Young Justice: Nomad

By TheCayde

Follow the lives of teenage superheroes and sidekicks, namely Red Robin, Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Superboy... More

Bio
Independence Day
Fireworks
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
Bereft
Targets
Homefront
Alpha Male
Revelation
Humanity
Failsafe
Disordered
Secrets
Cold-front
Misplaced
Confession
Cold-Hearted
Agendas
Bloodline
Framed
Argus
Usual Suspects
S1 Finale: Auld Acquaintance
S2: Bio
Incorrect Quotes
S2: Happy New Year
S2: Effed Around and Found Out

Drop Zone

770 24 7
By TheCayde

Santa Prisca; July 19th, 00:43 ECT
-

The alarms blare in a warehouse, complete with red bubbling fluid in every tank. The source of the alarm is a group of intruders is Bane and two other men. Surrounded by guards on the ground and guards on the catwalks cocking their rifles.

Kobra agent: "Nuestro Maestro sublime proclama que él saldrá de esta instalación... si... uno de ustedes derrota a su campeón en combate singular." (Our sublime Master proclaims he will depart this facility... if... one of you defeats his champion in single combat.)

Bane pushes aside the foot soldiers that came with him, walking to the gated door with pride. A buzzer goes off and Bane holds the door.

Bane: "Solo que se interesante." (Just make it interesting.)

Then he shoves the door open and walks in. The soldier smirks as the door shuts behind Bane. Inside Bane sees that there are many more soldiers on the interlocking catwalks, all of them armed with rifles.

A buzzer goes off, drawing the bodybuilder's attention to the door on the other side of the arena. Where two people stand. Both of them blonde-brunettes with black pants and boots, and blue tank tops that cut off to expose their stomachs. Only the male walks through, but he's thin which gets Bane's attention, albeit with confusion.

Behind Bane, a black gauntlet with red tubes on it, attached to a long clear tube falls to the floor. He picks it up, confused.

Bane: "¿Me devuelto mi mayor arma? Cuál es el truco?" (You give me back my greatest weapon? What's the catch?)

Soldier: "Ningún truco. No sería una prueba de la destreza de su campeón si no estuviera en su mejor." the soldier says. (No catch. It would hardly be a test of his champion's prowess if you were not at your best.)

Bane attaches the gauntlet.

Bane: "¿Quieres mi mejor?" (You want my best?)

He activates the venom feed as he connects to the back of his head. His pupils dilating as he grunts the Venom flowing through his body. As it finishes, he's panting and turning towards his opponent.

Bane: "Lo conseguiste." (You got it.)

He cracks his neck. His opponent hasn't moved, though the girl behind him steps up with a needle gun filled with a purple serum which she injects into his shoulder. The effect is immediate, his eyes shrink to pinpricks as his hair stands nearly on end. He stumbles forward, his head held in his hands as he falls to his knees. His shoulder grows massively, ripping his shirt. Bane watches closer.

The choker around his neck rips off as he grows fangs, and his body grows to match his arm's size. His skin turns green-grey with red slashes. The girl closes the door. Panting, he gets off his knees, and charges at Bane with a roar. The downward punch is caught, Bane slides a foot or so back, but doesn't fall. Returning the feat with a solid uppercut to his opponent's jaw. The cross Bane throws to his chest does nothing, and he smirks down at Bane.

Grabbing the back of his neck in his hand before uppercutting him in the stomach hard enough to knock the wind out of him. Then following up with another uppercut and a cross to Bane's face before he can fully fall back Bane is grabbed by his wrist and thrown into the wall. Landing on all fours and his head on his arm.

Leaving no room to react, Bane is hit again as he stands, denting the pipe behind him shut and increasing the pressure in the pipe exponentially. Steam envelopes the two as Bane is grabbed by the back of his neck again and thrown out of the steam.

His opponent jumping after him, nailing Bane in the face hard enough to create a Bane-sized crater under him. The power of the strike brings some people to stop, even one looks away. Bane groans, then falling unconscious.

Soldier: "Hail Kobra. Hail Kobra."

Everyone: "Hail Kobra. Hail Kobra. Hail Kobra. Hail Kobra. Hail Kobra. Hail Kobra."

Above them Kobra stands arms crossed and pleased. Outside the facility are even more Kobra followers, guarding the entire island.
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

Caribbean Sea; July 22nd, 20:08 ECT
-

The Team is in the BioShip and en-route to their first official mission.

"We're approaching Santa Prisca." Miss Martian tells them.

Robin is thinking back on the debrief.

Batman: "Isla Santa Prisca."

Batman says, showing the Team the map of the island, all stand watching, but Kid Flash is also eating chips.

Batman: "This island nation is the primary source of a dangerous and illegal neuro-steroid, a strength-enhancing drug sold under the street name Venom."

The display changes to show the shots of the warehouse.

Batman: "The infrared heat signatures indicate that their factory is operating at full capacity, but all shipments of Venom have inexplicably cut off. That's where this Team comes in. This is a covert recon mission only. Observe and report. If the Justice League needs to intervene, it will."

