

Now unconscious it only requires two Bialyan soldiers to drag him to the truck. The pale man smirks as they do. The trucks departing, missing an unconscious Aqualad- in stealth mode- hidden only by a small outcropping of rocks.

Night falls across the Bialyan desert. The only sound is light footsteps as Robin comes up a dune. His HoloGlove displaying a map.

Robin: "I wish I could remember why I put a GPS marker here."

He mumbles. Seeing over the top of the next dune briefly, he drops, still seeing the large mechanical/electronic device sitting out in the open.

Robin: "Huh. Guessing that's why."

Looking up over the dune the Boy Wonder realizes that the entire area is completely deserted. Narrowing his eyes, he jumps, landing within five feet of the device. Just as he lands six soldiers stand up, knocking the sand they were hiding under from their uniforms.

Soldier: "Sahibit il galala tureadahoo hayan!" (Her Majesty wants him alive!)

One of the soldiers shouts a reminder to the others. All of them charging the Boy Wonder. His eyes narrow, before he drops a smoke bomb as all the soldiers get within range. Many of them start coughing instantly, only to be cut off by sounds of impact. One looks through the smoke as best he can, but Robin comes at him from the left as he is looking away. Taking him down quickly.

Two soldiers have found each other amidst the smoke, Robin joins them in the small clearing with a smirk on his face. Throwing two bolas just as they turn around, before jumping into the smoke again.

Finding another, he gets too close for him to be shot, pushing off the soldier's bent knee- as he was stepping before the Boy Wonder came into view- then kneeing him strong enough in the chest to send him to his back with a thud.

Robin throws three disks, taking out two soldiers' guns, but the third dodges, despite two more coming around his back, Robin runs for the one he missed. Jumping he grabs tightly onto the soldier's shoulders, as the other two try to cut him off.

Using his momentum to force the soldier into a 180° spin then push two soldiers into each other he hits the third in the face and skids across the desert sand.

Soldier: "Kifaya! Idrab nar!" (Enough! Open fire!)

The leader commands, all taking up arms. Robin back-handsprings to avoid the bullets, stopping once he's out their immediate range.

A black blur zips past, robbing them of their weapons.

KF: "I'll take that."

Wally's voice identifies him as the source. Running past two more.

KF: "Thanks!"

He calls, taking their guns as well, before stopping behind the soldiers. Dropping all the guns before heading back into the fray. Robin already sizing up one of the soldiers, but as he dodges the hook punch, and retaliates with a kick to the ribs.

Kid Flash takes out the other three. Two more advance, armed with their guns. The first manages to fire off two shots before they're both lifted into the air, just as Robin turns towards the source, armed with a disk. Robin turns back, M'gann flies behind him, but in camouflage mode, so he can't see her.

That is until she turns visible again. Kid Flash runs at another soldier, who raises his foot to try and kick the teen Hero, Wally slows down and grabs the soldier's foot mid kick. Spinning him around at high speeds before throwing him at two more advancing soldiers.

Looking to his left he sees the last soldier running away, but he also sees a green arrow following the attempted escapee. The arrow cracks behind his turned back, releasing a bola that wraps around his legs, crashing the soldier to the ground.

All three look to Artemis on the dune, a stoic look on her face, before she smiles softly and makes her way down the dune. Two more soldiers arrived behind her but as that happened Red arrives doing a multi takedown with his staff.

Artemis: "Mmm...that boy."

"KF! Bro!"

Robin says as he and the redhead head towards each other, grasping the speedster's hand in his own as Red walks over smiling.

Robin: "Man, it is good to see some familiar faces."

Mason: "Hey little bro."

The Boy Wonder seems to have been expecting that his brother continues.

Mason: "Memory loss?"

Robin: "Six months!"

Robin cries, outraged, or just offended.

Robin: "Let's hogtie these creeps and compare notes."

The eight are hogtied and groaning before long.

Robin: "So we're a Team?"

Robin asks, kinda-sorta believing what M'gann is telling him.

Miss M: "The five of us and Superboy."

