Enchanted

By pmjc88

What to do, when the dark side of the world, the one no one knows exists comes to light? War is coming, but... More

Preview
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two

Three

502 27 9
By pmjc88

Trix sat back, putting the chair on its two back legs as her feet were up on the table, her eyes closed. She was waiting for Diaz to come in, and read her the riot act, again. They can't really be pissed at her, she did just stop a crooked detective, and bring evidence of his involvement, in narcotics and human trafficking.

She had walked right into the station, up to Riverez, and started hitting him. She managed to break his nose, busted eye socket, dislocate his arm, and cracked a rub or two before six others managed to drag her off, but only because she relented. She had to stop or she would kill him.

She had stood back, tossed the drive to Diaz, and moved to make a coffee in the corner, while everyone else quickly huddled to get Riverez help. She was known at the precinct, and many knew not to get in her way. With the amount of shit she did, she never went to prison for it, just a night or two in the cells, someone higher up clearly wanted to keep her on the streets.

She didn't open her eyes when she heard the door, just smiled to herself, knowing Diaz and Carlton walked in... 'Any chance of you giving us your contacts names?..'

'You already know the answer to that detective..'.. She peeked over at Diaz... 'Did he choke on his blood and die?..'

Carlton cleared his throat as he sat down, trying not to laugh... 'No, but he's been seen to, and now in custody while we go over the evidence. He wants to press charges against you for assault..'

'Not the first one, and won't be the last..'.. She dropped her feet and chair, sitting up... 'You all know I only go after those that deserve it. So, how much time am I sitting in the cells for this time? And any chance I can get some Popeyes? I'm starving..'

'We've been told to hold you for now. Your name has been flagged in the system as a person of interest..'... Diaz links his fingers over the file he has.

'I am well aware that I have been, and I know exactly who it is, its not happening..'.. She stands up and moves to the two way mirror behind them, and folds her arms. She knew exactly where he was behind it... 'The answer is still no Fury, I'm not joining your band of freaks and geeks..'

'You owe me $10..'.. Diaz held a hand out to Carlton who just sighed, handing over the money.

'Let's be honest here..'.. Trix began to pace about... 'I'm the one who does the dirty work, finds the bad guys who deserve to be brought to justice. Yes, I use unethical methods, but that's why nothing I've done ever sticks, right? Because you all need me to keep doing what I'm doing, as long as I don't kill. So, either stick me in a time out, or let me walk out of here, I got shit to do..'

The room was silent for a minute and Diaz sighed... 'You're free to go. If you have any other information, bring it to me, and next time, don't start beating down a badge in a room full of cops..'.. He stood up, picking up the file... 'We've already started on Riverez contacts, if you want to bring them in, great..'

'How about I incapacitate them, and then put in a call?..'.. She shrugged and Carlton laughed this time, with Diaz giving hin a stern look.

'Look, I don't know who you got watching out for you, but one day your luck is going to run out Trix, so please don't go too far off the deep end..'.. Diaz nods to her.

'I'm already in the deep end, and swimming in it..'.. She grinned at him... 'Besides, you know Riverez can't be protected now. I put his name out there..'

She heard Diaz mutter in Spanish at her... 'You are playing with fire..'... He headed to the door, and opening it.

'Send Fury and his sidekick in. I know they want to talk..'.. She looked over to the mirror, and waggled her fingers at it... 'I won't bite unless Hill asks..'

'Don't want to see you in here for at least a month Trix..'.. Diaz called as him and Carlton left the room, and she sat on the edge of the desk, waiting. Not a few seconds later, Fury and Hill walk in, closing the door behind them.

'Nothing you can say or do, is going to make me join. So, how about you just say your spiel, and leave me the fuck alone..'.. She swings her legs, looking between the two of them.

'We have a file, on Reaper..'.. Fury holds it up... 'And we believe you know how to contact them.'