Once again, the profile changes back to the island map.

Batman: "The plan requires two drop zones."

He said as the drop zones appear on the map.

Mason: "So, who's in charge?"

Red asks getting Batman and Red Tornado to whip around and face the 2nd Boy Wonder before exchanging glances.

Batman: "Work that out between you."

Batman commands, Robin nods a smile forming on his face. Which is still there as he refocuses.

Miss M: "Drop Zone A in 30."

Miss Martian announces, startling the thirteen-year-old and getting him to look back at her, and Aqualad. Who stands as the straps remove themselves. Even his chair disappears as he stands up. He hits his symbol, and his suit turns from navy blue and red with black accents to dark grey and black accents.

Aqualad: "Ready."

He says, looking to Miss Martian.

Miss M: "Putting BioShip in Camouflage Mode."

She says as they come within eyesight of the island. Over the water a hole in the base of the BioShip forms, Aqualad dropping out and diving into the water below.

Under the water, he avoids sunken mines and slices through a rope net with his WaterBearer that turns into a sword. He jumps out of the water and onto the raining beach, just out of sight of the cameras. Placing a silver and red disruptor on top of it.

Aqualad: "Heat and motion sensors are patched. Data is now on a continuous loop. Move in."

He tells the team through his comm. Above him, the Bioship's outline is barely noticeable.

Miss M: "Drop Zone B."

Miss Martian says as they stop over a break in the canopy. All the remaining members stand as their straps and chairs fade into the ship's floor. Miss Martian raises a hand and lines fall from the ceiling which Red, Robin and Kid Flash don't hesitate to attach to.

Once attached, Kid Flash raises his hand to his lightning bolt emblem. The white turning light grey as the yellow turns to a darker grey and his goggles turn almost black, his red accents remaining as he looks it over with a smile.

KF: "How cool is this?"

He asks, turning towards Miss Martian.

Miss M: "Very impressive."

Miss Martian says, before her own clothes change, her blue boots and skirt become a skin-tight full-body suit, all black and accented with the same red X and edging like on Martian Manhunter. Only her cape remains blue.

KF: "Uh, that works too."

He admits, stunned, then turns towards Superboy who kept the black t-shirt with the Superman S on it, black pants, and boots.

KF: "Hey, Supey, not too late to put on the new stealth tech."

Superboy: "No capes, no tights. No offense."

He says crossing his arms.

Superboy: "It totally works for you."

Superboy glances over at her, and she stands up straighter and stops leaning her head on her hand.

Miss M: "In that, you can totally do good work in those clothes."

She covers, badly. Superboy looks away, and Miss Martian brings her hood over her head and disappears from sight before dropping out of the ship. She, Kid Flash, Red and Robin hit with small thuds. Realizing Superboy's not beside them, they glance up and yelp before diving to the side.  Just narrowly avoid Superboy as he hits the ground hard enough to create a boom and a two-foot-deep crater.

Superboy: "Knew I didn't need a line."

Robin : "And yet, creating a seismic event may not have helped us much with the "covert"."

He grumbles as he and Red stands up from the base of the tree they threw themselves into. Kid Flash comes out of the forest from the other direction and Miss Martian comes back down to the ground.

Mason: "AQ, Drop B is a go."

Cut to Aqualad climbs a cliff with ease.

Aqualad: "Head to the factory. I'll track your GPS and meet you ASAP."

Robin: "Roger that."

Robin says, looking down at his HoloGlove which has a map of the island, as Red, Superboy and Miss Martian stand at their full height and look over his head on his right and Kid Flash is crouched over his left shoulder.

Then all five take off to the factory. Passing through the forest, under a waterfall, before ending up back in the forest. Back in trappable terrain, Robin pulls up his HoloGlove which shows off mines that have been set around them, then the safest and straightest path to the factory.

There's rustling in the forest, but a snap of a twig catches Superboy's full attention and stops him short.

Superboy: "Did you hear that?"

KF: "Uh, no... Wait."

Clearly he realized how rude that was.

KF: "Is this a Super-Hearing thing?"

Miss M: "You do have great ears."

Miss Martian comments. Neither boy comments.

KF: "Okay, Rob, now what?"

Kid Flash asks, but Robin is once again gone as Red groaned in annoyance.

KF: "Man, I hate it when he does that."

Mason: "You and me both. Superboy, Kid, switch to infrared, see if we're being tracked."

Kid Flash smirks and drops his goggles down over his eyes. Immediately picking up on heat signatures further down the trail.

KF: "Got a squad of armed bozos incoming."

The four, run further forward, but only because they can duck behind a rock and fallen tree to avoid being seen. Superboy looks in the opposite direction of Kid Flash.

Superboy: "Two squads."

He corrects. Then expands his focus.

Superboy: "But they'll meet each other before they find us."

Gunfire commences. Clearly, they aren't on the same side, which is good news for the Team.

KF: "No Super-Hearing required now."

Mason: "Swing wide, steer clear."

He commands as Kid steps forward to be next to Superboy.

