This Means War | Draco Malfoy...

By xonceuponatimex

The war is finally coming, and Voldemort is on the move, looking for the Potter twins that he failed to kill... More

Soundtrack
Chapter 1 ~ Now What?
Chapter 2 ~ The Eight Potters
Chapter 3 ~ Birthday Presents
Chapter 4 ~ A Wedding Gone Wrong
Chapter 5 ~ Temporary Home
Chapter 6 ~ The Devil's Lair
Chapter 7 ~ My Funny Friend and Me
Chapter 8 ~ He Didn't See Me
Chapter 9 ~ Ron's Last Words and Departure
Chapter 10 ~ What to Believe in
Chapter 11 ~ Merry Christmas?
Chapter 12 ~ Ron's Return
Chapter 13 ~ Curiosity Got Us Busted
Chapter 14 ~ Hellos and Goodbyes
Chapter 15 ~ True Feelings on Parchment
Chapter 16 ~ Serious Talks
Chapter 17 ~ Trouble at Gringotts
Chapter 18 ~ Going Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 19 ~ Double Lightning
Chapter 20 ~ The Search
Chapter 21 ~ The Things We Do for Love
Chapter 22 ~ Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter 23 ~ Tragic Discoveries
Chapter 24 ~ Last Minute Confessions
Chapter 25 ~ A Talk with Dumbledore
Chapter 26 ~ The Final Battle
Chapter 27 ~ A New Beginning
Chapter 28 ~ The Big Question
Chapter 29 ~ Giving the Blessing
Chapter 31 ~ Nineteen Years Later

Chapter 30 ~ I Do

7.6K 283 126
By xonceuponatimex

Draco and I decided to get married in August. We didn't want to wait a long time to get married and we knew what we wanted for this wedding. Everything was going to be perfect.

On the day of the wedding, I was nervous. As I looked in the mirror with my dress on, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I saw Hermione and Ginny come into the room and gasped when they saw me.

"Max, you look beautiful!" Hermione exclaimed in awe. "I can't believe one of my best friends is getting married today."

"Same here," Ginny added. "How do you feel?"

"Nervous," I answered. "Really nervous."

"That's normal," Hermione replied. "Do you have your something old, something ne--"

"Yeah, yeah, I got all of that," I answered. I had to have something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a galleon in my shoe. I was wearing my bracelet with all my charms on it, so that was something old. My wedding dress was new. The earrings belonged to Hermione, so that was something borrowed, and I had a blue ribbon tied to my bouquet.

The door opened up, revealing Narcissa. "Hello," she said. "You look lovely, Maxine."

I smiled a little. "Thank you, but it's--"

"Max, I know," she cut me off. "But I do like your name." She paused, sighing, then looking at Hermione and Ginny. "Do you mind if I have some alone time with my future daughter-in-law, girls?" They nodded and left the room, closing the door behind them. Narcissa looked back at me. "I wanted to apologize."

"Apologize?" I repeated, confused.

"Yes, for how me and my family treated you all these years."

I felt my heart drop. "Oh, Narcissa--"

"No, please listen." She put her hand up, sitting down, motioning me to do the same. "It was wrong for all of us, especially me. I stood by and did nothing to stop my husband from hurting you. Draco has learned from his mistakes, and so have I, and I hope that you forgive me."

I carefully wiped my eyes. "Yes, of course. You're nothing like Lucius, you know."

She nodded and sighed, taking my hands. "You've changed Draco. I've never seen him so happy. He really loves you."

I took a deep breath, nodding my head. "I love him, too."

She gave me a hug, a warm embrace. "I wish you two nothing but the best." With that, she got up and left the room, closing the door behind her.

I only got ten seconds of being by myself then the door opened again. It was Harry.

"Hey," I greeted him.

"Wow, Max," Harry said to me. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I said, smiling, then looking back in the mirror. "Merlin, this is crazy," I added in a whisper.

"Nervous, I assume?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Very nervous right now. I just wish Mum and Dad were here right now."

"You'll be fine. You look beautiful, by the way."

"When do we start?" I asked.

"Not long now," he replied. "You ready?"

I nodded my head again. "I think so."

He nodded his head and we walked out to get in our places. Harry was going to walk me down the aisle since he was the one who was giving me away to Draco. He handed me my bouquet.

