ᴀ sᴛᴇᴘ ɪɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ | ᴛᴏʙɪʀᴀᴍᴀ sᴇɴ...

By MizzGinger

As princess of a great empire, you were bitter about your forced marriage to the second son of a shinobi clan... More

1. ᴀ ᴘʀᴀʏᴇʀ
2. ᴀ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ
3. ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ
4. ᴀ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴꜱᴡᴇʀꜱ
5. ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴡᴏᴇ
6. ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
7. ɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ
8. ᴛᴇᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
9. ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ
10. ᴀ ʙᴜᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɢᴇ
11. ʜɪꜱ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ
12. ᴀ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
13. ᴘᴀꜱᴛʀɪᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ
14. ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇᴀ
16. ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛ
17. ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
18. ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴀʀ ꜱɪɴɢꜱ
19. ꜱʜᴀᴅᴏᴡꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
20. ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ
21. ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅꜱ [1]
22. ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅꜱ [2]
23. ᴀ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ
24. ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
25. ᴀ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
26. ɪɴᴛʀɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ ᴡᴇʙꜱ
27. ᴀ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏʀᴛꜱ
28. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ, ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
29. ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
30. ᴜɴᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ
31. ᴀ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
32. ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ
33. ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
34. ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʟʟɪᴇꜱ
35. ᴀʀᴍʏ ᴛʀɪꜰʟᴇꜱ
36. ʜᴜᴍᴀɴɪᴛʏ
37. ꜱᴛʀᴀᴛᴇɢɪᴢᴇ
38. ᴘᴀꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛ
39. ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴍʙꜱ
40. ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ
41. ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ʙᴏɴᴅꜱ
42. ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜꜱ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
43. ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏɴ
44. ᴠɪʟʟᴀɢᴇ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ
45. ᴛɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴀᴛ
46. ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
47. ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜɪꜱ ᴇʏᴇꜱ
48. ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀᴛ
49. ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʏ

15. ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏᴏᴍ

714 60 12
By MizzGinger

A/N: Ok now I finally have all the chapters written for the first part of the story, so I will begin updating twice a week until the end of this year or until we reach the end of the first part.

Building a world from scratch has been eating up all my time for this story, not to mention how many OC characters there are in this that get a spotlight. It's beginning to look like some fiction novel with Naruto characters in the mix e_e;; And I'm not very used to making new worlds like this since I'm a fanfiction writer that stays within the construct of each fandom's world. ANYWAYS, that's my rant for now. Please enjoy! (picture above is the new room setup)

[x]

After much time in repair, your new room is finally available for you to move in. Due to the high volume of clothes, they combined another room so that you may have a larger closet. In return, the wait time increased, but it was well worth it as it is now a place fit for royalty. 

It's still smaller compared to your palace abode, though you don't mind the reduction in size. After more than a month here, you now enjoy the intimacy of the mansion. It isn't difficult to track people down, and you can be more involved in the family dynamic; both of which were an issue back at the palace.

In addition to the new closet space, you gain an area to receive guests, a larger bed, a wonderful view of the gardens, and an antique vanity with a mirror. Your desk no longer is a small table placed near the window. Instead, it's a large oak surface with many drawers and items to allow letters to be sent ad nauseum, granting you your mission for the day: sending a flurry of correspondence.

You glance at the doorway to find only Hisa there for the grand reveal. "Where's Tobirama? I thought he'd want to be here." You worry for obvious reasons. It's been a few days since the little spat you had with him, leaving you both on unsavory terms two days ago. His reception of you has been terse at best, but at the very least he still says his good morning's and good night's. 

"Lady Mito was feeling ill and has been sent to the hospital. Master Hashirama went along with Master Tobirama."

Though you sympathize with Mito, there is relief to know that Tobirama isn't actively avoiding you. "I see, she was quite pale during breakfast..." You lower your gaze. "Hisa, please send flowers to the hospital. One that signifies health."

"Of course, Your Royal Highness."

Despite her words, her body remains rooted to the floor. You don't notice her frozen state as you continue going through your agenda. "I need to write some letters. We'll send them through the usual channels. If the mailman arrives early, ask him to wait for me."

"Of course, Your Royal Highness."