KF: "Yeah- yeah, just as soon as I find Rob."

Kid tells him, then vaults over the tree, running down the trail. The trail is wet, and he loses his footing, falling down the hill and right into the firefight. As he falls, he looks up to find a surprised Bane to confirm that he's seeing things right; he even lifts his goggles off his eyes.

KF: "So much for the stealthy."

Bane's surprise only lasts a moment before he starts firing rapidly at Kid Flash, running away doesn't help him much as it gains the attention of the Kobra soldiers as well. Superboy charges ahead, taking Bane's blind spot and tackling him to the ground.

Or at least attempting to, Bane gets himself over the teen and slams him into the soft ground. He goes for a wrist-lock on his captive right arm but finds Superboy overpowering him. Grabbing his shirt and throwing him into a tree. Kid Flash continues to evade the bullets, and two of the men see a shadow pass over them, looking up Robin drops right on top of one of them.

Robin: "What is wrong with you guys?"

Mason: "What's wrong with us?"

He questions back, uppercutting the other and following up with a side-kick to get his bubble back.

Robin: "Remember covert? Why didn't you follow my lead, vanish into the jungle?"

Kid Flash hits another assailant, backing him up into the clearing.

KF: "That's what you were doing?"

Hitting him with a front kick to the chin then completing a full flip before landing on the ground again.

KF: "Way to fill us in. We're mind readers you know."

Miss Martian throws another two assailants into the tree behind him telekinetically.

KF: "Er, I'm not anyway."

He corrects as she drops to the ground.

Miss M: "You told me I could only read the bad guys' minds."

Red's attention turns, hearing one run away. He pulls out a disk to throw at him, but instead, the Kobra soldier is stopped short by Aqualad dropping right in front of him. Not sure what to do as the Atlantean places his hand on his chest, and his tattoos glow before he zaps him right in the chest. Stepping on the communicator that fell out of his hand, which crunches under his barefoot.

Mason: "I recognize those uniforms."

Red says, looking at most of the assailants that all now tied to the trees.

Mason: "They belong to the Cult of The Kobra."

Aqualad: "I am certain Batman would have mentioned it if he knew a dangerous extremist was running Santa Prisca's Venom operation."

He tells the Red Robin as they both look at Robin, not letting him leave their sights in fear that he will disappear again.

Mason: "Agreed."

Robin: "And since there's no love lost between the cultists and those goons,"

He puts his hand on his chin as it all suddenly becomes clear.

Robin: "I'm betting they came in and tossed them out. That's why normal supply lines have been cut off."

KF: "We get it. Kobra wanted super cultists. Radio Bats and we'll be home in time for-"

Robin: "These cultists aren't on Venom."

He said cutting him off.

Robin: "Kobra's hoarding the stuff. We don't leave. Not until I know why."

KF: "Until you know why?"

Kid Flash questions, leaning forward to get right in front of the boy's mask covered eyes.

Robin: "This team needs a leader."

Robin says strongly, standing up straighter.

KF: "And it's you?!"

Kid Flash questions, annoyance clear as he steps into Robin's personal space.

KF: "Dude, you're a thirteen-year-old kid who ducked out on us without a word. Least your brother stuck around."

Robin laughs for a few seconds.

Robin: "And you're a mature fifteen? You blew our cover first chance you got."

To the side, Miss Martian and Superboy can only look on in silence. Until Miss M speaks up.

Miss M: "Don't you want to lead?"

The Kryptonian shakes his head and scoffs, then turns to look at Miss M out of the corner of his eye.

Superboy: "You?"

Miss M nearly leans back and puts her hand up as if to shove the idea away from her physically.

Miss M: "After the Mister Twister fiasco?"

Superboy smiles, looking at her directly.

Superboy: "You did alright."

Miss M's cheeks turn bright red as she looks away and tucks her hair behind her ear. However, Superboy doesn't notice as he hears someone come to behind him. His super-hearing picks up on the Spanish with ease. It's one of Bane's lackeys.

Bane Goon: "Míralos, argumenten. Liberarte y asumirlos mientras están distraídos." (Look at them argue. Free yourselves and take them while they're distracted.)

Bane: "Callade! Por el momento lo llamaré. Y entonces me darán lo que necesito." (Quiet! For now, I'll call {play along}. They'll give me what I need.)

Bane hisses at the other man tied to the tree. Superboy smirks, understanding every word and whistles Red over, once Red was right in front of him Superboy then whispers what he heard as the two ravens smirk knowing just how to play Bane at his own game. Though they're both mildly distracted when Kid Flash shouts again.

KF: "Yeah? You don't even have SuperPowers!"

They both see Kid Flash go to walk away from the conversation, but the Boy Wonder follows close behind.

Robin: "Neither does Batman!"

Kid Flash stops

KF: "Duh, you're not Batman."

Robin: "Chuh, closest thing we've got."

Robin retorts, he jabs his thumb at himself to prove his point.

KF: "As if! Red is the closest thing to Batman!"