M'gann says, saving the hardest to believe piece for last. Though not hard to believe as Robin grabs something from his belt and responds with ease and speed.

Robin: "Then this must be his."

In his hand is black polyester with a red S decal on the front.

Miss M: "Yes."

M'gann gasps, taking it from the Boy Wonder.

Miss M: "Did you see him?"

Artemis: "I think we did!"

Artemis realizes while Kid Flash mulls it over.

KF: "Feral-boy? Some teammate, he attacked us."

Mason: "He didn't know who we are."

Artemis: "I don't know who we are!"

Robin: "I remember Batman ordering Radio silence. Our Team must work for him."

In an instant, Wally has a smirk on his face.

KF: "How do you know we don't work for my mentor?"

He asks, hitting the Flash logo on his chest for emphasis. Though when his suit suddenly goes back to bright yellow, he stops short.

KF: "Whoa."

He hits it a couple more times, watching as his color scheme changes.

KF: "This is so cool."

Red. Artemis, Robin try it too, with no results.

Artemis: "We look ridiculous."

She snaps, catching everyone's attention but Wally- who is still acting like a five-year-old with a new toy.

Artemis: "Quit touching yourself!"

Wally does it one more time, causing Artemis to make a sound of annoyance.

Artemis: "We need our memories back."

Mason: "I'm with Green Arrow fanatic. On this one, we need to know why we're out here and what the hell happened."

M'gann nervously rubs her hands together nervously.

Miss M: "To help Superboy."

She thinks to herself, hardening her resolve before bringing her hands to her head and her eyes glowing white. Red, Robin, Artemis, and Kid Flash look around stunned as they see small chunks of memories playing around them.

Miss M: "I brought you into my mind to share what I remember so far."

A white form appears before the three, holding M'gann's voice.

Miss M: "But I need your help,"

Finally M'gann's hooded form appears.

Miss M: "together our broken memories can form a whole if you open your minds to mine."

Artemis looks angered and betrayed.

Artemis: "You wanna paw through our private thoughts?"

M'gann raises her hands in defense before she even responds.

Miss M: "I don't wish to intrude but-"

Mason: "You need to hack our minds to figure out what happened to us. Got it, go."

He finishes, snapping his fingers as he gives her his okay.

KF: "My brain's all yours. Try not to let its brilliance overwhelm you."

Robin: "Or underwhelm you. Hey, why isn't anyone just whelmed?"

He asks. Artemis ignores the fact that he's spouting nonsense and turns to M'gann. Hearing Red step up, her eyes fall on him, what catches her attention is his soft smile and the fact that his hand is reaching out for hers.

Artemis: "Last six months only. And only what you need."

She tells M'gann, glancing back at Red briefly. M'gann nods, reaching her hands out as astral projections of hands branch off her hands and her head to meet with Red, Artemis, Kid Flash, and Robin's heads. The memory clips become more uniform before finally becoming a full image.
===========================================================

Batman: "The Watchtower detected an immense power surge in the Bialyan desert."

Batman's voice speaks. Forming an image of the Dark Knight in Mount Justice, displaying a map to the Team.

Batman: "Spectral Analysis revealed elements non-terrestrial in origin."

Red, Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, and Superboy stand before him.

Batman: "Find out what happened at that site. What landed there?"

He hits his remote again, changing the screen to show Queen Bee.

Batman: "Bialya is a rogue state ruled by Queen Bee and not a member of the League's UN charter. All communications are subject to interception."

The image changes back to the map.

Batman: "Maintain radio silence at all time."

Looking out through binoculars at the Bialyan desert, Batman's voice continues.

Batman: "You will land in Quarac, on Bialya's border,"

The binoculars fall, and the attention is turned again to Miss M, Red, Superboy, and Artemis, who are backed by the bioship, and Superboy is moving the same thing that Robin had a GPS marker on.

Batman: "two clicks from the hot zone."

Robin: "All clear."

Artemis: "The Bialyans control the site."

Artemis' voice speaks up, as she and Robin crawl through the desert to look over a small Bialyan camp.