"Lilies," I whispered.

"For Mum," Harry said.

I took a deep breath. "Okay. Let's do this." I placed the veil over my face. With that, the wedding was now starting.

Once the bridesmaids and the groomsmen walked down, I felt everyone's eyes fall on me as Harry and I began to walk. I looked at Draco, who stared at me in awe. I smiled at him, still feeling butterflies in my stomach. After I got to him, the band stopped playing, and it was silent.

"Good afternoon, family and friends," Kingsley started off. "We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.

"Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you. Now, the couple will now read their vows to each other."

Draco was the first one to go. He took a deep breath and began speaking. "Max, for so long, I treated you like crap and didn't care one bit about it. Now I realized how stupid that was of me to do that to you. I'm glad that I got to know the real you. I'm glad that I got to look past your last name and into your heart. We've been through so much and I'm ready for us to finally get the happy ending that we deserve. I promise to be by your side, always. I love you, Max."

I smiled and wiped a few tears from my eyes. Now it was my turn. "When I was at Hogwarts, I remember this blond-headed boy who was always mean to me. I didn't think I would be standing here right now with that same boy. Our relationship has been rocky over the years, but it's turned into this beautiful love. I love you so much, Draco. I can't wait to start a new life with you. I promise to stick by you through thick and thin. You'll always have my heart."

After the vows were over, Kingsley began talking again. "Do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, take Maxine Lillian Potter to be your wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for sickness and in health, until death do you part?" Kingsley asked Draco.

He nodded his head. "I do."

Then, Kingsley turned to me. "Do you, Maxine Lillian Potter, take Draco Lucius Malfoy to be your husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

I smiled at Draco. "I do."

"The rings?" We got the rings and we slid them on each other's fingers. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," Kingsley announced.

Draco took the veil and lifted it up, revealing my face. As we kissed, everyone was cheering and applauding for us. I was finally married to the man of my dreams and life couldn't be better.

After we got pictures for the Daily Prophet, it was now time for the reception. After it started, Mr. Weasley made an announcement. "Attention, everyone, it is now time for the couple to share their first dance."

Draco and I headed out to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. Then, the song began to play.

"I won't let you fall," he whispered in my ear.

I smiled. "You didn't let me fall before."

He smiled back. "I've dreamt of this day for a long time."

"I never thought I would live long enough to even get married," I said. "You know, with Voldemort and all..."

Draco laughed. "Well, he's gone for good now," he said. "We don't have to worry about him anymore."

I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Once the song ended, everyone cheered for us. Draco and I looked at each other and shared a kiss before leaving the dance floor.

After the cheering died down, Harry spoke up. "Hi, everyone. I'm Harry, Max's twin brother, in case you didn't know that already." Everyone got a good chuckle out of that. "This is the time where the bride dances with the father. However, we're missing someone very important for that dance.

"As all of you know, our parents couldn't be here today. But specifically, since our dad could not be here today for this special moment, I decided that I'll take his place and share a dance with Max."

I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands. As the song began to play, Harry approached me and we began to dance.

"I know I can't replace Dad during this moment, but--"

"It's okay," I said, sniffling. "I'm glad that I have you to share this moment with."

I could tell by that reply that he was smiling. "I'm happy for you and Draco. I really am."

I smiled. "Thank you."

After the song was over, everyone clapped and cheered for us. I gave Harry a quick hug before the clapping died down.

"I'm ready for some food now!" Ron shouted, making everyone laugh.

A/N: Song on the side is Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. It's the song Draco and Max danced to. :) (cliche/old song but whatever, lol).

Max's wedding dress is at the top as well.

The date was August 15th, 1998.

Comment, vote, :D

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 2.8K 38
*FULL SERIES COMPLETE* This is book 6 in the Draco Malfoy Series. I highly recommend that you read the first five before this one. Draco has been rec...
54.6K 1.8K 30
Harry, James, Sirius, Remus, Hermione and Lily have set for destroying the horcruxes. But when their worst fears come true will they lose spirit or w...
393K 7.6K 16
!There is quite a few mistakes, please don't correct them this book was written so long ago when i was just a wee lil baby! (Y/n) Potter as you can...
104K 3.6K 31
It's been years since the famous Potter twins defeated Voldemort and won the Second Wizarding War. In between those years, Harry and Max Potter marri...