Lotus - A Yearning Of The Sou...

By dakshi_105

The Girl with a hope to conquer the freedom she has always desired of is set on a journey to achieve her goal... More

A glimpse of her life
Familiarization.!!
1-Gravitation!!
2-The After effects!
3-Another Fateful Coincidence!!
4-Ice Princess
5- The Feelings - 1
6-The Feelings - 2.
7-Birthday
8-The Revelation
9- Marriage Fixed!!!
10-Confrontation And a spur of feelings.
11-Sangeet.
12 - Accepting the Truth
13- Mutual Respect
14- Before the engagement.
15- Dastur.
16- Engagement
17 - Puzzles
18- Riding.
20- Shubh Vivah
21- Grah Pravesh
22-Wedding Night
23- Home
24- Equation.
25- Read me.
26- Growing Close
27 - The Truth unveiled.
28 - Date Night
29 - Closet
30 - Night Stay
31- Mandore
32 - Fun Night!
33- On his knee for her
34- Horse Riding Date
35- Troubles at the door
36-The pregnancy blunder
37- Where's Devi?
38- The return of Devi.
39- Navratri
40- Night before the Trip!!
41- Off to America ✈️
42- Longings!!
43-Karwa Chauth
44-Realizing her feelings
45- Her Past:1
46- Her past:2
47- The Night of Memories
!! New Book Covers!!
48- Letters!
49- He is Upset!
50- Yaar Manauna!
51- Gaurav & Ghanakshi
52- Diwali
53-Revenge taken well!!!
54-Manasvi in trouble
55- The night of Love!!
56-Results
57-Dreams come true
58-Residency
59-Vikrant's End
60-Fears and Trust.
61- Insecurities
62- Elder Daughter-In-Law
63- Announcement

19- Pre Wedding Rituals

441 26 0
By dakshi_105

DEVANSHI'S POV:

It was Vinayak Sthaapana and all my extended family and friends were here and my maternal family arrived too. 

All the rituals have started taking place.
Getting ready for the Vinayaka Sthaapana, going down stairs in my red saree.

Everything started happening on a real fast pace, I was quite anxious now.

One day passed.

Today were just some Pooja and Mehendi in evening, and tomorrow is Haldi, day after tomorrow is Sangeet. After that Wedding. That's it,  I would be gone forever...

A lone tear slipped my eyes, I don't know how I would manage at a place I don't know, I've never been, with people I've met just once and that one person for whom I am leaving everything here, I don't know about him, I just don't have any feelings towards. It's true that I speak even those words I don't want to in front of him. It is as if I can't ignore the pull. But I can't bring myself to trust him. I don't know if I can Or I want to spend my entire life with him.

Even if he is perfect, I can't bring myself to trust this perfection, or more precisely I don't know if I will be able handle this perfection. Every thing good is not always true in my case.

Mom entered the room, I looked in her direction and she came beside me sitting on  the chair, helping me wear the bangles.

"I know what you must be thinking but, you must not punish someone of the crime they never did. I accept we've done wrong to you...." And I interrupted her mid sentence "It was not your or not even  Papa's..."

"Let me speak Gudiya." She said authoritatively and I nodded, she continues
" We gave you some wounds in your childhood, which we cannot heal, we can't even change ourselves now. But that doesn't mean you won't trust in God's plan. You have to and you must. Whatever comes your way, be strong you are my warrior, bachha as your Nanosa calls you 'My Lotus Warrior'. You delicate, beautiful, intelligent and yet so strong, brave and courageous. Always believe in yourself. Always, no matter what. I can't say about your father but in every situation and every decision of yours I'm with you. I'm sorry for your childhood, Gudiya."

"Maa, I'm not angry you don't have to be sorry. Please." I replied and we both cried a bit in each other's embrace, getting emotional.

There was a knock on my door and there, it was Akshu, with an unknown look on her face. "You don't even realize it's your Mehendi and you are not dressed yet completely, HURRY UP!"

And we chuckled, while I started getting ready. As I stood there all dressed for my Mehendi, they both gawked at me lovingly. Mom did some of her usual procedure to protect me from evil eye.

While we went down stairs and I sat on the sofa for the ceremony Ghanakshi clicked a picture of me and chirped "Sending it to Jiju, he might love it." I just smiled to her comment not knowing how to react.

And the ceremony started, ladies singing folk songs and the artists applying Mehendi, while only girls were present and fun bits moments, teasings, it continued.

VEDANSH'S POV:

I was sitting on the couch while my phone pinged with a notification, 'Ghanakshi' she sent a pic. Opening the image I was stunned, my mouth was zipped and I awed at the pic in front of me. How much I wanted to be there? Why do we follow traditions? Fuck, being a prince sucks.

She looked a princess in the lehenga. I just want to pull her and kiss her, the heart shaped plump lips, urging me to do so. Uhhh! I can't wait for the Wedding.

Haldi day:

I was getting ready for my haldi and glanced at my phone on the dressing table. I unlocked it and saw the picture of hers, which I clicked on the launch party, I smiled to myself and sent her the message, while going for my Haldi.