Mason: "Set up here."

Red's voice tells Superboy, who drops the device he was carrying on his back. The straps disappearing and only needing one button to fully activate the machine.

Robin; "We'll be up and running in no time."

Robin says as he types away at the keyboard on the machine.

KF: "Jackpot!"

Wally says from behind the Boy Wonder, standing up from his slight crouch.

KF: "This site's lousy with Zeta Beam radiation."

The Boy Wonder looks to the speedster.

Robin: "Detecting non-terrestrial trace elements from the tent."

Miss M: "I'll check it out in camouflage mode."

Aqualad: "Good idea, go."

Superboy: "Careful."

Aqualad: "And maintain telepathic contact."

Miss M: "I will Aqualad."
===========================================================

Everyone: "Aqualad!"

All four shout, remembering.

Robin: "Where is he? What happened next?"

Miss M: "I don't know. That's the last thing I- we remember."

She admits, worry coating her voice. Red and Artemis look down at their clasped hands, both of them pulling away.

Mason: "Oh-"

He grumbles, moving his hand to rub the back of his neck, looking up and away as Kid Flash talks.

KF: "We landed 24 hours ago. If Kaldur's been wandering the desert that long, well, that's not good for a guy with gills."

Robin: "Now that I know to look for him..."

Robin grumbles, instantly pulling up his HoloGlove.

Robin: "He's close, but he's not moving."

He informs. Outside the Bialyan tent is twice as many soldiers as before. Inside the tent, a mechanical apparatus holds a large sphere in place. Electricity sparks as the sphere spins in front of the scientists who are taking notes. Off to the right of the sphere, Superboy is held against a metal table and is being subjected to electric shocks as well.

Soldier: "Raise to shock level 4."

One of the men says with a heavy accent. The scientist before the control panel, with an outline of Superboy and three-level readings, types a command onto the keyboard which raises the red, orange, and blue bars. Shocking Superboy once more, he groans and lets out small shouts of protest, but his eyes remain closed and he doesn't fight back strongly.

The sphere starts turning, bringing everyone's attention in the tent to that rather than Superboy. Psimon steps up, his hood up once more, his arms crossed and an almost smug look on his face.

Psimon: "Fascinating."

He muses darkly.

Aqualad: "Tula, vis ol may," (Tula, please,)

It cuts to Aqualad murmuring, his face scrunching up in pain as Red, Robin, KF, Artemis, and Miss M nervously look him over for any physical damage.

Aqualad: "Aga pa, olsey." (I love you.)

Miss M: "I can't restore his memories in this state."

Robin: "He needs immediate rehydration. Call the BioShip."

Miss M: "It's out of range."

Miss M says instantly, then looks to KF.

Miss M: "You can get him there quickly."

KF: "He's too heavy, and I'm too low on fuel."

Kid says almost breathlessly.

KF: "Right now, I couldn't even carry her."

He gestures to Artemis with his thumb. Artemis pushes it away with a scoff, looking at Miss M.

Artemis: "Why not just levitate him back?"

Miss M sets the once-again-unconscious Aqualad back down.

Miss M: "I can't, I have to find Superboy."

She says, standing up, facing down Artemis.

Miss M: "Six months ago he didn't exist, just animal impulse, I'm the only one who can help him."

KF: "Superboy's indestructible, just ask those tanks. It's Aqualad who needs your help- like- now."

M'gann clutches her head as an image of Superboy being electrocuted surfaces.

Miss M: "No! Superboy's in pain."

She takes off with nothing else on her mind.

Artemis: "M'gann wait!"

Mason: "We still don't know what erased our memories! It could happen again!"

Miss Martian flies off, not even listening. Though she does turn on her camouflage herself before she reaches the crest of the hill that is the last thing she remembers. Barely even slowing she flies to the door flaps of the tent.

Pulling the right flap open slightly she can hear some whir and buzz, seeing the source to be the sphere that is now spinning slowly. She hears some grunting that takes her attention, seeing Superboy being electrocuted.