As Bane finally gives his consciousness away to the two teens, both boys snap their heads in his direction. Kid Flash is still annoyed, but Robin's eyes go wide.

Bane: "Such clever niños. But you only know half the story."

Bane baits them. The whole Team now steps in so they can see Bane.

Bane: "Let me show you the rest, get you into the factory via my secret entrance."

Miss Martian steps up.

Miss M: "There is a secret entrance"

Then she kneels down and places her hand on her temple to further concentrate.

Miss M: "But he's also hiding something."

Her tone goes sour and her eyes glow white.

Bane: "Ah, ah, ah chica. Bane is not that easy."

Miss Martian's eyes still glow but she loses her intensity. "Ohh."

She groans, pulling out of his mind.

Miss M: "He's mentally reciting fútbol scores en Español."

She looks over her shoulder at the boys.

Miss M: "This could take a while."

Bane speaks up before anyone else does.

Bane: "It's not complicated. The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Behind Miss M, the boys exchange a look, then eventually nod. In the factory, they are still creating Venom.

Soldier: "Sublime Master, he approaches."

One of the soldiers says as Kobra comes to a stop beside him.

Kobra: "Activate the radio-jamming net. Nothing must interfere."

The soldier nods, bows, and leaves. On top of a cliff, the Team and Bane can see the factory clearly. Bane stops about three feet from the edge, pointing. Both Robin and Kid Flash both step up to get a closer look. Kid with his goggles, Robin with a pair of binoculars. What he sees is a forklift and containers by a helipad.

Robin: "Look at all that product. A buy is going down."

Bane walks away, but the Team remains.

Mason: "But if Kobra's not selling to the usual suspects, then-"

Aqualad: "We need to identify that buyer."

KF: "Just what I was thinking."

Kid Flash agrees, lifting his goggles as he stands up straighter.

Robin: "Yeah. You're the thinker."

Robin says with a smirk as he stands up.

KF: "Sarcasm? Dude. A real leader would focus on getting answers."

Mason: "Stow it both of you. Bane, Qué estás haciendo?"

All four are observing Bane as he lifts a giant rock away from the entrance to an old mine. The only point of his efforts is a few grunts. While Miss M and Superboy exchange a slight look of confusion.

Bane: "Answers are this way."

Bane says simply, gesturing down the mine tunnel. All six teens join him to look down the tunnel. Bane says nothing as he heads towards the tunnel.

KF: "So. Now el Luchador is our leader."

Kid Flash comments angrily and slightly sarcastic. Robin stalks past him, using the back of his hand to smack Kid Flash's cheek. Kid turns to Superboy, M'gann, Red and Aqualad with a shrug.

The Team and Bane walk down the mine until they come to a metal door, which Bane uses his fingerprint to unlock. Which leads them right to a door on the factory floor.

Bane props the door open slightly, giving Robin just enough room to get a full look around the- now confirmed to be- empty floor.

Bane: "All clear."

He vocalizes before running out of the doorway. The others follow but, once they get to another hidden location Robin is nowhere in sight.

Bane: "Has that little fool already been captured?"

Bane questions, annoyance at the possibility of their infiltration being compromised rising.

Mason: "No."

Aqualad: "He just does that."

Mason: "I'm gonna strangle that twerp."

Kid Flash slides his goggles over his eyes with ease.

KF: "Stay put. I'll get our intel and be back before Boy Wonder."

By the time he finishes the sentence he's already running. Aqualad reaches out as he sees Kid Flash's movement but doesn't get hold.

Aqualad: "Wait, Kid!"

Bane watches as the grey and red streak disappears, looking to Red and Aqualad with a smug smile.

Bane: "Great chain of command."

He continues his jabs at Aqualad and Red with the sarcasm and the continued smugness in those four simple words. The four remaining teens share a look. While over their heads Robin runs across the catwalk and up the stairs to the command center.

Inside the command center, a Kobra agent is working on the computers. There's a small swish before a Batarang hits the computer console beside him, causing it to spark.

As he turns to look, green gas is released from the Batarang. The agent coughs then passes out. Robin holds no qualms as he grabs the back of his cloak and drops his upper body to the ground with a thud. Then taking the chair and sitting down at the computer. Cut back to Red, Aqualad, Miss Martian, and Superboy are all crouched behind an unused assembly line, while Bane hides in the shadows of a crate stack.

Aqualad: "It's a massive shipment."

Mason: "Yeah, but they're only taking new product off the line."

Superboy: "They're not touching this Venom."

As a forklift drives away, they turn towards each other.

Miss M: "Maybe freshness counts?"

Miss Martian offers, unsure, but figuring a one-off guess is better than nothing. Superboy's focus changes as he looks in the opposite direction they just were.

Superboy: "Helicopter's coming."

He says, out of instinct the other three follow his gaze. Bane's eyes narrow as all five look out the small skylight. It takes a few moments, but then they start to be able to hear the helicopter's blades as it approaches. Cut to a computer Robin's on is beeping away as he runs over the chemical formula for the agent. Listing off HB2Ca4, Cs2Ho4, PH4Mo8, and Ca1Hg6. Kid Flash zooms in, skidding to a stop and taking a bite out of something, then proceeding to talk with food in his mouth.