'I don't associate myself with mass murderers Fury, why do you think I want nothing to do with you and your band? I am not a "hero"..'.. She air quoted... 'Because that lot you got on a leash, are just as bad as Reaper. They kill, not thinking about their consequences. I bring the bad guys to justice, and I will continue to do so. I know you try to track and follow me, and you still can't keep up..'.. She leaned into them both with a grin... 'I'm better than all of you combined, and it really gets to you, doesn't it? That I can do what needs to be done, without the strings..'

'Miss Benson-..'

'No. That's my answer, and it won't change. Now, if you dont mind, I have places to go, people to track and bad guys to hurt..'... She hopped off the table... 'Fuck you very much, and have a nice day..'.. She pulled the door open and left the two of them in the interrogation room.

'She really is good..'.. Hill chuckles... 'Haven't seen you stunned silent like that since Romanoff joined us..'

'She would be an asset to the team..'.. Fury shakes his head.

'She's an asset to the country already. She's brought down more than this precinct has in a year. Who's keeping her out of prison?..'.. She folded her arms, leaning against the table.

'That, I really don't know, but we need to find out. We..'.. He gestured between the two... 'Keep on this..'

Hill nodded in understanding. One woman who was literally bringing down organisations from the dark underworld of the States, single handedly, well, that's what it seems like. Surely she has others to assist, and that's what Fury wants to know. One woman who is clearly protected by someone really high up. Who was Trix Benson, and what was she really doing?

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony looked through the timeline of kills that Reaper had, and all surveillance, photos they had on the target. 331 confirmed kills in five years, across the country and around the world, but each one was someone who was shady, bad and down right deplorable. Tony didn't feel bad for those Reaper had killed, in fact he couldn't help but feel a little proud. This was someone who clearly was trying to make a difference, even with what they were doing.

'Any luck?..'... He turned his head, seeing Rogers and Wilson walk in to the lab.

'Nothing I can use to track them. I've got Friday running all possible traces, to see if there's a connection. This one..'.. He pulls up the file on Franco Guthrie... 'Killed in Egypt, 14/5/13. He was an arms dealer, part of Hydra. He was there to begin transactions of child trafficking, wanting the kids so Hydra could continue their human experimentations. Him and his associates were killed, and the children freed. They now live in a home, that had funding to care for them, anonymous donor..'

'I'm starting to feel like I should by Reaper a drink..'.. Sam looked between the two.

'I've checked into each of the kills, and honestly, I don't feel bad for any of them. Reaper doesn't kill anyone who's innocent..'.. Tony gestured to the timeline.

'But they still kill people Tony, regardless. These..'.. Steve points to it... 'Could be brought in, served justice the right way..'

'We kill..'.. Tony folded his arms... 'Like at the Sokovian base. We didn't stop to bring all of them in, we just attacked to do our mission, regardless of who was hurt or killed, right?..'

'That's not the same Tony..'... Steve sighed.

'You're right, it's not. We don't actually stop to think if anyone we fight is doing it willingly or not. We don't stop to take accountability for what we do. Tell me something Cap..'.. Tony stepped closer... 'All those who suffered from our battle with Hydra and Ultron, have you even checked to see how they were doing? How you could help make their lives better, considering they were victims of our fights?..'

'Casulties happen Tony. We do our best, to stop the bigger threats. You're trying to justify Reapers actions..'.. Steve clenched his jaw and walked out.

'So..'.. Sam rocked on his heels... 'Any leads?..'

😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 439 31
Steve Rogers Tony Stark Bruce Banner Clint Barton Pietro Maximoff Bucky Barnes Thor Loki Peter Parker Please comment/Request if you want other...
327K 6.5K 43
Different imagines of situations with different marvel characters - most will be avengers - I do not own any of the marvel characters- all rights fo...
8.7K 394 12
Oneshots and short stories from the Marvel (alternate) universe. Mostly Avengers and Loki, for now... I'll add new stories every now and then. Do yo...
543K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...