The scientists before Superboy continue to take down notes, his eyes going wide as he notices the small ripple from M'gann's camouflaged form. She reaches down and pulls him forward, going behind the second scientist's shoulder and using her telekinesis to push him away from the control panel. Turning off the power.

Psimon: "Well, someone's certainly a glutton for punishment."

Psimon chuckles. He pulls his hood down, revealing the rest of his clear skull and brain.

Psimon: "Psimon says... forget."

M'gann groans as the whiteness suddenly become a hodgepodge scenery. M'gann looks around taking in the different parts of Mount Justice that are all strewn about.

Psimon: "That's it."

His voice comes from a white flare off to M'gann left.

Psimon: "Forget like before."

He lets a small chuckle through as M'gann has to turn away from the flare.

Miss M: "Before..."
==========================================================

Cut to M'gann pulls open the tent flap.

Miss M: "I'm in."

Mason: "Good,"

Red's voice comes through the telepathic link.

Mason: "but tread carefully. Camouflage is not invisible."

M'gann sees the scientists grouped around the sphere as electricity sparks and the machine whirs.

Miss M: "They're testing something, but it's alive. In pain. Hello? Can you hear me?"

Psimon: "I can."

Psimon chuckles darkly, causing M'gann's attention to try and find its source.

Psimon: "And an open mind is a dangerous thing."

Miss M: "Someone's hacked into our link!"

M'gann shouts to the Team just as her eyes settle on Psimon.

Psimon: "Psimon can't see you."

The madman still sounds smug.

Psimon: "Psimon can't touch you."

He pulls down his hood.

Psimon: "But Psimon can make you all FORGET!"

As his eyes meet M'gann's. The Team hears a loud ring, causing all of them to clutch their heads and scream. As soon as it starts it's done, and they all wander off in separate directions. Except for Superboy who jumps high with a yell.
==========================================================

M'gann looks around, coming to her senses, but confused. Watching as the whiteness covers Mount Justice does she realize what's happening.

Miss M: "No."

She turns, sending out mental waves that cause the whiteness to retreat.

Miss M: "I won't let it happen again."

The whiteness fully retreats becoming a large image of Psimon's head.

Psimon: "Not really your call little girl."

The image's mouth doesn't move but his voice is real. There's a black and red light that hits M'gann head-on. Causing her to yell out in pain as she crashes to the ground. Red, Kid and Artemis drag Aqualad on a stretcher, with Robin leading the way. A map and GPS tracking system showing on his HoloGlove.

The four of them hear the Bialyan Jeeps before they see them. Robin instinctually turns his head towards the source, slowing down and pointing to a rock formation before them.

Robin: "Quick, over there."

Red, Kid and Artemis take off after the Boy Wonder. All four of them making it to the hiding place just as the Bialyan troops drive past. Aqualad groans but remains unconscious.

Aqualad: "Tula, dena me ta etah en Atlantis ih ba ohse." (Tula, we can still be together in Atlantis.)

Red and Kid turns their attention away from Aqualad, as Robin moves closer to the edge of their hiding place, and Artemis presses her hand against his forehead. She shushes him quietly.

Artemis: "Kaldur, quiet now."

Robin sees a group of five Bialyan soldiers, all of them armed, walking past where they're hiding. Dropping back down to Red, Kid, Artemis, and Aqualad; the Boy Wonder huffs.

Robin: "We can't risk a firefight with Aqualad KO'd like this."

Wally groans, agreeing.

KF: "It's not just him. I'm way out of juice."

He rubs the back of his neck looking to Red and Artemis, hopefully.

Mason: "I'm out of batarangs. And just like that I broke rule 3 of Batman's training."

Artemis: "And I'm almost out of arrows."

She pulls on her mostly empty quiver to prove her point. Only then do the three of them notice that Robin is missing.

KF: "Ugh, I forgot how much I hate it when he does the ninja-thing."

Mason: "Try living with him."

Wally groans while Red looks to Artemis knowing the Boy Wonder can handle it.

Mason: "Hey, you never said why your dad to..."