You blink a few times before giving Hisa your attention. "Is something wrong?"

She checks if the door is closed and trots over to the desk where you sit. She procures a letter from her apron, handing it over to your awaiting hands. "You received a strange letter."

Your eyebrows furrow as you glance at the front of the envelope. "It's from Akito..." You purse your lips. "Does Tobirama know that he sent this?"

"It was received through his own bird just now. I do not believe Master Tobirama is aware of its existence," she answers instantly.

'So it didn't go through Utake,' you think to yourself as you notice the seal still on. "Why didn't you have it inspected?"

Hisa hesitates, "The bird flew into your previous room, and I noticed it. Most of your correspondence has been filtered heavily that I made the selfish decision to give this to you."

She speaks in a tone that conceals her intentions. You cannot tell if she holds pity for your caged status or has other motives in facilitating contact with Akito. Unfortunately, you cannot remember the face of your maid when you first stayed at the Senju mansion. You don't recognize Hisa being the person who tended to you since you refused to look at anyone. What you do know is that your previous maid had a different voice from Hisa.

Either way, you appreciate the chance to find out Akito's impression of you. "Thank you, Hisa. You may leave now."

"Yes, Your Royal Highness." She bows and departs, leaving you alone in your room to read this letter.

As you open up the envelope, pushing back the questions about your maid, you wonder what you will discover. Will he threaten you to leave his family? Judging from how he destroyed your room, it's the most probable assumption, but Hisa did mention that Tobirama had never punished Akito before, meaning that his behavior was always model-like before you came along. 

It makes no sense for a boy to suddenly become aggressive. Something in regards to your arrival set him off, and you hope that this letter will absolve you of this confusion.

"Dearest stepmother,

I hear that your new accommodations have been completed and wish to extend my deepest apologies for my actions that have caused you great discomfort."

You inspect the sentence a few more times. This boy has never apologized to you before. When he occupied the mansion, his behavior was brutish and arrogant. Even if he was in the wrong, he would never admit to it. Though a tad unsettled, you resume reading.

"I wish I exercised the same restraint as my father. Your union was a sudden one that took my father and I by surprise. No reason can excuse my moment of brief frustration, but I wish to inform you of why I felt that way. 

For our people, the Empire has always been an affliction, constraining lands from us and forcing subjugation on us to survive. I had believed you to be cut of the same cloth and allowed my assumption to lay waste to your room."

He speaks with an eloquence you never knew of him that for a moment you wonder if this was written by someone else. Then clips of memories resurface. You always did catch him with a book on hand, and someone did mention that he enjoyed reading by the gardens. Maybe this boy is more scholarly than shinobi.

"When I received word of your kindness, how the citizens adored you and how you've been involved in watching Konoha grow, I realized that my prejudices destroyed your first impression of me. I am relieved that my father sent me on a retreat. I needed a stern moment away from the bustle of your arrival to pursue a deep retrospection. One that has allowed me to see that it was I who did wrong. 

In truth, I thought it was easier to reject you first before another mother rejected me. Title this the woes of a child, but I never wanted to give you a chance even though my father pleaded for me to try. I wanted things to remain the same. But to see my people flourish has me believing that maybe I too can benefit from having a new family member. Maybe I too can experience the benefits of a mother.

In conclusion, I want to say that I am sorry, that I wish to get to know you more, and that I hope you enjoy your new room. I plead that you call upon me when I return so that we may begin on the right foot this time."

P.S.: Please do not tell my father I've written to you. He was quite keen on keeping me far away from you in fear of my... anger issues. Which I'm working on.

Akito Senju

You chuckle. He doesn't sound like an eleven year old at all, but then again, he was always intelligent for his age. When you two fought, his rude behavior was bolstered by his diction and gave you no room for retort. You always lost your battles with him which further destroyed your pride.

You glance at the blank sheets of paper by your side. Should you respond to him, they will know that you received a letter. Akito also didn't want to engage the proper channels to speak to you, and it might be because he doesn't want Utake to know of the forming allegiance you may begin with him. But how is Akito aware of this? 