KF: "What you got?"

Robin: "Chemical formulas."

Robin says, hunching a little closer to the keyboard as if that would help him work faster. Ever the science nerd Kid Flash joins him at the computer.

Robin: "I'm guessing it involves Venom, but..."

He trails unsure, but also not even pausing as Kid Flash takes another loud bite out of the bar in his hand.

KF: "This one's Venom,"

Kid Flash says, as if he's talking to a three-year-old and using his bar to point at the screen. As the screen shows another compound he continues.

KF: "This one's-"

He cuts himself off.

KF: "Whoa. The Blockbuster formula from Cadmus."

They watch as the two begin to merge on screen.

KF: "Mixed correctly, Kobra's new juice is three times stronger than Venom... and permanent."

He realizes horrified. Then turns to Robin.

KF: "But how did Kobra get access to Project Blockbuster?"

Robin: "Our mystery buyer must also be Kobra's supplier! Using the cult to create the Blockbuster-Venom superformula."

He stands up, his hand going to his ear.

Robin: "Robin to Red Robin and Aqualad we got-"

Kid Flash turns away from the computer as he hears Robin stop.

Robin: "... static."

From out of the helicopter's opening doors the shadows clear, revealing a buff white man with blonde hair. In a black-on-black outfit and his facial features covered by a grey hockey mask. As he walks between two lines of the cult his matching forearm and shoulder-upper arm guards show.

???: "Lord Kobra."

Kobra: "Sportsmaster."

He returns, as the girl from before steps up.

Kobra: "The shipment is ready."

She opens the box to reveal the blue vials. Sportsmaster takes one, holding it up to look at it.

Sportsmaster: "The new Kobra-Venom?"

Kobra: "A complete success. Our friends will not be disappointed."

Sportsmaster: "This is a game-changer."

He proudly states, flipping the vial to catch it in his fist.

Sportsmaster: "Finally, we can go mano-a-mano with the Justice League."

Above them, Miss Martian uses her camouflage.

Miss M: "Red Robin, Aqualad, sending you both a telepathic image of the buyer now."

Even though she is basically invisible her eyes begin to glow. In the factory, on a catwalk. Bane and Superboy keep watch while Red Aqualad has their eyes closed to see Miss M's telepathic image.

Mason: "Sportsmaster?"

Both boys open their eyes.

Aqualad: "He is the buyer?"

He questions, both looking to Superboy shocked. Then Red brings his hand up to his ear.

Mason: "Red Robin to Red Tornado. Do you read?"

He gets the same results as Robin. He huffs in annoyance.

Mason: "Dammit. Can't reach the League, Robin, or Kid. Comm's jammed. We need a plan now."

Bane is all too pleased with his opening.

Bane: "I have a suggestion."

He then jumps over the rail with a battle cry. Two Kobra agents look to the source, shocked to see Bane. He lands just before them, shoving one to the side with ease and pushing the other's arm to ensure his aim is only to the ceiling while the three boys watch.

Mason: "Out of all the villains in Batman's Rogue Gallery, he is the second to one most annoying villain to face."

Superboy: "Who's number 1?"

Mason: "Edward Nigma."

Superboy: "Who's-"

From outside they hear the gunshots.

Aqualad: "What is he-"

Aqualad begins, only to be cut off by Blockbuster's battle cry and he charges at the window behind them. Shattering it and taking down the catwalk. Both boys land away from the rubble, but so does Blockbuster. Who roars to catch everyone's full attention.

Kobra: "Destroy them."

Kobra commands. In an instant Blockbuster charges at the four infiltrators. Superboy meets him halfway, in comparison to Blockbuster, he's plenty small enough to get under his arms and catch his torso. However, due to the size difference Blockbuster grabs Superboy's waist from behind with efficiency.

Aqualad's tattoos begin to glow as he reaches behind his shoulders to take out his WaterBearers. The Kobra agents start firing on Red but can't land a hit as he started evading bullets throwing disks at the firearms. He then slides behind a crouching Aqualad who's behind a shield, Red presses a button as his disks shutting down the guns.

Mason: "Now!"

Aqualad uses his other WaterBearer to fire non-lethal projectiles at their chests and knock them out. Meanwhile, Bane hides, away from the action, chuckling to himself. Cut to Miss Martian flies in and starts throwing agents around, but Sportsmaster can clearly see her despite the camouflage.

Cut back to both Red and Aqualad continues to shoot and throws projectiles while Superboy gets launched into a large container by Blockbuster behind him. Getting a massive uppercut that pins him back to the container, he punches Blockbuster in the face from his pinned position. Knocking his assailant back and giving him plenty of room to land back on his feet. Then charge at Blockbuster once more.

Sportsmaster's eyes continue to narrow as he brings out a rod. Which then extends to form a sharp point that he throws at Miss M. She just barely manages to dodge, but it blows up right beside her. Knocking her away and hitting her hard enough to turn off her camouflage.