He runs his thumb across his neck, making a bad sound effect.

Mason: "...me."

"I got confused by- um- some old movie I saw the other night..."

She Artemis turns her back towards the Robin.

Artemis: "about a ninja girl whose ninja dad ordered her to kill her ninja boyfriend 'cuz he was from a rival ninja clan."

KF: "So, Red's your "ninja boyfriend" huh? Makes sense since Red's mom is Lady-"

Kid teases but was cut off by Red elbowing his ribs while glaring. Artemis' eyes go wide before she composes herself and turns back to him.

Artemis: "Hey, amnesia, remember?"

She glares at him harshly as she nearly snaps at him.

Artemis: "I completely forgot how truly annoying you are. And don't think I forgot about what happened before we came to the Cave, Red."

Mason: "Wait. So it's my fault? You're the one who vanished on me!"

KF: "What did you two do before the mission?!"

Artemis/Mason: "None of your business Simp Flash!"

Robin: "Yeesh! Get a room!"

Robin suddenly speaks, catching three of them off-guard.

KF: "Dude, where were you?"

The Boy Wonder smirks.

Robin: "Breaking radio silence."

Robin's laugh comes from in front of the Bialyan soldiers and they take off after the sound. As the Bialyans come to the source of the sound they hear devices begin to beep. Before them, slightly hidden by a small rock, are three of Robin's disks. The blinking and laughing speed up just before... Robin stays kneeling beside Aqualad, while Artemis and Kid are in front. As the disks creating smoke bombs Robin turns to the other three.

Robin: "That's our cue. Move!"

They waste no time doing exactly that. Meanwhile Miss M struggles to keep her shield up against Psimon's seemingly relentless attack.

Psimon: "You have potential, but you're too raw, too untrained."

He taunts as his energy beam stops, though M'gann leaves her barrier up. The giant head opens its mouth to reveal Psimon's actual form.

Psimon: "And not at all in my league."

He emphasizes it with a brutal hit that completely destroys her shield. In the tent, M'gann is still camouflaged and Psimon's form remains completely frozen. Superboy remains unconscious, lab techs looking for him. One being so bold as to step before Psimon's form and wave a hand before him.

Scientist: "Uh. Mr. Psimon are you alright?"

Something shifts in M'gann as the unseen battle rages on, but everything in the tent starts to levitate. The scientists look about stunned, and in the surprise, they miss seeing Superboy regain consciousness.

He looks around, confused, but as he looks to his right, he sees a slight dissonance in some of the items rising. His vision shifts to infrared, revealing M'gann's form to him, he follows her line of sight- as best he can since she's wearing a hood- seeing three forms. His vision returns to standard, and he sees only one person facing her. Psimon. He growls at the sight, his heart rate rising.

The sphere beside him begins to whir, surprising the scientists enough for them to instinctually jump back. It continues to move faster, breaking out of the clamps. The scientists dodge the sphere as best they can. It crashes directly into the control panel.

As soon as Superboy feels the loss of the restraints he jumps at Psimon. Nearly making contact with the man's head but instead hitting a red and black barrier mere centimeters short of his target.

The backlash sends him sliding through the sand. Even though she's not visible he can see the discontinuities that are M'gann's camouflage. He reaches one hand out to her slowly. In an instant, he's standing, or rather floating beside M'gann. She looks at him stunned but relieved.

Miss M: "You're here!"

Psimon laughs at her.

Psimon: "You sound so relieved. Is that mindless creature supposed to save your mind?"

M'gann grabs Superboy's head instantly, much to his confusion, but brings her forehead to his.

Miss M: "No. I save his."
==========================================================

Dubbilex appears before Superboy, his horns glowing red. Dr. Desmond's mutated form jumps in front of the Cadmus signage on the first floor of the lab. A white creature stands alone at the mouth of a cave, cringing away. Genomorphs break out of their cases along the hallways of Sub-Level 52. A G-gnome sits on a table, its owner out of sight, but its horns glow red. The G-gnomes over Superboy's head in his pod glow as well. Just as his eyes snap open.