Your recollection of Konoha's beginning is scattered. They recently became a recognized territory, and when they were recognized, they received a small plot of land and an ambassador. Utake was here well before you were sent. When the Empire discovered Konoha's intent for agreeable relations and how they held monstrous power, you were given to them as a gift which resulted in more land, more monetary assistance, but also more leeway for the Empire to be involved in all of Konoha's dealings. 

Everything combined must have made Akito fearful. He may be intelligent and have made the correct assumptions, but he is still young and does not know how to handle those frustrations. 

At least you know where Akito stands with you now. If there is something you can rely on with children, it's that they are truthful to a fault. You will believe in his desire to repair things with you, and for him to return safely, you need to resolve this Land War mess that will come soon. 

First, you must start off with who was connected. Rogue shinobi, tailed-beasts, and the Fileen family, a noble family that are direct cousins of the Vandala and of the duke that is to marry your elder sister, Almira. They are the ones who instigated the Land War, acting as if it was their given right despite the land already belonging to Konoha. When Konoha demanded assistance in securing their land, the Empire was purposefully slow to react and allowed a vast amount of shinobi to perish as they protected their land.

After the war, the Fileen received a monetary fine as punishment which was basically a slap on the wrist. The Dukedom paid it off for them quite easily and then everyone in the Empire acted as if it never happened. The shinobi, however, had to deal with a diminished force and less land to favor peace.

Within the property stolen, there was fertile land, a resourceful mine, and great hunting grounds filled with monsters. Hashirama said that they weren't needed as long as their people lived. It was... truly something that could have been avoided had you not been such a thorn on their side. 

They couldn't retaliate because it was obvious the Empire colluded with the Fileen. One wrong move would sour relations and make things infinitely harder on you. Even though you were misbehaving, it seemed that the Senju brothers didn't want to make it worse for you. 

But this time, you are going to be the catalyst to a different outcome!

You begin writing on the blank paper. You send a letter to each of your siblings, inviting them to the Senju mansion. Gregory, Paul, Almira, and Elric, but you know that only one will take the bait. You also write to your friends to tell them of your settled marital life. They will never respond, but you want them to know that you are fine and not a social outcast.

You spend hours writing that you do not realize how much time has passed until there is a knock on the door. "Princess?"

"Come in!"

Tobirama enters the room but does not offer his greeting. He just scans the area with a nod. "Is it to your liking?"

You rise to his entrance and travel over to his side. When you glance up at him, you send a wide smile. Relief settles the doubts you've had on whether he would behave differently after the little tiff you had with him. "It's perfect. Thank you for accommodating me."

He reaches for your hand which you give him instantly. Your desire for his contact is palpable. He brings your hand to his lips and he kisses the skin tenderly, staying there for a brief moment longer to relish in the softness of your skin. 

"Anything for you," comes his husky response that sets your body aflame. 

"Y-Yes... Well," you turn your head as he finally returns your hand. You still feel the heat of his lips and become greedy for more. "Um... I was just writing letters today."

"Did you find everything you need?"

"I did, and I was wondering if you can get the estate ready for a royal visit in case one of my siblings visits," you ask timidly.

His eyes widen slightly. "You believe they will answer the call?"

"I'd like to think so," you respond with a tight smile.

He knows that you plot something and chuckles, "If that is your wish. You are free to invite whoever you want... May I escort you to dinner later? It will be only us tonight."

You blush, "I'd like that."

"Then I will leave you to your plotting," he chuckles. He may find your scheming innocent and free of consequences, but little does he know how grim they actually are. You aspire for the demise of those at fault, hope for their ruin, and you contemplate if Tobirama would see you differently if he knew the kind of person you are.

[end of chapter 15]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 6.4K 41
❀The 3rd great ninja war has been raging on for 2 years now. Effort in the Leaf village is at a maximum but dwindling severely, meaning younger shino...
74.9K 1.9K 25
You, the daughter of Tsunade Senju, have to marry an Uchiha because of the Konoha conflict. Of course you do not feel comfortable marrying someone yo...
1.8K 169 38
Konohagakure was the symbol of peace and life. Her children, the plants, the trees, and the people, flourished within her protective walls. But there...
11.2K 360 13
Meera Yagami, the sister of the Yagami clan leader Hiroshi Yagami. It was decided that Meera Yagami was to be wedded to Hashirama Senju to seal the a...