Superboy and Blockbuster continue to exchange punches as Robin runs along the catwalk over their head. Kid Flash runs behind him and both come to a stop to watch over the chaos. Kid Flash runs off, while Robin remains, and he gains a mischievous look before he runs back the way he came.

Red and Aqualad is now standing upright but is being backed up despite his shield and projectiles. Ducking behind some piping so Aqualad can put down his WaterBearers and Red to think of another strategy, but then finds two more Kobra agents on their other side.

Before they can fire Kid Flash runs in and slams his feet into both their chests to knock them out and back. Only for three more to arrive on the catwalk over where the two now lay unconscious. He barely ducks behind a pillar to avoid getting shot. Aqualad reaches for his comm, but then remembers it's jammed.

Aqualad: "Miss Martian, radio is jammed."

He tells her, since at this point, she's the only one that doesn't know.

Aqualad: "Link us up!"

Behind the men shooting at Red and Aqualad she's slowly coming to. Her eyes widen as she processes what she heard, bringing her hand to her head.

Miss M: "Everyone online?"

Superboy growls through the punch that hits him in the face.

Superboy: "Yeah."

KF: "You know it, beautiful."

Kid Flash says with a smile, despite the fact that he's getting shot at, still.

Mason: "Good. We need to regroup."

Robin: "Busy now."

The Boy Wonder lands at the Helicopter pad, Kobra stepping up right behind him, the girl by his side. Robin stands and turns instantly picking up on the movement.

Kobra: "Batman must be desperate if he sends whelp to task me."

Robin ignores the insult as he decides to banter with the villain instead.

Robin: "What's wrong, Koby? You look disconcerted."

Kobra: "This is beneath me. Shimmer, take him."

Shimmer runs at the Boy Wonder, whose only response is a smirk. Flipping over her as she gets close enough, then lands behind her. He stands back into a fighting stance.

Mason: "Robin, now."

Red's voice commands. The youngest grits his teeth, just barely losing concentration in time for Shimmer to come in with a punch ready. However, Robin drops a flash grenade, giving him time to get away and leave the two alone. Cut to Aqualad using his WaterBearers to create long whips and take out many of the still shooting Kobra agents as Red slide past him taking sweeping them off the ground with his staff.

Mason "Strategic retreat. Kid, clear a path."

Kid Flash takes out seven Kobra agents, Red and Aqualad running behind him and Robin grappling above and behind his brother and the Atlantean's head. Miss Martian flies in behind the Boy Wonder. As he drops from his line she returns to the ground, as Superboy continues to hold off Blockbuster.

Finally getting a proper hold he throws Blockbuster into amassing Kobra agents to give him time to get away as well. He makes it through the door then slams it shut. He and Aqualad are the only ones who have to take off and run, which they don't wait on as Blockbuster knocks the door in. Catching up the rest of the Team Aqualad shouts a command.

Aqualad: "Superboy, the support beams."

He punches out three in succession but wasn't expecting the cave in to be so rapid. Thankfully, Miss Martian grabs the back of his shirt and pulls him away from the debris. Forcing the Kobra agents to the same on the other side of the cave in. Blockbuster takes one look and walks away.

Cut to Red snaps a glow stick to create a light source. Robin stands with his back to Aqualad, and Red looking to the cave in, while Kid Flash leans heavily on the wall, Superboy calmly stands beside and Miss Martian is on the other side.

Robin: "How can my first mission as Leader go so wrong?"

Aqualad sets down the two pieces of the glow stick, before looking to the youngest member.

Aqualad: "You do have the most experience. But perhaps that is exactly what has left you unprepared."

Kid Flash stands and the whole group has their focus solely on the Boy Wonder's body language.

Mason: "Look bro. Fighting alongside Batman, our roles are clearly defined. The three of us didn't need to talk. But this team is new. And a leader needs to be clear, explicit. He can't just vanish and expect others to play part in an unknown plan."

Robin turns and physically swipes the idea away.

Robin: "Oh, so I'm supposed to hold everyone's hands?"

He then looks down with a pained groan.

Robin: "Ah, who am I kidding? You two should lead us, Red and Kaldur. You're the only people who can."

KF: "Please! I can run circles-"

Robin: "Wally, come on. You know they're both the ones, we all do."

Miss M: "Hello, Megan!"

Miss M says, placing her hands on her hips.

Miss M: "It's so obvious."

Superboy: "Coulda told ya."

Superboy concurs, leaning against a support beam slightly behind Red and Aqualad with his arms cross and actually smiling. He turns his attention towards Kid Flash with a frown. Wally brings his hands off his hips and over his shoulders as he shrugs, then brings his hands back to his hips and smiles.

KF: "Okay."

Mason: "I'm gonna regret this down the road. But ahhh what the hell."

Aqualad: "Then we accept the burden."

He says as he walks towards Robin pausing as he places his hand on the smaller boy's shoulder.

Aqualad: "Until you are ready to lift it from our shoulders. You were born to lead this team. Maybe not now, but soon."