XX

Aqualad: "We are trying to help you."

Aqualad's voice speaks. Superboy helps Red and Robin back to their feet, Aqualad is on his left and helps Kid Flash to his feet.

XX

Miss M: "I was just trying to be part of a Team."

M'gann's voice says. She nods, looking to the others. In the warehouse of Happy Harbor, she, Aqualad, and Superboy charge past Robin.

XX

Superboy: "You did alright."

Superboy tells M'gann as she blushes and looks away. Dr. Desmond turns his head. Blockbuster stands tall, raising his arms. Amazo's head turns from an unnatural position back to normal.

XX

Superboy: "Get on board or get out of the way."

Superboy stands in his ripped SolarSuit, backed by the moon. He, Red Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Robin all stand defiantly before the Justice League.

XX

Mason: "Hey, Superboy, come meet Miss M."

Red calls out, catching his attention. Miss Martian smiles as she looks to Superboy.

Miss M: "Hello Megan!"

A woman who looks a lot like M'gann says, hitting her head with the heel of her hand, dressed in a high school cheerleader uniform. Students laugh in the background. She looks right at him and smiles.

XX

Superman: "We'll, uh, figure something out for you. The League will, I mean."

M'gann hugs her uncle inside the Cave. Superboy turns away, a slightly angry look on his face. Superman stands before him. Superman flies off in front of Superboy surrounded by CADMUS rubble.

XX

Superman: "Duty calls."

Superman stands before Superboy on the bridge before flying off. Superboy blocks the laser, the cyborg-headset, close to the man's head, sending him into a truck. M'gann rips apart Mister Twister. Superboy smiles, looking up. Bane falls.

XX

Batman: "The Watchtower detected an immense power surge in the Bialyan desert."

Batman speaks, displaying a map. The Team sits in the BioShip, suited up.

XX

Psimon: "Forget."

Psimon says, pulling his hood down. The entire Team clutches their heads, screaming.

XX

Superboy jumps with a yell, at M'gann. He fights against the Biyalan soldiers who hold the ropes tied around his wrists. He struggles against the shocks.

XX

M'gann fights against Psimon, mentally. Psimon's physical form remains.

XX

Miss M: "So sorry, should've paid more attention. It was too much at once, too much."

As she attempts to wipe all the ingredients off of Superboy.

Miss M: "Hello, Megan,"

She slows as she reaches near his face again.

Miss M: "that's so me. I..."

Her hand stops right on his cheek, both of them making eye contact.
==========================================================

M'gann looks into Superboy's eyes as she releases her hold on him. He stands strong on his own, then smiles at her.

Superboy: "Kick his butt."

He says, the smirk not on his face is clear in his tone.

Psimon: "By all means."

Psimon taunts as Superboy disappears and she gives him her full attention.

Psimon: "Kick my psychic butt."

As Superboy finds himself in the tent once more, he instantly turns to see Biyalan soldiers entering the tent. Behind him, the sphere follows his head motions. Just as the two enter the tent, the sphere hits them to the side. Beeping to Superboy. Superboy raises an eyebrow.

Superboy: "Uhh, thanks."

He mutters, unsure what it said or if it can even understand him. One soldier charges in, shooting at the sphere. As he chases it away from the door four more enter. Superboy glances back at M'gann before charging at them with a yell.

Cut back to Miss Martian throws mental disks at Psimon, who has a red and black sphere protecting him from her attacks. His sphere disappears as the glow covers his body and he fires at Miss Martian.

She quickly forms her own protective bubble. Four points branching out and aiming for one of Psimon's limbs. He's forced to abandon his attack to protect himself. As the branches disappear, he pulls his shield back, only able to stare as M'gann delivers a punch right to his nose.

Psimon is sent flying but grows in size, using his mind laser once more. M'gann avoids the attack by splitting herself in two. Until she completely surrounds him. Each one fires their own mind laser at him.

He yells out in pain, before curling up and turning into gale-force that knocks them all away. M'gann's true self raises a shield, as her others fade away. Psimon still stands taller than she, white filling the area as he lifts his arms. Another dark mind-laser firing down at her and knocking her back.