DEVANSHI'S POV:

Coming out of the bathroom I saw a text from Rakshas kumar and immediately opened it "Aapne humara naam apni hatheli pe likhva liya, ab hum apne tan ko aapke rang rangne chale hain."

["You've written my name in your palm, now I'm off to colour myself as yours."]

And there was a pic of him in attire for Haldi.

I kept the phone without replying and smiled to myself seeing the Mehendi in my palm.

I started getting ready and Aisha and Neha came taking me for the ceremony or may be photoshoot first.

Again Akshu sent him my pic and instantly there was a reply, "Kya khoob nazaren banaata hai khuda, dekh kar jinhe jee bharta nahin, bin dekhe raha jaata nahin aur paas unke jaa skte nahin.Thodi rehem kar de mere malik, iss naacheez ki dua kabool farma, meri khwaahish mere kareeb le aa."

[" Such amazing beauty created by God, I can't stay away from. Neither can I go closer nor can I be away. I pray for my wish to come closer." 
(Wish- as in the lover)]

I was dressed in a simple yellow saree and modest jewelry and yet he complimented me as if I was some beauty pageant queen.

I blushed and again kept it aside without saying anything, but Aisha, Nehu and Akshu noticed my blush and started teasing me.

One by one everyone came and applied haldi to me and blessed me, a few trying not to get emotional.

It was night time, while all my cousins and me were on the terrace having our time together.

When we finally were sleepy, it was 3.30 am and we finally decided to sleep.

I was off to my bed, but sleep no where close to my eyes, but while in the pool of thoughts I don't know how I fell asleep.

24th July and Sangeet, everyone busy with some chores and I couldn't just wrap my head around all these that I won't be able to meet these people whenever I want. The thought itself was scary; what about the reality?

Getting dressed in a lehenga, I decided to send my pic myself this time.

This time my phone rang with a familiar caller id and I picked it up knowing who it might be "Jiii.." I said waiting for the response.

V: "Jaan vaise hi aapke havale kar chuke hain, ab kya chahti hain?"

["You've already taken my breath away, what do you want more?"]

D: "Matalab?"

["What does it mean?"]

V: "Matlab ye ki hum samajh nahin paa rahe, hume kaise mil gayi aap. Aapse dur reh bhi nhi paa rahe h."

["Means that I can't understand how to stay away from you even for two day."]

And I giggled to his comment, while he spoke in a but hoarse voice, indication of rise in his anger.
V: "Once again, you made fun of my feelings, Devi... That's not acceptable."

D: "Mr.Suryavanshi..... It's not that it's just.. You were sounding cute like a baby."

V: "Oh... So I am a cute baby, now. Fine whatever makes you happy"

And I chuckled again while asking to hang up which he didn't let me saying "Don't you wanna see your groom, hold on" And he sent me his pic. Indeed the most handsome groom I could say but didn't and commented 'average'.

V: " Worst to average, a good progress."

D: " I'll go now, Byee.."

Going on stage, I sat on the chair and another stage opposite to me was placed for performances.

My cousins started performing and then it was Akshu's turn. She danced all like herself, she loved Western dance and that's what she did but in a stunning way. My mom danced and later was joined by all the ladies.

The host as in My Raj bhaisa, came and took me on stage and all the cousins danced. We both were dancing on a mashup of Laadki and Kon halave  limbdi ne kon halave pipli, while we both got emotional. But as the dance ended hugging each other, I again sat on my place and was shook to hear the next performance, my Father.

He came on stage and sang a beautiful Rajasthan song 'Dub Dub Bhariya'.

He remembered, it was quite a years when everything was alright. He was showing me something about some Rajasthani culture and he sang this song, while mom commented you must sing it on Gudiya's wedding and he promised to do so.

But I didn't knew after so much happening, he'll do it. I was so happy listening to him and I couldn't stop my tears from flowing now. He smiled at me and patted my head while my mother hugged me accompanied by  Akshu.

Followed by the events, fun, music and Dance the evening was eventful.

It ended by the evening, In just few hours he would arrive,and tomorrow was 25th. The Sangeet took place in the afternoon and till 7.00 PM as wedding was early in the morning at 4.00 am.

25th of July, Marriage day awaiting for us.

I drifted into dream land.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 9.9K 49
[Added to Historical/General Fiction reading list of @ProjectWomanUp] #ProjectWomanUp She didn't know martial arts yet she was strong. She broke fro...
77.1K 3.5K 63
"I was invisible to him then and I will be forever" ~Nina Suresh "She's mine yet....she's not." ~Arjun Kapoor *~* ♡Nina Suresh♡ Fun, loving, selfle...
5.1K 326 10
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲" 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 : #𝟏. "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐈 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐚,𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫...
56K 4.2K 35
Historical Series - 1 11th century, in Singhal. Her own people betrayed her, her family used her. Pawned her in a political marriage with a man 15 ye...