Robin is smiling the whole way through the speech and confirms the terms with a small nod. He turns away and looks at all of the Team.

Aqualad: "Alright, our first priority is preventing that shipment from leaving the island."

They all gather around. Robin laughs, crosses his arms, and takes on a Wally-like smirk.

Robin: "Funny. I had the same thought."

Cut to the helipad, Sportsmaster is in the chopper while Shimmer and Kobra remain outside listening to it creak and stutter, but not start.

Sportsmaster: "Sabotage."

He states, considering it was running fine when he left.

Sportsmaster: "Robin?"

Kobra: "Undoubtedly."

Kobra agrees, his annoyance showing before he turns to Shimmer.

Kobra; "Find the problem. Fix it."

She bows and walks off as Sportsmaster steps beside Kobra and one of his agents and Blockbuster join the two.

Agent: "Master, shall we send search parties after the intruders?"

Kobra: "Don't be absurd, they'll come to us."

Kobra snarls, walking away.

"Sportsmaster's the supplier-slash-buyer."

Robin says as it cuts to all six running down the mine tunnel.

Mason: "But it still doesn't track. He doesn't have the juice to acquire the Blockbuster formula or to get Kobra to do his dirty work."

Despite having superspeed Kid Flash remains beside Robin, though both are in the lead, with Aqualad and Superboy behind them, and Miss Martian the furthest back and in the air.

KF: "And neither of them have the chops to bond Blockbuster with Venom. That took some major nerdage."

Aqualad: "I believe the expression is "tip of the iceberg"."

Aqualad states, coming to a stop as they see Bane standing in front of their exit. Something long and metal dropping from his grip. Joining at least half a dozen more just like it on the ground.

Bane: "Halt, niños."

He commands, something bright green sticking out of his left hand.

Bane: "I'm feeling explosive."

Behind them are explosives on the second to last support beam, judging by the cave in they experienced they wouldn't make it out in time.

Aqualad: "You betrayed us. Why?"

Bane: "I want my factory back."

Mason: "Kid, you'll need a running start."

Red says through the mind link, the ginger does as he's told and slowly starts taking steps backward.

Bane: "So, I forced you into a situation where you would either take down my enemies or die trying."

Mason: "Congrats you just took Riddler's spot as most annoying Rogue villain."

Bane smirks proudly before continuing.

Bane: "If the latter, the Justice League would certainly come to avenge their sidekicks. And when the smoke cleared Santa Prisca would be mine once more."

He holds out the trigger.

Bane: "Blowing the tunnel with you inside should have the same effect."

What he didn't notice the blur and went to hit the button on to find it missing.

KF: "With what?"

Kid Flash's voice asks from behind the supervillain. Leaning smugly against a nearby tree as Bane turns to him.

LF: "This trigger thingy?"

He continues to question, showing Bane the still intact trigger in his hand. Bane went to go punch the ginger but was pulled back and away by an unseen force. Or rather M'gann's telekinesis. Now being held a good ten feet off the ground the others join her where Bane can see them.

Mason: "Superboy would you do the honor?"

Superboy drops into a fighting stance.

Superboy: "Finally."

He sounded both pleased, amused, and some frightening degree of desperate. M'gann looks to him and fully settles into his stance.

Superboy: "Drop him."

She looks up innocently as she drops her hand, the force holding Bane diminishes and he falls right into the hard uppercut from Superboy. Cut to the helicopter which is now up and running again and they're loading the product once more.

Kobra agent: "The helicopter is operational, exalted one."

The agent states the rather obvious. Sportsmaster walks back down towards the chopper with the silver box from before. Only to be stopped as Kid Flash runs in and takes out the two furthest agents in the rows on both his sides, then over to one of the agents now shooting at him. Kicking him in the chest and knocking him away from the gun.

Kobra: "Take the shipment!"

Two more agents come up behind him, and as Sportmaster goes to leave Superboy drops in, cracking the concrete mere feet away from the helicopter.

Superboy: "Go again?"

He asks Blockbuster. The monster roars, Kid Flash takes out one other Kobra agent between the two super-strong forces, just as he gets within striking distance a stream of water takes out the monster.

Superboy: "Sorry. Not the plan."

He then looks over to ensure that Aqualad isn't being ambushed as he holds the water stream. Sportsmaster gets behind Superboy, using the cover of the helicopter, and hits him with a bright red blast from his gun on the teen's back.

He gets two more shots, then starts rapidly firing as he manages to force the clone backward. In his distraction, Miss Martian goes unseen. Until she tries to swoop in and help, only for Sportsmaster to hit her hard, disabling her camouflage and get her in a chokehold. All while still shooting at Superboy.

Kid Flash takes out one of the few remaining cultists' guns, swiping his mask in the process.

KF: "Souvenir."

He continues to run as the agent falls unconscious. Shimmer and Kobra taking a step back. In a second a bola wraps around her body and knocks her to the ground. Looking to the source Kobra glares at both Robins.

Robin: "I know you hate getting your hands dirty."