Behind Superboy, the two telepaths haven't moved an inch despite their fight. Superboy charges in with an elbow that knocks one Biyalan soldier back, more already unconscious. Before he turns his sights on the last and takes him out with a solid punch.

He looks to the two telepaths as a tornado breaks out, sweeping up soldiers, scientists, the sphere, and the tent. He jumps through the winds, landing in the center. Seeing that still, the two haven't moved. He reaches out for Miss Martian's hand.

Superboy: "M'gann!"

He calls out just as he holds tight. M'gann looks at him, shocked to see him in her mind once more. Though they're both trapped in her bubble and Psimon's mind laser won't let up.

Miss M: "He's too strong."

She strains to speak and keep the barrier up.

Superboy: "You're strong, and I'm stubborn. Together!"

Superboy tells her, lifting their clasped hands to prove his point.

Miss M: "Together."

She agrees, both of them turn their attention to Psimon. Just as everything around them goes white. Psimon looks stunned.

Miss M: "Get... out... of my head!"

M'gann shouts, her and Superboy's combined power is enough to shoot straight through his laser and take him out. Something inside the man shatters as he screams out in agony. In the real world, he stumbles, getting caught in the winds that sweep him up instantly. The wind lifts up the entire tent and blows it away. M'gann's eyes lose their green glow before she falls limply into Superboy's arms.

He looks around, watching as the tornado explodes and everything begins to fall back down. He looks down at her, watching as she slowly comes to. She returns the smile and they both slowly lean in- until they hear a machine whirring. The sphere stops them, beeping. Superboy looks down at M'gann, smiling.

Superboy: "Can I keep it?"
==========================================================

Quarac; September 5th; 2:32 EEST
-

Aqualad has an IV in as he lays down in the BioShip. Artemis comes over to bring a wet cloth to his head she notices Red watching over his friend and smiles.

Miss M: "Hey everybody, I've got Superboy."

M'gann's voice calls out of the link.

Artemis stops what she's doing and looks around while Wally looks up utterly stunned. She flies low to the desert, holding Superboy beside her.

Miss M: "He's back to normal, we're on our way."

Aqualad jolts up, panting, looking to Red and Artemis with wide eyes.

Aqualad: "Who are you?"

He questions, though not putting up much of a fight as Red and Artemis pushes his shoulders back down.

Aqualad: "And how did you get inside my head?"

Mason: "Easy Kal."

Miss M: "Hello, Megan."

The Martian continues, bumping her head.

Miss M: "Aqualad's memories. I knew I forgot something."

KF: "Aw man, me too, didn't get a souvenir for the mission."

Completely ignoring how Red, Artemis and Kaldur turn to look at him in varying levels of annoyed.

Miss M: "Don't worry, got the souvenir thing covered."

Miss Martian assures. Looking down as the Sphere follows the two of them back. We cut to Psimon stands before the Light.

Psimon: "The Martian girl escaped with both the Sphere and the Superboy."

???: "That hardly matters."

A woman's voice assures.

???: "What matters is the successful test of our new partner's delivery system."

The screen behind Psimon comes to life, showing a Boom Tube opening up and the Sphere coming through.

???: "More tech will come, tech that will put the sphere, and perhaps even Superboy, to shame."

Psimon smiles.
.
.
.
.
.

===========================================================
Do y'all like the little Elseworld clips?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4K 31
An Alternate Universe where Superman had a daughter when was 21. Now she is a teenager who always wanted a brother, and won't let superman ignore sup...
25.4K 694 15
The Young Justice team is give a mission by Batman to go on an undercover mission at Gotham Academy. Their mission is simple. They have to figure out...
270K 9.1K 18
The Young Justice squad is assigned to protect Bruce Wayne's three sons from the horrors of Gotham while he is away on business.
337K 10.8K 82
[COMPLETE] A basic Highschool AU about the Young Justice Team. Except for the fact that the only superheroes are in their imaginations and good old...