The Boy Wonder snarks as if he did the cult leader a favor.

Kobra: "True,"

Though he reaches up and takes off his cloak. Revealing his shaved head and matching pale body.

Kobra: "But sometimes even a God must stoop to conquer."

The brothers smirks and charges at Kobra, Red brings a knee up with a high jump. Only for Kobra to block it with one hand. His eyes widen, but narrow as he drops back down and let's Robin go and sweep out his feet. Kobra only needs to lift one leg. This time Red pushes off the ground once more, a roundhouse aiming right for Kobra's face. Which the Cult Leader catches with a singular hand, then front kicking the teen in the chest into Robin and watches as they both flip to land on their feet once more and slide back a few feet. Red's teeth clenching, but he doesn't attack again.

Kobra: "What's wrong, boys? You look disconcerted."

Kid Flash runs around, taking out three more Kobra agents standing in a semicircle. The fourth remains and goes to shoot at Kid Flash only to be shoulder checked by the super speeding streak.

Aqualad continues to push Blockbuster farther with the water stream. Putting away a WaterBearer his hand sparks like the eel that his tattoos mirror would. He touches the water to conduct the electricity. Lighting the monster up like a Christmas tree. His tattoos turning back to black as he puts his other WaterBearer back. Still firing at Superboy and holding Miss Martian, Sportsmaster begins to back up into the loading bay of the chopper.

Sportsmaster: "Thanks for the workout, but I gotta fly."

He pauses in his firing long enough to throw Miss Martian into Superboy and knock both of them to the ground. Both of them don't even move as the chopper takes off. Miss Martian shows the trigger that they took from Bane to Superboy with a smile. Then depresses the top. Sportsmaster doesn't even know the explosives are there until it detonates. Setting the loading bay of the chopper on fire and blowing out the back. With that much of the chopper wreaked, Sportsmaster loses control, seeing where he's going to crash, he jumps out of the helicopter.

The chopper lands directly on the factory, destroying the whole thing. Bane can only watch as he's tied to a tree on the cliff by the exit to the tunnel. Anger showing, even through his mask. Both Robins gets knocked to the ground, and Kobra's massive feet steps onto both their chests. Despite being trained by Batman neither can move the foot keeping them pinned.

Kobra: "I am plagued by mosquitoes!"

Kobra proclaims, glaring down at Red and Robin.

Robin: "Good, because these mosquitos is mighty concerted over your pain!"

Red executes a dual helicopter kicks to fully knock Kobra's leg off their chests, both brothers then rolls into a handstand and springs back towards the rest of the team. The six stand ready to fight, Kobra glances to the side, then steps back calmly.

Kobra: "Another time then."

He then he disappears into the shadows. Robin attempts to follow but is shocked to find only shrubbery and darkness. He walks back to find the other four still waiting, though Miss Martian comes back to the ground.

Robin: "We picked the right guys to lead."

Robin tells Red and Aqualad sincerely.

Robin: "Automatically making you two the right guys to explain this mess to Batman!"

He then walks away laughing. Aqualad can only look down in thought while Red-

Mason: "Ima kill you ya little shit..."

Mount Justice; August 4th; 13:06 EDT
-

Batman: "A simple recon mission."

He gets within inches of Aqualad and Red's face as he berates them.

Batman: "Observe and report!"

He then backs off.

Batman: "You'll each receive written evaluations detailing your many mistakes."

Batman walks past all six, who stand at full attention. Coming to a pause beside Superboy, who is the last one in their line.

Batman: "Until then: good job."

All of their heads snap up in shock, then look to Batman out of the corner of their eyes.

Batman: "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy."

All of them relax and stand slightly more comfortably.

Batman: "How you adjust to the unforeseen is what determines success."

They all watch him as he continues and starts walking away.

Batman: "And how you choose who leads determines character."

Robin smiles, and both Red and Aqualad looks down at the smaller boy and does as well.

Sportsmaster: "All I managed to recover is a single vial of Kobra-Venom."

Cut to Sportsmaster holding it up to prove his point.

???: "Peut-être... the formula can be reverse-engineered."

A projected voice says, with a slight accent.

???: "Mias what of these heroes?"

The  voice comes from a screen which looks to contain only a container.

???: "First Cadmus, then Mister Twister. Now, Santa Prisca."

???: "Once is happenstance."

Another agrees, his voice dark, and turning darker as he continues.

???: "Twice is coincidence. But three times is enemy action, and enemies of the Light must not stand."
.
.
.
.
.

===========================================================
Leadership Role:
Kaldur: Main Leader
Mason: Co-Leader

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 7.4K 19
After the Death of the Flying Graysons, Richard Grayson is missing. Batman goes to investigate Tony Zucco and meets a young vigilante going by, Robin...
232K 8.3K 39
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
43.3K 997 14
After a mission goes wrong in Gotham City the Justice League suspends the Younger Leaguers from all active duties while a full investigation is compl...
16.3K 322 22
The young justice team need to protect the Wayne family as a new mission. Will The team find out their secrets and will the team more secrets be disc...